Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

It dries my skin out something horrible.

I tried my Costco flannel this weekend and it was super comfy. It’s a smidge big if I wash it on hot and high dry will it shrink some?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
Dr. Bronners switched to using palm oil which is a cost-saving measure so they can go gently caress right off imho :colbert:

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Fun fact, the more palm in product there is, the more it eradicates the Indonesian/Malaysian forest and Orangutans and wildlife will go extinct because of it.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Virigoth posted:

It dries my skin out something horrible.

I tried my Costco flannel this weekend and it was super comfy. It’s a smidge big if I wash it on hot and high dry will it shrink some?

Yeah it should. Then it will streatch to your body

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

hakimashou posted:

Have you ever read all the crazy poo poo on the label?

hell yeah it owns

ALL ONE BITCH!!!

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

Got a lot of guns and don't want your babies to kill themselves/heroin addicts to steal 'em? Costco provides: https://www.costco.com/.product.100341405.html?&EMID=B2C_2018_1029_4DayOffers

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
honestly everyone should have a fireproof safe filled with priceless valuables GUNS AND AMMO in case of a fire, zombie apocalypse, etc.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

hakimashou posted:

Have you ever read all the crazy poo poo on the label?

Everyone who had a girlfriend in college has at one time read all the crazy poo poo on the label

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
You want this poo poo right here

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Taima posted:

You want this poo poo right here

whoa. havent seen this yet. gonna be on the lookout because thats extremely my poo poo

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Their buffalo wing cheese is my poo poo. Gotta stock up on this one

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
The spicy cheese is kind of blink and miss it. They used to carry Ghost Pepper Pepper Jack cheese at my local Co but it doesn't exactly sell gangbusters.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

FilthyImp posted:

The spicy cheese is kind of blink and miss it. They used to carry Ghost Pepper Pepper Jack cheese at my local Co but it doesn't exactly sell gangbusters.

How is the ghost pepper one?

The habanero one alone gives me insane spicy shits. That stuff is liquid rear end fire if you eat too much. So I can only imagine how bad it would be for the ghost pepper one, but I'll totally buy it if I see it.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
My Costco got those french onion soup pucks in stock finally :woop:

Almost bought those bulgolgi dumplings too but I decided I impulse bought enough for one day.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.
I bought the Korean Beef and Onions thing from the prepared foods section. I made about a 3rd of it last night to make some tacos. It was good but I make better from scratch so not sure I will but it again. I don't think there will be any cost savings compared to making ti from scratch and it's not like it takes long to make so no time saving either.

My local Meijer store sells decent shaved beef at the butcher counter. The meat in the Costco one looked pretty stringy and had a lot of connective tissue which doesn't break down well in a fast high heat cook.

The sauce was decent but I keep about 20-25 different sauces in my pantry/fridge and I have 3 different Korean BBQ right now. My daughter liked it though so that is a plus.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer

Trastion posted:

I bought the Korean Beef and Onions thing from the prepared foods section. I made about a 3rd of it last night to make some tacos. It was good but I make better from scratch so not sure I will but it again. I don't think there will be any cost savings compared to making ti from scratch and it's not like it takes long to make so no time saving either.

My local Meijer store sells decent shaved beef at the butcher counter. The meat in the Costco one looked pretty stringy and had a lot of connective tissue which doesn't break down well in a fast high heat cook.

The sauce was decent but I keep about 20-25 different sauces in my pantry/fridge and I have 3 different Korean BBQ right now. My daughter liked it though so that is a plus.

I bought their bulgogi and I agree with your statement. Please share your recipe, its one I have been trying to perfect seemingly forever. Man I love bulgogi.

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Just one question, though. Is there a way to take off my pants?
Has anyone bought the Costco heat tech long sleeve shirts? I need more for biking now that it's cold out, and they're 7 a pop. Does Leonard say it's a buy?

jerry seinfel
Jun 25, 2007

Costco has puma sweatpants and shorts, at least online, and boys they are good as hell.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Flaggy posted:

I bought their bulgogi and I agree with your statement. Please share your recipe, its one I have been trying to perfect seemingly forever. Man I love bulgogi.

I don't really have a recipe. I just buy shaved beef. Chop an onion. Then I use whichever of the bottled sauces I desire. I do like the Bibigo Korean BBQ sauce best I think. There is a spicy version too if you want that. I like it but my daughter doesn't like the spicy kind.

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

Just had the Costco rep'd carpet guy come out to measure and pick out the carpet and such.

My 22' x 34' basement with the stairs in the middle (donut style), with the best pad, some 9lb 1/2" stuff, and a nice open loop pile, with existing carpet ripup and take away and everything involved is $3300. They're still allowing the 15% back from the October deal, so that brought it down to 2850 or so, which was the high end of my estimate (2500ish), but it looked like quality stuff, so I signed for it.

Just in case others were thinking about the costco carpet scheme.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

Got a lot of guns and don't want your babies to kill themselves/heroin addicts to steal 'em? Costco provides: https://www.costco.com/.product.100341405.html?&EMID=B2C_2018_1029_4DayOffers

Bullshit. You can't fit 72 guns in there. And for $800? No way.

Although I do want one but the gently caress if I'd be able to get that in my basement.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata
I got a hot dog today but found out too late that the onion dispenser was MIA. :negative: eating dejectedly in my car, hot dog turning to ash in my mouth

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?
SHAREHOLDERS

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Bummey posted:

I got a hot dog today but found out too late that the onion dispenser was MIA. :negative: eating dejectedly in my car, hot dog turning to ash in my mouth

I found out the no-dispenser Costco I go to sometimes, you can ask for onions at the kiosk and they'll give it to you in a little plastic cup.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

do they sell the onionizer

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!

Renegret posted:

Almost bought those bulgolgi dumplings too but I decided I impulse bought enough for one day.

I just want to vouch for those FO pucks. They’re legitimately the best FO I’ve had outside of an actual restaurant in France.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
What are the pucks?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Renegret posted:

I just want to point out, the french onion soup is the same they sell at Trader Joes. So if your Costco doesnt have it, TJ has it in a 2-pack. It's not as good as a value, I think it ends up being $5 for 2 vs $8 for 4 at costco, but it's still well worth it at $2.5

I will third it's really loving good. you can kick it up a notch if you grate some more gruyere, and slice some more fresh tasty sourdough to and make a bread-cheese raft that you throw on with the last ~5-10 minutes of cooking. and then constantly dip more bread in to soak it up. so loving good and best sick or cold winter night food

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

hope and vaseline posted:

I found out the no-dispenser Costco I go to sometimes, you can ask for onions at the kiosk and they'll give it to you in a little plastic cup.

My local Costco put out a bin of onions and a little scoop for it near the register when the onion dispenser was MIA for some reason. I preferred that method; the dispenser is a bit too scary looking for me.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

If you’re not grinding a concerning amount of raw onion onto your suspiciously cheap hotdog, I don’t know what you’re doing with your life.

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

The pencil sharpener dispenser is the only way to acquire onion. You must request kraut, but the onion dispenser is our right as Costcoian citizens. It says so in the Member Agreement.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

the onionizer seems like a brute machine only capable of drowning your dog but if you're really delicate you can get the perfect line of onions right down the middle

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?
What’s the diameter on the soup pucks, out of curiosity?

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

The pencil sharpener dispenser is the only way to acquire onion. You must request kraut, but the onion dispenser is our right as Costcoian citizens. It says so in the Member Agreement.

I remember back in the day when there was a kraut machine too

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

I remember back in the day when there was a kraut machine too

Can't imagine what it must feel like to be such a Costco OG.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Xaris posted:

I just want to point out, the french onion soup is the same they sell at Trader Joes. So if your Costco doesnt have it, TJ has it in a 2-pack. It's not as good as a value, I think it ends up being $5 for 2 vs $8 for 4 at costco, but it's still well worth it at $2.5

I will third it's really loving good. you can kick it up a notch if you grate some more gruyere, and slice some more fresh tasty sourdough to and make a bread-cheese raft that you throw on with the last ~5-10 minutes of cooking. and then constantly dip more bread in to soak it up. so loving good and best sick or cold winter night food

I did the poor man's version of that and used whole wheat on the bottom and fresh mozz on top. It was super duper good.

Weirdly enough I don't have any Trader Joes near me so Costco is both closer and cheaper.

Lazyhound posted:

Not terribly big since they're taller than they are wide. I'm ballparking here but maybe 2-3 inches or so

Renegret fucked around with this message at 12:22 on Oct 31, 2018

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Fallom posted:

the onionizer seems like a brute machine only capable of drowning your dog but if you're really delicate you can get the perfect line of onions right down the middle

The "perfect line" of onion IS drowning the dog in them. With a little Deli Mustard and a thing of Kraut. Though my lunch dog yesterday the onions seemed to be slightly "off". They had that taste that onions get sometimes like they sat around for a while.

If I feel like something sweet I might add Ketchup and relish but usually not.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

Fallom posted:

how dare you

I fill the bun and let it flow over onto the foil wrapper. I double the weight with onion cubes. One of the receipt checkers is going to stop me some day, thinking I'm smuggling out a stolen pineapple.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Lazyhound posted:

You can use a lathe to achieve the dimensions you require, and any shavings simply melt and can be wiped away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Ultimate Mango posted:

You can use a lathe to achieve the dimensions you require, and any shavings simply melt and can be wiped away.

Ya thats what I do