Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

funkybottoms posted:

six years ago a case of GBS would have been a huge deal- i (mostly) remember getting pretty housed with a couple of goons on it and a bunch of weird variants/randalls that year, but for some odd reason haven't enjoyed it as much since... that said, the coffee variants are good and definitely worthy of inclusion (they're releasing different versions every Saturday from November 3 to December 15; it's somewhere on facebook iirc). i take it you're staying in town?

Oh yeah I'm an RVA goon, every time I go on vacation I'm reminded that I'm criminally spoiled re: good beer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Who will win the greatest battle of them all?

quote:

Like other diehards, Borza travels to festivals for the thrill of enjoying new and rare beers before anyone else. His all-time favorite hard-to-find beers are the 2016 Marshmallow Handjee and the 2011 Pappy Dark Lord.

"I love to look for the 'whales' (of craft beer)," Borza said. "I'm always thinking: What's out there? Am I able to get it first?"

https://www.richmond.com/food-drink/beer/virginia----the-perfect-state-for-a-beercation/article_f95592a5-0220-5c26-9ddc-49bf751d16a0.html

americanzero4128
Jul 20, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Beercation is one of the dumbest words. You are going on a vacation to visit breweries. Maybe you're going on vacation to relax, read some books, visit friends, and drink beer. Nobody says they're going on a beachcation, or a skication, or a friendcation, or an anything-cation, I don't get how beercation is a word. Dumb. It is dumb.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Get with the times grandpa, languages evolve.

americanzero4128
Jul 20, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Doesn't mean it's not a dumb word. The kind of person to use beercation seriously in a sentence is the stereotypical beer nerd and wears a fedora as a fashion statement.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Is anyone else from the thread gonna be in Bend this weekend for the Ale Apothecary party? I know air-, Snack Bitch, and super hassler will be there.

Can't wait to get this beercation started!

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

americanzero4128 posted:

Beercation is one of the dumbest words. You are going on a vacation to visit breweries. Maybe you're going on vacation to relax, read some books, visit friends, and drink beer. Nobody says they're going on a beachcation, or a skication, or a friendcation, or an anything-cation, I don't get how beercation is a word. Dumb. It is dumb.

I have absolutely heard skication and I'm sure I've heard some variant for the beach too, though it escapes me at present.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
My VACATION starts tomorrow. It will include at least The Referend, Treehouse, Hill Farmstead, The Alchemist, Oxbow, Allagash, and Bissel Brothers.
E: Also all the seafood.

ChiTownEddie fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Oct 31, 2018

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

americanzero4128 posted:

Doesn't mean it's not a dumb word. The kind of person to use beercation seriously in a sentence is the stereotypical beer nerd and wears a fedora as a fashion statement.

i bet his ipa has the wrong kind of ram too

americanzero4128
Jul 20, 2009
Grimey Drawer
It ranks up there with people/companies who put -gate after anything (Deflategate, and a ton of other hokey phrases I can't remember right now). The original, Watergate, made sense because that was the name of the office complex and encompassed all the shady poo poo the Nixon administration did. Adding -cation after something is just as dumb.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
I'm taking a staycation tomorrow, and I'll be drinking beer.

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

americanzero4128 posted:

It ranks up there with people/companies who put -gate after anything (Deflategate, and a ton of other hokey phrases I can't remember right now). The original, Watergate, made sense because that was the name of the office complex and encompassed all the shady poo poo the Nixon administration did. Adding -cation after something is just as dumb.

beerghazi

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Quorum posted:

beerghazi

I loved "waiting room"

Shabadu
Jul 18, 2003

rain dance

ChiTownEddie posted:

My VACATION starts tomorrow. It will include at least The Referend, Treehouse, Hill Farmstead, The Alchemist, Oxbow, Allagash, and Bissel Brothers.
E: Also all the seafood.

New Lawson's Taproom just opened in Waitsfield too...

If you get out to Burlington, go to FOAM

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
I'm celebrating Beer-a-ween tonight. Getting drunk and giving kids candy is the best. The drunker I get the more candy I give, so congrats to the kid who catches me on my 5th beer of the night(hour) :beerpal:

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
get extra beer and give it to parents

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot

americanzero4128 posted:

Whoa there sonny, use some beercaution when coming out swinging with beereotypes like that. Not all beerotypical nerds enjoy fedoras.

atothesquiz
Aug 31, 2004

Biomute posted:

Whoa there sonny, use some beercaution when coming out swinging with beereotypes like that. Not all beerotypical nerds enjoy fedoras.

*Beereotypical.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Spanish Manlove posted:

get extra beer and give it to parents

they can give me beer >:^(! I'll trade 4 mini twix.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Biomute posted:

:goonyes:

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man

americanzero4128 posted:

i've been inside the Watergate and holy crap is it an amazing building- i feel bad that it's so closely associated with such lovely human beings. anyway.

Quorum posted:

beerghazi

Spanish Manlove posted:

I loved "waiting room"

lol

gonna drink beer with my friend while he gives out candy and then watch an amazing neighborhood parade that has all kinds of bands and badass giant puppets and poo poo (Quorum, if you haven't done Halloween in Oregon Hill, you've got like two hours to fix that)

Zam
Oct 27, 2006

Been too long since the last BiF. Signed up and can't wait to send a combination of cellar beer and new releases.

RembrandtQEinstein
Jul 1, 2009

A GOD, A MESSIAH, AN ARCHANGEL, A KING, A PRINCE, AND AN ALL TERRAIN VEHICLE.

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

I'm celebrating Beer-a-ween tonight. Getting drunk and giving kids candy is the best. The drunker I get the more candy I give, so congrats to the kid who catches me on my 5th beer of the night(hour) :beerpal:

Me back when I lived on a not busy street. That's a good night right there!

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

Shabadu posted:

New Lawson's Taproom just opened in Waitsfield too...

If you get out to Burlington, go to FOAM

Cool! Thanks for the rec's. We don't really have much planned beyond where we stay each night so I might be able to work them in! :)

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Gonna sign up when I get home. Someone is gonna get a super disappointing box. HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAH

HamAdams
Jun 29, 2018

yospos
I'd be down with a BiF as long as nobody cares about getting local turds. I'm about 4+ hours from any hype beers and 1+ from any beers that are >4 on untappd.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Thank you Goons!!!

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
My goondolences to everyone who has to hear about beercations

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Sir Lemming posted:

My goondolences to everyone who has to hear about beercations

Whenever I go to Cigar City I overhear at least three different groups who are on vacation from some hellfrozen maw of the wolf state who came down just to go to tampa breweries. Guess we're used to it here.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

RembrandtQEinstein posted:

Me back when I lived on a not busy street. That's a good night right there!

It was a particularly slow night for candy :smith: I don't think people associate the area for primo candy. Their loss! The few that showed up got hands full of candy and I drank hands full of good and cheap beer. I also ate pizza.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

It was a particularly slow night for candy :smith: I don't think people associate the area for primo candy. Their loss! The few that showed up got hands full of candy and I drank hands full of good and cheap beer. I also ate pizza.

Send candy with the beer.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Hope people like melted chocolate

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Hope people like melted chocolate

So you're sending pastry stouts?

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
:coal:

Snack Bitch
May 15, 2008

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
Stopped at Ninkasi to get my beercation started. Yours Truly, Easy Drinking Ale - it's good. What will be next? Hopefully Baerilic.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi
Hey, did Chicagoons ever get with Daunte Vicknabb about a meetup? My availability Saturday night after kids go to bed might be a little more open.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Traveling in Iceland right now and Viking, the local brewery that appears to specialize in Vienna lagers, has a goddamn Milkshake IPA and I’m going to scream so loud Jean hears me across the loving Atlantic.

Compusaurus
May 29, 2003
OK, I WILL, IN A MINUTE...

danbanana posted:

Hey, did Chicagoons ever get with Daunte Vicknabb about a meetup? My availability Saturday night after kids go to bed might be a little more open.

I have a dinner res at 6 to carbo load for my 5k on Sunday (gently caress you, I am eating a ton of pasta to run 3 miles) but could probably meet up later. Otherwise I need to run to the Mousetrap sometime during the day to pick up some Cygnet (which btw is very good).

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

Compusaurus posted:

I have a dinner res at 6 to carbo load for my 5k on Sunday (gently caress you, I am eating a ton of pasta to run 3 miles) but could probably meet up later. Otherwise I need to run to the Mousetrap sometime during the day to pick up some Cygnet (which btw is very good).

Mousetrap is a good idea since I too would like to pick up some lil mini baby bottles. Later-ish (gently caress you, 830p is late for me) is better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Paul ReiserFS posted:

Traveling in Iceland right now and Viking, the local brewery that appears to specialize in Vienna lagers, has a goddamn Milkshake IPA and I’m going to scream so loud Jean hears me across the loving Atlantic.

You coulda came to California and got a Orange Vanilla Milkshake DIPA
https://twitter.com/belchingbeaver/status/1053030143629778944

WHATA WASTED BEERCATION YOU TOOK

ShortyMR.CAT fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Nov 2, 2018