Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

good dog

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

soon enough :3:

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Bloody posted:

good dog

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

PokeJoe posted:

I like rain camping, the woods are real peaceful with a light drizzle going on and no one else is ever around.

fyi

https://mynoise.net/NoiseMachines/campingRainNoiseGenerator.php

Coffee Jones
Jul 4, 2004

16 bit? Back when we was kids we only got a single bit on Christmas, as a treat
And we had to share it!
leaving tech behind in small ways

instead of going home and three hours of vidya, I did an after-work walk, watching the sun set, podcasts audiobooks. Seattle is a nice town for walking.
You don’t need motivation to walk across a bridge: when you’re on, and you’re feeling too tired to continue, there’s nothing else you can do but go on ahead.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Coffee Jones posted:

instead of going home and three hours of vidya, I did an after-work walk, watching the sun set, podcasts audiobooks. Seattle is a nice town for walking.
You don’t need motivation to walk across a bridge: when you’re on, and you’re feeling too tired to continue, there’s nothing else you can do but go on ahead.

goons across america v2 starting off about like the first attempt.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Coffee Jones posted:

the japanese garden is a nice place

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

i miss living near there so much

President Beep posted:

goons across america v2 starting off about like the first attempt.
lol

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I did a long walk to the arboretum and back downtown a few weeks ago and it was great.

Janitor Prime
Jan 22, 2004

PC LOAD LETTER

What da fuck does that mean

Fun Shoe

Coffee Jones posted:

I think my inner thighs would die if I walked more than a mile :(
and I can't bike because of my rear end surgery :qq:

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

just get a hoverround. you can take them to the grand canyon and no one cane even say anything.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Janitor Prime posted:

start with walking a mile. get to where a mile is comfortable. then bump it up.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

BUMPING THE THREAD

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
hell, same

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

I rode my bike today and it was nice

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

i spent saturday night in a hammock at 9000 feet listening to coyotes howl and elk bugle. it was nice.

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Pham Nuwen posted:

i spent saturday night in a hammock at 9000 feet listening to coyotes howl and elk bugle. it was nice.

hnnnngh

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

I need to get back into the desert before it becomes freezingly cold at night

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Pham Nuwen posted:

dang. very good.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
can i get an elk bugle

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEPKdbZu3K8

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

:stare:

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

honked again

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

please don't dox my sex noises

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

I get a tent in the mail today

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

new apetor film

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAugnUWygf0

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
i love apetor

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i hate phantom apetor

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

I went up a mountain today

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

I'm taking this Friday off to wander around a trail and look at trees or some poo poo

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Janitor Prime posted:

have you looked at couch to 5k? walking places is a lot easier when you run all the time, and when you run all the time life in general is a lot better :^)

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

have you looked at couch to 5k? walking places is a lot easier when you run all the time, and when you run all the time life in general is a lot better :^)

‘struth

Janitor Prime
Jan 22, 2004

PC LOAD LETTER

What da fuck does that mean

Fun Shoe

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

I hate the feeling of sweat on my body :sad:

TimWinter
Mar 30, 2015

https://timsthebomb.com

If Tim Winter was not Tim Winter, he would be this guy.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
running destroys your knees especially if you're overweight, you will absolutely regret it by time you're 40, please don't run, walking and especially hiking long distances is good tho

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Bhodi posted:

running destroys your knees especially if you're overweight, you will absolutely regret it by time you're 40, please don't run, walking and especially hiking long distances is good tho

lmao yeah, which of the pos regulars would brag regularly about running 3-4 miles per day on weekdays plus 17 flights of stairs at work, and then running a half-marathon every saturday, right up until the day his doctor told him his knees were dust

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone
does running on crushed gravel make a difference?

i was getting pretty good at running on a treadmill for a while but running on concrete sucks a lot

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

sprinting is ok i hear b/c you can’t do it for very long at a time. jogging is the worst of both worlds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

got my tents out today and assembled them to make sure everything was OK and the parts were all there

ready for fall & winter camping

im eager to live a few weeks in the woods :getin: