Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

HookShot posted:

Nothing is ever going to top the guy who in like his second day mentioned seeing a priest while visiting the Vatican.

I figure the guy who talked about My Little Pony would be the gold standard is awkwardness

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Island Nation posted:

I figure the guy who talked about My Little Pony would be the gold standard is awkwardness

I kind of feel that people who have hobbies ok whatever they can be super weird, but at least they're a hobby.

The worst for me are people whose first or second stories are just ordinary things are the worst, because you know that's one of the most interesting things that have happened in that person's life.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

HookShot posted:

Nothing is ever going to top the guy who in like his second day mentioned seeing a priest while visiting the Vatican.

lmao I missed that one

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

HookShot posted:

I kind of feel that people who have hobbies ok whatever they can be super weird, but at least they're a hobby.

The worst for me are people whose first or second stories are just ordinary things are the worst, because you know that's one of the most interesting things that have happened in that person's life.
You never know, my stories are all either like "I like cats and knitting :downs:" or "I watched someone's orifices be sewn shut at a fetish party" without a lot of middle ground. I would probably go with the former on Jeopardy...probably

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

PSXer posted:

I'm pretty sure that video they showed wasn't actually a solar flare, but a coronal mass ejection :goonsay:

I was also thinking about that and prominences but settled on the one most likely to be widely known in time.

Albino Squirrel
Apr 25, 2003

Miosis more like meiosis

Anne Whateley posted:

You never know, my stories are all either like "I like cats and knitting :downs:" or "I watched someone's orifices be sewn shut at a fetish party" without a lot of middle ground. I would probably go with the former on Jeopardy...probably
The first time I met my mother-in-law, I told her the story about how I'd pulled a light-up dildo from a guy's rectum the previous week.

I figure my stories like that are, like, second-week-champion material.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost

HookShot posted:

I don't remember how many games it took, but Alex had to resort to asking Ken Jennings what he had for breakfast after a while.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Soothing Vapors posted:

lmao I missed that one

FOUND IT! https://twitter.com/CoolJepStories/status/1040376449918746625

It's funny because I rarely actually watch the contestant stories since I DVR the show, but I think something like husband and I were both getting more dinner or something and we ended up watching this one by accident and we were both like "wtf that's the most boring story ever even by Jeopardy interview standards"

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.

Albino Squirrel posted:

The first time I met my mother-in-law, I told her the story about how I'd pulled a light-up dildo from a guy's rectum the previous week.

I figure my stories like that are, like, second-week-champion material.
Are you an ER nurse or did the guy just say his safeword?

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

This will forever be my favorite:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55md65bkHUE&t=55s

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

She beats the guy that was filming the same week I did who does the same thing but had only been to 40!

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

HookShot posted:

FOUND IT! https://twitter.com/CoolJepStories/status/1040376449918746625

It's funny because I rarely actually watch the contestant stories since I DVR the show, but I think something like husband and I were both getting more dinner or something and we ended up watching this one by accident and we were both like "wtf that's the most boring story ever even by Jeopardy interview standards"

Of course it was Real-Life Cyril Figgis

I think I blocked him from my memory

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I love that the current champ made a big bet in the crazy runaway. Too bad we have to wait two weeks due to TEENS

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Anne Whateley posted:

On your first day on Jeopardy start with the cats and the knitting story, on your second day take that hard right turn and tell the fetish party story.

I love the Jeop contestant interviews because Alex is either genuinely interested and impressed or he looks like a grandpa who has been cornered by a 5 year old talking about his favorite cartoon.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Best story I have is when I across Wyoming I found a chest X-ray flapping in the wind at a rest stop

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

1glitch0 posted:

On your first day on Jeopardy start with the cats and the knitting story, on your second day take that hard right turn and tell the fetish party story.

I love the Jeop contestant interviews because Alex is either genuinely interested and impressed or he looks like a grandpa who has been cornered by a 5 year old talking about his favorite cartoon.

Alex actually has a choice of which of the three prompts written on your contestant card he wants to ask you about. You go over the three with a Contestant Coordinator in the Green Room and can state your preference for first choice, but it's ultimately Alex's choice.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

This girls voice is like jamming nails into my ears.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

On the one hand I don't want to pick on a kid, on the other hand what the gently caress

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.
She looks and sounds like she's 8 years old. She must get made fun of in school so much. :(

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

banned from Starbucks posted:

This girls voice is like jamming nails into my ears.

:same: poor girl

Edit:. I feel bad that I hope she looses :(

Iron Crowned fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Nov 8, 2018

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

I just assumed the voice was an irritating affect based on never hearing another human being who sounds like that, but I respect your empathy

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
You're all a bunch of jerks. I was rooting for her and very excited for her comeback!

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Albino Squirrel
Apr 25, 2003

Miosis more like meiosis
What is considered a 'pass' on the screening tests? 40/50?

Vulture Culture posted:

Are you an ER nurse or did the guy just say his safeword?
Doctor, and now I get to explain to everyone exactly WHY you should always have a flared base on your buttplugs.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
I thought her voice was super cute and endearing and I hope she gets through as a wildcard.

But I can also see how some people might find it a bit grating.

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

Me every time she spoke:

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Thanks for a MONSTER of an avatar, Awful Survivor Mods!

Albino Squirrel posted:

What is considered a 'pass' on the screening tests? 40/50?

Nobody that knows For Sure has publicly said, but pretty much everybody thinks it's 35/50, at least for the online one. The live one, who knows, they're evaluating your whole package at that point

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

I feel bad because she'll prob get a bunch of those "so were you abused as a kid?" Type questions from creepos when she's older

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011
I hate the teen and kids tournaments. The level of difficulty of the questions just isn't as interesting

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
Emma has a future as the next Lisa Simpson.

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011
Nice almost comeback, being down -7600 sucks tho, felt bad for the kid today

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
I like the teen tournament because it makes a dope like me feel like a genius.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
The girl in first position is high as heck and the girl in third is on speed and I love both of them equally

Poque fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Oct 17, 2022

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer
Well, I’m dumb and didn’t think about until today that surely there must be a jeopardy these on SA.

So my wife did her performance on jeopardy today. All I have to say is holy hell is it both extremely fun, and extremely intense. We went in knowing it was going to probably be an all day experience, and you still aren’t prepared for both how mentally exhausting it can be (and I wasn’t the contestant).

The euphoria from the game afterwards (win or lose) is super intense. It took me all night and a bunch of booze to really calm down.

My biggest shock is how drat small the clues are to read on the real screen. Also, the others saying that it’s hard to track score are totally right, the game just moves faster in real life than on TV.

So of course I can’t say how she did, but in my opinion you’ll be entertained. Air date is January 3rd.

Big thanks and shout out to Hookshot, we appreciate your advice!

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Poque posted:

The girl in first position is high as gently caress and the girl in third is on speed and I love both of them equally

I was rooting for position one just because of how high she was

Drone Jett
Feb 21, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
College Slice
https://twitter.com/serenaegolden/status/1063114090598555648?s=21

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Hahaha just opened the thread to post it.

Guess the J! Street Boyz haven't cornered the market on being super intense about Jeopardy

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
This is probably that contestant that made a Lego of him

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
Why didn't they start the tournament on Monday?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Mister Kingdom posted:

Why didn't they start the tournament on Monday?

Probably Thanksgiving and not wanting a tournament to be preempted by FOOTBAWW!? Makes the most sense to me.