Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Flavahbeast posted:

Yeena is probably the most consistently good natured NPC and she tells you not to trust Sin. Also Zana is by her own admission being changed (s h a p e d ? ? ?) by frequent Map exposure and Nessa is probably the new Brine Queen in Tsoatha or something

No she doesn't. She says she's scared of Sin, but the Spirit trusts Sin so she will trust him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
We all know Dialla is the best npc.

followed shortly by HAHA YOU STUPID BEAST!

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

theshim posted:

I really, really hope they do add the voicework, and I have since 3.0 dropped. I know it's not actually affecting the game in any mechanical way, but I'd really like to hear the Marauder's reaction to "yeah let's go get Kitava up in here", or the Templar's to Sin being a chill bro, or the Witch's to everything.

I'm do and I don't -- scared they'll have to recast the Witch since it's been so goddamn long, which would be a tragedy

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Keru posted:

We all know Dialla is the best npc.

followed shortly by HAHA YOU STUPID BEAST!

You almost had it right

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
I've said it before but it's a little bit hosed up that the Templar goes "DEATH TO SIN" after you become like, professional friends with Sin.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
They've been pretty on point with the 'guest' NPCs in the past three leagues. Einhar, Alva, and Niko have all been really great. Alva not being a good NPC has nothing to do with the quality of the VA, mind you. I don't think a recast would be all that bad as long as it's not a radically different accent.

Bring back old Zana.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
I hope the next league is a murder mystery and you have to figure out if it was Niko, Einhar, or Alva who killed Bestal.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Vasudus posted:

Bring back old Zana.

And Ranger while we're at it.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I have to give props to Grigor's VA, who makes it sound like he's actually missing half his face.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

McFrugal posted:

No she doesn't. She says she's scared of Sin, but the Spirit trusts Sin so she will trust him.

She says she trusts him at the start of act 7, but after you kill the chapter boss she says you should question Sin's motives

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

Alva needed more than two loving lines of dialogue when you went into the temple for the hundredth time.

loving smells like treasure, ugh

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Best Incursion NPC was the always-just-off-screen Justin Time

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
I think Dialla might be my favorite writing and voice actress in all of POE, and it's a shame the actress got out the industry :/

e: ok so it turns out after 5 years of inactivity she started acting in a TV show last year. also she does Dialla AND Yeena AND Clarissa

ee: neat, the witch played a couple of minor recurring characters in Xena: Warrior Princess

Jinnigan fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Nov 7, 2018

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
I can't get hard unless Navali is spam telling me over and over what I need, to do X.

yegods
Apr 6, 2007

Cerebus can destroy ANYTHING. Cerebus is the POPE.
After leveling my 4th and best character in this league, I'm pretty much done. The RF jugg is great and fun, but improving him would be an exercise in futility and supreme grinding for cash. I always saw that the economy got cheaper as the league goes on, but in this one everything is getting more expensive, by a lot. Jewels that I bought for 20-40c a couple weeks ago, are now running 2-3ex. Is it just the Delve mechanics making the economy go whack, or did I manage to get lucky in the Incursion league (the only other one I've played).

I'll probably login just to keep my guild spot, but other than that, it's been fun, and see you next league :)

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

The quickest substitution in the history of the NBA

yegods posted:

After leveling my 4th and best character in this league, I'm pretty much done. The RF jugg is great and fun, but improving him would be an exercise in futility and supreme grinding for cash. I always saw that the economy got cheaper as the league goes on, but in this one everything is getting more expensive, by a lot. Jewels that I bought for 20-40c a couple weeks ago, are now running 2-3ex. Is it just the Delve mechanics making the economy go whack, or did I manage to get lucky in the Incursion league (the only other one I've played).

I'll probably login just to keep my guild spot, but other than that, it's been fun, and see you next league :)

There's downward pressure on prices as more and more items are added to the economy, but there's upward pressure as more and more currency is also added. Crafting and Zana mods are the main currency sinks to reduce that upward pressure, but fossil crafting probably replaced a big part of the currency sinks this league.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Prices also get closer to standard as the league draws to a close. Sometimes, depends on what we're talking about. Meta builds like life-based RF is one of them.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Vasudus posted:

They've been pretty on point with the 'guest' NPCs in the past three leagues. Einhar, Alva, and Niko have all been really great. Alva not being a good NPC has nothing to do with the quality of the VA, mind you. I don't think a recast would be all that bad as long as it's not a radically different accent.

Bring back old Zana.

And old Scion.

Jinnigan posted:

I think Dialla might be my favorite writing and voice actress in all of POE, and it's a shame the actress got out the industry :/

e: ok so it turns out after 5 years of inactivity she started acting in a TV show last year. also she does Dialla AND Yeena AND Clarissa

ee: neat, the witch played a couple of minor recurring characters in Xena: Warrior Princess

Izaro is voiced by the guy who played Iolas on Hercules/Xena and he is the best.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0403628/

Bugsy fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Nov 7, 2018

J
Jun 10, 2001

yegods posted:

Jewels tend to get more expensive over the course of a league because they are generally the last slot that people buy upgrades for in their builds. This effect is more pronounced for builds that are expensive to begin with, as these are the builds that people do later in league once they have currency to throw around. Low life RF is one of those builds, so you can generally count on RF jewels rising in price.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Patch notes and league description not existing yet, can someone recommend a build whose entire goal is to beat up shaper? I still haven't managed it, and I'm really bad at dodging.

Ideally it shouldn't be expensive to beat shaper, I don't care about anything higher than that, but I really want shaper to be as easy as can be, because I goddamn suck at this game.

Thoughts? Rf jugg, which I thought would fit the bill, seems to be a little light on damage without lots of expensive gear.

Alternatively, with 7.5k life why can't I beat shaper, I just get splatted by some radiating globes of death and need to be close to him for rf.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Zephro posted:

For this reason I actually think the new Oriath login screen is a mistake. The old one of the ship in the rain sailing towards Wraeclast sets up the story in the first two acts really well. Also the character select screen in the ship's hold. It all lets you know that you've been Very Naughty™ and you're being transported to New Zealand Wraeclast as punishment.
Yeah I really miss that one. It felt a lot more dynamic with the ship lurching in the storm about to wreak it.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

silvergoose posted:

Patch notes and league description not existing yet, can someone recommend a build whose entire goal is to beat up shaper? I still haven't managed it, and I'm really bad at dodging.

Ideally it shouldn't be expensive to beat shaper, I don't care about anything higher than that, but I really want shaper to be as easy as can be, because I goddamn suck at this game.

Thoughts? Rf jugg, which I thought would fit the bill, seems to be a little light on damage without lots of expensive gear.

Alternatively, with 7.5k life why can't I beat shaper, I just get splatted by some radiating globes of death and need to be close to him for rf.

RF jugg. The damage is more than good enough for shaper with basic gear. It's uber elder that requires min/maxing.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

arc traps has been my easiest shaper i think. even easier than my ele hit scion this league.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

they hired the pob guy https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2246498

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Shaper just requires you to get familiar with the mechanics. Since RF requires you to be near, but not standing still, you can just as easily run around in circles avoiding his attacks. The frostbolts start off super slow, you should have enough reaction time to move before they hit you even if you're close. The mega beam you just stand to the side for, and slams you run away from. When you see the unstable vortexes (the little orb shits that spawn a pool of degen when you pop them) either preemptively go pop them on the corners of the map, or round up a handful and pop them all at once on the edges. For bullet hell, you just stand there in the zana bubble BUT DON'T MOVE OUT UNTIL THE BALLS DESPAWN.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
E:f,b

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

^owned

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Shaper usually isn’t polite enough to let you sit still while bullet hell bullets despawn, he usually tries to hit you with a slam or a beam. So move your rear end, but not blindly, move but don’t get hit by any trailing projectiles.

Grimoire
Jul 9, 2003
GGG hired the developer of PoB. Does this mean we can get real tool tips? Or even *gasp* combat logging?

No serious, I would kill for combat logging

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

So...what I'm asking for doesn't exist, then. I am so, so bad at dodging. Maybe the problem is that I'm not waiting for the bullets to fully despawn, maybe...

Sigh. I guess I'll try a few more times this league.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Short term we'll probably get a few mechanics sorted out in PoB that aren't 100% confirmed to work. Long term who knows, he's a "game programmer" which tells us...nothing?

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

The quickest substitution in the history of the NBA

Grimoire posted:

GGG hired the developer of PoB. Does this mean we can get real tool tips? Or even *gasp* combat logging?

Integrate PoB into the game so I can store a build in the client and just pull it up like other menus.

And yeah, having any idea at all what killed me would be really helpful.

silvergoose posted:

So...what I'm asking for doesn't exist, then. I am so, so bad at dodging. Maybe the problem is that I'm not waiting for the bullets to fully despawn, maybe...

I don't know about you, but I find it a lot easier to dodge with builds where I'm actively doing things. I haven't played RF, but I know with Blade Vortex, the passivity of the build actually made things much harder for me. Stuff where I'm actively attacking keeps me more alert and in turn makes bosses seem easier.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Grimoire posted:

I want target dummies that give me my dps.

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.

silvergoose posted:

This is not cheap at all, but if you can justify 20 ex and want the easiest shaper kill of all time then you can build a poet's pen zerphi build and just stand in all of his attacks*

*When I do it, I just stand where zana's bubble will spawn and stay there for the duration of the fight, so I don't know if you can facetank the bullethell phase or not

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Hit a new personal milestone this league, getting all of my masters to level 8 except for Zana, who I will probably never get to level 8.

First character hit 90, second is about 89.6, but I'm going to be travelling for most of the rest of this league, so this is pretty much the end I think for this one.

yegods
Apr 6, 2007

Cerebus can destroy ANYTHING. Cerebus is the POPE.

J posted:

Jewels tend to get more expensive over the course of a league because they are generally the last slot that people buy upgrades for in their builds. This effect is more pronounced for builds that are expensive to begin with, as these are the builds that people do later in league once they have currency to throw around. Low life RF is one of those builds, so you can generally count on RF jewels rising in price.

Good point. I'll probably try the RF jugg again early in the next league, so I can actually do late game before burnout and prices set me off. I love the surviveability of the build, but it's a bit slow on bosses.

And for all my grousing... I did get four builds to late 80s early 90s this league, and enjoyed all of them.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

The Locator posted:

Hit a new personal milestone this league, getting all of my masters to level 8 except for Zana, who I will probably never get to level 8.

First character hit 90, second is about 89.6, but I'm going to be travelling for most of the rest of this league, so this is pretty much the end I think for this one.

Mine is to get Vorici to level 8 along with rest. Couple more lucky missions with him and everyone will be level 8

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

ever since they started giving zana rep for completing her quests she is way faster to get to lvl 8 than vorici for me

remember
Nov 23, 2006

silvergoose posted:

Assuming they don't nerf anything, you could try Molten Strike Jugg, but I assume RF Jugg has very similar defenses. I found Shaper to be pretty impossible until I watched engineering eternity's videos on the fight. The same with the Elder fights and Uber Atziri, so give those a watch unless you already have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!
A well-geared RF jugg can even stand in the degen Pools and not lose health.