Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Besesoth posted:

China's food industry is my go-to example for why libertarianism and the *~free market~* is a loving terrible idea. And you barely have to go back a hundred years to see the same things happening in the US.

I have a copy of this book that was my grandma's, and holy gently caress what a nightmare.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Volcott posted:

It's aged, you philistines.

It’s toasted.™

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.
That 70s Meat

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
“It’s from the ’70s so it’s supposed to be hairy, right?”

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
The head of New York's MTA quit today. This gives me an excuse to post this front page from 2013 when he was running for mayor.

https://twitter.com/ndhapple/status/1060916995997229056?s=19

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
Man I only just noticed the line at the very bottom. Was that referencing the sexting or was it just a fortunate coincidence?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

zakharov posted:

The head of New York's MTA quit today. This gives me an excuse to post this front page from 2013 when he was running for mayor.

https://twitter.com/ndhapple/status/1060916995997229056?s=19

The kitties, the?

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

jojoinnit posted:

Man I only just noticed the line at the very bottom. Was that referencing the sexting or was it just a fortunate coincidence?

The first round of sexting, yeah. He tried to run for mayor after he had to resign from Congress over sexting, but then the mayoral thing was derailed by even more and even worse sexting, with minors.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

loving sky Nazis trying to tell planes what they can do. No wonder so many are crashing into the ocean out of protest

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Sky Nazis are loving hypocrites

https://twitter.com/KTLA/status/1054842789681258496

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Why is that thing painted like a Fw 190?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

iirc from last rime it made the rounds, it's a prop plane

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011
So is this but it's still not painted like a 190.

E: Actually my bad, I think the prop looked like that on Bf 109s, still not sure why it's painted to resemble that though.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Krankenstyle posted:

iirc from last rime it made the rounds, it's a prop plane

Yeah, it was from a group that does mock dogfights for air shows that just happens to have the same name as the Nazi squadron that fought for fascist Spain during the Spanish Civil War.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

gotcha :cawg:

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

:arghfist:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://www.news-leader.com/story/news/crime/2018/11/09/man-asked-animals-eat-zookeeper-police-say/1943988002/

Here’s a police drawing of the suspect:

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Who decided to the run the article with the only ugly picture of cheetah cubs in existence

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Police commanded Binford to drop the objects, documents say, but Binford, like the cheetahs, did not obey commands.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

article posted:

The animals — identified by a zoo spokeswoman as cheetahs — ignored his commands, documents say.
:radcat: cats don't take orders from nobody.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Cheetahs are apparently like the dogs of cats, and have genetic bottlenecks as a result since so many were taken into captivity for centuries.

Also those cheetah cubs are still adorable.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

7-Eleven accused of weaponizing ICE raids to shed troublesome franchisees

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I mean

There's an obvious answer here

The dude's dad was named Goku, just like how Gohan was named Gohan after Grandpa Gohan

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Consider me severely unsurprised that a West Point grad CEO named Joe DePinto is a weirdo racist

Also the motherfucker looks like this apparently

Aesop Poprock has a new favorite as of 18:30 on Nov 11, 2018

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Good thing Wawa opened up a store right next to the nearest 7-Eleven so I don't even need to suffer to boycott them.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

chitoryu12 posted:

Good thing Wawa opened up a store right next to the nearest 7-Eleven so I don't even need to suffer to boycott them.

chit, who is the cutie pie in your av

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Funny headline, but it literally just means they’re hiring them instead of utilizing independent contractor agreements

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

I like this thread a lot more when you're regularly posting.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

Nottherealaborn posted:

Funny headline, but it literally just means they’re hiring them instead of utilizing independent contractor agreements

But that takes away the frustrating, whack-a-mole aspect of trying to pay your medical bills.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://www.afp.com/en/news/15/crazy-love-japanese-man-married-hologram-doc-1ar15l1

Living the goon dream.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Bring back the military junta.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

On god :aaa:
*starts hyperventilating*

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Dude looks happy as hell for someone who married a small cartoon woman he can’t touch who lives in a tube. I don’t think I could smile that hard if I tried

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Pissed Ape Sexist posted:

chit, who is the cutie pie in your av

That is Aunt Martha from Sleepaway Camp!