Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How would you rate The Promised Neverland?
Excellent
Good
Fine
Meh
Bad
Awful
View Results

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

https://jaiminisbox.com/reader/read/the-promised-neverland/en/0/107/page/1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Wait wasn’t Lucas missing a leg?

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
Just finished binging through this series and I love it, can only assume Adam is the one leaking all their details. Not intentionally, but maybe with a chip in his head or something.

Edit: Wait, no Andrew must have been part of Lucas's old crew, going by this recent chapter and the fact he knew how to weave through the shelter's blindspots. If that's the case and he isn't immediately murdered it'd be interesting to see how the kids take the idea of folding him into the family.

TheHan fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Oct 15, 2018

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

RatHat posted:

Wait wasn’t Lucas missing a leg?

Nah, he's been missing an arm but he only got hurt and was on crutches from the battle back during the Goldy Pond incident, so he's recovered by now.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
New chapter

https://jaiminisbox.com/reader/read/the-promised-neverland/en/0/108/page/1

Yuugo and Lucas sacrifice themselves and wipe out the Ratri Extermination Team.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

On one hand I kind of wanted to see Yuugo and Lucas make it all the way with the cattle children, but on the other, it's more than fitting for them to martyr themselves to save the next generation. It's all up to the kids now.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Neverland took a turn
https://jaiminisbox.com/reader/read/the-promised-neverland/en/0/109/page/1

But seriously though, nice sad chapter

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

So far im loving how action scenes are played out in this. They come as quick as they go

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Yeah frankly one of my least favorite parts of comics are fights that take literal months to finish (One Piece is a huge offender of this). Most action in this comic is quick and brutal.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
I actually much prefer the first few chapters. The idea of a bunch of kids having to outsmart an adult who, when push comes to shove, can just outright break your goddamn leg, when pushed into a physical confrontation. Was much more interesting.

Now every character is armed to the teeth and 2 guys managed to massacre an entire professional hitsquad.
The way they managed to escape also pales in comparison with the escape from Grace Field House.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

To be fair once the central conceit of the series was established, and the kids had an increasingly fast approaching deadline to get the hell out, there isnt really much more you can do to stretch out the battle of wits style the first arc had.

Whos to say Squiggles wont engage in some Kaiji style death games tho

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I'm sad now...

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I like the first arc of the cat and mouse game being played but honestly it would be silly to keep having situations like that occur. Once the kids broke out the only option for the demons was to kill them all. Grace House specifically valued raising them as commodities that could flourish in their fake environment so they were at least "safe" while still having an imminent threat.

I'm hoping there's more mind games but this comic having shifting tones is pretty interesting.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Radish posted:

I like the first arc of the cat and mouse game being played but honestly it would be silly to keep having situations like that occur. Once the kids broke out the only option for the demons was to kill them all. Grace House specifically valued raising them as commodities that could flourish in their fake environment so they were at least "safe" while still having an imminent threat.

I'm hoping there's more mind games but this comic having shifting tones is pretty interesting.

My favourite arc so far was actually Goldy Pond. I loved the shift to the 'Hunter becomes the Hunted' archetype, and kinda wish they'd flashed back and given us the full story of their build-up over the years and the formulation of their plans/hoarding of their gear, give them as much depth as the Grace Field House arc. But that'd probably drag and remove this manga's best strength, the way it very specifically does not drag anything out. It's real good.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
No one posted the new chapter https://jaiminisbox.com/reader/read/the-promised-neverland/en/0/110/page/1

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
The chapter isn't translated yet but raws are out and uh, holy gently caress.

The violence ratchets up extremely.

Fabricated fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Nov 10, 2018

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

https://jaiminisbox.com/reader/read/the-promised-neverland/en/0/111/

Its translated

SO
Who was the one who predicted that Humans are the real, actual evil fucks.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

It does feel kinda cheap how they off a bunch of no-named kids. Only for a shock factor.
Like I get it, this guy is bad news. But I feel nothing about the losses they are suffering right now. Did we even get names for the 2 kids who died when they were escaping? It's pointless and adds nothing because every one of these kids will be forgotten about in a chapter.
He already took down Yuugo and Lucas. That should have been enough.

Bitching aside, that was some amazingly hosed up imagery this chapter. Holy poo poo this guy is terrifying, even more so than any monster we've seen so far.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
He's certainly dedicated to his job.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Pretty sure it's personal at this point.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Mulderman posted:

It does feel kinda cheap how they off a bunch of no-named kids. Only for a shock factor.
Like I get it, this guy is bad news. But I feel nothing about the losses they are suffering right now. Did we even get names for the 2 kids who died when they were escaping? It's pointless and adds nothing because every one of these kids will be forgotten about in a chapter.
He already took down Yuugo and Lucas. That should have been enough.

Bitching aside, that was some amazingly hosed up imagery this chapter. Holy poo poo this guy is terrifying, even more so than any monster we've seen so far.
To be fair I think he got some of the Grace Field kids, and he literally loving bludgeoned their heads in with his gun. It's a little more affecting than just "ah, extras 2 and 3 got shot"

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I'm pretty sure none of the Grace Field kids have died

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rwUdL9qXjk

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Fabricated posted:

To be fair I think he got some of the Grace Field kids, and he literally loving bludgeoned their heads in with his gun. It's a little more affecting than just "ah, extras 2 and 3 got shot"
Even if it wasn't Gracefield kids, it was still impactful to me. Yeah, it's a little cheap to kill off nameless kids instead of core cast, but it doesn't annoy me because what's important isn't who is dying but the fact that they are dying and Emma is powerless to stop it. This is probably what will push her to kill a human, and he's a monster and he deserves it but to her all human life is precious and it is gonna really mess her up. I'm much more interested in how all of this will affect and change her than in who died.

I also am admittedly a big ol softie so I want a happy ending and even tho it's awful to see these kids killed, I am more willing to sacrifice them than I am to lose say Don or Gilda. Keep them safe. :ohdear:

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
https://twitter.com/yakuneba_staff/status/1063101821743443968?s=19

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

oof

that's quite a

...loss

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I mean the art in the manga is no great shakes either

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Looks fine to me.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
A much earlier release this week

https://jaiminisbox.com/reader/read/the-promised-neverland/en/0/112/page/1

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

It's interesting that the kids were readying themselves to kill this guy but then that demon killed him for them. I like that the demon appearing didn't feel like a deus ex machina either, since we know that being loud in the forest runs the risk of a demon hearing you.

Sarrisan
Oct 9, 2012
Its kinda refreshing to be reminded that yeah, in the midst of all of this "humans are the real monsters" stuff, demons are a thing.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Sarrisan posted:

Its kinda refreshing to be reminded that yeah, in the midst of all of this "humans are the real monsters" stuff, demons are a thing.

I would not say they are the real monsters. They are lesser monsters at most, as shown when that demon ate the guy. (A monster getting eaten by a real monster, few fates more fitting for that guy.)

Cause Humans are not the real monsters here, the demons are true monsters.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Humans/Ratris People are the metaphorical monsters.
Demons are the Literal Monsters.

You know,
It Might turn out that they need human meat/brains to actually attain sapience.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Rigged Death Trap posted:

You know,

Yeah looking at the demon after it ate the rear end in a top hat, I was suddenly expecting it to start talking.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Humans/Ratris People are the metaphorical monsters.
Demons are the Literal Monsters.

You know,

If they gain sapience, they at least don't need to keep it up, see Mujika and Sonju.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Feels a bit like a cop-out to have the kids claim they are ready to kill him, only for a demon to pop up out of nowhere. Also I'm getting kinda frustrated with Emma claiming she wants to save everyone, but the fact that a few of her friends just got offed and she doesn't bat an eye. It's Yuugo and Lucas who everyone is sad about, but we've lost a bunch of kids, yet no one seems to care about them. We didn't even get their names.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

MonsterEnvy posted:

Yeah looking at the demon after it ate the rear end in a top hat, I was suddenly expecting it to start talking.

Same here honestly.
I keep wondering if what happened with nous and nouma is a one-off thing or a central part of how demons function wrt eating things.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

https://readms.net/r/neverland/113/5500/1

Well

well

that was a turn of events certainly.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

This series is really making me want to give being a vegetarian another shot...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

witchcore ricepunk
Jul 6, 2003

The Golden Witch
Who Solved the Epitaph

A Probability of 1/2,578,917
Whoa, ok. That first image really makes me hope they cut to Norman. I’m dreading a potential “now he’s a bad guy!” reveal though.