Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 15 minutes!
Bread Liar
What the hell, she was looking straight ahead, too.

Zamboni Rodeo posted:

Does it have to be a brick-and-mortar store, or will a website do?

Oh my god, half metre tall green army men - sold!

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Sometimes you just really want to get into a car accident.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

I think she was actually looking up for reasons? either that or sunglasses are too dark

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Dave Grool posted:

First one I've seen where they fully cleared the bridge in one shot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuZiegGDN_k

This video of the truck speeding under the bridge reminded me of the Oasis of the Seas (the world's largest cruise ship) sailing under the Great Belt Fixed Link in Denmark.

A "squat" effect of the massive ship traveling fast through the shallow channel allowed it to pass under the bridge with just 2 feet of clearance.

quote:

The bridge has a clearance of 65 m (213 ft) above the water; Oasis normally has an air draft of 72 m (236 ft). The passage under the bridge was possible due to retraction of the telescoping funnels, and an additional 30 cm (12 in) was gained by the squat effect whereby vessels traveling at speed in a shallow channel will be drawn deeper into the water.[23] Approaching the bridge at 23 knots (43 km/h; 26 mph),[22] the ship passed under it with less than 60 centimetres (2 ft) of clearance.[21]

Hey... maybe the city can install telescoping funnels on the 11foot8 bridge?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYf8F9-jULo

Zero One has a new favorite as of 04:06 on Nov 10, 2018

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Former DILF posted:

Why can’t they just lower all the trucks roofs

Capitalism.

Handiklap
Aug 14, 2004

Mmmm no.

Zero One posted:

This video of the truck speeding under the bridge reminded me of the Oasis of the Seas (the world's largest cruise ship) sailing under the Great Belt Fixed Link in Denmark.

A "squat" effect of the massive ship traveling fast through the shallow channel allowed it to pass under the bridge with just 2 feet of clearance.

That's fascinating. I assume this is like the water version of the Bernouli principle? Or is it literally the Bernouli principle?

e: I guess it is literally the Bernouli principle

e2: Bernouli

sudonim
Oct 6, 2005

sudonim posted:

Mike Pence has to touch a Quran.

Schadenfruede on me, despite being an American for many decades, I braincramped on how the US works: Pence will not be swearing in members of the House of Representatives.

Allah willing, there will be a special Senate election won by a muslim inside the next year or so, resulting in Pence having to touch a Quran.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Sometimes, you're just gonna fuckin' hit something even if it kills you it, by God.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
https://twitter.com/ALostrich/status/1059632578976759808

https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2018/11/08/watch-man-with-no-pants-falls-through-ceiling-of-waffle-house/

quote:

TUSCUMBIA, Ala. (CBS Local) — A man fell through the ceiling of a Waffle House restaurant in Sunday in what police believe was a botched burglary.

Cellphone video shows a large bulge in the restaurant ceiling as the suspect, dressed in just his shirt and underwear, suddenly comes crashing down into the dining room while customers were inside.

Patrons tried to detain the suspect, but the man shoved customers out of the way as he exited the restaurant to an apparent getaway car driven by an accomplice. They later left the vehicle and fled on foot.

The Tuscumbia Police Department identified the man in the video as Wesley Glenn Bost, 27, of Birmingham, Alabama. Police Chief Tony Logan says investigators believe Bost was attempting to enter the restaurant’s office through the ceiling when he fell.

“We think his plan was to rob the place,” Logan told al.com. “We don’t think it was in his game plan to fall through the ceiling.”

Logan says surveillance video shows Bost went into the bathroom, locked himself in and tied his blue jeans to the door. He then climbed into the ceiling, leaving behind his driver’s license and other forms of ID in his pants.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

I was gonna guess PCP but botched robbery is good too

Raldikuk
Apr 7, 2006

I'm bad with money and I want that meatball!

Goddamn why do people suck so bad at filming poo poo. You point the camera at the crazy poo poo and never take it off. Why the gently caress does he film the floor right as dude falls through. Then he starts tilting down again to move over 2 inches. Argh

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Azathoth posted:

I was gonna guess PCP but botched robbery is good too

why not both?

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

Raldikuk posted:

Goddamn why do people suck so bad at filming poo poo. You point the camera at the crazy poo poo and never take it off. Why the gently caress does he film the floor right as dude falls through. Then he starts tilting down again to move over 2 inches. Argh

Because we’re old and our natural inclination is to look at things with our eyes directly, notbthrough a phone screen. Soon as you do that the phone starts wandering. I do it all the time if I’m trying to film something exciting, sorry but at least we’ll all be dead in thirty years or so.

incoherent light
Aug 15, 2014

This is waaaay different from other incidents at waffle house, in which the offender enters through the door and just starts fighting people

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

a very wet possum posted:

This is waaaay different from other incidents at waffle house, in which the offender enters through the door and just starts fighting people

Yes but they are employees and are paid to be there.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Remember that episode of The Next Generation where the Enterprise computer comes alive and gives birth to a new entity based on the combined experiences of all the knowledge that has been fed into it? I feel like that's what really happened here and the police are just covering it up.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

:siren: PLAYER 2 HAS ENTERED THE GAME :siren:

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOTAcvl-Xf4

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Knormal posted:

Remember that episode of The Next Generation where the Enterprise computer comes alive and gives birth to a new entity based on the combined experiences of all the knowledge that has been fed into it? I feel like that's what really happened here and the police are just covering it up.

So this is the Son of Waffle House, who sprung fully formed from the ceiling tile and was prophesied by the Oracle to lead our people to victory over the armies of the dreaded Village Inn? Fuckin finally

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

purple death ray posted:

So this is the Son of Waffle House, who sprung fully formed from the ceiling tile and was prophesied by the Oracle to lead our people to victory over the armies of the dreaded Village Inn? Fuckin finally

Oh, you think the Waffle House is your ally, you merely reserved a table. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn’t see the kid's menu until I was already a man; by then, it was nothing to me but mere entrees!

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Oh, you think the Waffle House is your ally, you merely reserved a table. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn’t see the kid's menu until I was already a man; by then, it was nothing to me but mere entrees!

It was tots vs. homefries that finally broke me.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

As an aside, U-haul's former biggest truck, the GMC Top-kick 26 ft. box truck is custom built to be as low as possible. Those things skirt the regulations as much as possible anyway, you can drive them on a regular car license (as long as you don't load them over recommended weight). A 26ft truck like that can carry well over the 9,500 or so pound "limit". It can tow more than 7,500 as well. Lol, that is the same tow-rating as many half-ton pickups. That is nearly eight meters of just box, at around 5,700 kg empty.

So yeah, capitalism. Works out for you if you need it though.

Too many people drive without any thought for momentum, double that for bigger vehicles. The schad is folks over-estimate their abilities piloting a totally rectangular vehicle and probably not buying total-loss insurance. Christ, practice in the Wal-mart parking lot or some poo poo. It ain't that difficult.

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

DiggityDoink posted:

snatch drugs are ok, it's buttdrugs you gotta worry about

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYYdF0zcuSI

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

A GIS for 'U-Haul fail' supplies an almost unending cavalcade of idiot fuckers

Mountaineer
Aug 29, 2008

Imagine a rod breaking on a robot face - forever

This is perfect. It's like an art installation.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://www.wftv.com/news/trending-now/former-trump-official-omarosa-newmans-ballot-thrown-out-in-florida-election/869921895

Omarosa’s ballot was thrown out due to late registration.

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.
https://i.imgur.com/8SVcc6H.mp4

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

For you, the day I fell out of the Waffld House ceiling and started fighting customers on my way to the getaway car was the most newsworthy day of your life. For me, it was Thursday.

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

I knew the funeral industry was having a hard time processing the bodies of fat people but drat.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
https://i.imgur.com/jb31OMr.mp4

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Is this how you get into Valhaula?

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

madeintaipei posted:

Many cars have the air intake in the front bumper. Think about how many times you've scraped the bumper through a dip, it's that low. This is solved in pick-ups by drawing air from the front fender. Still doesn't help if you splash water all over the computers, distribution boxes, and sensors in there.

People will gleefully destroy their engines over in Tampa when it rains long and hard (heh). Tampa, a city in which the South-side is notorious for flooding. A city with more than enough side-roads to go any other way but through deep water. A city full of dickwads in BMWs and Mercs, sitting in chest deep flood, on the phone to AAA. Ain't all bad.

I know this is super late but I actually dispatch tow trucks for AAA, and this always cracks me up. If the car is in ANY standing water, we aren't going out there and just tell the people to call back when all the water is gone. Usually that takes at least a few hours, but in some areas I work (mostly New Orleans and Baton Rouge) I've seen it take up to a week for the flooding to subside. People get so mad, but dude you're the one that decided to drive into a lake.

Also, the amount of people who literally try to drive through the canals all over New Orleans is unreal.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Burying the lead on this one:

quote:

Logan says surveillance video shows Bost went into the bathroom, locked himself in and tied his blue jeans to the door. He then climbed into the ceiling, leaving behind his driver’s license and other forms of ID in his pants.

Like, I'm assuming he was planning to hide until they closed, but aren't most WH open 24hrs? Why did he use his goddamn pants and not just bring 3ft of rope in his pocket. Did he not think anyone would notice one of the bathroom doors was tied shut? Why the ceiling at all? He walked in through the front door and went into the bathroom, it's not like he infiltrated the building through an air vent MGS style. So. Many. Questions.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Takes No Damage posted:

Like, I'm assuming he was planning to hide until they closed, but aren't most WH open 24hrs? Why did he use his goddamn pants and not just bring 3ft of rope in his pocket. Did he not think anyone would notice one of the bathroom doors was tied shut? Why the ceiling at all? He walked in through the front door and went into the bathroom, it's not like he infiltrated the building through an air vent MGS style. So. Many. Questions.

Drugs

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Every day Boston Dynamics gets better and better

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

I-

Wh-

HOW.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

The waffle house one is good because you know there was like an inch of grease soaked dust up there. They never replace or clean the ceiling tiles. They just get nastier and nastier until eventually the whole waffle house is torn down and a new one is built on the foundations.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Takes No Damage posted:

Enter Waffle House. Enter restroom.

Tie restroom door closed so no one can get in there during your heist.

Get into ceiling. Crawl to room where valuable are held (???).

Exit ceiling. Extract valuables.

Reenter ceiling. Crawl to restroom.

Descend into restroom.

Retrieve pants. Put on pants. Walk out like it’s nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless