Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

namad
Nov 7, 2013

Really Pants posted:

There's an Andromeda LP that just started here.

Awesome, wow, can't believe I missed that, wasn't on the masterlist yet. Thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Bumping The Witness!

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
A narrative LP of Dr. Mario.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Quackles posted:

Bumping The Witness!
Will this do? https://lparchive.org/The-Witness/
Noted former SA LPer supergreatfriend did a blind bumble offsite; you can find that here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLaSPgE4K0SB3iwYy_k4Z5pEO7WJd9ywEP

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

Solitair posted:

Anyone wanna take a crack at Neverwinter Nights?

Offsite, but small-time youtube LP man Eltimar has done it. He reads all the dialogue but not in dumb voices or anything and generally manages to be a nice relaxing host. His channel's full of CRPG LPs just like it with no gimmicks to speak of.

Bliss Authority
Jul 6, 2011

I'm not saying it was witches

but it was witches

You know what I'd like to see?

An informative LP of Civilization: Call to Power and/or Call to Power 2, a couple of bizzare offshoots of Civ.

Zyxyz
Mar 30, 2010
Buglord

Bliss Authority posted:

You know what I'd like to see?

An informative LP of Civilization: Call to Power and/or Call to Power 2, a couple of bizzare offshoots of Civ.
:agreed:
I had the first Call to Power as a kid and had fun looking at all the weird future tech in the encyclopedia (complete with 3D models!!) but never got very far in the game itself. Would be neat to see how it's done after all these years!

Also requesting an LP of little-known mystery game Why Am I Dead At Sea to suit the spooky season :ghost:

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
A request in one of the 'help me remember the name of a game' threads (are there still 2 of them?) reminded me of a game I'd really like to see played by someone more competent than me.

It's a DOS game called Millennia: Altered Destinies, and its premise is as follows - you're some Terran space trucker who gets transported to an alien ship. It turns out the aliens are trying to stop a different alien species from taking over the universe. Problem is that these bad aliens are too powerful and as is can't be stopped. The solution is to travel back in time ten thousand years and cultivate the 4 native peoples of the galaxy the bad aliens just took over in modern time so that in the present they'll be powerful enough to stop the bad guys. Otherwise the now too powerful bad guys will be going after the Milky Way next.

Gameplay wise it's kind of a simulation game? Maybe with sorta puzzle-adventure aspects of finding the right things to help each civilization out? I don't think there's any actual combat you control, though that might just be because I never got far enough to start fighting things.

Me being some dumb kid I naturally had no idea how to advance 4 different civilizations to a state where they'd be ready to fight back against evil space empires, and I'm certain I still don't. If anyone could show me how it's done I'd be super thankful! Whatever format you prefer is fine by me, though since I tend to also do other things when watching videos a subtitled video format might be less convenient for me. But hey, if that's how a prospective LPer wants do it I won't be complaining!

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I still want a good, informative LP of Horizon: Zero Dawn.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I wanna see Ys 8 and Dragon Quest 11.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Junpei posted:

I wanna see Ys 8 and Dragon Quest 11.

There's a blind playthrough of DQ 11.

Gallatin
Sep 20, 2004

The Lone Badger posted:

I still want a good, informative LP of Horizon: Zero Dawn.

I do too and please post it when you find one.

In the meantime here is a playlist that has 69 videos, including the DLC, for an LP by a guy who wrote one of the official strategy guides for hzd (maybe it was just for the DLC) - either way he worked with the devs. Someone here in another LP thread referenced this and that is how I found it.

Imagine watching an easily distracted cat playing all of the way through a game because sometimes that is exactly how I felt. He plays from the start on the hardest difficulty but has all weapons due to playing NG+. My biggest issue is he knows the game so well he that he seems mostly interested in using the most devastating weapon to end an encounter quickly and proceed with the story rather than showing something interesting off.

It is commentated and he is thorough. This is a link to the playlist:
https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_ftpUY_ldBQtP6K6c8PQuo5e94FBAZkx

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009
My other complaint is that he skips some of the sidequests "so you'll have something to discover when you play it". Dude, I'm watching you play it because I can't. Stupid console exclusives. -sigh-

(Or at least, he said he was going to somewhere in the 10-20 video range. I haven't finished it so perhaps he changes his mind later.)

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I don't know if it's possible, but I want to see someone LP this Pokemon Go clone.

Graylien
Aug 12, 2013
I'd like to request The Missing: J.J. Macfield and the Island of Memories the latest game from Swery. It's got a great story and real heart to it but I think the mechanics of it (having to injure yourself to solve puzzles) might put people off playing it themselves.

Xerophyte
Mar 17, 2008

This space intentionally left blank
Ninja Gaiden meets Metroid platformer The Messenger seems really good, but turns out I have grown bad at ninjas in my old age. I owned Shadow of the Ninja (well, Blue Shadow, really) for the NES as a kid rather than Ninja Gaiden, clearly the cause of my woes. Anyhow, I'd love to live vicariously through someone who can still play platformers.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Seeing as how no one put in a request yet, I think I will for Shin Megami Tensei if....

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Mraagvpeine posted:

Seeing as how no one put in a request yet, I think I will for Shin Megami Tensei if....

https://lparchive.org/Shin-Megami-Tensei-if/

Flac
Sep 6, 2010

supposedly it frees you from anxiety and nihilism

Graylien posted:

I'd like to request The Missing: J.J. Macfield and the Island of Memories the latest game from Swery. It's got a great story and real heart to it but I think the mechanics of it (having to injure yourself to solve puzzles) might put people off playing it themselves.

he's not on this forum anymore but supergreatfriend, patron saint of swery-directed game lps, is planning to do it soon.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

I'm gonna presume they mean with the Aeon Genesis translation patch that finally finished very recently.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Flac posted:

he's not on this forum anymore but supergreatfriend, patron saint of swery-directed game lps, is planning to do it soon.
Here's his channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/supergreatfriend
He has one more video in his Silent Hill playthrough before he begins The Missing, so very soon indeed. Maybe Wednesday?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

That playthrough of if... is only one route and I'd like to see the others.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
Would still love to read an LP of Sunless Sea: Zubmariner, putting it out there!

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

Mraagvpeine posted:

It might be worth having someone do it with the recently finished translation, eh.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Dragonatrix posted:

I'm gonna presume they mean with the Aeon Genesis translation patch that finally finished very recently.

discworld is all I read posted:

It might be worth having someone do it with the recently finished translation, eh.

That's the idea. I was a little surprised no one put in a request when it was released.

Bliss Authority
Jul 6, 2011

I'm not saying it was witches

but it was witches

Anyone planning on LPing [i]Jimmy and the Pulsating Mass?[/1]

Graylien
Aug 12, 2013

Flac posted:

Hirayuki posted:

Here's his channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/supergreatfriend
He has one more video in his Silent Hill playthrough before he begins The Missing, so very soon indeed. Maybe Wednesday?

Awesome, thank you. Though it's a pity he's not on the forum anymore, the discussion inspired by this one would have been interesting.

Graylien fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Nov 5, 2018

OddHaberdasher
Jan 21, 2016
If it wouldn't be too much trouble, I'd like to put in a request for Heaven Will Be Mine, a semi-sequel to We Know The Devil (in that it takes place in the same universe, is made by the same people and the Summer Scouts organization is mentioned, but the events and characters of WKTD either have not happened yet or are not referenced).

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

Flac posted:

Can we get a hero to translate Moon Remix RPG Adventure into SSLP format please? I can dream, right??

Thirded!

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Bliss Authority posted:

Anyone planning on LPing Jimmy and the Pulsating Mass?
It's not the same, but if you just want to watch someone play the game, another former forum LPer, thevoiceofdog, posted videos of a streamed playthrough: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLXXoIQTYGkvYD2dIlYd2zsHVvIEpQ5MXx

Graylien posted:

Awesome, thank you. Though it's a pity he's not on the forum anymore, the discussion inspired by this one would have been interesting.
Yeah, YouTube comments aren't the same at all. :(

Strategic Sage
Jan 22, 2017

And that's the way it is...

Megazver posted:

Would still love to read an LP of Sunless Sea: Zubmariner, putting it out there!

I've thought of it, but it seems like the kind of game that would be a lot more fun to play than to write about -- it's just so grindy by nature. I don't have any idea even how one would do that well.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Thotimx posted:

I've thought of it, but it seems like the kind of game that would be a lot more fun to play than to write about -- it's just so grindy by nature. I don't have any idea even how one would do that well.

Something like this?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3702090

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Could someone do up an LP of Stars in Shadow? Thotimx, maybe?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I just saw a trailer for this game called Puss and I'd like to see someone LP it.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

StrixNebulosa posted:

Could someone do up an LP of Stars in Shadow? Thotimx, maybe?

isn't Thotimx suffering enough to bring us every Creeper World?!

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Blood Sally posted:

isn't Thotimx suffering enough to bring us every Creeper World?!

Haha, I mean, they are, but their LP of Masters of Orion is so good and Stars in Shadow is both good and an interesting variant on MOO that I'd be thrilled to see their take on it. Or anyone else's, for that matter.

(also they could teach me to play it competently, like they're doing with AI War)

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

I think Afterfall: Insanity would make for a decent LP. Particularly by one of the Polish goons who actually knows the various references the game makes.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

I've recently discovered that Slam City with Scottie Pippen (Sega CD) exists and I'm begging anyone who can to LP It.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
Has Heavy Gear 2 been on the list before? Because I'd like to request it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Graylien posted:

I played it and found it to be really good (if overpriced at like 30 bucks for a game that takes 8 hours tops to 100%) and I've been thinking about doing it since it seems like no one on the forums is already going for it. Only thing is it'd be my first let's play and I have no idea what the hell I'm doing :v: