Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

There's no need to speak. You must only concentrate and recall all your past life. When a man thinks of the past, he becomes kinder.
So after a crash corrupted my install I redownloaded, disabled all mods and the game still crashes mid-turn 1.

Verified files, drivers are up to date, all that good stuff. Really not sure what to try to fix it, anyone got any suggestions?

I just wanna smush my new mens in to some other mens. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

Ravenfood posted:

Noctilus or Aranessa for a ME campaign? I'm doing a Vortex Harkon (in retrospect should have done Cylostra) but the other two are both much closer to the old world. Noctilus looks like he's in the dead center of everything and so can fight absolutely everyone, while Aranessa is tucked so far into Tilea's bay that she might struggle to really raid anywhere but the badlands/araby/border princes/estalia areas, which still isn't bad.

e: Also, what does each LL get as a bonus building on their flagship? Harkon gets a +replenishment, + corruption, +faction income one I think.

I'm doing an Aranessa ME campaign and it's a pretty good location but a rough start corruption-wise. You probably want to actually take Tilea instead of setting up coves but that means you'll need to deal with a lot of public order issues plus a tough-ish walled siege very early on. Once that's out of the way you're pretty good to do what you want though.

Aranessa's unique ship upgrade gives her big boosts to sacking and raiding income as well as casualty replenishment, and also gives you the lightning strike ability for free without needing to get the skill for Aranessa herself. She does have the skill though, so watch out you don't spend a point unnecessarily there.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Bad news: new world colonies wiped me out on a retreat.

Good news: Direfin and her knight on their managed to wipe out 600 odd troops before eventually succumbing. :stare:

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

John Charity Spring posted:

I'm doing an Aranessa ME campaign and it's a pretty good location but a rough start corruption-wise. You probably want to actually take Tilea instead of setting up coves but that means you'll need to deal with a lot of public order issues plus a tough-ish walled siege very early on. Once that's out of the way you're pretty good to do what you want though.

Aranessa's unique ship upgrade gives her big boosts to sacking and raiding income as well as casualty replenishment, and also gives you the lightning strike ability for free without needing to get the skill for Aranessa herself. She does have the skill though, so watch out you don't spend a point unnecessarily there.

Thanks.

I just did Harkon's final Vortex fight and the game crashed right after I won and I'm not sure I have it in me to do it again, its a long fight. Am I missing anything except maybe an achievement by just not caring about it and moving on?

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Ravenfood posted:

Thanks.

I just did Harkon's final Vortex fight and the game crashed right after I won and I'm not sure I have it in me to do it again, its a long fight. Am I missing anything except maybe an achievement by just not caring about it and moving on?

There should be a victory movie. Depending on how the game registers your victory it might be available under "Cinematics" from the main menu, or just see it on Youtube.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Ravenfood posted:

Thanks.

There's a short illustrated ending cutscene but that's it.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Hah, I was wrong. Necrofexes have 4 cannons on their arm. Carronades have nothing on them apart from price, and damage and ammo boosts from skills and tech (largely overkill I find, and Gunnery Wights will solve ammo issues).

In terms of replacing Mortars, well, they won't kill lightly-armored crap as efficiently, but the difference in TTK is negligible when you factor in their flexibility of target choice. Can't wait to get to T5.

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

To the other goon looking for a blue Noctilus reskin (juggalo baby coffin?) somebody made a mod

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1562641751&searchtext=

It's not as dark blue as some of the artwork, and some barnacles were removed from his armour but its what we got

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Cool.

Also, I cannot wait for the mod that turns Black Arks from their current incarnations into the Vampirate LLs so they can actually loving cities and poo poo. I don't know if its possible, but giving them a massive penalty to movement on land would effectively keep them as naval-only presences.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Ravenfood posted:

I don't know if its possible, but giving them a massive penalty to movement on land would effectively keep them as naval-only presences.

Could be very well be, maybe have Black Ark Lords automatically have a trait that reduces their land movement range by 9999% or whatever.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
But with the game limitations you could probably still order them to go on land and with no movement they wouldn't be able to get to sea again then :negative:

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Maybe play around with army stances? SFO created entirely new stances, you could have them restricted to only using those.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

toasterwarrior posted:

Hah, I was wrong. Necrofexes have 4 cannons on their arm. Carronades have nothing on them apart from price, and damage and ammo boosts from skills and tech (largely overkill I find, and Gunnery Wights will solve ammo issues).

In terms of replacing Mortars, well, they won't kill lightly-armored crap as efficiently, but the difference in TTK is negligible when you factor in their flexibility of target choice. Can't wait to get to T5.

Cannonades also have significantly more range so they can start shooting earlier.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

team overhead smash posted:

Cannonades also have significantly more range so they can start shooting earlier.

Yeah, very good point in their favor I admit. Still, I imagine Necrofexes will do better in most cases than Carronades.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012
I may be imagining things, but I'm pretty sure I had less line-of-sight issues with the Necrofexes.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Do Vampire Count armies not start crumbling the moment their leaders are dead anymore?

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Caidin posted:

Do Vampire Count armies not start crumbling the moment their leaders are dead anymore?
They never did? They start crumbling when their leadership is low enough.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Flakey posted:

So after a crash corrupted my install I redownloaded, disabled all mods and the game still crashes mid-turn 1.

Verified files, drivers are up to date, all that good stuff. Really not sure what to try to fix it, anyone got any suggestions?

I just wanna smush my new mens in to some other mens. :(

Are any of your mods movie pack files? Those won't show up in thr launcher and you have to go jnto your data directory to delete them

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Caidin posted:

They don't, any more than non-Undead armies immediately rout when their leaders are dead. The easiest way to think of the Undead mechanic is that "crumbling" replaces "routing" and "disintegrating" replaces "shattered", and all undead are immune to fear/terror. Undead do have pretty low leadership generally, so losing their leader does lead to a pretty significant morale shock, but its not an instant thing at all.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Ravenfood posted:

They don't, any more than non-Undead armies immediately rout when their leaders are dead. The easiest way to think of the Undead mechanic is that "crumbling" replaces "routing" and "disintegrating" replaces "shattered", and all undead are immune to fear/terror. Undead do have pretty low leadership generally, so losing their leader does lead to a pretty significant morale shock, but its not an instant thing at all.

Well shoot, I thought that's how it used to work in TWW 1.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Caidin posted:

Well shoot, I thought that's how it used to work in TWW 1.

It often coincidentally works out that way because lord death is a fairly huge leadership hit, but even in TWW1 it was never "VC lord dies, army disintegrates".

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Has anyone tried out the GCCM island battle maps? With how frequently you fight on the sea, having only 4-5 vanilla maps in the game gets old pretty quick.

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

There's no need to speak. You must only concentrate and recall all your past life. When a man thinks of the past, he becomes kinder.

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Are any of your mods movie pack files? Those won't show up in thr launcher and you have to go jnto your data directory to delete them

I did delete some pack files from mods that didn't remove themselves after unsubbing, but what seems to have done the trick is switching from DX12 to DX11.

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer
I don't know if this has already been mentioned, but I love how the zombies sometimes screw up their lines. I did a double take the first time I heard that:

"DECK HANDS, DECK HANDS, DECK HANDS.... HAND.... DECK?"

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

I can't recruit Queen Bess into Noctilus' army. Is this a bug?

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

SirPhoebos posted:

I can't recruit Queen Bess into Noctilus' army. Is this a bug?

You have to be in friendly territory/waters for some reason to recruit regiments of renown. It's super stupid and probably a bug/oversight.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Protip: if you’re completely abandoning some low tier settlements as VSea don’t forget to deconstruct all your buildings for gold

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Dongattack posted:

You have to be in friendly territory/waters for some reason to recruit regiments of renown. It's super stupid and probably a bug/oversight.

Thanks for answering.

I guess for now I need to make an area friendly :black101:

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

team overhead smash posted:

Yeah, this is critical in multiplayer when facing artillery heavy enemies, as far as I can tell.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

The cove mechanic is so loving good. Setting up money makers in Lothern, Marienburg, and Altdorf is a dumb amount of money.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
I'm doing a Vortex campaign with Cylostra and it's been a blast. I took off from her starting area and took over the Blood Hall from the Dark Elves above Teclis. I've wiped him out and working on Khalida. It's so much fun having a faction that can relocate anywhere and if previous conquests get taken who cares? I've got a ship.

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
Turning the single player into a HOMM like actually works pretty loving well. The vampire coast is a pretty fun campaign by just jamming in a bunch of other races' mechanics and then adding coves and treasure hunts

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Rogue Fleets respawn way too frequently with too little diversity in areas and composition though. Thanks to vampirate auto-resolve being bad, Rogue Fleets remembering past wars, and them usually being aggressive, they just keep coming at the Vampire Coast. This is the umpteenth time I've wrecked Argluk's (whatever his name is) lovely half-stack of Greenskins over, you'd think even a Greenskin would know when to find somewhere else to pirate around in.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

So I think my game may be bugged but I'm not sure if I'm remembering how this mechanic works. On the vortex map, if a different race takes over a settlement, the visuals of the settlement type on the campaign map and the battle map should switch to that new race's aesthetics right? As in, if lizardmen take over an elf city or minor settlement, it should now look all aztecy and the battle map should be a lizardman one?

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

So I think my game may be bugged but I'm not sure if I'm remembering how this mechanic works. On the vortex map, if a different race takes over a settlement, the visuals of the settlement type on the campaign map and the battle map should switch to that new race's aesthetics right? As in, if lizardmen take over an elf city or minor settlement, it should now look all aztecy and the battle map should be a lizardman one?
That mechanic isn't in TW:W2.
It was back in TW:W1, no idea why it was removed / disabled.

Dartonus
Apr 1, 2011

It only gets worse from here on in...

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

That happened in Warhammer 1, but for Warhammer 2 settlements stay the same appearance. If you look carefully on the campaign map you’ll see banners matching your race set up around the city, 3 in total.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Dang, I wonder why I never noticed this before. It kinda bugs me now.

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe
Okay, so for those that care:

All my faction mods are now operating once more, hooray!

And a minor addition: CA has finally fixed replenishment for hordes. Your techs will now give you replenishment at all times.

Gejnor fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Nov 11, 2018

Yukitsu
Oct 11, 2012

Snow=Yuki
Fox=Kitsune
Snow Fox=Yukitsu, ne?

Fangz posted:

Yeah, this is critical in multiplayer when facing artillery heavy enemies, as far as I can tell.

That and accuracy, though Bess is probably the best choice for counter battery work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Has anyone tried out the GCCM island battle maps? With how frequently you fight on the sea, having only 4-5 vanilla maps in the game gets old pretty quick.

I didn't, but I'd be happy to. I also haven't had a chance to use Black Arks in combat, either for or against. Do they get a unique sea map?