Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

CuddleCryptid posted:

I appreciate the cartel dude that goes off about how your tattooist disguise is super weird since you don't look like the pictures and everyone treats him like he is crazy. Good lampshade for the fact that everyone in this game is completely faceblind

It's more hilarious for the painter in Mumbai. He's South Asian with a moustache and 47 is white with no moustache.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Cojawfee posted:

It's more hilarious for the painter in Mumbai. He's South Asian with a moustache and 47 is white with no moustache.

My favorite is the barber on the same level for the same reason.

Unrelated but since it has been prevalent in this game as well, is it just me or is the fiber wire basically useless? I guess it is useful if you dont mind the non-target kill penalty, but if I was in a situation where the instant-drag was the difference between getting caught and not then I wouldn't go for it. I always trade it out for a lockpick which has way more versatility

CuddleCryptid fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Nov 18, 2018

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Mantis42 posted:

What's the point of poisoning the cocaine souvenir? It just knocks him out and there's too many guards around to snap his neck after. I ended up luring him with the monkey toy and giving him some scissors

Using the emetic poison he went to throw up down an elevator shaft or something and it was secluded enough for me to shove him down and walk away

explosivo fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Nov 18, 2018

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Mantis42 posted:

What's the point of poisoning the cocaine souvenir? It just knocks him out and there's too many guards around to snap his neck after. I ended up luring him with the monkey toy and giving him some scissors

There's a bottle of lethal poison that's pretty easy to swipe in the doctors office/pharmacy across the street from the bus stop, try using that instead of a sedative.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

I was pretty sure I used poison but maybe I used sedative by mistake. The point is moot now anyways.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

i love that the way they escalate from this in the next mission is not just being cartel targets, but behind the development of a SUPERCOCAINE

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

CuddleCryptid posted:

My favorite is the barber on the same level for the same reason.

Unrelated but since it has been prevalent in this game as well, is it just me or is the fiber wire basically useless? I guess it is useful if you dont mind the non-target kill penalty, but if I was in a situation where the instant-drag was the difference between getting caught and not then I wouldn't go for it. I always trade it out for a lockpick which has way more versatility

On Sapienza, when Francesca's in her office, there's a short window where her bodyguard isn't looking that you can charge in, take her down, and put her in the crate behind her. You can probably do it without, but fiber wire makes it a little quicker and safer. That's where I usually go for Sapienza SASO runs, so it's a handy spot.

Aside from that, I'll usually take it along whenever I'm doing a run that I have loadout slots to spare and am not going for silent assassin. It's just a quality of life thing to be able to kill and drag people quicker with a tool that's not a suspicious item. Especially if you're doing something that'll involve a high bodycount, it's nice to have compared to something like a duck or poison syringe that is only useful once. Last night I did the Sgail challenge to dump 47 people into the sea, and fiber wire was nice to have there, for instance.

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

Cojawfee posted:

The target literally says "did you have a shave?" I love it all, I'm glad they just lean into it.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe
It helps the believability somewhat that most of the targets are incredibly self-absorbed.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Mantis42 posted:

there are lethal poisons, and bodies found from poison death dont penalize you so you dont have to worry about cleanup either

Binbag McGraw
Feb 27, 2006

Jim, stop dancing, this is serious

CuddleCryptid posted:

I think you should get the fiber wire for free (as in, not taking up a loadout slot) if you enter a map in your suit. It's so situational and rarely used, but it's also an iconic Hitman item. I only ever take it the one time to complete the Piano Man challenge on each map. I don't think it would break things too much and would maybe get me to use it now and then when I'm not caring about SA and just knocking out challenges.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I keep hearing stories where people do the funny accident kills with the androids or the cocaine and people nearby immediately figure out that you're responsible because of course you are, and I've never seen that happen because I just loving run away as soon as the guy dies every time, I'm not an idiot.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

RME posted:

there are lethal poisons, and bodies found from poison death dont penalize you so you dont have to worry about cleanup either

Uh yea, I know, I was just confused because they went on and on about his great sense of taste and I was pretty sure I only had poison on me.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Arist posted:

I keep hearing stories where people do the funny accident kills with the androids or the cocaine and people nearby immediately figure out that you're responsible because of course you are, and I've never seen that happen because I just loving run away as soon as the guy dies every time, I'm not an idiot.

Yeah when people get caught by "magic" they are probably like, standing right next to the body admiring their handiwork.

Binbag McGraw
Feb 27, 2006

Jim, stop dancing, this is serious

Arist posted:

Yeah, calmly walking away while Hell unfolds behind you is one of the most satisfying parts of this game.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Mantis42 posted:

Uh yea, I know, I was just confused because they went on and on about his great sense of taste and I was pretty sure I only had poison on me.

im not really sure i follow then, you said the poison was just knocking them out
its just a chance for a poison kill is all

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

The Cheshire Cat posted:

Yeah when people get caught by "magic" they are probably like, standing right next to the body admiring their handiwork.

The peak of this for me was on Sgail in the initiation/interrogation opportunity. I lie on all the questions, the target walks into a puddle and gets shocked by the ECT machine, and while I'm just sitting there in the chair all the guards draw their weapons on me all "Did you do this, sir!?" I was just loving sitting there guys, you were watching me the whole time. What the hell did I do?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Dr Zaius posted:

This took me hours to route out and pull off but I'm pretty pleased with it. Suit only is a real bitch on master difficulty. Original idea was to poison Martinez so that's why I grab it at the start, but didn't need it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EImllZKdV8w

Wait, you can take guns and other unlocks in to get SASO?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Yep, my general strategy for SASOs these days is Poison Syringe in a dropoff, then Lockpick/silenced pistol/coin.

pogothemonkey0
Oct 13, 2005

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Binbag McGraw posted:

Yeah, calmly walking away while Hell unfolds behind you is one of the most satisfying parts of this game.

On the other hand, standing around conspicuously is also one of the most satisfying parts of this game. I always love the image of this hulking albino just standing in the corner staring at a wall. People just walk around you thinking, "Man, that new guy sure is weird..."

It's great that IOI can hit both of those badass and ridiculous notes perfectly.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

fadam posted:

Wait, you can take guns and other unlocks in to get SASO?

Yeah, "suit only" just means you're only ever wearing your suit, not that you only have your suit on you.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

I tried contracts and maybe its just the first level (meat king) but it felt super small and linear compared to blood money, plus its still pretty clunky

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Arist posted:

I blew an elusive target because I didnt realize that people will spot you next to a poisoned body even if you're blending in

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Dr Cheeto posted:

Yeah, "suit only" just means you're only ever wearing your suit, not that you only have your suit on you.

I'm a loving idiot lmao

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

UnknownMercenary posted:

The worst part of Contracts is that because it's a remake of the first game they have to fit in the Hong Kong arc in there but it comes basically at the end and it's this weird difficulty curve where you get a handful of piss easy missions before the big finish.

I loved Contracts just because it let me play old missions with the better mechanics. Also the music was good.

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!
One thing I'd like to see is, since guards will assume you're the killer if you're near the body, they also accuse someone else if they're closer to the body than you are.

Ideally, I'd like to see a scenario where you very obviously leave a murdered target next to another target, a guard comes in, sees the body, and concludes that the other target killed the first one, and promptly caps them.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Xanderkish posted:

One thing I'd like to see is, since guards will assume you're the killer if you're near the body, they also accuse someone else if they're closer to the body than you are.

Ideally, I'd like to see a scenario where you very obviously leave a murdered target next to another target, a guard comes in, sees the body, and concludes that the other target killed the first one, and promptly caps them.

Yeah but then people on the map die through no fault of yours and it severely limits your options and this sucks rear end

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!

elf help book posted:

Yeah but then people on the map die through no fault of yours and it severely limits your options and this sucks rear end

Could also just have them arrested, or have it only occur in scripted scenarios. The important thing is that whatever happens is fun as hell.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Has anyone found a way to do Piano man/hold my hair in Miami without using the drinking game opportunity? All my attempts have led to both target go vomit in a garbage bin instead of in a toilet like 47 intended. It's really annoying.

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

How do you unlock the lethal poison vial? Internet says it's level 10 mastery on either Paris or Sapienza but I've hit both of those and still don't have it. Which is frustrating because it's one of the most useful unlocks.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

double nine posted:

Has anyone found a way to do Piano man/hold my hair in Miami without using the drinking game opportunity? All my attempts have led to both target go vomit in a garbage bin instead of in a toilet like 47 intended. It's really annoying.

Make her sick during medical treatment. Toilet is right there.

En Garde Motherfuckers
Apr 29, 2009

Hey. Is it just me, or do my balls itch?

double nine posted:

You can get both pretty easily by turning on (off? Tampering with) the AC in Robert Knox's office and poisoning his eyedrops with an emetic in the bathroom down the hall.

Ripper Swarm
Sep 9, 2009

It's not that I hate it. It's that I loathe it.
I think those sorts of challenges are for ANY target, so you could also find an NPC who's easy to emetic and always throws up in a toilet and create a custom contract on them.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
I wish I'd been recording at the start of this, but I was trying to throw a coin past the front passenger side of the van on Bangkok, and when it accidentally clipped the hood, it freaked the gently caress out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rv_pvMyAGEI

I've tried to recreate it with no success, unfortunately.

freebooter posted:

How do you unlock the lethal poison vial? Internet says it's level 10 mastery on either Paris or Sapienza but I've hit both of those and still don't have it. Which is frustrating because it's one of the most useful unlocks.

That should do it. You can see all the unlocks by going to the main menu -> Career -> Mastery -> a particular level, and it will show where you are and what you have.

garycoleisgod
Sep 27, 2004
Boo

freebooter posted:

It's Mastery level 15 in Paris. I know because I have been redoing the legacy levels to get my old unlocks back. Halfway through Thailand! gently caress SASO on this one, jesus christ.

Samopsa
Nov 9, 2009

Krijgt geen speciaal kerstdiner!

freebooter posted:

level 7 on whittleton creek or level 15 on paris!
https://www.hitmanforum.com/t/hitman-2-complete-list-of-unlocks/26215

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

Ah thank you - I was actually looking at that list, I don't know how I missed that

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

I got into Hitman very late and missed the first round and most of the second round of elusive contracts, but the no-do-over aspect of them is really awesome and sort of unique in video games at the moment. So thus far all I've been doing in Hitman 2 is redoing all the old levels to build my arsenal back up, plus Hawke's Bay and Miami. Haven't touched the rest of the game yet. Gotta be fully prepared for Sean Bean.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
Some of the unlock levels have been changed for the remastered legacy levels. I think Paris was level 13 or 14 when I unlocked the poison vial this time around.

e;fb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

How the frick do you turn off the AC in Knox's office? I've been looking everywhere for that thing!