Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

CynicalThundercunt posted:

I hate my Switch. I love the console at its core and how much potential it had but bar BoTW, Mario Odyssey it has no big great games (even Mario Odyssey is questionable though) and it's already got a pretty good emulator.

It's a sad feeling it's like looking at that one crackhead heroin junkie who had straight A grades back in school but fell into an intense depression that ruined her life.

Definitely picking up smash for my boy Kirby though

What an interesting and thoughtful pile of crap you left for us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

I just picked up and finished Moonlighter, and as a warning to anyone who was thinking about it: it's not a very good game.

I really wanted to like this game, but I quickly stopped having fun about halfway into the first dungeon. There are just too many issues with finicky controls and hitboxes throughout the entire game, whether its shooting arrows or tackling thieves in your shop.

Also the writing just becomes progressively worse, to the point where the final scene is a mess of clunky tone, deus ex machinas, and grammatical errors.

On the bright side, it's only about 10 hours long.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

PowerBeard posted:

numbchucks

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Ageofbob posted:

Is there any advantage to getting the new Smash physically? Or am I fine just getting it digital?

It is relatively large. I'm probably going to get a physical copy so i can save space on my switch.

Otherwise I'ma probably need a new SD card.

Speaking of which, is the onboard switch storage on an SD card that I would have to take out if I got a new one? Or is the 32 gigs or whatever hard storage?

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Everyone knows it's pronounced/spelled Numbchaku.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Ignite Memories posted:

Speaking of which, is the onboard switch storage on an SD card that I would have to take out if I got a new one? Or is the 32 gigs or whatever hard storage?
That's internal, the SD is extra.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Warframe just dropped. Best free game ever invented.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Cactus posted:

Awesome. Looking forward to trying it tonight. I read Panic Button did a great job again porting.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Cactus posted:

Any account cross play?

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Ignite Memories posted:

It is relatively large. I'm probably going to get a physical copy so i can save space on my switch.

Otherwise I'ma probably need a new SD card.

SD card prices seem to be dropping so Black Friday would probably be The Time to get a biggun in any case

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Cactus posted:

Still showing as upcoming for me. I gotta go to the store though so maybe it’ll be available by the time I get back?? 👏

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Any account cross play?

Hope so... downloading it now.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Dad Jokes posted:

I just picked up and finished Moonlighter, and as a warning to anyone who was thinking about it: it's not a very good game.

I really wanted to like this game, but I quickly stopped having fun about halfway into the first dungeon. There are just too many issues with finicky controls and hitboxes throughout the entire game, whether its shooting arrows or tackling thieves in your shop.

Also the writing just becomes progressively worse, to the point where the final scene is a mess of clunky tone, deus ex machinas, and grammatical errors.

On the bright side, it's only about 10 hours long.

Yep. It breaks my heart because the central concept (dungeon crawling/merchant sim) is like heroin to me.

It just runs out of steam fast. The devs are still working on it and have a roadmap but we've all seen these games dry up before.

They really need to add more to your personal upgrades. I tested a bunch and there isn't very little difference in the armor considering that attacking locks you in place for a sec.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Any account cross play?

As a Canadian living where they operate and has actually checked the online FAQ:

:lol::lol:

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Warframe's devs have said they can't do cross-play because of the varying update versions between the existing platforms (PC gets theirs first and faster, PS4 and Xbox can be multiple revisions behind for months) and the in-game trade system (focused around a currency which is earned in-game or paid for with real money) is handled differently between PC and the consoles.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Just a one time transfer (creating a copy essentially) of a PC account. I almost made a pc account and begged up some items to transfer for over but whatever

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Ok someone recommend a newb friendly guide to warframe because this poo poo is crazy

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Just played through the tutorial in handheld mode. Motion controls work for aiming and it runs almost as smooth as the pc version, which is absolutely not a backhanded compliment (pc runs buttery smooth).

If you're brand new to the game I'd probably advise to pick Excalibur for your first frame, and whichever weapon loadout you think is coolest to start with. You can change your mind if you don't like the feel of one of your weapon choices, as long as you havent left the level just go back and pick up the other one.

It doesn't matter all that much though. If it turns out this game is for you, you'll be swimming in weapons and Warframes and three hundred hours later be realising you can now start to scratch the surface of the game.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Bottom Liner posted:

Ok someone recommend a newb friendly guide to warframe because this poo poo is crazy

Read the OP on the Warframe thread. Seriously.

Just play whatever you want, make every items you can and level it up. Maxing out items increases your account level which unlocks more stuff.
You'll get to a point where you can level items so fast that it doesn't matter if you don't like it. Just get that sweet XP.

There are something to spend money on and the best things are probably weapon and Frame slots.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Nintendo sez: forsake your switch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dO0FN7WbRQ0

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Bottom Liner posted:

I found iFlynns beginners guides very useful.

https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLUUaJNS7yZIHliLDIQPJy31QVikj_jJ-v

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?
Warframe still showing up as a 11/20 unlock for me, are people who have it early on the East coast / is this unlocked off some other region's 11/20?

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Join us on the discord to coordinate some Warframe switch gaming! Newbie friendly. Hopefully we can get a clan going

https://discord.gg/PvCRPn

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
So I've been leveling my Crusader to 70 in Diablo III and things quickly turned silly. One of my first legendaries was a chestpiece that gives me 300% of my Vitality as Thorns, and wouldn't you know it the Crusader has a lot of skills that work with Thorns. Basically from like level 20 to 70 my main source of damage has been Steed Charge :pram: Pop Iron Skin with Reflective skin to up the Thorns by 300% then Steed Charge with Spiked Barding to deal 500% Thorns damage per tick as I spin around in a circle on top of the enemy as they melt. I mean, it works!

I chose to get Haedrig's Gift on this Crusader since I wasn't really feeling the Necromancer and well, now I guess I gotta use Sweep Attack :v: How do you get around resource starvation on the Crusader? On the Necromancer I had basically infinite resource but on my Crusader I'm constantly running low and the basic attack restores so little.

Circle Nine
Mar 1, 2009

But that’s how it is when you start wanting to have things. Now, I just look at them, and when I go away I carry them in my head. Then my hands are always free, because I don’t have to carry a suitcase.
Has anyone here gotten Taiko Drum n' Fun, and if so, is it good? I feel like if I were to get a Taiko game I'd probably also want to drop $50 on the drum controller as well, but apparently the touch screen controls are totally good, while the motion controls with the joy-cons are just kinda passable at best.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Thanks, added that playlist to my account so I can watch it later on my switch while warframe downloads on my switch.

What a world we live in!!!

Weedle
May 31, 2006

I see the Hitlers at Nintendo of America are still refusing to make Warframe available to me. This is violence

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

ENGLISH ASIAN RELEASE CONFIRMED!!!!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZRlcM41Lcg

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Weedle posted:

I see the Hitlers at Nintendo of America are still refusing to make Warframe available to me. This is violence

I feel ya bud! I can’t wait to gun fu around tomorrow. Luckily I have bf v to tide me over

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Gripweed posted:

ENGLISH ASIAN RELEASE CONFIRMED!!!!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZRlcM41Lcg

That thumbnail lol

BREAST FIRE!!

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Electric Phantasm posted:

That thumbnail lol

BREAST FIRE!!

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Please make this the thread title

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
The NES collection is p cool, the interface is good, emulation is nice with real world sprite flicker included and I'm a savestate whore, but, it only shows nes games. Anyone else notice this? Wonderin if im the only one.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.

Electric Phantasm posted:

That thumbnail lol

BREAST FIRE!!

Needs more "This hand of mine glows with an awesome power, it's burning grip cries for me to defeat you! Now take my love, my anger and all my sorrow!"

Also, Team Gurren.

Lazlo Nibble
Jan 9, 2004

It was Weasleby, by God! At last I had the miserable blighter precisely where I wanted him!

Mons Hubris posted:

It seems like most people online don't care about the "cover the most surface" objective at all and just run around trying to kill each other.
Killing the other team deters their efforts to achieve their objective of covering the most surface.

And keeps them from killing your team, so you can continue to pursue your objective to cover the most surface.

This gameplay mechanic is in service of your objective to cover the most surface, is what I’m trying to say.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Is Nintendo gonna post their eShop deals or something?

Amazon has the Starlink starter pack for 40 bucks, which I'm really tempted to buy right now

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
The Reddit usually posts the deals once a week.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Is Nintendo gonna post their eShop deals or something?

Amazon has the Starlink starter pack for 40 bucks, which I'm really tempted to buy right now

I've been wondering that too, and I was holding off on buying some stuff until then since we're so close to Black Friday.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

I got the armor set from the season journey with my necromancer and went to get it with my crusader, but it turns out you can’t get the reward for multiple characters

That’s a bit of a bummer, because now I don’t have near as much incentive to play (until next season)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Reality Pisser posted:

The NES collection is p cool, the interface is good, emulation is nice with real world sprite flicker included and I'm a savestate whore, but, it only shows nes games. Anyone else notice this? Wonderin if im the only one.

Nope, I see Axely and UN Squadron for SNES on my end. Two shmups, come on Nintendo, how about some variety here!