Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes

repiv posted:

They've also revealed the Elusive Target suit unlock progression:

Am I the only one underwhelmed by this? It just looks like 'default suit BUT WITH GLOVES!!1!' for the locations. Stuff like the santa suit was pretty unique and I regret not getting it, but I don't think i'll mind particularly if I miss any of these.

edit: patch notes

nexus6 fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Nov 20, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.

Yo this is super rad

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

nexus6 posted:

Am I the only one underwhelmed by this? It just looks like 'default suit BUT WITH GLOVES!!1!' for the locations. Stuff like the santa suit was pretty unique and I regret not getting it, but I don't think i'll mind particularly if I miss any of these.

Wasn't the santa suit from the Xmas challenge and not elusive targets?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

ymgve posted:

Wasn't the santa suit from the Xmas challenge and not elusive targets?

Yeah, let's hope that comes back eventually too

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

elf help book posted:

Yeah, let's hope that comes back eventually too

They showed Holiday Hoarders in this Hitman 2 trailer so presumably it's coming back at some point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uHJCP1135U&t=112s

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Sick

It's a bit too wacky for me but the Santa suit is a definite fan favorite

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

nexus6 posted:

Am I the only one underwhelmed by this? It just looks like 'default suit BUT WITH GLOVES!!1!' for the locations

It;s moronic but I'd be lying if I said I didn't need those suits "WIF GLOVES" if only because the Mission Results screen with 47 holstering his weapon shows him with gloves and I was stoked for that slightly cool modification to his look.

I'd like the Vampire Magician in this list.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
I've started a kill everybody run in Sgail, and holy hell are there a lot of guards on the map. I don't know if there's any other method to deal with them beyond picking a closed area and standing your ground. I donned the suit of armor, waited in a storage area and just went Full Robocop on everybody who came through either door. I think I spent like 30 solid minutes shooting at three dozen or more guards. Here's the result:

And I think there's still at least that many guards still left on the map. It's funny that by total coincidence I picked the body-stacking room to kill them in. Either that or the guards just gave up trying to tote them anywhere else.

nexus6 posted:

I like the masquerade suit with the mask. It makes 47 look like an old-timey villain or something, like Fantomas.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

How did they nerf the breaching charges?

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!

nexus6 posted:

Well yeah, but on the plus side you can wear these outfits on any map, not just their native location.

And oh boy is Imperial Classic gonna get a workout from me. With all these clothing options, it's like The Sims but with murder.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Pretty sure killing sims off is half the appeal :p

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

AceOfFlames posted:

Those descriptions are copy pasted from the target Intel on the pause screen /mission briefing (just select the target on either and there will be a prompt for "view Intel"). Alma Reynard and Wazir Kale's profiles can even only be viewed once the game designates them as targets during their levels. And I thought I was kidding for saying I was a bigger lore nerd than you for reading those things earlier in the thread, lol.

my bad; I can't play the newest game so I couldn't tell, and the new bios are so differently written (and so pointlessly detailed and psychoanalytic) that I assumed they were internal documents.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

lol i hosed up the cannon kill so i just knocked out zoe, dragged her into the blast radius, and shot the cannon and it didn't give me the loving challenge

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
As usual, the dialog by threatened NPCs in this is hilarious. While I had a gun pointed at a woman she said, "I'm a Freemason, for chrissakes! I know all the secret handshakes! I'm filthy rich!"

Theswarms
Dec 20, 2005
Clown Bat is a fun weapon, but I wish 47 didn't put it down whenever I drag a body around or whatever.

I keep forgetting to pick it back up and then have to run back for it whenever I decide that the best thing to do is dress as a clown and hit people so confetti comes out.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

have they made particular changes to the elusive targets setup? We can still restart as many times as we want until and unless we complete an objective or the deadline passes?

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
The 12 ET clear suit is The Undying's suit. Odds he'll be back? High.

Also the briefing for this ET is really comprehensive, they give a lot of tips for how to potentially approach it.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
I want that grey suit. Looks slick as hell on 47.

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.
What's the quickest unlock for a silenced sniper rifle?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

nexus6 posted:

That's what the suits in season 1 were. The location suit with gloves. The other suits were for doing multiple ETs.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

il serpente cosmico posted:

What's the quickest unlock for a silenced sniper rifle?
Cheveyo Calibration in Legacy night Marrakesh for the Ghost.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Goddamnit, got shot right before the exit. At least Bean ate it.

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Nakar posted:

Cheveyo Calibration in Legacy night Marrakesh for the Ghost.

Thanks, I never messed around with many of the escalations. I'll give this a shot tonight.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
How long does the elusive target last for? I'm stuck in a 30 gig download that'll probably take at least a day, but i hear it's loving Sean Bean.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

Dongattack posted:

How long does the elusive target last for? I'm stuck in a 30 gig download that'll probably take at least a day, but i hear it's loving Sean Bean.

You get two weeks.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Thanks, I never messed around with many of the escalations. I'll give this a shot tonight.

I had no idea you actually get unlocks like that for escalations, are there any other worthwhile rewards like that? I definitely would enjoy having a silenced sniper rifle ASAP so I think I'm going to do that one.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Basebf555 posted:

I had no idea you actually get unlocks like that for escalations, are there any other worthwhile rewards like that? I definitely would enjoy having a silenced sniper rifle ASAP so I think I'm going to do that one.

I think the only escalations that unlock specific stuff are the ones for Hitman 2016's GOTY pack.

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Last night I found a brick of cocaine in miami and smashed someone over the head with it

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

nexus6 posted:

It's the same thing they did for the season 1 ETs. The real reward is that you can wear the gloved version to any map, while the non-gloved versions are mission specific. This means you can show up to a remote columbian village in a fancy masked tuxedo and nobody will bat an eye.

Dongattack posted:

Like two weeks or something, don't sweat it too much.

Sininu posted:

How did they nerf the breaching charges?

The big thing is that you now only get one instead of two. This means all the spots where you could use them in "kill all targets within 10 seconds" escalations and such to get silent assassin are a lot harder.

The other thing is that you can no longer throw them beside a door and detonate them to open it, to open a door with a breaching charge you have to actually place it on the door itself. Usually not a problem, but I have seen a lot of speedrunners complaining about the change.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Last night I found a brick of cocaine in miami and smashed someone over the head with it

There's someone on the map looking for a different white powder... but you can give them the cocaine instead :2bong:

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

on the maelstrom level did anybody figure out the colored smoke trick. I overheard a conversation about using it to signal something but couldn't find the spot

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Sean Bean down

I knocked out everyone in the lab he tours, dressed as the head scientist, lured his guards away while he waited for me, knocked them out, gave him the grand tour and then BAM, pen to the eye

It was fun, I hope he returns. Make him a permanent target in a DLC map so I can hear Sean Bean brag about his immortality over and over (and then murder him)

E: Also now I want to watch GoldenEye again

Winklebottom fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Nov 20, 2018

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE
Just killed Sean Bean. Silent assassin, though it took me a couple restarts because I got spotted trespassing or the like the first two times.

I went to the meeting dressed as a kronstadt engineer (simple matter to get the disguise from the one who's pootling about in the coat check room), attended the meeting, then went upstairs and used a sink in a storage cupboard to lure a bodyguard. Fresh disguise with full access. I found a picture of the target on the upper floor of the centre (in Knox's office with the aircon), and input it into the android in the room where he goes to meet Yu. Easy kill, though it took about 19 minutes all told.

They put a lot of effort into this one. Fun target.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Xanderkish posted:

My main gripe with the wetsuit is that 47 wears what appears to be a pair of jeans over it.

Here's hoping IOI gives us a target to assassinate for that crime against fashion

This was my gripe as well, I had always wanted to see how genetically perfect 47 is. :heysexy:

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

where the red fern gropes posted:

yes

i hope they'll change it to be like the last season 2 level where that objective becomes optional

e: for anybody who used the intro skip thumbs.dat file before, i *think* i've fixed it so it works with the new patch

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hSVyKt4OExopWAQ1a2CDKVxSwh_mFyme

Where do I put this?

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

The intro is skippable as of the new patch, no need for mods unless you really want to avoid pressing Esc.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

repiv posted:

The intro is skippable as of the new patch, no need for mods unless you really want to avoid pressing Esc.

As a matter of fact i would like to avoid having to press Esc a bunch every time i load up the game

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Lol, even the patch notes call him Sean 2. Poor guy.

I also got a kick out of this:

quote:

Known Issues (Reported by the Community)

We are reading and tracking all feedback related to HITMAN 2. As part of these release notes, we wanted to give you an idea of just a few points that we see lots of discussion about, just so that you know that we know. You know? Looking ahead, we’re already hard at work on our next update, 2.12, which we aim to release in December.

*Location Mastery trophies/achievements do not unlock after earning Mastery outside of that locations main campaign mission.
*The Kalmer-1 Tranquilizer gun loses ammo when reloading a save game.
*The ‘Autosave allowed’ icon cannot be toggled off.
*The new ‘homing’ ability of 47’s briefcase is not strong enough and does not target multiple NPCs.
*Certain NPCs can stagger when shot and get caught in specific walls.
*47’s shadow is missing on certain suits.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

mp5 posted:

As a matter of fact i would like to avoid having to press Esc a bunch every time i load up the game

Actually... you only have to press it once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

The patch broke the steam room kill on Hokkaido, fyi. Turning up the temperature immediately kills the two NPCs in there instead of making them evacuate.