Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Lightning Knight posted:

Could you get more out of them by grabbing select rare monsters?

Also does minion accuracy matter for projectile attacks like the Phantasms or skeleton mages?

It matters for projectile attacks, but phantasms and skele mages cast projectile spells so it doesn't matter for them (but does matter for regular skeletons).

Spectres don't inherit the mods of rares but they will use the same abilities the monster uses. So in that build the guy suggests using these apes that constantly buff your minions with frenzy charges, which is pretty good but you could also have three of them that focus on doing damage without giving up much which seems better to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

MMF Freeway posted:

Fwiw bone sculptor is a must if you're gonna use skeletons. Well I guess you could use those minion accuracy gloves instead but how much do those ascendancy points really get you elsewhere?

I haven't played with soulwrest yet but I'm thinking of starting with it next league and the thing I'm not sure about is what to do with the spectres. Just using them as frenzy charge batteries seems like a waste when you can get +1 on crafted boots now.

A must just because of the accuracy? I only use them on bosses. The alternative would be Puppet Master which is like a 9% DPS increase for my phantasms.

Maybe even drop skeletons entirely because that would open up a big chunk of gem slots, or let me go Kaom's Heart.

e: not worrying about accuracy would also open up my passive tree :thinking:

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Yeah idk what the single target of the phantasms is like but bone sculptor is a huge dps boost for skeletons plus all the qol stuff.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

MMF Freeway posted:

It matters for projectile attacks, but phantasms and skele mages cast projectile spells so it doesn't matter for them (but does matter for regular skeletons).

Spectres don't inherit the mods of rares but they will use the same abilities the monster uses. So in that build the guy suggests using these apes that constantly buff your minions with frenzy charges, which is pretty good but you could also have three of them that focus on doing damage without giving up much which seems better to me.

Oh poo poo they don't? drat, I've been specifically picking rare monsters to spectre. :mad:

My theory was to try and get a Soulwrest that's six-linked and stick Vaal Skeletons in there too so they can share links for skeleton mages, but I'm sure that's not efficient. I basically was trying to work zombies into EE's phantasm build and move some stuff around.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Yeah that's probably not ideal.

IIRC the EE build had the skeletons in the helmet and then like two 3L set ups in the chest. Easiest way to work zombies in would be to move the skeletons into the chest slot, put zombies in the helmet and then distribute the various utility skills he had in the chest elsewhere (will probably need to use unset rings/drop some stuff)

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

MMF Freeway posted:

Yeah idk what the single target of the phantasms is like but bone sculptor is a huge dps boost for skeletons plus all the qol stuff.
I ran occultist soulwrest and the single target seemed quite adequate. I could push it farther if I was a necromancer with more auras, but I was focused on a more defensive build (honestly it's hard to NOT be an occultist for every build I do because amped temp/enfeeble is the best and CI gear was really cheap most of delve).

Zmej fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Nov 20, 2018

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

MMF Freeway posted:

Yeah that's probably not ideal.

IIRC the EE build had the skeletons in the helmet and then like two 3L set ups in the chest. Easiest way to work zombies in would be to move the skeletons into the chest slot, put zombies in the helmet and then distribute the various utility skills he had in the chest elsewhere (will probably need to use unset rings/drop some stuff)

Yeah after I posted that I realized I was thinking I had four four links and not three four links. Man, poor minion builds, they need so many sockets. :(

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

BadMedic posted:

If you just buy straight points, your purchase will discount a future supporter pack. So if you bought $30 of points, the next supporter pack you buy would be $30 cheaper. So go ahead and get that map tab.

i believe this only applies to the packs that were running while you made the point purchases. so if you bought some points 3 weeks ago you cant use them to discount the new packs they just added.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.

Tai posted:

Urgh I'm so torn between what build to go for as a league starter now that incursion and delve are both in.

Sabo Arc or Jugg CP.

I heard sabo arc is pretty good 300+ delves and everyone says jugg is great for deep delving. Just worried a CP Jugg will cost a lot to actually do decent single target DPS.

Help..

CP Jugg will need stat sticks to do good damage I think. If the stat stick changes come in 3.5 then I'll be building CP/Blade Flurry instead of pure CP

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Awesome! posted:

i believe this only applies to the packs that were running while you made the point purchases. so if you bought some points 3 weeks ago you cant use them to discount the new packs they just added.

you can just email support and they'll get back to you about comping you like 10 mins later

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

please knock Mom! posted:

you can just email support and they'll get back to you about comping you like 10 mins later

Also you can set up a payment plan if you want. I'm sure they'd reserve a future pack for you if you wanted

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
GGG support is probably the best in the business. They don't do mix-and-match MTX dressup anymore but that's probably because there's simply so many MTX options now. But every league I shuffle my character names around and they get back to me inside of like 10 minutes no matter what day or time. In Abyss I requested a character name change, put some food in the oven, and came back and it was done. On launch day.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

BadMedic posted:

If you just buy straight points, your purchase will discount a future supporter pack. So if you bought $30 of points, the next supporter pack you buy would be $30 cheaper. So go ahead and get that map tab.

Wait, what? Holy crap. Of course now that I know this, the shop is down. That seems like a pretty big deal though, how did I not hear anything about this? So I get a $20 discount on one of the new packs if I buy the $20 of points I wanted to anyway?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

TheRat posted:

https://twitter.com/pathofexile/status/1064972207720284160

Seems Blizzard really didn't like that playdiablo4.com joke

ah, ok, this explains what I've been seeing all day

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Jinnigan posted:

CP Jugg will need stat sticks to do good damage I think. If the stat stick changes come in 3.5 then I'll be building CP/Blade Flurry instead of pure CP

Can it compete with arc for single target dps if I craft/buy a 2 or 3 phys to an element mod? That 22% elemental penetration to attacks veiled mod could be pretty OP with CP.

Tai fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Nov 20, 2018

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Should of DDoSed on the day 3.5 releases...

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Tai posted:

Should of DDoSed on the day 3.5 releases...

But then... What would they play?

BadMedic
Jul 22, 2007

I've never actually seen him heal anybody.
Pillbug

ToastyPotato posted:

Wait, what? Holy crap. Of course now that I know this, the shop is down. That seems like a pretty big deal though, how did I not hear anything about this? So I get a $20 discount on one of the new packs if I buy the $20 of points I wanted to anyway?

Yep, although someone else in the thread mentioned that if you wait too long you may have to contact support to re-apply your discount.

I don't know how you are supposed to find out about the discount, I found out about it by accident. When I started playing back in abyss I didn't want to spend too much on the game so I just got $20 of points. A while later I went to buy some more and noticed all the supporter packs were getting a $20 discount.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

you can also upgrade your supporter packs after you buy them for the difference in price

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Note that most of this only applies to the current cycle of packs - They said they're going to phase out the War for the Atlas ones (the set of 4 topping off at 480 bucks) soon, but I don't think they've announced when.

I should contact GGG support and ask them to tally up my account to find out what I've spent over the last 6 years or so.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Vasudus posted:

Note that most of this only applies to the current cycle of packs - They said they're going to phase out the War for the Atlas ones (the set of 4 topping off at 480 bucks) soon, but I don't think they've announced when.

I should contact GGG support and ask them to tally up my account to find out what I've spent over the last 6 years or so.

no don't

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Vasudus posted:

That'll be when they announce the new major expansion with its own packs, right?

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

this is correct

JerryLee posted:

That'll be when they announce the new major expansion with its own packs, right?

Betrayal is both a league and an expansion.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Vasudus posted:

You can view your purchase history from your account profile if you dare (and if the site ever works again)

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

they said they are hoping to replace the war for the atlas packs before the end of the year

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

MMF Freeway posted:

You can view your purchase history from your account profile if you dare (and if the site ever works again)

Last time I looked at that it was mostly listing that I bought x point pack or y supporter pack, not what I actually paid for it in dollars. But maybe it's changed in the last like two years, I don't know.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

everytime i buy a pack i get a private message on the poe site that includes the cost

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I deleted all those messages because I'm OCD about having things in my inboxes :sigh:

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Not that jazzed for betrayal so far, but the hideout changes looks fantastic.

Seconding how good ggg support is. I forgot to get the incursion packs before they took them out of the shop and they worked it out to get me taken care of.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Skyl3lazer posted:

this is correct

Betrayal is both a league and an expansion.

Awesome! posted:

they said they are hoping to replace the war for the atlas packs before the end of the year

Ah, my bad, but so much the better, then.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

I'm not sure catering to "hardcore" players by making trading poo poo is really a good approach to game design. Whelp yes you allowed the people who play a metric fuckton to play a little bit more, but may lose the more "casual" players because of it. Games should be streamlined and get me playing them and not trying to get me to spend tons of time doing stupid little things. Trading, inventory management, coloring sockets, iding gear, map management, key management etc. etc. etc. Some of these may add something to someone, but to me I just want to kill dudes appropriate for my abilities.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Duck and Cover posted:

I'm not sure catering to "hardcore" players by making trading poo poo is really a good approach to game design. Whelp yes you allowed the people who play a metric fuckton to play a little bit more, but may lose the more "casual" players because of it. Games should be streamlined and get me playing them and not trying to get me to spend tons of time doing stupid little things. Trading, inventory management, coloring sockets, iding gear, map management, key management etc. etc. etc. Some of these may add something to someone, but to me I just want to kill dudes appropriate for my abilities.

Please stop trolling this thread....

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Control Volume posted:

Please stop trolling this thread....

I like video games, maybe someone should make a stash management game for you! I mean I'm not sure it'd qualify as being a game but whatever I suppose it could be gamified.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Nov 21, 2018

Andy Dufresne
Aug 4, 2010

The only good race pace is suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die

Duck and Cover posted:

In the original D3 I ended up playing a total of like 15 hours after reaching level cap. I bought up the best gear I could on the auction house (gold, not RMAH), and in that 15 hours I didn't loot a single item better than the poo poo I bought for pennies on the auction house. It really killed the game for me and I quit until RoS (which had its own problems).

If trading in POE were automated a lot more items would be listed. Basically anything currently priced under about 10c would be worthless, not even worth an Alch. A new player would reach level cap and buy shaper viable gear with the currency they earned leveling, completely removing half the incentive to play the game. When they can buy out the Atlas in 10 minutes there goes the other half of the game.

The only way I'd be in favor of an automated trade system is if each listing had an associated fee of at least a couple of chaos.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

... and in conclusion, poe should add the vendor system from Ultima Online. Thank you for coming to my TEDx talk

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Andy Dufresne posted:

In the original D3 I ended up playing a total of like 15 hours after reaching level cap. I bought up the best gear I could on the auction house (gold, not RMAH), and in that 15 hours I didn't find a single item better than the poo poo I bought for pennies on the auction house. It really killed the game for me and I quit until RoS (which had its own problems).

If trading in POE were automated a lot more items would be listed. Basically anything currently priced under about 10c would be worthless, not even worth an Alch. A new player would reach level cap and buy shaper viable gear with the currency they earned leveling, completely removing half the incentive to play the game. When they can buy out the Atlas in 10 minutes there goes the other half of the game.

D3 sucked because the game was bad, although people loved blaming the real money auction house. It probably would have helped if the game had any flexibility with what people wanted. My Witch Doctor totally rocked that two handed dps sword.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Nov 21, 2018

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
If the store was any harder to use they'd need to buff the drops because I have gear that wouldn't have gotten replaced between levels like 50 to 70 without buying something.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
I don't think he can win the 2012 election anymore, but Ron Paul can sure as poo poo become CEO of GGG.

Andy Dufresne
Aug 4, 2010

The only good race pace is suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die

Duck and Cover posted:

D3 sucked because the game was bad, people love blaming the real money auction house.

Can you read?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Andy Dufresne posted:

Can you read?

This is Duck and Cover, it should be well established that he cannot or does not care to read.