Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
I can confirm the Diablo 3 pricing error is real. Said $60 at the shelf, rung up for 17.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Hell yeah. I got scored three copies of Diablo at a different location. The other two are for friends.

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

Dang, all of the Walmart's around me either didn't carry Diablo 3, or were sold out.

Amorphous Abode fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Nov 22, 2018

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Im sursprised they havent caught it yet. I guess its kind of low key, but still its been hours.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

THE loving MOON posted:

Im sursprised they havent caught it yet. I guess its kind of low key, but still its been hours.

I imagine its somethimg coporate has to fix and good luck getting them to do work today

I picked up Doom for 12 bux but walmart was sold out of D3

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Is capt toad digital on sale anywhere?

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Nep-Nep posted:

Another thing that is bad about not supporting the controller is this scenario:

You are playing the game docked and end a session by sleeping the console. You've decided to play something else, so you pick up your pro controller and wake the system. Since the game is still the active app and it does not recognize the pro controller, you can't use the home button to get to the menu to close the game/open something else. Mario Party does this nonsense too, but it is compounded with pokemon let's go if you are using the pokeball controller since that doesn't have a home button, meaning you must detach the joycons or undock your switch just to play a different game. :psyduck:

have you considered pushing home before putting the system to sleep or are you starring in an infomercial

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I imagine its somethimg coporate has to fix and good luck getting them to do work today

I picked up Doom for 12 bux but walmart was sold out of D3

I'm just having a hard time imagining them just allowing undiscounted stock go nationwide for more than 2/3 off when they know that kind of info is gonna spread like crazy. Or maybe we've moved into viral black friday sales, poo poo i dunno :psyduck:

edit: enjoy doom, it rocks

Kevin Bacon
Sep 22, 2010

So I caved into peer pressure and bought Odyssey. I have some notes:

1. It is cool
2. Do I really have to shake my whole Nintendo Switch Entertainment System when playing in handheld mode to do different cool moves?
3. Uncle amiibo is asking me for amiibo. Help.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
My guess is someone is gonna have a REAL bad day at corporate on Monday because I could understand knocking off like 10 bucks or something but D3 just came out on Switch and it wasn't even like a doorbuster or a way to get people in for their sales at 6pm. If it was at my store I could've been in and out in like 5 minutes tops, my walmart was pretty dead.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Kevin Bacon posted:

1. It is cool
2. Do I really have to shake my whole Nintendo Switch Entertainment System when playing in handheld mode to do different cool moves?

1. :yeah:
2. Yes, it is dumb and bad and possibly the only wrong thing about the game
3. :ohdear:

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Kevin Bacon posted:

1. It is cool

i have a bowser you can borrow

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

A while back someone was bitching about Capra Demon, and from my years old memory I was like "oh he's not bad at all, just cheese the dogs blah blah" but now that I'm playing again goddamn he really does suck rear end. Wtf were they thinking with such a terrible boss.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Saw the Switch on sale for $250 on Newegg's Ebay store and caved. I guess I'll have to buy MK8 and Odyssey and BotW and... oh god what have I done?!

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Gonkish posted:

Saw the Switch on sale for $250 on Newegg's Ebay store and caved. I guess I'll have to buy MK8 and Odyssey and BotW and... oh god what have I done?!

You've made an excellent impulse buy.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

Gonkish posted:

It’s the little indie games that loving doom you.

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

Don't worry guys I had to drive kind of far but I got a $17 copy of Diablo 3 :)
Now I can see if this franchise is any good, even though my understanding of it currently is that its a Nethack ripoff where you find progressively better pairs of pants.

Kevin Bacon posted:

1. It is cool

You're gonna go buy an amiibo. Sorry.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

Anyone in canada got price error d3?

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Hand Row posted:

It’s the little indie games that loving doom you.

Oh my god... I didn't even... OH MY GOD, I'M SO SORRY, CREDIT CARD.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

veni veni veni posted:

A while back someone was bitching about Capra Demon, and from my years old memory I was like "oh he's not bad at all, just cheese the dogs blah blah" but now that I'm playing again goddamn he really does suck rear end. Wtf were they thinking with such a terrible boss.

hahaha owned

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

More people, get Diablo so maybe I can find co-op matches.

There’s so much added content to the game that its pretty complicated. So many different modes.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

veni veni veni posted:

Just cheese the dogs

mawlok
Apr 2, 2017

I still cant get over how perfect Diablo is for the switch, I couldn't get into it with the original release on the pc but on the switch I'm over paragon 300.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
I got the Capra demon on my second go, but I was using the zweihander. You can kill the first doggo as it charges at you, dodge and run across, get the other doggo and then its a lot less complicated. God help you if you can't kill them in a single swing with whatever you're rocking

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
There's no better way to target a specific legendary in Diablo other than upgrading a rare item of the same weapon type right? Which requires a ton of Death's Breath? That you can't even get in Greater Rifts?

:negative:

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

veni veni veni posted:

my method's always been that the dude's got bad knees and takes forever to recover from falling off the little platform so I bait him to follow me off it and deal with the dogs/beat on him. you need to break through the Dog Line first though which is easier said than done

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

veni veni veni posted:

The REAL objective is to kill the two dogs first.

Once their dead it's a matter of running up the stairs, having him follow, jumping down from the stairs, and striking him when he jumps down back to the ground. If you ever feel the pressure, repeat this.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Reality Winter posted:

Just cheese the dogs

:lol:

CYBEReris posted:

my method's always been that the dude's got bad knees and takes forever to recover from falling off the little platform so I bait him to follow me off it and deal with the dogs/beat on him. you need to break through the Dog Line first though which is easier said than done

Yeah it's how annoying it is to get around them that is wrecking me. It feels like a 50/50 shot to get a clearing to run around them. That and I don't remember the camera being so terrible in this little room. I pretty much got him on my fourth try and the camera went all bonkers. I'll probably get him in another try or 2 but drat he's annoying as hell.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Nov 23, 2018

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Looper posted:

have you considered pushing home before putting the system to sleep or are you starring in an infomercial

I'm starring in an infomercial where sometimes I think my next session is going to be the same game, and then it is not, and I am minorly inconvenienced in a way that is not a big deal, but it's certainly not unfair to say that if I can wake the system with an incompatible controller for the game that is running, then I should be able to somehow get to the home menu from there.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Kevin Bacon posted:

1. It is cool

you can turn off motion controls and there's only one or two moons you need to switch 'em back on to get. by and large game is completely fine without them

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Lack of Mario Odyssey dlc has to mean a Mario Odyssey 2, right?

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I guess complaining about Diablo worked, the very next try I got the legendary I was looking for :toot: Finally I can progress.

Post your Diablos ITT:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

That’s a good Diablo right there

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

mawlok posted:

I still cant get over how perfect Diablo is for the switch, I couldn't get into it with the original release on the pc but on the switch I'm over paragon 300.

I remember Diablo on PC had one of the worst launches of all time. Online only, aand many people couldnt even play single player. Then the auction house system made it pay to win, and some were paying hundreds for items. And it had far less content. Buggy as hell.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

I mainly got Diablo 3 when it came out because I got a new job in a new city and figured I would just spend a ton of time grinding gear for cash. I think i ended up selling an axe for $24 and nothing else. gently caress the cash auction house.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

ChocNitty posted:

I remember Diablo on PC had one of the worst launches of all time. Online only, aand many people couldnt even play single player. Then the auction house system made it pay to win, and some were paying hundreds for items. And it had far less content. Buggy as hell.

That's the only Diablo I ever experienced.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

ChocNitty posted:

Don't forget that the game intentionally lowered drops for gear your class can actually use to force you into using the auction house.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
I accidentally sold a ring for 2 dollars that I meant to put up for twenty. It was basically the only piece of loot I found worth a poo poo in like a month and a half of playing.

Meanwhile one of my guildies in wow built a nice for the time computer off his profits with some change left over.

I was intrigued at the time by it but boy am I glad that poo poo is gone. It's so much better now.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Your Computer posted:

I guess complaining about Diablo worked, the very next try I got the legendary I was looking for :toot: Finally I can progress.

Post your Diablos ITT:

Very next try at what? Should I be re-rolling my character until I get a good one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Stanos posted:

I accidentally sold a ring for 2 dollars that I meant to put up for twenty. It was basically the only piece of loot I found worth a poo poo in like a month and a half of playing.

Meanwhile one of my guildies in wow built a nice for the time computer off his profits with some change left over.

I was intrigued at the time by it but boy am I glad that poo poo is gone. It's so much better now.

Tons of goons made thousands of dollars off the RMAH. It was basically a golden ticket to anyone with forums access.

Called a Walmart here in Canada just to see, Diablo 3 is scanning at $79.96 CAD like usual. No pricing error up here it seems.