Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

There are a lot of fun hand gestures you can use with this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
The longer Bethesda says nothing the more I feel like maybe pipboy misled me

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Donovan Trip posted:

stay tuned later this week

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Donovan Trip posted:

todds may come and go but the pip boy is eternal

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

The Minutemen tattoo is okay tbh, it's simple enough to not be a big lovely "LOOK AT THIS IT'S FROM A VIDYAGAEM" thing which is what makes most game tattoos so bad. The game sucked though.

Also lol I hope that lawsuit blows through hard, because that's some scummy bullshit.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Yardbomb posted:

The Minutemen tattoo is okay tbh, it's simple enough to not be a big lovely "LOOK AT THIS IT'S FROM A VIDYAGAEM" thing which is what makes most game tattoos so bad. The game sucked though.

Also lol I hope that lawsuit blows through hard, because that's some scummy bullshit.

This is like the people who will only buy WWE shirts if the WWE logo isn't on it.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Magmarashi posted:

Vault 101 was never intended to reopen, ever, and was not a control vault.

Sorry, had a brain fart, that was Vault 8. Source of Vault City.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Rhymenoserous posted:

The game has NPCs just not human ones. It has a wandering vendor ala Fo4 and NV, tons of unique voiced robots that wander around and do things. There shouldn’t be a technical limitation to putting a human shape into those places. They got stuck on a stupid narrative of the human populous being the players, I.e. I take a nuke plant and setup a power core selling business. But lack of server permanence kinda shoots that in the foot. No one knows if lazy bobs discount power cores is going to be on their server or if it’s going to be crazy Jeb the rear end in a top hat who shoots at everyone while yelling racist slurs.

Not having dedicated servers was the dumbest loving idea .

The French robot lady was very nice and helpful when I was level three and I want her to come back so I can give her all my aid items so she can still help protect other children of the wasteland.

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Breaking news

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Sodomy Hussein posted:

This is like the people who will only buy WWE shirts if the WWE logo isn't on it.

Nothing wrong with that really, a big logo or other unavoidable "BTW THIS WAS MADE BY" slapped onto things can take away from the otherwise neat looking thing.

A bunch of videojames tattoos are overdone and tacky to the point they might as well have gotten the little ™ on them, it's more "Get something tasteful, not just MY BRAND", especially if it's something being etched onto your body.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

Crabtree posted:

Could bethesda make a game so terrible that Todd actually gives some rights back to consumers? Tune in to find out. Same Todd Time, Same Todd Channel.

I love big AAA companies loving up so hard that governments actually have to do the right thing for once. EA (hopefully) destroying loot boxes was amazing

Yardbomb posted:

It really does look like a white nationalist tattoo though.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

fallout 76's main story - bad
fallout 4's main story - bad
skyrim's main story - bad
oblivion's main story - bad
fallout 3's main story - bad
morrowind's main story - boring but passable

I bet you could make an argument that the story of Daggerfall was also bad. I was too young to understand the game or even most of its systems. Literally every fighters guild I joined some shorty taken over by a werewolf or something that sent me to another fighters guild.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

On a second look it seems the game was not made in-house, so forget about the 100 devs number, sorry.
This game was not made by the fallout4 guys, but a different studio inside bethesda.

Tei fucked around with this message at 11:51 on Nov 27, 2018

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.

"Tenzarin" posted:

Don't be afraid, he might look scary but he calms right down if you give him a Babe Ruth chocolate bar.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I would have liked Skyrims story but the ending was so tame. You're venturing into the drat viking afterlife to fight an apocalypse dragon. On paper that is loving Cool but in game it was lame as hell

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Please don’t doxx me

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP

Zzulu posted:

I would have liked Skyrims story but the ending was so tame. You're venturing into the drat viking afterlife to fight an apocalypse dragon. On paper that is loving Cool but in game it was lame as hell

Well it's better than Fallout 3 at least. Ontop of all the inconsistencies in the main plot the ending was the icing on the cake.

Literally one of the worst pieces of poo poo ever, and they even had your radiation immune allies comment on how it's your destiny to die an avoidable death instead of just sending one of them in.

Then they undid it with paid dlc.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

KrunkMcGrunk posted:

lol if you're gonna get a video game tattoo, at least get something from a good game

im going to tattoo me the metal gear: solid snake fox hound logo

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Crabtree posted:

Could bethesda make a game so terrible that Todd actually gives some rights back to consumers? Tune in to find out. Same Todd Time, Same Todd Channel.

Bwahahaha, this company is so stupid. They essentially blew up a loophole in their favor because they wanted to save a few cents by not pressing discs. Their legal department is a bunch of morons; even if they win, they just threw away a ton of money in legal expenses and are eating more poo poo PR.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
feels miserable logging off after working on a workshop

also, how am i supposed to stockpile fusion cores with this stash size?

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Rinkles posted:

feels miserable logging off after working on a workshop

Fusion cores are everywhere, just drop the extras to the floor, you only need 2 max.

Conquering a workshop only takes about 10 seconds and 25 caps. If you are building a lot of poo poo, you can break it down or maybe store (i have not tried storing it).

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Tei posted:

Fusion cores are everywhere, just drop the extras to the floor, you only need 2 max.

they burn out too quickly if you don't have a steady supply (i think slightly slower than in 4, though). and right now they are not everywhere. i wouldn't mind if i could combine half drained cores either.

also, bethesda, please allow crafting whilst in PA

(found my first armor schematic!)

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Rinkles posted:

You can store infinite in a power armor frame at zero weight (but they vanish randomly)

Backhand
Sep 25, 2008

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

You can store infinite in a power armor frame at zero weight (but they vanish randomly)

Hahaha, of course they do.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Backhand posted:

Hahaha, of course they do.

My favorite part is I don't have any clue which side of that is the bug.

Is it a bug that you can store fusion cores in the armor in advance and they delete because you shouldn't be able to or are you supposed to be able to and it's a bug that they all randomly vanish occasionally?

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Why not both

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I killed my first Scorchbeast last night.

My party and I were claiming the giant mining thing in the southern part of the state. We were at the very top by the workbench. A scorchbeast rolls by and start attacking. I hid in a pipe and had an idea. I switched to build mode since I was in the vicinity of the workbench. I laid down approximately a dozen turrets. They all started opening fire on the scorch beast. My party and managed to hide ourselves while occasionally taking shots at the scorch beast. Eventually it went down. Thankfully, its corpse landed right in the middle of that long walkway in the middle so we didn't have to climb down to loot it.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Can't believe Fallout 76 has over 600 endings

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Tenzarin posted:

I really like the new mutated monsters that are around. There's a crab that uses a trailer as its shell.
Hermit crabs aren’t new, they were in the Far Harbor DLC for Fallout 4.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I really like these new protectron enemies. And the mr. Handy designs are amazing!

Dollas
Sep 16, 2007

$$$$$$$$$
Clapping Larry
reminder that if you just close the game and reopen it while in a suit of power armor the core resets to 100% (if you haven't exhausted it).

also, easy scorchbeast farm: go to firebase LT, kill the legendary that spawns there, repair turrets, go poke the scorchbeast at the fissure site like 200 yards west of it, collect loot

Dollas fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Nov 27, 2018

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

I believe the only reason people call Morrowind's story good is because it actually uses the setting and the background to its fullest. The first half of the main quest is running around learning about the mythology of the place and even if you ignore it you'll get snippets of it just from osmosis, then the last third is about meeting the very gods you heard so much about and maybe killing them.
Just like Dark Souls.

This is why I'm annoyed every time people complain about the lack of NPCs because I do believe you can make an interesting game without them, letting the environment carry the story since it was always the strongest part in every Bethesda game to begin with.

What I'm saying is, instead of a Rust clone, Fallout 76 should've been a Dark Souls clone.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Dark souls has npcs

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

someone did some math and bobby pins (which used to be weightless in fallout 4) weigh about 0.0015lbs each IRL - but now in fallout 76 they weigh .1 lbs each, meaning 60 bobby pins in fallout 76 weigh the same as a mininuke.

idunno i just thought that was a fun factoid

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
They gave bobby pins weight?!? Are you fuuuuucking kidding me hahahahahahahahah what loving "REALISM" dev thought that dumbshit up

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Also so does Morrowind? Not sure what the point of that example was

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

ZeusCannon posted:

They gave bobby pins weight?!? Are you fuuuuucking kidding me hahahahahahahahah what loving "REALISM" dev thought that dumbshit up

Stimpacks have weight now. 1 pound or whatever unit they use.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4

Rinkles posted:

they burn out too quickly if you don't have a steady supply (i think slightly slower than in 4, though). and right now they are not everywhere. i wouldn't mind if i could combine half drained cores either.

also, bethesda, please allow crafting whilst in PA

(found my first armor schematic!)

At one point I had 24 fusion cores. Im level 40 out of whatever.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4

ZeusCannon posted:

Quoting dis poo poo forever. The weight for stuff just stinks. A ONE POUND stimpack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

I think there's a lot of cool stuff in the game and I'm still enjoying playing through it and think many of the complaints Re: story or gameplay are dumb, but don't feel any real motivation to white knight the game because it's so inexcusably broken.

Like I want tell someone about how the Mistress of Mystery quest is neat but then I log in and none of my active quests are showing and my base is gone and I'm like ahhh nm