Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Look man, I know you mean well. But this thread is 95% people that have never played the game and are just laughing at it. Because a bad game is a funny joke? I guess? I'm having a hard time imagining the type of person that would like, full on belly laugh at the thought of a game being bad. "OMG THERES A BUG LMAAAAAAOOOOOOO" like what?

It's less stressful than watching the news, I needed a break from that. And it is hilarious to watch.

:shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Look man, I know you mean well. But this thread is 95% people that have never played the game and are just laughing at it. Because a bad game is a funny joke? I guess? I'm having a hard time imagining the type of person that would like, full on belly laugh at the thought of a game being bad. "OMG THERES A BUG LMAAAAAAOOOOOOO" like what?

its bad, OP

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Donovan Trip posted:

Bethesda is not a competitive developer anymore. Open World/RPGlite systems are the backbone of every game from Far cry to God of War to RDR to Horizon Zero Dawn. These games are better looking, with better mini games, better characters and combat and writing and design. In every way Bethesda is outdone. As an RPG their games do not compete with cdpr, obsidian, and haven't for a long time. There's just nothing they excel at, and it's becoming very obvious, and they either should hang up their Dev hats or completely overhaul.

Instead they seem hell-bent on puttering along just as they have been.

I think you are vastly underestimating how deep Skyrim is engrained into gaming culture. That's like saying Call of Duty isn't competitive because other people make better games than them. It doesn't matter at this point, they can put out a literally turd in a box and people will pre-order it.

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

they can put out a literally turd in a box and people will pre-order it.

They did

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

Bholder posted:

Games like New Vegas and Witcher 3 are not built around the open world,.

You post a lotta words for someone whose brain dont work pardner

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

I think you are vastly underestimating how deep Skyrim is engrained into gaming culture. That's like saying Call of Duty isn't competitive because other people make better games than them. It doesn't matter at this point, they can put out a literally turd in a box and people will pre-order it.

I congratulate Bethesda Softworks on creating strong brands. I love brands.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

ZING

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Donovan Trip posted:

Bethesda is not a competitive developer anymore. Open World/RPGlite systems are the backbone of every game from Far cry to God of War to RDR to Horizon Zero Dawn. These games are better looking, with better mini games, better characters and combat and writing and design. In every way Bethesda is outdone. As an RPG their games do not compete with cdpr, obsidian, and haven't for a long time. There's just nothing they excel at, and it's becoming very obvious, and they either should hang up their Dev hats or completely overhaul.

At this point even Assassins Creed games have better open world design than Bethesda games lol

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

But Black Ops 4 is a really good game and has been really well received. People preorder CoD games because they're good at what they do - fast paced, fluid fps combat with engaging progression systems.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

ZeusCannon posted:

You post a lotta words for someone whose brain dont work pardner

Sorry you enjoy the worst parts of those games

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Bholder posted:

Lmao

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Bholder posted:

Shut up dickhead.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

I will admit to actually laughing out fuckingnloud at the idea of this garbage having a 2 hour debuff. I was truly not expecting that level of dumb to be hidden in the poo poo pile.

Also trainwrecks are fun

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
The main reason people ignore the main quest for so long in Bethesda games is that their main quests are all bad. They suck rear end.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Regarde Aduck posted:

Shut up dickhead.

Its ok his brain doesnt work

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Feels Villeneuve posted:

The main reason people ignore the main quest for so long in Bethesda games is that their main quests are all bad. They suck rear end.

Yet they can have fun, how come?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Bholder posted:

Probably because fun is completely subjective. I have played lots of games that were bad but also fun. I had fun with Dead Space 3 which was a lovely rear end game. I would never recommend that game except if someone specifically wanted "some trash to play co-op while talking with friends on voice chat"

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Bholder posted:

Im just asking questions folks. Its just a question. It may not seem like a good question but thats because my brain doesnt work.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Probably because fun is completely subjective. I have played lots of games that were bad but also fun. I had fun with Dead Space 3 which was a lovely rear end game. I would never recommend that game except if someone specifically wanted "some trash to play co-op while talking with friends on voice chat"

Bethesda have been making trash games people enjoy for thousands of hours for 20 years, they must be doing something right.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Bholder posted:

Bethesda have been making trash games people enjoy for thousands of hours for 20 years, they must be doing something right.

They have strong branding and for a while were the only ones doing the specific gameplay loop that they're known for. There are now games that do open world games much better than Bethesda. Bethesda Softworks is bad. They make bad games but have strong IPs and marketing.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Donovan Trip posted:

This is a good post :five:

what does bethesda do anymore that other games don't do infinitely better? The graphics suck,the engine sucks,the story and dialogue was never upto par with interplay's fallout 1 and 2.

The gunplay sucks,melee sucks.

Fallout 3 was my first and i have fond memories of it (which will stay memories cause im sure it won't hold up)then i became addicted to f1 and f2 and i thought new vegas was ok but didn't have quite the same atmosphere of f3 even if mechanically it was a better game.

never played 4,will never play this.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

my first experience with a bethesda game was the original morrowind on the original xbox eating my save 45 hours in, at which point i handed the disc to my buddy and told him to take it away
i still bought oblivion
i still bought skyrim
i still bought fo3
i still bought fo4
i still bought fo76

its me, im the lovely consumer
who cares

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Bholder posted:

And yet somehow the worst part of those games are still orders of magnitude better than the best offered in 76.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Bholder posted:

Bethesda have been making trash games people enjoy for thousands of hours for 20 years, they must have been doing something different before this trashpile came out. Because whoo boy talk about not fun

FTFY

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

what does bethesda do anymore that other games don't do infinitely better?

Again, the open world.

Unless you love monotonous minigames and collectibles, then sure, Ubisoft does them better...

browsers castle
Dec 27, 2011

boar guy posted:

my first experience with a bethesda game was the original morrowind on the original xbox eating my save 45 hours in, at which point i handed the disc to my buddy and told him to take it away
i still bought oblivion
i still bought skyrim
i still bought fo3
i still bought fo4
i still bought fo76

its me, im the lovely consumer
who cares

Yeah, but you had fun, right!?

BillyC
Feb 19, 2013

everythin' under heaven is in utter chaos, cloud

Bread Liar
I laughed at the game. Am I history's greatest monster?

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

browsers castle posted:

Yeah, but you had fun, right!?

absolutely
edit: also fo4 is the only one of those games i played to an ending

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Bholder posted:

Again, the open world.

Unless you love content...

Im just gonna keep translating these from broke brain so people who have critical thinking skills wont get confused

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

This is a good post :five:

what does bethesda do anymore that other games don't do infinitely better? The graphics suck,the engine sucks,the story and dialogue was never upto par with interplay's fallout 1 and 2.

The gunplay sucks,melee sucks.

Fallout 3 was my first and i have fond memories of it (which will stay memories cause im sure it won't hold up)then i became addicted to f1 and f2 and i thought new vegas was ok but didn't have quite the same atmosphere of f3 even if mechanically it was a better game.

never played 4,will never play this.

Thank you for sharing your opinion, or rather other peoples opinions, about a game you haven't played.

browsers castle
Dec 27, 2011

boar guy posted:

also fo4 is the only one of those games i played to an ending

This is the best point, anyone who saw the end of a Bethesda game doesn't get it.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

ZeusCannon posted:

Im just gonna keep translating these from broke brain so people who have critical thinking skills wont get confused

lol if you think Ubisoft games have content

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Bholder posted:

Again, the open world.

Unless you love monotonous minigames and collectibles, then sure, Ubisoft does them better...

Never played any assasins creed games so...

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Truly there is nothing in the world of gaming as rich an experience as walking around a dungeon and picking up crafting trash. Only Bethesda could provide such an experience.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
It should be noted. Let no one give you poo poo for enjoying a bad game. People enjoy bad movies and crappy music and whatever its subjective.

That being said this game is objectively trash on almost any critical scale. And trashing the devs because they created a big old steaming pile of i dont understand games / fallout / ui is also acceptable and super fun

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Thank you for sharing your opinion, or rather other peoples opinions, about a game you haven't played.

You're so welcome,person who doesn't have eyes and can't see that fallout 76 is *gasp* bad.

lol.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Bholder posted:

lol if you think Ubisoft games have content

Lmao

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
This thread is more fun than Fallout 76 simply because it isn't boring

Its getting pretty annoying seeing commentary on the conversation itself in this thread. All in all the fallout 76 conversation is around 100+ pages, the rest is about the series as a whole because we're nerds on a nerdy forum. This has been a general Bethesda thread, because there are lots of opinions about a 30 year running dev studio.

I don't know why it's hard to understand, if you think you are the one non nerd in this thread I think you should self reflect a bit then on why it's so hard for you to follow the flow of a conversation. Quit being a whiny bitch about what people post or how much

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Think about how much nerd poo poo you have to know to be amused by something like "well this game franchise compared to this game franchise?! LOL" Feel shame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Rinkles posted:

good to know, thanks (the perk's actually called batteries included just fyi)

I'm also in the middle of making another character to try to stack up the weight reduce perk cards but my attention is being called away so I might be doing it slowly. Trying out Thru-hiker and saving like 70+ pounds on food and drinks. If you could work in traveling pharmacy in str along with junk rat, you could really save on alot of weight.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Nov 27, 2018