Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

campfire
Feb 19, 2008

Snoo Zertnert

drat i hate when my twitter tweets embarrass the democratic party

campfire posted:

rest in peace to a true american statesman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

lmao

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

i didnt eat any nuts all november

An Apple A Gay
Oct 21, 2008

campfire posted:

tag urself im however many millennia of civilization convinced making GBS threads on other people is The Way

i'm using an ember to light this jay

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Addamere posted:

what even is the capitalist reasoning against universal basic income since more money in the hands of the poor means more money spent buying things from the rich and thus more total profit

fygm

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Yeah, but hear me out here: if you give me a little of what you have, I'll turn around and spend it on making your numbers go up even more.

campfire
Feb 19, 2008

Snoo Zertnert

Addamere posted:

what even is the capitalist reasoning against universal basic income since more money in the hands of the poor means more money spent buying things from the rich and thus more total profit

class reasoning, poor are scum and the fact they drive the economy is incidental

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

here’s my reasoning bhtic = more money for me, gently caress you

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Addamere posted:

if you give the proles something for free, they’ll become lazy and their minds and bodies will wither away and waste; therefore, by subjecting them to the absolute crusher that is capitalism, I am actually doing them a favor

it’s for their own good, they don’t know any better, unlike me: a paragon of human potential and passion.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Rudy has no friends lol

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's kind of like when you do circle-jerk kickbacks with your friends, but instead it's actually creating profit.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Addamere posted:

Yeah, but hear me out here: if you give me a little of what you have, I'll turn around and spend it on making your numbers go up even more.

Nonsense, the poor are poor because of their morals failings and must be punished lest they fall into sloth. Look at me, I came from humble means of having an owned house and inherited wealth and am now a millionaire! I I can rise from practically nothing so can they

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
[EXT. HEAVEN]

KENNEDY: I errr ahhh wonder who will be next to ahh join us.

SADDAM: I hope it is an elder statesman and we can talk about politics.

NORIEGA: And someone who can party!

[Bush enters.]

ALL: awwwwwwwwwwwwwkwaaaaaaaard!

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Addamere posted:

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
read my lips no new respiration

campfire
Feb 19, 2008

Snoo Zertnert

... to be privy to the cryptofascist neopagan Nordic initiation rituals carried out by the tech elite at Burnt Man,.,.. well that would be Cathartic

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

lol

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

campfire
Feb 19, 2008

Snoo Zertnert

tag urself im the coopted countercultural festival

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Michael Cohen's three clients: Donald Trump, Sean Hannity, Elliot Broidy

campfire
Feb 19, 2008

Snoo Zertnert

at least erowid is still not corporate and has the same layout they've had since 2004

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

:mrapig:

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

omg they're not going to actually have tumepr deliver the eulogy, are they?

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/michaelkruse/status/1068839051883700224

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-o9gf_soFBM

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

crazy cloud posted:

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Joementum posted:

[EXT. HEAVEN]

KENNEDY: I errr ahhh wonder who will be next to ahh join us.

SADDAM: I hope it is an elder statesman and we can talk about politics.

NORIEGA: And someone who can party!

[Bush enters.]

ALL: awwwwwwwwwwwwwkwaaaaaaaard!

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

oh no hw is dead

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Always good to have a reminder that Trump has always been a jingoist rear end in a top hat

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

crazy cloud posted:

:thurman:

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Always good to have a reminder that Trump has always been a jingoist rear end in a top hat

Does any of that fuzzy thinking exist around the Trump office?
On a much lower level, I would never hire anybody who thinks that way, because he has absolutely no common sense. He's living in a world of make-believe. It's like thinking the Titantic can't sink. Too many countries have nuclear weapons; nobody knows where they're all pointed, what button it takes to launch them. The bomb Harry Truman dropped on Hiroshima was a toy next to today's. We have thousands of weapons pointed at us and nobody even knows if they're going to go in the right direction. They've never really been tested. These jerks in charge don't know how to paint a wall, and we're relying on them to shoot nuclear missiles to Moscow. What happens if they don't go there? What happens if our computer systems aren't working? Nobody knows if this equipment works, and I've seen numerous reports lately stating that the probability is they don't work. It's a total mess.

An Apple A Gay
Oct 21, 2008

campfire posted:

at least erowid is still not corporate and has the same layout they've had since 2004

t r i p r e p o r t

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

lol nobody in china knows about tiananmen square what rubes

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

I've never seen a bird

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

im glad this meme is speaking truth to power, letting the good word out, so people know, birds are not real, every bird is fake, there are no birds

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

TRUMP: this isn’t going to end (except for george hw bush)

campfire
Feb 19, 2008

Snoo Zertnert

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

campfire
Feb 19, 2008

Snoo Zertnert

An Apple A Gay posted:

t r i p r e p o r t

i used to have the burnouts gang tag so im p cool