Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

frajaq posted:

Can someone give the cliff notes about Delve and Incursion stuff? Just read that they're gonna be in this one as the new Masters associated with it

They are the new masters and are primarily found in maps and their quests are their league mechanics

E: lol oh you mean the mechanics thenselves

mbt fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Dec 1, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Incursion: There's a big pyramid vaal temple in the past. Alva will send you to one room at a time to fight stuff in a randomly chosen room. If you kill one of two bosses in that room before time runs out, you either cause the room to upgrade a tier (max 3) or change to a completely different tier 1 room. Also mobs can drop keys that unlock the passages between rooms. After you do a set number of these Alva takes you to the finished temple and you get to clear it out, each room gives a different bonus and if you connected all the way to the top you can fight a boss for some more loot.

Delve: Infinitely proc-gen dungeon that you need fuel to explore. Has its own set of resources and upgrades to improve your ability to delve deeper, and introduced fossils which are an extremely powerful method of crafting. Has some unique boss encounters as you go deeper, but is somewhat limiting of viable builds the deeper you go.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

dyzzy posted:

Incursion: There's a big pyramid vaal temple in the past. Alva will send you to one room at a time to fight stuff in a randomly chosen room. If you kill one of two bosses in that room before time runs out, you either cause the room to upgrade a tier (max 3) or change to a completely different tier 1 room. Also mobs can drop keys that unlock the passages between rooms. After you do a set number of these Alva takes you to the finished temple and you get to clear it out, each room gives a different bonus and if you connected all the way to the top you can fight a boss for some more loot.

Delve: Infinitely proc-gen dungeon that you need fuel to explore. Has its own set of resources and upgrades to improve your ability to delve deeper, and introduced fossils which are an extremely powerful method of crafting. Has some unique boss encounters as you go deeper, but is somewhat limiting of viable builds the deeper you go.

Interesting, thank you!

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
I'm curious as to how totem limits will work if you have two totem skills, one with the Multiple Totems support and one without. Would you be able to cast the non-Multi skill up to the max number of totems, then cast the Multi Totems skill once to get two additional totems?

If so, then this gem has some serious potential.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

DaveWoo posted:

I'm curious as to how totem limits will work if you have two totem skills, one with the Multiple Totems support and one without. Would you be able to cast the non-Multi skill up to the max number of totems, then cast the Multi Totems skill once to get two additional totems?

I'd expect that. It's how it already works with searing bond and the like

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~

DaveWoo posted:

Oh that's interesting. If it works like that, your average melee build could plop down a warchief and then 2 decoy or protector totems without needing any sources of +max totems except the gem.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

Mentat Radnor posted:

Oh that's interesting. If it works like that, your average melee build could plop down a warchief and then 2 decoy or protector totems without needing any sources of +max totems except the gem.

Or spell totem builds can make use of, for example, wither totems without losing a DPS totem.

Maha
Dec 29, 2006
sapere aude
Looking to make some kind of Arc for my second ever character, does anyone have suggestions (preferably guides) for a tried-and-true build?

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Maha posted:

Looking to make some kind of Arc for my second ever character, does anyone have suggestions (preferably guides) for a tried-and-true build?

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1147951

Xeras
Oct 11, 2004

Only a few find the way, some don't recognize it when they do - some... don't ever want to.

Maha posted:

As mentioned Enki's is pretty good for self cast. Both totems and mines use arc usually so if you were ok with those playstyles they will end up stronger usually.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Could I get a guild invite on Shocktotz? Trying to get in before the new league.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
Still looking for a guild invite for MrTorgueFuneralDirector. Friday's going to be an interesting day with both Betrayal and the new Smash coming out.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Grimoire posted:

ED/Cont is complicated for a very first build, so you should be good for any starter build out there.

If you like chaos/degen and wanna try out bows my suggestion would be a toxfinder with scorpion friend like so https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2211905 .

Awesome, toxic rain seems fun and good and cool. Granted I haven't gotten CI yet, what makes ED/Cont hard? I just ED and then Cont and everything dies, even stuff the next room over if I'm lucky.

LeninVS
Nov 8, 2011

Not sure what build I want to start with this time.
The cold skill reworks look pretty cool and iv got a sweet frostbolt skin.
Anyone aware of a good frostbolt build? It's got some neat interactions now.

But the new skills also look sweet.
But I also want to try a MF character or RF again.

Oh man I'm going to make 100characters this league

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Hey I'm probably not gonna play from end of delve until finals are over the next wednesday, does that mean im gonna get kicked?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

StashAugustine posted:

Hey I'm probably not gonna play from end of delve until finals are over the next wednesday, does that mean im gonna get kicked?

If you dont log in at all, yeah. Log in every now and then to be safe.

Grimoire
Jul 9, 2003

DisgracelandUSA posted:

Awesome, toxic rain seems fun and good and cool. Granted I haven't gotten CI yet, what makes ED/Cont hard? I just ED and then Cont and everything dies, even stuff the next room over if I'm lucky.

Mostly bossing at the map level and above as well as managing CI. I tended to hit a wall in early maps due to lack of damage scaling, but that was several leagues ago so YMMV

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.
Bossing with Essence Drain is very slow, but doable. If you reach endgame and want to scale your damage as hard as you can you can try to go low-life with Pain Attunement and Shavronne's Wrappings or you can respec more substantially into an Indigon variant.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

DisgracelandUSA posted:

toxic rain and a quill rain pairs very nicely with herald of agony

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Stop, I can only get so hard

https://twitter.com/pathofexile/status/1068961682788016128

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
when the intern skips the line and becomes a lead developer

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font
What's that item in the craft slot?

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Is that the EB helm they showed earlier? idk

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer

That new shield(?) has neat looking art.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Probably that new hat with EB built in from the looks of it.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

it would be cool if i could just have the whole tab name be the icon. as is its of minimal usefulness to me i think

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
Lol at 72 mirrors. For real that is a nice quality of life addition.

What's the feather next to the breach shard?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

albino rhoa feather

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
How much can GGG take a dump on Blizzard.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

This new unique if anyone else had to look it up like me

Applebee123
Oct 9, 2007

That's 10$ for the spinefund.
Could be interesting with any kind of quill rain build + blightwell. That mod basically makes blightwells downside disappear.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I had to think really hard about what in the gently caress Blightwell was before having to finally look it up on the wiki. Of course it's a Talisman unique.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/pathofexile/status/1068981053690236928

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Well, it's different

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
GREATER Volley? So I guess Reach finally has its 4 extra projectiles back. Also, more base damage. You do wind up dealing less damage due to the gem's penalty though...

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
You also end up having the projectiles fire in a line which may or may not be either a mechanical problem or preference problem depending on what skill you're using.

It's good at least that GGG is trying to get more diverse bow choices out there. Probably won't change much though.

Optikalusion
Feb 21, 2007
The better you look the more you see
I'm gonna come back for the next league after being out since the rework. Could I please get a guild invite on FootAndMouthDisease ?

Rajas
Jun 13, 2010
Going to be here for Betrayal. Could I get a guild invite. IGN : Mythologies

Grimoire
Jul 9, 2003

Captain Foo posted:

toxic rain and a quill rain pairs very nicely with herald of agony

As a side note "the modifiers to projectile damage apply to DoT" part of the skill is some real nice poo poo if you choose to scale the DoT, as opposed to the build I posted which uses it as a poison vector and debuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artificial Idiocy
Jul 11, 2008

Vasudus posted:

You also end up having the projectiles fire in a line which may or may not be either a mechanical problem or preference problem depending on what skill you're using.

It's good at least that GGG is trying to get more diverse bow choices out there. Probably won't change much though.

Yeah I mean all these bow reworks moving them to around 300pdps definitely makes them viable options to get decent damage on the cheap, but on Reach specifically having to link the bow instead of a chest reduces its value for that purpose. Though I guess it makes a 4link bow a decent early clear skill option with single target on the chest.