Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
I honestly kinda hope they nerf how easy it is to get out of trespassing, you can do so many silly things with it now :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

where the red fern gropes posted:

ok so i know SA isn't ruined by a bunch of stuff now (like trespassing or suspicious) but what about the challenges? is the silent assassin challenge still voided by suspicious NPCs? not the score at the end.
It doesn't seem to void the challenges, but it will void the "Do Not Get Spotted" complication if you are spotted or caught for any reason during a contract.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Nalesh posted:

I honestly kinda hope they nerf how easy it is to get out of trespassing, you can do so many silly things with it now :v:
People who catch you trespassing should take your photo, and guards should frisk you on top of that.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Ghost Leviathan posted:

My Marrakesh SASO was a bit ridiculous. Explosives were involved. Also the toilet kill.

I exploited guard weapon pathing to get through the garage. Drop a weapon, use the radio or the like to draw a guard and as they walk by the storage room bonk them on the noggin.

Lethal poison on the plate and electrified railing got me an easy SASO.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

A Buttery Pastry posted:

People who catch you trespassing should take your photo, and guards should frisk you on top of that.

Honestly even just a simple thing as not giving up a search after 2 seconds after you saw a bald dude in a suit sprint into the restricted area would be enough. Like just have them call another guard or two and do a basic search of the restricted area.

Rookoo
Jul 24, 2007
Is it even possible to do the master sniper assassin challenge from the water tower in colorado? I've got a silenced rifle and the entire compound homes in on me after two kills.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Rookoo posted:

Is it even possible to do the master sniper assassin challenge from the water tower in colorado? I've got a silenced rifle and the entire compound homes in on me after two kills.

Yes. Shoot someone, drop the rifle, slide down the ladder and chill out until they stop searching.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

StashAugustine posted:

actually i figured out an insanely easy way to take out knox's bodyguard: when knox is overlooking the floor exhibit his guard will rest on the other side of the door with the elevator shaft under the laptop. if you turn on the faucet it will most likely attract the bodyguard, and there's even a closet right there. notably if you start by the dolphin statues, run up through the bridge area (lockpicking the gate) you'll show up with just enough spare time to get him here. Anyway it feels good to get sniper assassin and SASO on the same mission on master

i turned this into a video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uc02_rgaqns

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

A Buttery Pastry posted:

That's why you bring a 5mm.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Only bad thing about this video is that you didn't do the dolphin exit :v:

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

where the red fern gropes posted:

thank you for testing this

I still really really want to find out if he says anything - I need to get the tube of paint placed and get back to him in time.

Also I want to track him to the Maelstrom meeting. I love this dumb assassin, he's fun to play with.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

StrixNebulosa posted:

I still really really want to find out if he says anything - I need to get the tube of paint placed and get back to him in time.

Also I want to track him to the Maelstrom meeting. I love this dumb assassin, he's fun to play with.

try dropping a couple of weapons on the ground so he fetches guards

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

I sold a mate on hitman and he discovered this in the elusive target version of the kronstadt research garage/loading area.

I kind of wish it had won instead as it would have made for a more useful item than the pen. That said, at least the Pen is entertaining.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

i should probably try the pen.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

Oh nice, 30k free exp

now that i have most of the fun stuff unlocked in Miami, i should probably play this level for real

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Is Krugermeier just completely inaudible?

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Nah, extremely low range though, maybe 2m at most?

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!
I really hope they do more stuff with Hawkes Bay because it's such a cool little level. My favorite SASO on it so far was sedating them in the shower and pistoling her through the roof window. When he wakes up he's gonna be so confused as to why his ladyfriend got a hole in her head.

I had another incredibly ballsy SASO where I shurikened her in the head while her boy was preparing a drink, and managed to drag her out of the main room and into the garage to hide her body before anybody turned around.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

can you break open the thing on top of the safe room or what. its highlighted in hitman vision but shooting it a bunch doesnt do anything

Lollerich
Mar 25, 2004

The little doctors are back,
they want to play with you!

double nine posted:

I sold a mate on hitman and he discovered this in the elusive target version of the kronstadt research garage/loading area.

I kind of wish it had won instead as it would have made for a more useful item than the pen. That said, at least the Pen is entertaining.

It's the same as Napoleon blownapart

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Yeah, I voted for pen just because it was the only one that seemed functionally unique. All 3 were cool.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
If the headphones had won and it didn't count as a "fiber wire" kill for the challenges, like the measuring tape does not, I would have been so pissed lol

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

but Napoleon Blownapart is a kill, the robot is a flashbang

Lollerich
Mar 25, 2004

The little doctors are back,
they want to play with you!

Dabir posted:

but Napoleon Blownapart is a kill, the robot is a flashbang
Yeah I didn't read that part properly, you're right

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Why did they keep so many contracts-only challenges in Hokkaido?

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

:stare: 10/10 game lmao
spoilers for a miami secret exit that isn't the mascots
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_WPd8FZldA&t=252s

csm141
Jul 19, 2010

i care, i'm listening, i can help you without giving any advice
Pillbug
I completed Master SASO on all 12 maps and then was kinda disappointed that one of the rewards was a cool looking briefcase.

Until I figured out that you can bring an item within a briefcase, and that I never even tried to bring a briefcase because I had assumed it was useless given that agency pickups come in a briefcase. I thought the empty briefcase took up a whole slot.

:wave: it's me, i'm dumb

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Rookoo posted:

Yes, it is possible to do it from the water tower without hiding between shots, but you must be very precise in where you shoot from and when.

Despite it seeming like no one can "see" you, there are in fact magical invisible eyes pointed in your direction when you take sniper shots and these are what can ruin things for you. You need to get all the kills quickly and in sequence (relocating after shooting Berg and Graves), then immediately leave the water tower area and wait somewhere that is not near where any of the targets were shot (or where you shot from) until the alert ends. The bushes in the orchard are probably the best spot.

After that you will need to get into the house and access the 3D printer and tornado shelter, which I can't help with as such other than what I do in the video, but it's entirely possible to do it while taking all shots from the tower. Note the cool use of the EMP though for camera recorder killing!

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Super No Vacancy posted:

can you break open the thing on top of the safe room or what. its highlighted in hitman vision but shooting it a bunch doesnt do anything

It's supposed to blow open from bullet damage, I seem to recall it being inexplicably invulnerable until lockdown occurred.

I always wondered about Colorado, can you drag Rose's body down to the basement and use it to get through the door?

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

DalaranJ posted:

It's supposed to blow open from bullet damage, I seem to recall it being inexplicably invulnerable until lockdown occurred.

I always wondered about Colorado, can you drag Rose's body down to the basement and use it to get through the door?

Yes. There’s also a challenge for it, and depending on your route it can actually be easier in some SASO runs since you don’t have to go upstairs and dance around the hackers. He stands right by the doorway to the basement in one part of his route.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Yes, when he stands by the grandfather clock he's right next to the interior basement door. Just don't kill him with his watch if you intend to drag him somewhere :downs:

Ripper Swarm
Sep 9, 2009

It's not that I hate it. It's that I loathe it.

DalaranJ posted:

The Hawkes Bay roof thing might follow the rules for shooting open locked doors so a silenced pistol may not be strong enough?

Grenades definitely work, there's some conveniently located in the safe room and no one to hear them explode at the start so that's my choice!

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Bakanogami posted:

Yes. There’s also a challenge for it, and depending on your route it can actually be easier in some SASO runs since you don’t have to go upstairs and dance around the hackers. He stands right by the doorway to the basement in one part of his route.

Yeah, I killed Rose using the grandfather clock since none of the non-targets seem to notice that distraction, so it seemed like it might be pretty easy.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.

Chief Savage Man posted:

I completed Master SASO on all 12 maps and then was kinda disappointed that one of the rewards was a cool looking briefcase.

Until I figured out that you can bring an item within a briefcase, and that I never even tried to bring a briefcase because I had assumed it was useless given that agency pickups come in a briefcase. I thought the empty briefcase took up a whole slot.

Well I didn't know that either. Thank you for making me a fraction less dumber.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

the rooftop thing near the alma saferoom requires 3 shots of any pistol to open.

e: or one shot from a shotgun like the one found inside the saferoom.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

Chief Savage Man posted:

Yeah, it's a mobile drop point that you can fit anything into. It's pretty OP in certain situations.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

like when you want a sniper rifle and silenced assault rifle and go to town on the paris map for example.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

I think the counterbalance to the mighty case is that no disguise is allowed sniper rifles?

Finally, level 20 in Hokkaido. Now I can have fun there.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
Should be noted that you can't put everything in a briefcase, a lot of large melee items (like axes and things) don't seem to fit, and I really wanted to put dumb things in there like the torch in sgail, but that won't go in either. Guns seem to all be fair game though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!
You also, unfortunately, can not stuff 47 into the case and have security carry him into other parts on the map while remarking on how heavy it is.

Not even if you wear the clown suit.