Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Best thing is to get someone to powerlevel your alts to 30 so they can carry more poo poo and use them as mules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
well the actual best thing is to throw away all that poo poo you're not using and don't need, but second best is that yeah sure

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Radiohead71 posted:

Is there any way to increase your stash beyond 150? I thought I read that making 2 more toons would increase the stash size but that didn't work.
I seem to have some weird expansion stash that I have yet to use, but Psion is right. Aggressively consolidate mods between all your load-outs.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

Shumagorath posted:

I seem to have some weird expansion stash that I have yet to use, but Psion is right. Aggressively consolidate mods between all your load-outs.

Expansion stash is for caches that you get at the end of last stand, skirmish, or survival games but would cause your character's inventory to overflow. I don't think you can do activities that transfer you to separate servers until you empty the expansion stash.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.

Psion posted:

well the actual best thing is to throw away all that poo poo you're not using and don't need, but second best is that yeah sure

BUT WHAT IF I NEED THESE 99 PHOENIX DOWNS??

Severed
Jul 9, 2001

idspispopd
Is it just me or are there hardly any players in PVE Survival on PC? I'm tempted to try it on Xbox One to see if the player base is larger. Its just not quite as fun when you're not competing for resources with other players.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Severed posted:

Is it just me or are there hardly any players in PVE Survival on PC? I'm tempted to try it on Xbox One to see if the player base is larger. Its just not quite as fun when you're not competing for resources with other players.

Last time I played I was getting at most 4 other people in a game so its probably even less than that now. Just end of life, really.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Depends on the time of day. Early morning there's hardly anyone ever. Haven't tried in a few weeks now though

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

Severed posted:

1-6 players at off peak times, 16-24 during peak. I usually play before 6am bc I just want to do 1 sesh and get the weekly done.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

- Holiday cache will launch December 6th and end on January 10th.
- Vanity collection caches will be launching at the same time, you will only be able to get the cosmetic vanity collections from them.
- The Mark 1 to 4 caches will be decommissioned on the 10th of January, you will only be able to purchase the non collection vanity items/emotes they contain via the premium store.

Jusupov fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Dec 3, 2018

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Good thing I completed all 1-4 gear collections, only need 1 santa piece and I'm done.

I still need to do the survival shield but I don't like to play it alone.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Oh yeah here's the news link
https://tomclancy-thedivision.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/news-updates/340872/encrypted-collection-cache-arrives-in-the-division

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Does anything tell you if you’ve gotten everything from a cache besides exhaustively checking a list?

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

No idea. I only checked outfit sets, I know that I miss a good bunch of emotes but they're drat rare that I'm not bothering farming fragments to get them. I'm at a point that basically 9 out of 10 Mark I-IV caches will give me items I already own and maybe missing some backpack skins (they all look bad).

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
The worst thing to see when opening caches

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
I'm trying to build up another PvP set as 6pc Lone Star is a bit of a glass canon even with Self-Preserved. Do I want to run Banshee, Striker or Predator or some 3/1/1 or 3/2/0 + Ninjabike setup assuming Bullfrog and House (both Accurate + Responsive)?

I usually run Survivor link for the flexibility to either run or engage, but is Recovery Link objectively better in any way? Usually if I'm in the DZ I have 1-2 teammates so Nomad is out, but Nomad + Recovery users are what gives us the most trouble.

Radiohead71
Sep 15, 2007

Shumagorath posted:

I'm trying to build up another PvP set as 6pc Lone Star is a bit of a glass canon even with Self-Preserved. Do I want to run Banshee, Striker or Predator or some 3/1/1 or 3/2/0 + Ninjabike setup assuming Bullfrog and House (both Accurate + Responsive)?

I usually run Survivor link for the flexibility to either run or engage, but is Recovery Link objectively better in any way? Usually if I'm in the DZ I have 1-2 teammates so Nomad is out, but Nomad + Recovery users are what gives us the most trouble.

I still haven't switched over to 6pc classy Striker, but will probably do so soon. Here is what I am looking at

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGg1VS8ysS0
https://division-builds.com/build/404-9k-stam-striker

Not sure if the 6-6 or 4-9 would be better for PVP. I will probably go the 6-6 route myself.

I also liked the look of this Predshee build but I don't know if I have all the classified pieces (for Banshee)

https://division-builds.com/build/3818-predshee-6k

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Do not use Banshee for pvp unless you're in a group.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Maybe it’s just me but the only gun damage builds that never felt like glass cannons were Nomad and pre-nerf Striker. Nomad is pretty much the only thing you could say has true solo survivability now. Unless I was in a group with a good box then everything felt like it would kill me quickly no matter what my stats were.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I have three characters to do daily caches and stuff and I don't bother using Striker if I'm doing PvE in the DZ. I rather use Nomad, D3, Lonestar, Tac or even my Sentry to kill NPCs fast since the striker healing is no good anymore even for PvE.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Outbreak is back tomorrow 11/6.

Also the Holiday caches and new Collection caches will be available.

Jusupov posted:

- Holiday cache will launch December 6th and end on January 10th.
- Vanity collection caches will be launching at the same time, you will only be able to get the cosmetic vanity collections from them.
- The Mark 1 to 4 caches will be decommissioned on the 10th of January, you will only be able to purchase the non collection vanity items/emotes they contain via the premium store.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Btw if you actually care about the vanity Collections, the opening the Collection caches from the store will shower you with key fragments over and over until you get all the stuff you want. I opened boxes for like 15 minutes just with the free 4 keys from the Shield cache until I completed the Nomad vanity set. Unfortunately the Santa suit stuff is not included in that cache.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

There, I finally beat The Division.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

Roman posted:

Btw if you actually care about the vanity Collections, the opening the Collection caches from the store will shower you with key fragments over and over until you get all the stuff you want. I opened boxes for like 15 minutes just with the free 4 keys from the Shield cache until I completed the Nomad vanity set. Unfortunately the Santa suit stuff is not included in that cache.

When I was opening holiday caches yesterday I got a gold key fragment reward worth 10 fragments, so a free cache, in other words. The Santa suit pieces are still really rare (since they're all gold rarity), but I want to make sure I get them all this year before diving into the collection caches.

I wish next week would get here sooner though because I have a ton of GE credits burning a hole in my pocket and I need classified tactician pieces. It seems like every time Blackout comes around I can't find time to play, but this time will be different.

I fixed up my Reclaimer set for queueing into legendary missions with randoms because you really need a dedicated healer. The last encounter in Madison Field Hospital is pretty frustrating because you're constantly being disrupted so your support station is offline for the most part. I like the concept of it where it's four First Wave agents (and possibly a Hunter) against four Second Wave agents, but I just wish they couldn't spam disrupts so much.

Rubicon
Dec 16, 2005
Al bisogno si conosce l'amico
I haven't played in a while, but GE credits can be saved from GE to the next GE?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Rubicon posted:

I haven't played in a while, but GE credits can be saved from GE to the next GE?

Yes. It doesn’t matter now but a good strategy before was to hoard GE credits once you got the gear you wanted. Then when the next GE came, you could immediately buy those caches and save yourself some time grinding later.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Rubicon posted:

you can bank up to 10k GE credits for use whenever you want, yes

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

Psion posted:

you can bank up to 10k GE credits for use whenever you want, yes

Tired: Banking 10k GE credits for the next GE
Wired: Holding onto 120 Survival/Last Stand/Skirmish caches to bank another 20k GE credits

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

The high end Santa suit drops are not that rare, compared to other high end clothes. I must have opened 60 caches before I found the bell emote and got tons of Santa duplicates during that.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Kibayasu posted:

The high end Santa suit drops are not that rare, compared to other high end clothes. I must have opened 60 caches before I found the bell emote and got tons of Santa duplicates during that.

I was missing one clothing item from last year, the hat. I got it in a single cache.

I think I'll stop here because I don't have 59 more keys :v:

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Psion posted:

I was missing one clothing item from last year, the hat. I got it in a single cache.

I think I'll stop here because I don't have 59 more keys :v:

Actually it was probably way more than 60 caches. I got a lot from duplicates and just the straight fragment drops. The pool for the holiday caches actually isn’t that deep. I started with 88 caches and ended with 39 when I got the bell.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

The new mask is a reverse of the flag of Washington DC. Neat.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Kibayasu posted:

Actually it was probably way more than 60 caches. I got a lot from duplicates and just the straight fragment drops. The pool for the holiday caches actually isn’t that deep. I started with 88 caches and ended with 39 when I got the bell.

how hard did you key grind back in the day, geez

I really like the new set completion cache. I've gotten some nice pieces out of it.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I just never used them until now. Buying slightly different patterns of green pants doesn’t interest me at all. Santa suit though? Sign me up.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

MarcoStyle is going to Massive this week to record Divison 2 PVP gameplay but won't be able to share any of it until January. I was hoping for some new info on *anything* this month but I wouldn't hold your breath.

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
What's with the morphine drip esque marketing strategy for this game?

Kwosge
Dec 6, 2005

Lincoln-fish, the most powerful of all the Lincoln based animals.
Anyone want to do survival later today? I need to kill 2 more hunters for the shield.

On PC

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Any word on the next GE? I had no interest in Final Measure so I made a PvE Lone Star load-out. If I'm reading wikis right only one GE has ever had Banshee?

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Shumagorath posted:

Any word on the next GE? I had no interest in Final Measure so I made a PvE Lone Star load-out. If I'm reading wikis right only one GE has ever had Banshee?
scroll up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Blackout is the one with shock ammo, right? Are the GE cache sets always the same for a given event?