Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

uvar
Jul 25, 2011

Avoid breathing
radioactive dust.
College Slice
Glass half full: There's proven potential for in a drive-through.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Protocol7 posted:

I'd like to tell you all a story about a restaurant in Denver called The Hornet.

Just this year, The Hornet has had three separate cars crash into the front of the store. Pictured above is #3, who crashed into The Hornet a few days ago.

The Hornet is on Broadway and 1st, both two very straight streets in Denver.

In short, the moral of the story is: Denver.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
I'd still suspect there's something fuckity with that intersection.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Looks like a pretty average intersection to me.

https://www.google.com/maps/@39.7185339,-104.9875362,3a,75y,160.73h,85.15t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sYVl-aUldhVTawzXfiSmNEg!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

People just drunk/texting/stupid.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

uvar posted:

Glass half full: There's proven potential for in a drive-through.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Protocol7 posted:

I'd like to tell you all a story about a restaurant in Denver called The Hornet.

Just this year, The Hornet has had three separate cars crash into the front of the store. Pictured above is #3, who crashed into The Hornet a few days ago.

The Hornet is on Broadway and 1st, both two very straight streets in Denver.

In short, the moral of the story is: People still can't drive.

Somebody plowed through a hipster diner near here. When they reopened, they put all the broken glass on display, installed a 3000lb concrete planter in front of the window, and held a social media contest for a gift card to driving school.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Somebody plowed through a hipster diner near here. When they reopened, they put all the broken glass on display, installed a 3000lb concrete planter in front of the window, and held a social media contest for a gift card to driving school.

That's hilarious. If I were the owner of The Hornet I'd definitely be installing some kind of barrier, maybe even plain old bollards.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

I always like to see someone with enough sense to stop behind 20' from someone stopped at an intersection with their reverse lamps lit up. Gives me hope.

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

It took probably 4 cars driving into that starbucks before they installed the jersey barriers. They used to have a metal guard rail, but that didn't do much....

Granted it is a weird jog in the road, but its pretty easy to see.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

slurry_curry posted:

It took probably 4 cars driving into that starbucks before they installed the jersey barriers. They used to have a metal guard rail, but that didn't do much....

Probably should have done a Michigan left before the Jersey barrier.

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.

slurry_curry posted:

Granted it is a weird jog in the road, but its pretty easy to see.

?? All I see are messages from my mom?

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

From the shadenfreud thread:

https://imgur.com/cMNlApD

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Day Man posted:

From the shadenfreud thread:

https://imgur.com/cMNlApD

https://i.imgur.com/cMNlApD.mp4

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Shitheads turning left that camp in the middle of a single lane instead of hugging the line so people can get by/turn right are scum and can gently caress off forever.

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

Thanks!

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
This year's crop of people crashing in minimal snow videos has begun to trickle in.

https://www.facebook.com/nick.schneider.777/videos/10215636030047459/

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Javid posted:

This year's crop of people crashing in minimal snow videos has begun to trickle in.

https://www.facebook.com/nick.schneider.777/videos/10215636030047459/

Anecdotal but holy hell every drat day I read about a semi doing something like that.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

Here, I would call that fine. Courteous, even. They signaled. If you don't drive like that, no one lets you in. Typically using your turn signal to indicate that you want to change lanes is a losing move because people will close gaps instead of making space. Like the cop did.

I think people in Cincy are just jerks.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
I'm also of the opinion the cop was outta line. Be a courteous driver.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Cop was definitely a dick but someone being a dick doesn't give a person license to stuff their car into a nonexistent hole.

Accept you gonna miss your turn and come up with a plan B. :shrug:

tuna
Jul 17, 2003

I agree people should be courteous, and the cop probably was wrong in not opening a gap. But that person indicated for about 4 seconds before deciding to just force their way into a non existent gap. Indicating for 4 seconds doesn't give you the right of way, it wasn't that urgent.

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Impasses like this seen on a public roadway are rarely just one parties' fault.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
There are very fine people on both sides of the dashed line.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Make Merging Great Again

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Oh and no doubt they were both dummies. That was an unnecessary squeeze into a tight gap but the gap was there and all the cop had to do was slow down a bit. I do it every day. Occasionally I’m the gap pusher but in a more justifiable way

NoWake
Dec 28, 2008

College Slice
:siren:lock em up:siren:

sleepy.eyes
Sep 14, 2007

Like a pig in a chute.
Was waiting in a dual left turn lane, red Charger next to me on the inside. After a few minutes of waiting the Charger gets tired of waiting and makes a u turn on red. He makes it about 100 feet before the light changes, but by the time he turns around again it's red again. The guy must be pretty frustrated because he does it again and this time just goes roaring off the way he stared going in the first place.

Made me chuckle.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

While I see stupid poo poo every day I forgot about the Miata or whatever the gently caress it was in front of me with no bumper, one tail light, and no chmsl.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

Colostomy Bag posted:

While I see stupid poo poo every day I forgot about the Miata or whatever the gently caress it was in front of me with no bumper, one tail light, and no chmsl.

Weight savings, my man. Who needs auxiliary car parts when you just need an engine, some wheels, and some steering? Hell, you don't even need steering.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Protocol7 posted:

Weight savings, my man. Who needs auxiliary car parts when you just need an engine, some wheels, and some steering? Hell, you don't even need steering.

Yeah, my bad.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Who are the people you share the road with? :iiam:

https://twitter.com/DJTrev252/status/1072022607346745345

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
a member of the "just put your head down and power through" school of drunk hit and run thought

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
not getting a resolution is so unsatisfying

Flint Ironstag
Apr 2, 2004

Bob Johnson...oh, wait

nsaP posted:

not getting a resolution is so unsatisfying

That trail will end somewhere. Hopefully we get to find out.

NoWake
Dec 28, 2008

College Slice

Flint Ironstag posted:

That trail will end somewhere. Hopefully we get to find out.

I'm betting the trail was brake fluid, judging by the wheel (feat. complete hub assembly) discarded at the curb. Probably explains why he kept veering to the right, too.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Someone singled out the most perfect part:

https://twitter.com/olliiviiiaaa1/status/1072341814919745538

borkencode
Nov 10, 2004
Yeah I expected it to end with the fluid trail leading to a car parked just down the street with the right side all hosed up.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

There's like a pint of brake fluid in the whole car. That's transmission fluid from the half shaft getting ripped out with the wheel. That or motor oil from the pan getting smacked after losing the wheel.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Someone on that street has video of that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PremiumSupport
Aug 17, 2015
Thanks for that, the commentary has me giggling uncontrollably, and all my co-workers are looking at me funny. :cheers: