Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

rabidsquid posted:

so its like a saga game?

Sakurazuka posted:

It's literally a Saga game with the serial numbers filed off and a bunch of Saga people worked on it.

I was talking about Resonance of Fate and not Last Remnant but this almost applies to both equally. :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Im hootin and hollerin and honkin a truck horn

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Kilometers Davis posted:

Is it possible to have two Sony headsets going at the same time on the PS4? I’m hopefully getting the Platinums for Christmas and it would be real dang radical if the lady and I could watching movies and whatnot together with wireless headphones.

Theres a p1/p2 switch built in to the power button
3 clicks: off-p1-p2

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Real hurthling! posted:

Theres a p1/p2 switch built in to the power button
3 clicks: off-p1-p2

On the Gold headset I have (og set) there’s only off-standard profile-custom game profile.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Kilometers Davis posted:

On the Gold headset I have (og set) there’s only off-standard profile-custom game profile.

Oh maybe that's what it does then i only have one of them and just assumed

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Ok I completed Astro Bot. Fantastic game! I want a plushie of that lil dude.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Feels Villeneuve posted:

i dont want to spend the money for the persona dancing game so someone recommend me a different rhythm game where i can play as a dancing cat (not a catgirl)

if you want bemani-style 'piano' gameplay (4/5/6/8 buttons) and enjoy a weird eclectic mix of kpop and dance and electro, DJ Max Respect

if you want jpop, jrock, vocaloids, and steps based more on vocals, Project Diva Future Tone

both have an absolute shitload of tracks, even without the DLC

no dancing cats (except for some of the DJ Max videos)

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

RE: Resonance of Fate, my absolute favorite part of that game is when you leave the starting town and get access to the world map, the tutorial area is completely 180 degrees in the opposite direction of where the story tells you to go. I remember for a long while the thread for that game was mostly people saying "how the gently caress do I play this game" because there is zero tutorial unless you go looking for it and spend an hour talking to a living instruction manual.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Escobarbarian posted:

Just in case people don’t believe me about that I know I won’t do well in Celeste I’m currently dangerously close to ragequitting on the final boss of Astro Bot which is basically for children

I don't even know where someone could get stuck on that boss tbh.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The loving ninja stars!!!!!!

tbh the boss before took me more tries with those loving lobsters or whatever they were

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHt3FyE-VIQ

Starting now if anyone's tryin to watch

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Gotta know who wins the coveted greatest influencer award.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Oh cool we're gonna get a deluxe edition of the Stanley parable.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Kilometers Davis posted:

Are you enjoying it? I honestly really love the art style of it.

I didn't shell out the $60 for it, a roommate did, so I can't say if I'd have the same opinion if I did, but yeah it's pretty fun. Its only real problems are more technical then gameplay, like there's a lot of little bits where walking from one area to another will trigger a ~15 second freeze while it loads, and you can actually see a lot of split second pop in. One area in the hollows crashed on me three times. It is fairly short, but I still got like 20 hours out of it. So if anything I'd say it's a solid $40 game, but if you end up liking it, you'll probably be fine at $60.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Oh great, they actually ARE going to make a Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3, which I thought was never going to happen, but it's a Switch exclusive.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

FlamingLiberal posted:

Oh great, they actually ARE going to make a Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3, which I thought was never going to happen, but it's a Switch exclusive.

Only for 2019

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

spoiler alert: it's a living nightmare as usual

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Anora posted:

I didn't shell out the $60 for it, a roommate did, so I can't say if I'd have the same opinion if I did, but yeah it's pretty fun. Its only real problems are more technical then gameplay, like there's a lot of little bits where walking from one area to another will trigger a ~15 second freeze while it loads, and you can actually see a lot of split second pop in. One area in the hollows crashed on me three times. It is fairly short, but I still got like 20 hours out of it. So if anything I'd say it's a solid $40 game, but if you end up liking it, you'll probably be fine at $60.

Hm seems fun but not something I have to play ASAP. Maybe it’ll be cheap next summer sale.

Ineffiable posted:

Oh cool we're gonna get a deluxe edition of the Stanley parable.

It’s a shame The Beginner’s Guide isn’t coming too, that was an incredible experience. Everyone should play The Stanley Parable though for sure. The dude makes really good, special games.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Tbh these use to be poo poo shows but I think they get better every year. Their stage this year is beautiful

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

beep by grandpa posted:

Tbh these use to be poo poo shows but I think they get better every year. Their stage this year is beautiful

nope still terrible sorry

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Not sure what you're even expecting but okay!

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
I'll just wait for the trailer reviews for the new games tomorrow. This is painful to watch.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

beep by grandpa posted:

Not sure what you're even expecting but okay!

absolutely nothing

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Thanks, I didn't see that it was a timed exclusive

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

https://twitter.com/RiffVues/status/1070547465030549504?s=19

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Judging by the new Anthem trailer, it looks like they threw Gears of War into the blender with Destiny and Iron Man suits

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

FlamingLiberal posted:

Judging by the new Anthem trailer, it looks like they threw Gears of War into the blender with Destiny and Iron Man suits

It looks so bad i cant believe

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
That new Obsidian game holy poo poo yes please

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Escobarbarian posted:

That new Obsidian game holy poo poo yes please
Yeah since we can't have a nice Fallout game I guess we'll just have to have that

Fifteen of Many
Feb 23, 2006
What is happening on my screen right now

:dogbutton:

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
A gay, black, furry, is the best e-sports player in the world.

....... :stare:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Sonic fox goat.

Bo jackson of fgs.
Cancer story coked up laughing dude

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
borderlands up soon?

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I just watched actor comedian joel mchale give an award to a black gay furry man who was best at playing video games and with that ladies and gentlemen 2018 is a wrap!

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Fifteen of Many posted:

What is happening on my screen right now

:dogbutton:
eSports are loving weird

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

obsidian are making an actual video game
thank you

KongGeorgeVII
Feb 17, 2009

Flow like a
harpoon
daily and nightly.
So I bought a PS4 to play RDR2, finished that and got DS3 and finished that just the other day. I've ordered God of War which should be deliverer by Tuesday but I just got gifted a bunch of games from my dad so now I need to decide what I'm going to play next. So help me decide goons, out of this list what would you play first?

NieR: Automata
Horizon Zero Dawn
Shadow of the Colossus
Prey
Dishonoured 2

That's roughly the order I was thinking, but I hear Shadows is fairly short so I could try to power through it before God of War arrives and then play that instead of committing to a longer game like NieR. I usually try to finish a game before I switch to something new because I have a bad habit of never coming back to a game after a hiatus. If you had to choose, what would order would you go for?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Augus posted:

obsidian are making an actual video game
thank you

And its a new vegas reskin
:woop:

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Fallout: New Vegas 2, after House successfully took us to space.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

KongGeorgeVII posted:

So I bought a PS4 to play RDR2, finished that and got DS3 and finished that just the other day. I've ordered God of War which should be deliverer by Tuesday but I just got gifted a bunch of games from my dad so now I need to decide what I'm going to play next. So help me decide goons, out of this list what would you play first?

NieR: Automata
Horizon Zero Dawn
Shadow of the Colossus
Prey
Dishonoured 2

That's roughly the order I was thinking, but I hear Shadows is fairly short so I could try to power through it before God of War arrives and then play that instead of committing to a longer game like NieR. I usually try to finish a game before I switch to something new because I have a bad habit of never coming back to a game after a hiatus. If you had to choose, what would order would you go for?

Sotc if you never played it. Its not a long game