Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

quote:

Now listen, you rich people, weep and wail because of the misery that is coming on you. 2 Your wealth has rotted, and moths have eaten your clothes. 3 Your gold and silver are corroded. Their corrosion will testify against you and eat your flesh like fire. You have hoarded wealth in the last days. 4 Look! The wages you failed to pay the workers who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord Almighty. 5 You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves in the day of slaughter. 6 You have condemned and murdered the innocent one, who was not opposing you.

9 Believers in humble circumstances ought to take pride in their high position. 10 But the rich should take pride in their humiliation—since they will pass away like a wild flower. 11 For the sun rises with scorching heat and withers the plant; its blossom falls and its beauty is destroyed. In the same way, the rich will fade away even while they go about their business.

12 Then Jesus entered the temple and drove out all who were selling and buying in the temple, and he overturned the tables of the money changers and the seats of those who sold doves. 13 He said to them, “It is written,

‘My house shall be called a house of prayer’;
but you are making it a den of robbers.”

quote:

1 When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his throne in heavenly glory.
32 All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats.
33 He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.
34 Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world.
35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in,
36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’
37 Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink?
38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you?
39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’
40 The King will reply, ‘I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.’
41 Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.
42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink,
43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’
44 They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’
45 He will reply, ‘I tell you the truth, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’
46 Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”

quote:

And the crowds asked him, “What then should we do?” 11 In reply he said to them, “Whoever has two coats must share with anyone who has none; and whoever has food must do likewise.”

quote:

Ecclesiastes 5:10 Whoever loves money never has enough; whoever loves wealth is never satisfied with their income. This too is meaningless.

Luke 16:14 The Pharisees, who loved money, heard all this and were sneering at Jesus He said to them, “You are the ones who justify yourselves in the eyes of others, but God knows your hearts. What people value highly is detestable in God’s sight.”

Luke 12:15 Then he said to them, “Watch out! Be on your guard against all kinds of greed; a man's life does not consist in the abundance of his possessions.”

quote:

Ephesians 5:5 For of this you can be sure: No immoral, impure or greedy person-such a man is an idolater-has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God

quote:

Proverbs 14:31 Whoever oppresses the poor shows contempt for their Maker, but whoever is kind to the needy honors God.

quote:

Hear this, you who trample the needy, to do away with the humble of the land, saying, "When will the new moon be over, So that we may sell grain, And the sabbath, that we may open the wheat market, To make the bushel smaller and the shekel bigger, And to cheat with dishonest scales, So as to buy the helpless for money And the needy for a pair of sandals, And that we may sell the refuse of the wheat?" The LORD has sworn by the pride of Jacob, "Indeed, I will never forget any of their deeds."

quote:

If you lend money to My people, to the poor among you, you are not to act as a creditor to him; you shall not charge him interest.

Now in case a countryman of yours becomes poor and his means with regard to you falter, then you are to sustain him, like a stranger or a sojourner, that he may live with you. 'Do not take usurious interest from him, but revere your God, that your countryman may live with you. 'You shall not give him your silver at interest, nor your food for gain.

When you reap the harvest of your land, moreover, you shall not reap to the very corners of your field nor gather the gleaning of your harvest; you are to leave them for the needy and the alien. I am the LORD your God.'"

Jesus was a revolutionary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
ya it is

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
No it's not and anyone who claims to be both is a hypocrite and a profligate.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
hail Satan, though

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

quote:

Luke Chapter 4

14 Jesus returned to Galilee in the power of the Spirit, and news about him spread through the whole countryside.
15 He was teaching in their synagogues, and everyone praised him.
16 He went to Nazareth, where he had been brought up, and on the Sabbath day he went into the synagogue, as was his custom. He stood up to read, 17 and the scroll of the prophet Isaiah was handed to him. Unrolling it, he found the place where it is written:
18 “The Spirit of the Lord is on me, because he has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners and recovery of sight for the blind, to set the oppressed free,
19 and to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor.”
[That's the motherfucking Jubilee Year, bitches.]
20 Then he rolled up the scroll, gave it back to the attendant and sat down. The eyes of everyone in the synagogue were fastened on him. 21 He began by saying to them, “Today this scripture is fulfilled in your hearing.”
22 All spoke well of him and were amazed at the gracious words that came from his lips. “Isn’t this Joseph’s son?” they asked.
23 Jesus said to them, “Surely you will quote this proverb to me: ‘Physician, heal yourself!’ And you will tell me, ‘Do here in your hometown what we have heard that you did in Capernaum.’”
24 “Truly I tell you,” he continued, “no prophet is accepted in his hometown.
25 I assure you that there were many widows in Israel in Elijah’s time, when the sky was shut for three and a half years and there was a severe famine throughout the land.
26 Yet Elijah was not sent to any of them, but to a widow in Zarephath in the region of Sidon.
27 And there were many in Israel with leprosy[g] in the time of Elisha the prophet, yet not one of them was cleansed—only Naaman the Syrian.”
28 All the people in the synagogue were furious when they heard this.
29 They got up, drove him out of the town, and took him to the brow of the hill on which the town was built, in order to throw him off the cliff.
30 But he walked right through the crowd and went on his way.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
depends on a given christian's stance re: the trinity. if you actually worship and seek to emulate jesus, then yeah, obviously capitalism is incompatible with your beliefs, which are (mostly) sound. But if you believe Jesus and the Father are the same being, and you still worship them, then regardless of what Jesus said you're worshiping the thing that told its followers to

Deuteronomy 20:10-18, NIV posted:

10 When you march up to attack a city, make its people an offer of peace. 11 If they accept and open their gates, all the people in it shall be subject to forced labor and shall work for you. 12 If they refuse to make peace and they engage you in battle, lay siege to that city. 13 When the Lord your God delivers it into your hand, put to the sword all the men in it. 14 As for the women, the children, the livestock and everything else in the city, you may take these as plunder for yourselves. And you may use the plunder the Lord your God gives you from your enemies. 15 This is how you are to treat all the cities that are at a distance from you and do not belong to the nations nearby.

16 However, in the cities of the nations the Lord your God is giving you as an inheritance, do not leave alive anything that breathes. 17 Completely destroy[a] them—the Hittites, Amorites, Canaanites, Perizzites, Hivites and Jebusites—as the Lord your God has commanded you. 18 Otherwise, they will teach you to follow all the detestable things they do in worshiping their gods, and you will sin against the Lord your God.

and anybody who earnestly worships that thing can gently caress right off and gently caress off good

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
getting dangerously close to a commie ned flanders thread... its a good thing he's not able to see c-spam :D

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
liberation theology ftw

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

OP is correct and Constantine was a filthy murderous heathen

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
christianity has never been more than the severely malleable principles needed to keep the ruling classes in power op

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Mel Mudkiper posted:

christianity has never been more than the severely malleable principles needed to keep the ruling classes in power op

This isn't true

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

Mel Mudkiper posted:

that's just organized religion in general my dude

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Lawman 0 posted:

This isn't true

when has there ever been a time when faith hasn't been subservient to power

Plank Walker posted:

well yeah

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lawman 0 posted:

This isn't true

correct, there were a handful of years where christianity was just an apocalyptic cult of jewish ascetics, before paul

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
No system of morals is compatible with capitalism though

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

ikanreed posted:

No system of morals is compatible with capitalism though

also true

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

1994 Toyota Celica posted:

depends on a given christian's stance re: the trinity. if you actually worship and seek to emulate jesus, then yeah, obviously capitalism is incompatible with your beliefs, which are (mostly) sound. But if you believe Jesus and the Father are the same being, and you still worship them, then regardless of what Jesus said you're worshiping the thing that told its followers to

and anybody who earnestly worships that thing can gently caress right off and gently caress off good

What if I told you those people were all rich?

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

Plank Walker posted:

This is such a lazy excuse. It's the "not all white men!" of religious defensive language.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

reminder that the doctrine of every major branch of christianity was decided by a bunch of male power brokers in a room once

pushpins
Sep 11, 2006

Title text (optional; no images are allowed, only text)
Looks like they are blending well together OP

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

People asked Jesus if it was moral to pay their taxes to Rome since Rome did so many immoral things and he pretty much said, yeah earthly institutions pretty much are what they are, give to them what they're asking of you and give to me what I'm asking of you.

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

Koishi Komeiji posted:

This is such a lazy excuse. It's the "not all white men!" of religious defensive language.

i didn't mean it as an excuse. just to point out that the religion based on following a dude who preached non-violence and giving to poor being used to prop up capitalism and imperialism is caused by the "organizational" side, not the "religious"

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

General Dog posted:

People asked Jesus if it was moral to pay their taxes to Rome since Rome did so many immoral things and he pretty much said, yeah earthly institutions pretty much are what they are, give to them what they're asking of you and give to me what I'm asking of you.

he also said throw away all your earthly possessions and roam the desert but for some reason people don't seem to be too keen on that part

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

For the "Trump is great because can say Merry Christmas again!" crowd:

bearded jew communist posted:

Matthew 6

1 “Be careful not to practice your righteousness in front of others to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven.

2 “So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. 3 But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, 4 so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

5 “And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. 6 But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. 7 And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words. 8 Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.

And for the "bitcoin can only go UP UP UP!" crowd, same chapter:

mexican kid held in a detainment camp that so called Christians defend to the death posted:

19 “Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. 20 But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. 21 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

22 “The eye is the lamp of the body. If your eyes are healthy,[c] your whole body will be full of light. 23 But if your eyes are unhealthy,[d] your whole body will be full of darkness. If then the light within you is darkness, how great is that darkness!

24 “No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money.

Feldegast42 has issued a correction as of 18:04 on Dec 7, 2018

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

quoting the bible to show why christians aren't following christianity is pointless because christians dont read the bible

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

I could really do this all day, so here is an oldie but goodie:

The Parable of the Good Samaritan posted:

25 On one occasion an expert in the law stood up to test Jesus. “Teacher,” he asked, “what must I do to inherit eternal life?”

26 “What is written in the Law?” he replied. “How do you read it?”

27 He answered, “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind’[a]; and, ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’”

28 “You have answered correctly,” Jesus replied. “Do this and you will live.”

29 But he wanted to justify himself, so he asked Jesus, “And who is my neighbor?”

30 In reply Jesus said: “A man was going down from Jerusalem to Jericho, when he was attacked by robbers. They stripped him of his clothes, beat him and went away, leaving him half dead. 31 A priest happened to be going down the same road, and when he saw the man, he passed by on the other side. 32 So too, a Levite, when he came to the place and saw him, passed by on the other side. 33 But a Samaritan, as he traveled, came where the man was; and when he saw him, he took pity on him. 34 He went to him and bandaged his wounds, pouring on oil and wine. Then he put the man on his own donkey, brought him to an inn and took care of him. 35 The next day he took out two denarii[c] and gave them to the innkeeper. ‘Look after him,’ he said, ‘and when I return, I will reimburse you for any extra expense you may have.’

36 “Which of these three do you think was a neighbor to the man who fell into the hands of robbers?”

37 The expert in the law replied, “The one who had mercy on him.”

Jesus told him, “Go and do likewise.”

Keep in mind that the Samaritans were treated like poo poo similar to how Mexican immigrants or Palestinians were treated, but he was the only one who did something compared to the priests and scholars of the day.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/hurricane-harvey-texas-lakewood-church-shut-flooding-mosques-open-a7917521.html posted:

A megachurch in Houston closed its doors in the aftermath of Hurricane Harvey, which has caused catastrophic flooding and forced thousands to leave their homes.

An announcement on Facebook said Pastor Joel Osteen’s Lakewood Church had shut due to the storm and asked people to pray for those affected.

“Lakewood Church is inaccessible due to severe flooding! We want to help make sure you are safe,” the post read.

It included a list of resources for those affected by the storm, including the addresses for temporary shelters.

But some responded sceptically to the Facebook post, questioning why one of the largest churches in the US - including a 16,000-seat arena - was not able to take in victims of Harvey.

Emily Timbol, an author who has written critically about homophobic views among conservative Christians, tweeted: “It doesn't make sense why you're not opening up your mega church to house Houston citizens, help me understand that. Jesus.”

Others criticised televangelist Mr Osteen for not opening up his $10 million home in the upscale area of River Oaks to those desperately seeking shelter.

“Shame on Joel Osteen,” one person tweeted. “Jesus would open the doors and care for the needy.”

Mr Osteen responded to the criticism in a statement quoted by ABC and the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

“We have never closed our doors. We will continue to be a distribution center to those in need. We are prepared to house people once shelters reach capacity. Lakewood will be a value to the community in the aftermath of this storm.”

Others pointed out that mosques in the region are still open and offering people shelter, including the Islamic Society of Greater Houston’s 21 centres.

“If you went to @JoelOsteen's church for shelter & found it closed, don't worry, the Islamic Society of Greater Houston's 21 mosques are open,” the @altNOAA account posted on Twitter.

More than 3,000 people have been rescued in Houston and the surrounding area since the storm hit, with many still waiting to be picked up.

At least nine people are reported to have died as a result of Hurricane Harvey, the worst storm to strike the US in 12 years.

Who is the true neighbor in this news article?

Feldegast42 has issued a correction as of 18:15 on Dec 7, 2018

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

If someone made a party or coalition built on advancing socialism with a christian core you'd probably have the start of a serious left wing revolution in the united states and probably start making serious loving headway in places liberals write off as lost causes for non-klansmen but seriously if someone comes along who can preach and live it, Christian socialism is a potential key to pushing America left but sadly the extant left can't seemingly do anything but try to one up each other with contempt and sick burns for faith and faithful.

Should really try the thing that would snatch voters away from an abusive regressive christian right and put them on a path that would be better for everyone but no gotta make sure everyone knows youre a trot and that gods not real

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

"The poor will always be with you."

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

basic hitler posted:

If someone made a party or coalition built on advancing socialism with a christian core you'd probably have the start of a serious left wing revolution in the united states and probably start making serious loving headway in places liberals write off as lost causes for non-klansmen but seriously if someone comes along who can preach and live it, Christian socialism is a potential key to pushing America left

a whole hell of a lot of this

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

basic hitler posted:

If someone made a party or coalition built on advancing socialism with a christian core you'd probably have the start of a serious left wing revolution in the united states and probably start making serious loving headway in places liberals write off as lost causes for non-klansmen but seriously if someone comes along who can preach and live it, Christian socialism is a potential key to pushing America left but sadly the extant left can't seemingly do anything but try to one up each other with contempt and sick burns for faith and faithful.

Should really try the thing that would snatch voters away from an abusive regressive christian right and put them on a path that would be better for everyone but no gotta make sure everyone knows youre a trot and that gods not real

The average Russian in 1917 was a hell of a lot more religious than the modern American and somehow the Bolsheviks still got into power by focusing on the real world

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

Christianity is probably gonna die a quiet death within the next couple centuries regardless of the economic paradigm and I say that as a lapsed catholic

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

The bolsheviks were trash and everything they did stunted the development of an effective socialism and shouldn't be like, cited as something to emulate in any fashion

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

basic hitler posted:

The christians were trash and everything they did stunted the development of an emulating christ and shouldn't be like, cited as something to emulate in any fashion

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

basic hitler posted:

Its this. Left wing Christianity was at the core of the abolitionist movement, the labor movement, and the civil rights movement. Lincoln wove christian parables and imagery in his speeches during the Civil War, and as we all know, MLK was a pastor. Named after the OG shitposter, no less.

Lincoln's Second Inaugural Address posted:

At this second appearing to take the oath of the Presidential office there is less occasion for an extended address than there was at the first. Then a statement somewhat in detail of a course to be pursued seemed fitting and proper. Now, at the expiration of four years, during which public declarations have been constantly called forth on every point and phase of the great contest which still absorbs the attention and engrosses the energies of the nation, little that is new could be presented. The progress of our arms, upon which all else chiefly depends, is as well known to the public as to myself, and it is, I trust, reasonably satisfactory and encouraging to all. With high hope for the future, no prediction in regard to it is ventured.

On the occasion corresponding to this four years ago all thoughts were anxiously directed to an impending civil war. All dreaded it, all sought to avert it. While the inaugural address was being delivered from this place, devoted altogether to saving the Union without war, insurgent agents were in the city seeking to destroy it without war—seeking to dissolve the Union and divide effects by negotiation. Both parties deprecated war, but one of them would make war rather than let the nation survive, and the other would accept war rather than let it perish, and the war came.

One-eighth of the whole population were colored slaves, not distributed generally over the Union, but localized in the southern part of it. These slaves constituted a peculiar and powerful interest. All knew that this interest was somehow the cause of the war. To strengthen, perpetuate, and extend this interest was the object for which the insurgents would rend the Union even by war, while the Government claimed no right to do more than to restrict the territorial enlargement of it. Neither party expected for the war the magnitude or the duration which it has already attained. Neither anticipated that the cause of the conflict might cease with or even before the conflict itself should cease. Each looked for an easier triumph, and a result less fundamental and astounding. Both read the same Bible and pray to the same God, and each invokes His aid against the other. It may seem strange that any men should dare to ask a just God's assistance in wringing their bread from the sweat of other men's faces, but let us judge not, that we be not judged. The prayers of both could not be answered. That of neither has been answered fully. The Almighty has His own purposes. "Woe unto the world because of offenses; for it must needs be that offenses come, but woe to that man by whom the offense cometh." If we shall suppose that American slavery is one of those offenses which, in the providence of God, must needs come, but which, having continued through His appointed time, He now wills to remove, and that He gives to both North and South this terrible war as the woe due to those by whom the offense came, shall we discern therein any departure from those divine attributes which the believers in a living God always ascribe to Him? Fondly do we hope, fervently do we pray, that this mighty scourge of war may speedily pass away. Yet, if God wills that it continue until all the wealth piled by the bondsman's two hundred and fifty years of unrequited toil shall be sunk, and until every drop of blood drawn with the lash shall be paid by another drawn with the sword, as was said three thousand years ago, so still it must be said "the judgments of the Lord are true and righteous altogether."

With malice toward none, with charity for all, with firmness in the right as God gives us to see the right, let us strive on to finish the work we are in, to bind up the nation's wounds, to care for him who shall have borne the battle and for his widow and his orphan, to do all which may achieve and cherish a just and lasting peace among ourselves and with all nations.[7]

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

clearly we need a Bolshevik Christ figure

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

basic hitler posted:

I am trying to imagine the level of ignorance/optimism it would take to believe the christian right would be willing to embrace leftism if they tied it to Christianity

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I am trying to imagine the level of ignorance/optimism it would take to believe the christian right would be willing to embrace leftism if they tied it to Christianity

you don't really have to, as they aren't really Christian in any form or function, just aesthetic and lip service

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

Religious socialism has been tried in America and it doesn't work because people who are more wedded to their religion than material conditions are inherently reactionary hth

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

The average American christian uses religion as a constant self-assurance they are a good person while perpetuating disastrous economic and environmental collapse

We are a deeply faithless nation, our Gods are not made of morals but of power

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

Mel Mudkiper posted:

You won't get the entire Christian right (not that you would want it), but you can get the people who have spiritual beliefs and have been alienated by how openly and flauntingly corrupt the evangelical church has been these past 50 years. As in the civil rights movement, Christian values got a lot of racists to flip sides and redeem themselves.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

We are a deeply faithless nation, our Gods are not made of morals but of power

:same:, which is why the left needs to push a set of morals and values that aren't the worship of wealth and power. Christianity can be a part of that.