Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013

JcDent posted:

Probably a silly question, but when you hire Hive Scum in Necro, do you need to buy their equipment with your credits, or is the "up to 60 credits" is something of an allowance that comes with buying a Scum?

Bit late, but my recollection is you do need to buy their equipment with your credits and you don't get to keep it? Which is partly why the (fully equipped) preset scum/bounty hunter characters are so much more expensive.

It's part of why hiring in outside help is widely held to be a poor decision in new-Necromunda, I think. Interesting to see if they will change that in the revised rulebook? Not sure how sweeping any changes will be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Ashcans posted:

Didn't GW shut down their official forums because it was more or less a perpetual garbage fire and too much trouble for them to deal with? Possibly that's just what I reconstructed from trying to use them at the time and not an official line.

Yep. It was an extremely toxic community that GW just kind of let fester, so it kept getting worse. The reason the modern FB pages are better is that 1) GW are arguably a better company who are listening to the community; 2) are actively moderating; and 3) are redirecting the vitriol through humor or actual (semi)helpful responses.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
can I get some anecdotal takes on how AT is doing?

thinking of getting into it but not if its dying

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Moola posted:

can I get some anecdotal takes on how AT is doing?

thinking of getting into it but not if its dying

Is it core 40k?

No?

Then assume it’s dying.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

It's going to end up like every other SG, where it's dead outside of a handful of weirdos who are hoarding all the models.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
lame :(

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom

moths posted:

It's going to end up like every other SG, where it's dead outside of a handful of weirdos who are hoarding all the models.

Blood Bowl and Necromunda are really healthy at my club, with at least one game for both every week, and I've started seeing AT games happening now people have painted them.

Hell, we even have the occasional game of Epic.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003
The AT games at Adepticon filled up within minutes, just like BB and NM. It's not going to be dead, but it's a smaller playerbase than 40K, so you're actually going to have to actively look for people who play (assuming you don't have an active group with players.)

MCPeePants
Feb 25, 2013

Indolent Bastard posted:

Is it core 40k?

No?

Then assume it’s dying.

It does have the advantage of having some appeal to the existing (weirdly numerous) epic playerbase though. Buying it for the titans means they still have it to play with, so you may find it has legs beyond its original appeal.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
My understanding is that it's outselling Heresy, and is generally considered to be doing gangbusters. It's entirely possible it ends up like LoTR, low visibility but lots of players.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Yeah, if people here are playing it there is certainly a pretty good chance that it is doing great. It is a unique enough game that it really stands out once you have seen it played. The control panels you have for each unit really give it a good, tactile feel you don't really get in any other skirmish game I have ever played. (Other than the bubble sheet filling madness of Battletech, but this is actually a good game in 2018)

I would recommend anyone trying it out if they get the opportunity.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Nowhere can keep it in stock. DOA.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!
Reaver has sold out two print runs, I've opened a store and it's my biggest seller above 40k, events are starting to get organised as enough stuff is out that people have fully painted forces now.

Definitely DOA.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

Ready for a big tiny Titan Slam at LVO 2020.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Punchlord Bulletfarmer inbound.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

I am waiting for my Warlord to get two Reaver fists as shoulder mounted weapons.

Xlorp
Jan 23, 2008

Lord_Hambrose posted:

I am waiting for my Warlord to get two Reaver fists as shoulder mounted weapons.

Shoulder mounted Sororitas punchinellos.

(edited to correct spelling of a fake latin word)

What the heck, take arm mounted punching nuns too.

Xlorp fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Dec 8, 2018

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Man, that new Blood Bowl orc booster is a real kick in the dick. It's got 2 extra black orcs, a thrower, and a blitzer. The issue is that you only have 2 blitzers with the standard team/starter set, and you're allowed 4 on the team. The same thing happened with the human booster but it wasn't as big a deal because you ended up with 3 catchers, and not many people go for a 4 catcher team. Almost every orc team tries to max out their blitzers, though.

Also all the poses other than the blitzer aren't notably different from the plastic ones.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Not actually being able to take three throwers in a legal Orc team elevates it from annoying into a genuinely funny joke.

Not a joke I want to spend money on, but still.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
I'm gonna try and scratch build a lucius pattern warlord for AT

It's the sexiest titan and all others can gently caress off

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

Moola posted:

You better document this, you mad skeleton.

Related, is there listed heights for the AT models? Google's turning up comparison shots but I'm not finding an approximate height in inches.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Slimnoid posted:

Related, is there listed heights for the AT models? Google's turning up comparison shots but I'm not finding an approximate height in inches.

It will be a documentation of me getting 60% of the way complete and then looking at it and deciding I hate it and trashing it, like all of my artistic endeavours

I would love a height chart, I'm just using google images and whatever is on the GW website. A warlord (mars) titan is approx 6" apparently.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?

Moola posted:

I think the warlord I printed came out at 60cm, though its the other pattern one.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

goodness posted:

I think the warlord I printed came out at 60cm, though its the other pattern one.

:thunk:

Must have taken ages to print!

Moola fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Dec 9, 2018

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Slimnoid posted:

From the stuff on my desk - Questoris Knights are 1.5" Cerastus Knights are 2" approx. Not including bases.

Cerastus Knights are cool and good. Added bonus of four extra heads, and two extra power fists that could work on the Questoris models in a pinch.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?

Moola posted:

:thunk:

Must have taken ages to print!

Not too long as I had it split into parts, maybe 9-10hrs total as they didn't all fit on the bed at once.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

glitchkrieg posted:

Blood Bowl and Necromunda are really healthy at my club, with at least one game for both every week, and I've started seeing AT games happening now people have painted them.

Hell, we even have the occasional game of Epic.

Blood bowl survives in spite of GW though, not because of them.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

goodness posted:

Not too long as I had it split into parts, maybe 9-10hrs total as they didn't all fit on the bed at once.

That doesn't look like it's 60cm tall to me.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

Booley posted:

That doesn't look like it's 60cm tall to me.

Whoops, mm*

And it may be 100mm tall. I'll measure it put together.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

Failson posted:

From the stuff on my desk - Questoris Knights are 1.5" Cerastus Knights are 2" approx. Not including bases.

Cerastus Knights are cool and good. Added bonus of four extra heads, and two extra power fists that could work on the Questoris models in a pinch.

Knights I figured were about terminator size, it's stuff like the Reaver, Warlord, and Warhound that I'm more curious about. 40k-sized Imperial Knights are around 7" tall, and comparison shots between that and the Warlord put the latter as the shorter of the two. So, maybe 5.5"-6" for a Warlord, and maybe 4.5" for the Reaver?

Xlorp
Jan 23, 2008

I remember I have about 7 Turtleback Warlords in Chaos colors. And gobs of the Slaanesh Daemon Engines, some of which rated as Scout Titan (Quaestor, Subjugator).

Are any of those close-enough to count aesthetically as proxy options in the new game?

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Zaphod42 posted:

Blood bowl survives in spite of GW though, not because of them.

Yeah I'm sure the constant flow of new releases is just suffocating the game

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Corrode posted:

Yeah I'm sure the constant flow of new releases is just suffocating the game

Now, but BB survived for decades with no releases, and GW just picked that market up for free with the new stuff.

New BB is great but its really only a thing because of the success of the pc game which was only a thing because people tried to keep bb alive.

GW lucked out.

Thats like saying "look at all the licensed GW videogames out now, clearly GW made all the right decisions about how to license their IP"

For_Great_Justice
Apr 21, 2010

JUST CAN'T SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT HOW MUCH I HATE GAMES WORKSHOP!
Giving credit to GW after letting BB lanquish is a dick head blinders on statement. The community kept it going period, they're just reaping the rewards.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

"Blood Bowl survived in spite of GW" would have been a perfectly reasonable statement. There was a decade+ where Blood Bowl carried on thanks to its strong community.

"Blood Bowl survives in spite of GW" is an idiotic statement. There's been 2+ years of continuous support for the game and a bunch of new releases.

Zaphod42 posted:

Thats like saying "look at all the licensed GW videogames out now, clearly GW made all the right decisions about how to license their IP"

I mean that's a factual statement? The IP was mismanaged in the past, now they've realised how much benefit there is to be achieved from licensing so they're doing it better. Do you understand how counter-examples are meant to work? "They used to do something badly, and now they do it well!" isn't a demonstration of how they don't do things well.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Obviously you're forgetting that GW is bad

For_Great_Justice
Apr 21, 2010

Corrode will defend GW no matter what it does its honestly pointless arguing. Someone start the ritual to banish him back to his discord where he bans anyone looking at GW cock eyed.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

For_Great_Justice posted:

Corrode will defend GW no matter what it does its honestly pointless arguing. Someone start the ritual to banish him back to his discord where he bans anyone looking at GW cock eyed.

Sorry that making factual statements upsets you.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

For_Great_Justice posted:

Take a deep breath, go outside for once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

For_Great_Justice
Apr 21, 2010

New names for the ignore list.