Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ponsonby Britt
Mar 13, 2006
I think you mean, why is there silverware in the pancake drawer? Wassup?

Lobok posted:

Reminds me of Jason on The Good Place.

So is Peter brain-damaged because he got stuck in a safe without air, or did he get stuck in a safe without air because he was brain-damaged?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

Ponsonby Britt posted:

So is Peter brain-damaged because he got stuck in a safe without air, or did he get stuck in a safe without air because he was brain-damaged?

I'm going with the latter. I mean, can't forget he has that resovoir of air under his mask. Unless he didn't have it becuse he forgot he had it.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
Watch the next arc guest-star the Good Place cast.

They're going to Australia with the perfect timing to cross over with the start of this season.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Otherkinsey Scale posted:

Watch the next arc guest-star the Good Place cast.

They're going to Australia with the perfect timing to cross over with the start of this season.

That is way too current. They will cross over with ted danson’s hit show cheers

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Libra posted:

The relationship suddenly makes a lot more sense if you consider the possibility that Peter's lovemaking ability is inversely proportional to his everything else ability.

It's really the only way it makes sense.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
The Parkers: "Let's go to Australia!"
[They go to Australia that very day]
Australian customs officer: "You got your ETA?"
The Parkers: "Our what now?"
[They spend their vacation in a detention centre before being deported]

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
Spider-man goes to Australia and somehow really does stop the boats.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

oh no cage why

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
"More of a Daredevil-level emergency, but i'm the best we got"

Robot Wendigo
Jul 9, 2013

Grimey Drawer
And the dead-eyed taxi driver just keeps staring ahead

Robot Wendigo fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Dec 14, 2018

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
They're a taxi driver in a version of New York where supervillain poo poo happens every week. You'd have a thousand-yard stare too.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Taxi Driver: Insurance Company told me that Thor using my taxi as a bludgeon against the Wrecking Crew was an Act of God and it's not like I could say that wasn't accurate :sigh:

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Robot Wendigo posted:

And the dead-eyed taxi driver just keeps staring ahead

"Sure man, climb all over the roof of my taxi. I love it when customers pull that poo poo."

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
peter's already had the really loud whispered conversation with mj about how the driver might suspect he is spiderman. he does that every time he meets a new person, even if mj isn't actually present.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Gotta hand it to them, this is a really good strip.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Mikl posted:

Gotta hand it to them, this is a really good strip.

Yeah, it's actually visually dynamic and funny. The last two panels tell us the story efficiently while giving us some classic Spider-Man visual character, with Peter peering into the taxi upside down while perching on its roof.

I mean, his face looks kind of goofy if you actually flip it, but I'm not expecting Eisner from a daily newspaper strip.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
I'm disappointed yesterday's strip wasn't an undamaged Luke Cage being pushed along by a truck because invulnerability doesn't give your shoes super-grip.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

peter's already had the really loud whispered conversation with mj about how the driver might suspect he is spiderman. he does that every time he meets a new person, even if mj isn't actually present.

:spidey: Uh, sir, I need to climb into your taxi's trunk for a minute for... reasons.

NEXT: The Broken Latch!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Next: Strip search!

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Peter is wearing two pants

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

And he's got his first pair on backwards.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Dang, not the same cabbie as last time

https://joshreads.com/2015/06/superheroic-thursday/

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

For Pete's sake, uh...Pete: Don't wear the Spider-Man suit when you are getting on a plane!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Oh my god he wore his loving costume under his clothing to the airport again.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

He can't say it's a Halloween costume in April the day after Halloween December!

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

I'd say the Peter Parker in Into the Spiderverse is Newspaper Spider-Man, but honestly, he's way worse.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

howe_sam posted:

I'd say the Peter Parker in Into the Spiderverse is Newspaper Spider-Man, but honestly, he's way worse.

Yeah, at least NSM is not divorced.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Of course when Peter gets there it's going to be something of a misunderstanding as Luke has already broken free of killgrave's control and had only stopped that car from running him over and had torn the door off to beat his purple rear end with.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The MSJ posted:

Yeah, at least NSM is not divorced.

Goddammit, that dogshit permeated even that fun looking movie too? :sigh:

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Jerusalem posted:

In the context of the film it fits the arc of the character really well, plus you see Pete attempting to patch things up with MJ at the end

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

Well, kinda sorta. Serious spoilers for Into the Spider-Verse here: the Peter from Miles' universe is married until he dies fighting Green Goblin. The Peter shown in the trailers is from another universe and is mid-30s or so, and they got divorced for what are probably legitimate reasons: Peter didn't want kids and MJ did. He's not happy about it in the least and in the epilogue, he tries to get back together with her. The movie as a whole is a little bit darker than the trailers would suggest, but it's the best Spider-Man adaptation I've ever seen. By far. go see it.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh I am for sure gonna go see it, right from the first trailer I saw for it, it looked great, and the spoilers sound like they address it in the right way (kinda similar to how the much younger Peter deals with it it in the recent, very good, Spider-Man game).

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Android Blues posted:

Yeah, it's actually visually dynamic and funny. The last two panels tell us the story efficiently while giving us some classic Spider-Man visual character, with Peter peering into the taxi upside down while perching on its roof.

I mean, his face looks kind of goofy if you actually flip it, but I'm not expecting Eisner from a daily newspaper strip.

HEY GUYS WHAT'S GOING ON IN THIS THREAD

HEY

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Kilroy Killgrave was here

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

davidspackage posted:

HEY

I say hey! what's going on?

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

davidspackage posted:

HEY

Prime avatar material going on here...

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

heeeEEEeeyyyYYYYyyy

e: everything i do to try and make it spin faster doesn't work. :saddowns:

Malachite_Dragon fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Dec 16, 2018

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Malachite_Dragon posted:

heeeEEEeeyyyYYYYyyy

You enjoy getting hurt, don't you?

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Malachite_Dragon posted:

heeeEEEeeyyyYYYYyyy

e: everything i do to try and make it spin faster doesn't work. :saddowns:
It's positively hypnotic.

Adbot