Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

lmao Gina Gershon is really phoning it in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

lmao at Cheryl and Veronica p much waterboarding Mrs. Blossom with maple syrup I guess??

I love this trash show so much.

Still Fluxing
Feb 14, 2013

A vision. A picture in my head. A picture of this.
Betty cosplaying as the Griffon Queen was the best. The wings made out of mops! loving brilliant.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
This was 'people reveal their master plans to each other:' the episode. Not going to lie though, I'm v disappointed that the Gargoyle King is just an urban legend from the Sisters of Quiet Plot Convenience somehow laced into hallucinogenic candy by Hiram. Actually, reading that sentence back, am I?

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

radlum posted:

I always wanted to see an adaptation of No Man's Land; I had no idea Archie Comics of all things would be the one to give it to me.

Well, that and the upcoming season of Gotham.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

Phylodox posted:

Well, that and the upcoming season of Gotham.

That's, uh, still goin huh?

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Sgt. Politeness posted:

That's, uh, still goin huh?

Yes, and it’s amazing.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.

radlum posted:

I always wanted to see an adaptation of No Man's Land; I had no idea Archie Comics of all things would be the one to give it to me.

A No Man's Land where the teens still have to take their SATs.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
Cheryl's family physician is Dr. Caligari. Of course.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aimAeeDx2p4

Still Fluxing posted:

Betty cosplaying as the Griffon Queen was the best. The wings made out of mops! loving brilliant.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

Binary Logic posted:

Cheryl's family physician is Dr. Caligari. Of course.

I laughed out loud at that name drop and realized instantly that I was the only person in a quiet room who understood the reference.

RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004

esperterra posted:

lmao at Cheryl and Veronica p much waterboarding Mrs. Blossom with maple syrup I guess??

I love this trash show so much.

That creepy lip licking of hers was loving hilarious.

Also, wasn't she scarred at one point?

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

MorgaineDax posted:

Also, wasn't she scarred at one point?

It's explained in a deleted season two scene that they filmed and released on the DVDs/youtubes.

Basically she went to Greendale and they hocus pocused her burnt dermis.

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

Veronica is as much a dumbshit as Archie and they deserve each other.

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

Baby Executive is pleased with your performance!
I'm tired of Hermione.

Like how many times are they going to pretend she isn't going to just do whatever Hiran wants

Pretending to be internally conflicted doesn't do much when you could just call off the plan immediately all by yourself.

Still Fluxing
Feb 14, 2013

trash person posted:

I'm tired of Hermione.

Like how many times are they going to pretend she isn't going to just do whatever Hiran wants

Pretending to be internally conflicted doesn't do much when you could just call off the plan immediately all by yourself.

I think she's supposed to be an alcoholic now. Because even Hermione is tired of Hermione.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS
It's just disappointing that she went from hard-rear end-but-loving-tiger-mom to background gangster moll.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I totally thought she was going to die at the end of that episode, and Hiram had poisoned her drink to frame Veronica or something equally insane.

It was a little disappointing that the big character death that had been hyped ended up being nobody Peabody, off-screen.

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

esperterra posted:

lmao Gina Gershon is really phoning it in

She's had so much goddamned surgery/face fillers that she can barely emote.

gently caress me, this show has gone absolutely batshit and it's only episode 8. I miss it being a teen drama with a hint of darkness in the background, rather than going all out on the supernatural stuff. A lot of the script is starting to sound like terrible Riverdale fanfiction. Fizzlerocks? Really?

I would also be fine with less Cheryl now. Yes, she's in the cutest lesbian couple on TV, but none of her stories make any sense. Her crazy mother was so homophobic she sent her for gay conversion therapy, and now she's going to move her girlfriend in?

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

She kicked her mom out of the house after escaping lesbian prison last season.

Her mom is living elsewhere with her uncle.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Less Cheryl.

The gently caress is wrong with you.

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

Malpais Legate posted:

She kicked her mom out of the house after escaping lesbian prison last season.

Her mom is living elsewhere with her uncle.

Aaah, OK. I hate when idiots like me don't watch TV properly and then complain about it. I really shouldn't skip that recap because this show has so much going on sometimes.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I’m almost done with season one of this trashy fever dream, and my favorite detail is that they’ve made maple syrup important to the narrative and setting, yet chosen to film in a visually striking region that doesn’t have a single deciduous tree.

It really contributes to the low-key dreamlike atmosphere, like the mishmash of periods reflected in the costuming and mixture of ultra-contemporary dialogue with people being too scandalized to bring themselves to say “abortion,” like it’s the 40s.

no broccoli please
Apr 20, 2007

no broccoli please you are nice here is a Nathaniel Hawthorne avatar

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

I’m almost done with season one of this trashy fever dream, and my favorite detail is that they’ve made maple syrup important to the narrative and setting, yet chosen to film in a visually striking region that doesn’t have a single deciduous tree.

Well the maple syrup is from Montreal. Obviously.

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
didn't realize that last week was the mid-season finale so i was on pins and needles waiting for this weeks episode only to find out today that the next episode is in a month :negative:

please netflix i need more dumb horny twin peaks

Still Fluxing
Feb 14, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=br-6eOK1i2Y

Trailer for next week's ep is up!

jimmychoo
Sep 30, 2008

creepin n rollin

wow thanks, ur doing god's work my friend

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

I'm calling this show's bluff, they don't have the balls.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Of course he’s not dead. In this show he’ll be in a coma and fighting more dream demons or some poo poo.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

Or perfectly fine the next day

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
This series went from guilty pleasure to so bad it's good and stayed there for ages but this last episode was a dumb mess as well boring.. And it didn't even look as good as it usually does. Not sure if it was the break that put it into relief or what. The characters are all insufferably sanctimonious. Even Cheryl was annoying as hell.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

rapeface posted:

Even Cheryl was annoying as hell.

<FLIPS TABLE>

YOU MOTHERFU

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
Archie: "I'm gonna kill the part of me that's bad and stupid!"

Archie: *dies because there's no parts of him that aren't stupid as poo poo*

Still Fluxing
Feb 14, 2013

terrified of my bathroom posted:

Yeah, I was gonna say. No wonder dream!Fred tried to stop him. He loves his big dumb son.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

rapeface posted:

This series went from guilty pleasure to so bad it's good and stayed there for ages but this last episode was a dumb mess as well boring.. And it didn't even look as good as it usually does. Not sure if it was the break that put it into relief or what. The characters are all insufferably sanctimonious. Even Cheryl was annoying as hell.

Yeah and the way they're playing Cheryl being bi kind of skeeves me out, btw. It feels super male gaze-y.

Also Veronica's storyline has careened off a cliff this season, which is sad because she used to be my favorite.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Majorian posted:

Yeah and the way they're playing Cheryl being bi kind of skeeves me out, btw. It feels super male gaze-y.

To be fair, everything about this show is gazey.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
So apparently the next musical episode is Heathers?

If this is true that's good news because the Heathers musical is great.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

terrified of my bathroom posted:

Dream Fred: listen son, you need to start making better choices instead of wallowing in self-pity and lashing out in ways that are self-destructive-

Archie: IMMA HIT MYSELF WITH A BASEBALL BAT

I still love this dumb gay show.

Also, looks Cheryl and Toni will have to start their own gang now, with blackjack and maple syrup.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

Phylodox posted:

To be fair, everything about this show is gazey.

Very fair point. Corporate pseudo-wokeness being superficial and self-serving - who could have predicted that outcome?:thunk:

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

The casting of these musicals continues to be completely wrong.

Evelyn as Ms. Fleming / Martha? Surrrrrre

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
I choose to believe this season is just a fever dream Archie’s having on his death bed.