Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

I want this framed on my wall, but I probably can’t.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

Weedle posted:

I want this framed on my wall, but I probably can’t.

A project manager gave me a coaster with this on it as a going away present.

I don't have a lot of tolerance for thoughtworks bullshit.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

I put this up in my cube at one point, it made it about a week before my manager said his boss wanted it down immediately

It perfectly describes the job I've had for the past few years. The poster is also a huge movie poster so it's like 5'x2.25 or something

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

I like our office, but I really wish I had my own desk/cube

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
My company's pretty okay with us personalizing our space but the Fourbicles they have us in now have giant windows on the free standing walls and overhead cupboards on the other ones so there's no place to put up posters like we had at our old place.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Our ticketing system went down so we talked to our internal IT where they told us to put in a ticket.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

kensei posted:

This is my wall paper for my desktop at work. I am in charge of our DNS and SSL. :sigh:

Same and it's a big hit. A+ wallpaper

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

My old cube's decoration was the 24 printed pages of code that I spent a month writing that allowed my client to upload a (very tightly formatted, any deviation would cause a crash) Excel spreadsheet to drive their call center flow rather than train any of their users in how to actually use the administration interface.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

MF_James posted:

I put this up in my cube at one point, it made it about a week before my manager said his boss wanted it down immediately

It perfectly describes the job I've had for the past few years. The poster is also a huge movie poster so it's like 5'x2.25 or something

Speaking of Futurama, this was on my cube wall last year until I moved to a different town:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I have a 'hang in there' rug featuring a raccoon in a tree.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Garrand posted:

Our ticketing system went down so we talked to our internal IT where they told us to put in a ticket.

diligent to a fault.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Our network storage, which we've been forcing everyone to use rather than storing files locally, has been intermittently down for a week in such a way that attempting to map a user's drive, as is done at logon, crashes Windows Explorer. I had to explain to our sysadmin (really smart guy, but leapfrogs over the common sense sometimes) that he could restart explorer through task manager, and that he should immediately try to unmap the drive. Being the stubborn person he is, he insisted on launching System Center and making sure it wasn't a massive malware infection before doing the simple thing that would have ended the frustration. He ended up doing it, but not before rambling about making sure he wasn't putting his users in harm's way by not checking System Center first. I think he still has a touch of Army Brain.

Oh, and this has been an issue for a full week (addressed by the main campus, not us), resulting in faculty not being able to access finals last week or their computers to upload grades this week. The vendor of the software they use to manage files across multiple data centers has assured us that a patch that *checks clock* is currently being applied right now will fix the problem. I have as much faith in this as I do the fix for the firmware bug that left half of our residence halls with connections that dropped more often than parents picked up the phone while millenials were using dial-up, which Cisco assured us would fix the problem but made it significantly worse.

Kurieg posted:

My company's pretty okay with us personalizing our space but the Fourbicles they have us in now have giant windows on the free standing walls and overhead cupboards on the other ones so there's no place to put up posters like we had at our old place.
I have vast expanses of bare walls, I need to get some good posters and artwork.

GWBBQ fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Dec 18, 2018

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

"Decorate my office so it's not so boring looking" has been a task assigned to me on our kanban board since at least May. Over a year in this job and my office is completely bare so my boss made it one of my priority tasks to complete by the end of the year. I've got a great Zardoz poster that needs a home but I'm not sure if I want my team to know how deeply weird I actually am.

Volguus
Mar 3, 2009

Sirotan posted:

"Decorate my office so it's not so boring looking" has been a task assigned to me on our kanban board since at least May. Over a year in this job and my office is completely bare so my boss made it one of my priority tasks to complete by the end of the year. I've got a great Zardoz poster that needs a home but I'm not sure if I want my team to know how deeply weird I actually am.

That's a weird request. I try to never bring any personal items to the office. The only thing i have right now is a reusable water bottle.
You can do what my CEO did: put up a wall of pictures (all kinds of weird stupidities) with a small insert of one of Goebbles with swastika prominently showing on his arm along-side some idiotic quote. And wear a jewish hat from time to time even if you have absolutely nothing in common with the jewish people (he's indian).

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

I guess I should have said it was a task that I wrote up myself. But I'm gonna go ahead and uhhhh not do what you suggested!

Volguus
Mar 3, 2009

Sirotan posted:

I guess I should have said it was a task that I wrote up myself. But I'm gonna go ahead and uhhhh not do what you suggested!

Hah, missed opportunity.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Volguus posted:

Hah, missed opportunity.

How many Jewish people worked in that office?

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

Kurieg posted:

giant windows on the free standing walls
no place to put up posters like we had at our old place.

Sounds like you have plenty of space for some posters, even outward facing ones!

Put up a "should you knock on this door" flowchart

Volguus
Mar 3, 2009

Inspector_666 posted:

How many Jewish people worked in that office?

None, of course.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
Woo wooooooo woooooooooo

:yotj:

Just got a really good opportunity in a senior Devops position for a huge company in the UK. Coming from purely Infrastructure Engineering so it's going to be a fun ride.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Dravs posted:

Woo wooooooo woooooooooo

Just got a really good opportunity in a senior Devops position for a huge company in the UK. Coming from purely Infrastructure Engineering so it's going to be a fun ride.

Grats!

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else

Dravs posted:

Woo wooooooo woooooooooo

Nice!

Agrikk
Oct 17, 2003

Take care with that! We have not fully ascertained its function, and the ticking is accelerating.

Kurieg posted:

I work predominantly from home so my man cave kicks rear end.

But at work we hot-desk because most of us work from home most of the time. But no one sits at the desk I’ve called my own ever since the day I yelled at the whole room because someone left a half drunk coffee cup on “my” desk and it had sprouted mold.

I have it in good authority that colleagues have warned visitors not to sit at my desk even when I haven’t been at the office for weeks.

Alpha dog dominance, man. Gotta walk like you own the place.

(The only thing I have on my desk are the puzzle pieces that I have received from management in recognition of my patents.)

Agrikk fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Dec 18, 2018

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

rate my man cave

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Methanar posted:

rate my man cave

Needs more screens.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

that chair should be taken out back and put out of it's misery.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Methanar posted:

rate my man cave

How big a projector screen can you fit on that wall?

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Kurieg posted:

that chair should be taken out back and put out of it's misery.

agreed

Spring Heeled Jack
Feb 25, 2007

If you can read this you can read

Methanar posted:

rate my man cave

Stain that last 2x4, coward.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Methanar posted:

rate my man cave

This man cave is looking more like... a man's grave! It's time for a teardown!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLwtBSxKWAM

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

DizzyBum posted:

This man cave is looking more like... a man's grave! It's time for a teardown!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLwtBSxKWAM

hey man, demo and disposal ain't cheap, I'd take it.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Virigoth posted:

This is a terrible take and you should be ashamed. If that’s the case something needs fixed and that’s not your fault. Take your loving vacation.

I was being a little facetious but we are growing so fast there's just so drat much to do. We're almost to the top of the mountain and I have a good feeling about where we are heading. I think we're about 6 months away from reaching some stability but if I peaced out for a week it would take longer in the end.

I console myself with the 20% year end bonus we just landed.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

spog posted:

Needs more screens.

This, but unironically

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
Lol just lol if you don't work inside a Dyson sphere of screens

nullfunction
Jan 24, 2005

Nap Ghost

Weatherman posted:

mods?

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
If canadian newegg/amazon wasn't garbage and it were possible for me to buy a 2x3 monitor stand for less than like 700 dollars (just the stand lol) I would have done that.

Also macbook's only have like 3 ports to connect additional screens.

Methanar fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Dec 19, 2018

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Weatherman posted:

Hello Eve Online player.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Methanar posted:

If canadian newegg/amazon wasn't garbage and it were possible for me to buy a 2x3 monitor stand for less than like 700 dollars (just the stand lol) I would have done that.

Look on eBay at Humanscale M/Flex mounts

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Methanar posted:

Go with the varidesk ones that are x2 instead. Best monitor arms ever if they fit your desk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

tactlessbastard posted:

I was being a little facetious but we are growing so fast there's just so drat much to do. We're almost to the top of the mountain and I have a good feeling about where we are heading. I think we're about 6 months away from reaching some stability but if I peaced out for a week it would take longer in the end.

I console myself with the 20% year end bonus we just landed.

I’ll pour one out for you on the beach as I take a vacation even though I’m drowning in work. If I don’t take this vacation I might breakdown though. Goonspeed.