Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rama of Ra
Sep 7, 2005
~Where's Sitka? Right about the middle of your thumb.~
Can I get an invite to the Steam clan? Thanks in advance.

IGN Churu_Payapa

This game is dense, but I’ve gotten to Ceres and gotten MR 5 so far.

Some questions:

How do I put Ayatan Stars in statues?

What the gently caress is up with that room in my ship that seems to be Infested? What did it yank out of my neck and where did that come from?

When does Darvo sell anything?

Why do Spy missions suck so much?

Thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raspberry Bang
Feb 14, 2007

Rama of Ra posted:

How do I put Ayatan Stars in statues?

Thanks.

It’s the last option in the mod menu. View the statue and at the base you can move your cursor over the holes to plug in the stars.

Raspberry Bang
Feb 14, 2007

Still looking for that invite to the ps4 discord.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Rama of Ra posted:

Can I get an invite to the Steam clan? Thanks in advance.

Check out the OP of the main thread for how to join the pc goon clans. This is the console thread.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Rama of Ra posted:

What the gently caress is up with that room in my ship that seems to be Infested? What did it yank out of my neck and where did that come from?

Spoiler thing. You will find, in time.

quote:

Why do Spy missions suck so much?

Learn that you can kill turrets/cameras and that don't break stealth.
Find your way to skip lasers (that can be jumping, a specific frame, other stuff ).

Spy missions don't have much variety, once you have mastered a design, you can do that again and again and again. Further you will find another version of the same design, with a bit more turrets and poo poo.

You can craft a item that delay the alarm a grace period. If somebody else is doing the vault, and he make a mistake, you can use the item to help him.
You can craft a lot of cyphers in advance to easily solve the hacking minigames.

Maybe leave the hacking to other people if you are truly bad.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Raspberry Bang posted:

Still looking for that invite to the ps4 discord.

Don’t know who’s I’m charge of it, never personally used it

Rama of Ra
Sep 7, 2005

v1ld posted:

Check out the OP of the main thread for how to join the pc goon clans. This is the console thread.

My phone auto-corrected to steam, but I meant Switch! Can I get a Solar Whales invite, please? Much appreciated. GN Churu_Payapa.

I just feel like certain things are really obtuse. The ayatan star thing, like I know I found that menu before but I couldn’t figure out how to actually insert anything into the statues.

Raspberry Bang posted:

It’s the last option in the mod menu. View the statue and at the base you can move your cursor over the holes to plug in the stars.

Like, this would have taken me ages to figure out.

And I cannot for the life of me figure out how to mod my archwing and it’s weapons, which would be really nice cause I feel really gimped in those missions. What am I missing?

And can I really not get blueprints for orokin catalysts in the market? Gently caress that.

Rama of Ra fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Jan 5, 2019

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Rama of Ra posted:

Like, this would have taken me ages to figure out.

And I cannot for the life of me figure out how to mod my archwing and it’s weapons, which would be really nice cause I feel really gimped in those missions. What am I missing?

And can I really not get blueprints for orokin catalysts in the market? Gently caress that.

For statues, there should be a button to auto install all stars as well.

For archwing (and conclave), there should be a button you press when in your arsenal to access the other modes. For PS4 it’s R3, not sure what switch control it is but you should see it on the bottom of the Arsenal screen.

Correct, you can’t buy tater blueprints. Just whole taters.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Rama of Ra posted:

My phone auto-corrected to steam, but I meant Switch! Can I get a Solar Whales invite, please? Much appreciated. GN Churu_Payapa.

Says you're already in a clan. Tried to send you the invite.

DoctorOozy
Jun 22, 2013

Like you get in packing paper?
So how do blueprints in the Dojo work? Can I just set any research off I want or is there an additional cost to the clan?

Also im looking for a Split Chamber mod for rifles and pistols? I have been pretty lucky with most stuff bit I just cant seem to get these to drop.

I am also after the corrupted damage type mods for rifles/pistols too now i know they exist.

If anyone has spares they can price up and throw my wayon Switch I would be very grateful.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Loki is the ultimate spy-frame. Get him (and Limbo for Lua) and give him Energy Siphon, and spy missions will become cool, easy, and fun.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Darth Walrus posted:

Loki is the ultimate spy-frame.
Odd way of spelling Ivara.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Odd way of spelling Ivara.

Loki has a teleport. Ivara does not. Also, getting Ivara requires that you do advanced spy missions without her.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Am I missing something with Hydroid? He seems pretty lovely.

Also I was not expecting to like Mag as much as I did. Just run around dropping armor nukes and refilling your teams armor was really satisfying.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Mesadoram posted:

Am I missing something with Hydroid? He seems pretty lovely.

Also I was not expecting to like Mag as much as I did. Just run around dropping armor nukes and refilling your teams armor was really satisfying.

Undertow and Tentacle Swarm complete him. Dive into groups of enemies, hit Undertow, charge a Tentacle Swarm while they're drowning, and kaboom, they're gone and you've got dangerous, long-lasting area denial. Then do the same thing again with Tempest Barrage instead of Tentacle Swarm twice (because you can sustain two TBs and one TS at once), and the entire battlefield is watery death. Also remember that both your area-denial powers knock people down, so get to groundstabbing people.

Hydroid is a thirsty boy, though, so the Zenurik school and Energy Siphon (plus efficiency, duration, and energy capacity mods) help him a lot.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Darth Walrus posted:

Undertow and Tentacle Swarm complete him. Dive into groups of enemies, hit Undertow, charge a Tentacle Swarm while they're drowning, and kaboom, they're gone and you've got dangerous, long-lasting area denial. Then do the same thing again with Tempest Barrage instead of Tentacle Swarm twice (because you can sustain two TBs and one TS at once), and the entire battlefield is watery death. Also remember that both your area-denial powers knock people down, so get to groundstabbing people.

Hydroid is a thirsty boy, though, so the Zenurik school and Energy Siphon (plus efficiency, duration, and energy capacity mods) help him a lot.

Thank you for this, I will try this.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Mesadoram posted:

Thank you for this, I will try this.

One tip - pop your TS when there are nearby enemies that you haven't Undertowed. It'll make the tentacles much more aggressive and grabby. You can also use Tidal Surge to shift your Undertow pool and scoop more enemies into it if you're out of position and have energy to burn. Tidal Surge also bypasses laser fences, which is situational but nice.

Rama of Ra
Sep 7, 2005

v1ld posted:

Says you're already in a clan. Tried to send you the invite.

Got an invite from someone. Thanks, ghostenno.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Rama of Ra posted:

Got an invite from someone. Thanks, ghostenno.

Don’t forget to join the discord in the OP! We do a TON of grouping together to get through content. And I mean a ton. Awesome group of goons.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Don’t forget to join the discord in the OP! We do a TON of grouping together to get through content. And I mean a ton. Awesome group of goons.
I removed the link because a ton of people said it wasn't working?

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Bobby Deluxe posted:

The Switch discord works and is very active.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Should have told me!

Here ya go.

https://discord.gg/364rsdd

It will work forevahhhh

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Catalyst alert on ps4!

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Baro Ki'teer? In my Strata relay?

It's more likely than you think

Primed Point Blank and Primed Pistol Gambit are a must, but then again so are the Prisma cleavers. This is also more than likely the last werk the Solstice syandana is going to be available until next year, so this is going to be a difficult week if you're short on ducats.

If you already have them, Prisma Obex is fun on a speedframe like Nezha, and the palette doesn't appear very often. If you have ducats to spare however, buy extra Primed Point Blanks and sell them on trade next week.

I am insane and have lost all hope, so am buying the Primed Morphic Transformer because it's there and I don't have it yet.

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Jan 11, 2019

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Ppppfffff that you took that long to lose your sanity and didn’t already have it. Though I do have sanity to lose, as I have yet to force myself to grind ventkid rep

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Because of some underlying OCD tendencies, I grinded out Equinox. I then shortly after went to Neptune for the first time.

I know I should try to get to the end of the Galaxy as soon as I can, but I am really enjoying just dicking around. Also, now that I am on Neptune e I feel super squishy now.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Raptor1033 posted:

Ppppfffff that you took that long to lose your sanity and didn’t already have it. Though I do have sanity to lose, as I have yet to force myself to grind ventkid rep
I've just been jumping and then helicoptering every time i'm travelling on either the plains or vallis. People in the PC thread have been saying how you can just grind one rail for ages and max your rep in five minutes, but grinding is awful on console because you have to somehow jump with x and turn with the right stick. If I had a third thumb maybe, but it just doesn't seem possible.

In the meantime, just do a ollie. Lots of them.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

That's why gyro exists, bruv. Or does it not affect it?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
What am I gonna get on my 50 day login milestone?

Rama of Ra
Sep 7, 2005

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I've just been jumping and then helicoptering every time i'm travelling on either the plains or vallis. People in the PC thread have been saying how you can just grind one rail for ages and max your rep in five minutes, but grinding is awful on console because you have to somehow jump with x and turn with the right stick. If I had a third thumb maybe, but it just doesn't seem possible.

In the meantime, just do a ollie. Lots of them.

Ever since I played Titanfall I’ve forever kept jump on a trigger button. Made Destiny more fun and I think it helps a lot in this game too, especially the way bullet-jumping works.

mentalcontempt
Sep 4, 2002

Just got started with Warframe on PS4 and the ranged weapons seem really hard to control, even with aim assistance turned on. Shooting aerial enemies is an exercise in frustration. Any tips on customizing the controls or do I just need to “git gud”? I’ve played a lot of Destiny 1/2 and this seems much harder to aim and stay on target.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I find strafe aiming on Warframe much easier. Practice on lower level grineer or infested, but basically you aim near the enemy with the look controls, and then strafe your character to move the reticle over them.

DE are from the older generation of devs and their controls feel more like an old PS2 era game, when developers were still getting used to the idea of having two thumbsticks. I remember the days when there was no kind of autoaim at all, and strafe aiming was almost a necessity.

Also yeah, the guns are not going to feel as good coming from Destiny - for all its faults, Destiny 1 & 2 had crazy fun gun feel, especially the bows.

E: aerial enemies are janky and you're probably going to need to go full auto on them, especially the dargyns on the plains. They're also affected really badly by lag.

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Jan 15, 2019

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
And don't forget; not all weapons are hitscan. You have to lead your targets with more than a few of them. (Boltor sux, Karak w/Garak lyfe)

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I find strafe aiming on Warframe much easier. Practice on lower level grineer or infested, but basically you aim near the enemy with the look controls, and then strafe your character to move the reticle over them.

DE are from the older generation of devs and their controls feel more like an old PS2 era game, when developers were still getting used to the idea of having two thumbsticks. I remember the days when there was no kind of autoaim at all, and strafe aiming was almost a necessity.

Also yeah, the guns are not going to feel as good coming from Destiny - for all its faults, Destiny 1 & 2 had crazy fun gun feel, especially the bows.

E: aerial enemies are janky and you're probably going to need to go full auto on them, especially the dargyns on the plains. They're also affected really badly by lag.

I guess I've always just been comparing Destiny 2 pre-Forsaken to Warframe with proper mods, and found Warframe downright better than D2 at almost everything except easing you in.

*note I never played Warframe PvP, but pre Forsaken Mayhem was the only Destiny 2 PvP that resembled fun.

mentalcontempt
Sep 4, 2002

Alright, thanks. Strafing is what I’ve been doing for the most part. Do you recommend turning down the sensitivity on look/aim or movement? That was the other thing that was jarring to me.

The amount of things to learn can be a little overwhelming but I feel like I’m doing ok. It’s a little frustrating getting blueprints and not having the necessary materials, and then having to figure out where to get them. But I’ve opened up Venus and Mars, managed to somehow get a little floating companion that shoots things and boosts my shield, etc. And I’ve seen some higher level players that can do really cool things, which I’m looking forward to.

CyberGeist
Aug 31, 2001
WORTHLESS
Almost ready to do the "Second Dream" quest and kinda bummed it was somewhat already spoiled for me but still excited to do it finally after about two years of off and on game play.

Anyone willing to add me to the clan?
IGN: SACyberGoon

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Unveiled an aklato riven, yay

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

CyberGeist posted:

Almost ready to do the "Second Dream" quest and kinda bummed it was somewhat already spoiled for me but still excited to do it finally after about two years of off and on game play.

Anyone willing to add me to the clan?
IGN: SACyberGoon

At this point the game itself kinda spoils it a bit if you go to any of the big content areas added after second dream and war within.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
So I just did Second Dream...

Did not loving expect that. Last game to leave me stunned with that was the end of Braid.

Glad I got to experience that, really neat experience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
Yeah there's a lot of cool stuff from second dream and war within.
The only thing I didn't like was how much it sets the tenno and lotus up as heroes of the solar system. Especially the post war within stuff really scales back the amorality. I kinda liked the idea of lotus as a rogue ai that's setting up these adventures so her psychic murder machine surrogate children can dream of being heroes -which second dream and some of the lead ups like natah dropped hints at. Regardless of the actual conditions of the solar system that spoiler is mostly about tonal stuff, including post war within content. But only directly spoils second dream as a quick fyi