Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

wyoming posted:

This world just wasn't good enough for a Tobe Hooper Spiderman.

In retrospect a Sam Raimi Spiderman is kind of weird as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

I'm in the hospital right now and nothing has lifted my spirits more than knowing James Wan is getting bullied. gently caress you Wan!

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
Feel free to disregard this post.

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.

Kvlt! posted:

I'm in the hospital right now and nothing has lifted my spirits more than knowing James Wan is getting bullied. gently caress you Wan!

You okay? ( Discord)

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

Kvlt! posted:

Feel better, little Kvlt! man. If you need us to send you a copy of Martyrs or Rob Zombie's Halloween, let us know.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Kvlt! posted:

Well let me speak for everyone here when I say we’re hoping for the best:

Some sort of serial killer organ transplant.

You know. Just to see what... happens.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Kvlt! posted:

I'll start a petition to the producers of it to let you see an early screening of Corpse Fucker XXXIV: Corpses Never Die

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender

Kvlt! posted:

I laughed at this, godspeed Kvlt!

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Kvlt! posted:

More like James WanKER, amirite?

Either get well soon or let us know how your date went, depending why you're there. :yotj:

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Kvlt! posted:

Hope you get better soon and may the hospital food not suck too badly.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
Don't forget the gravy.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

my favorite part of electric boogaloo (apart from the sick as hell intro) is how loving dumb menahem golan was.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
I like the part where they attempt to explain why the kid in Last American Virgin brings the girl a pine tree and oranges after an abortion and the answer still makes no sense

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
I don't know what the thread's consensus is on Bordello of Blood, but am I crazy for thinking there could have been a great film there if they scrapped Miller and just focused on Feldman?

I was actually shocked with how much I enjoyed the first 15-20 minutes.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

Twin Cinema posted:

I don't know what the thread's consensus is on Bordello of Blood, but am I crazy for thinking there could have been a great film there if they scrapped Miller and just focused on Feldman?

I was actually shocked with how much I enjoyed the first 15-20 minutes.

That is the thread's consensus, approximately.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Scrapping Miller is almost always a good idea.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Franchescanado posted:

That is the thread's consensus, approximately.

Glad I could agree with the thread.

Drunkboxer posted:

Scrapping Miller is almost always a good idea.

Reading the Wikipedia, Miller didn't want to do the film, and asked for a $1m. They couldn't give them that, but they cut 750K from the special effects budget to get him. He then skipped a bunch of days, improvised his lines, and made them shoot around his talk show schedule. All of this for Dennis loving Miller.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Dennis Miller must have been some flavor of the month poo poo before my time because I only remembered him from episodes of SNL.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

I’m telling you right now: if they had followed Demon Knight’s lead and cast an OG “friend of the show” like William Sadler in the lead role, Bordello could have been a four star romp.

Especially if that friend was, say, Sir Bill Paxton.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I’ll cop to liking him on snl and Dennis Miller Live back in the day but he’s poisonous to movies. Also, I suspect that the Tears for Fears song probably tricked me into liking Dennis Miller Live.

edit: I mean it’s pretty sweet:
https://youtu.be/ekCQyQXpQKs

Drunkboxer fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Jan 3, 2019

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

I mean another big thing is that Tales doesn’t work if you don’t embrace its campiness and meet it head-on. Throwing a condescending cynic into your vampire brothel movie only serves to undercut the intended tone.

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS
get well soon Kvlt

this Supercontext podcast episode on Carpenter's Apocalypse trilogy is awesome

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Kim Newman on Horror Express:

"The film's barely started and an alien-possessed, whistling, zombie Neanderthal pickpocket is on the loose."

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Lots of good stuff coming to Canadian Shudder in January:

Big Man Japan!!

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

flashy_mcflash posted:

Big Man Japan!!
A film where every monster is more of a penis!

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

I should get around to watching Big Man Japan but I always get turned off by the special effects.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

lol, why the gently caress is Ong Bak coming to Shudder?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Hollismason posted:

I should get around to watching Big Man Japan but I always get turned off by the special effects.

Wait til the ending

The ending makes it all worth it

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Drunkboxer posted:

I’ll cop to liking him on snl and Dennis Miller Live back in the day but he’s poisonous to movies. Also, I suspect that the Tears for Fears song probably tricked me into liking Dennis Miller Live.

edit: I mean it’s pretty sweet:
https://youtu.be/ekCQyQXpQKs

There was also a pool scene where Miller tells the kid all the moves he's making are wrong (he's correct!). Does he think of himself as a great pool player and forces every production show one scene where he's amazing at pool?

Big Bob Pataki
Jan 23, 2009

The Bob that Refreshes
I don't know why I waited so long to watch Body Bags but I will make up for it by watching it over and over again.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

Does Joe Bob Briggs have a Twitter so I can personally apologize to him for disliking him for so long while never actually sitting down to watch him host anything. I still feel bad about being so Anti-Joe Bob. I was so very very wrong.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

He does not have a Twitter. You can email him though.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Thanks for all the well wishes guys. Y'all definitely made me laugh and cheered me up. I love all of you posers!

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Windows 98 posted:

Does Joe Bob Briggs have a Twitter so I can personally apologize to him for disliking him for so long while never actually sitting down to watch him host anything. I still feel bad about being so Anti-Joe Bob. I was so very very wrong.

https://twitter.com/therealjoebob?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

Thank you. I told Joe Bob I am sorry and I feel better now.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

TheKingslayer posted:

Dennis Miller must have been some flavor of the month poo poo before my time because I only remembered him from episodes of SNL.

His show "Dennis Miller Live" was huge on HBO at the time, and HBO was of course the very channel that Tales From the Crypt was also on. I have to imagine that somebody at HBO insisted that Dennis Miller be put in the movie, no matter what the movie was or how awful of a loving actor he is.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Just watched the Friday the 13th fan film "Never Hike Alone", and as far as fan films go, it's not too shabby. Some decent shots, some nice suspense. The ending's a bit janky, but all in all, there are worse ways to spend an hour.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

King Vidiot posted:

His show "Dennis Miller Live" was huge on HBO at the time, and HBO was of course the very channel that Tales From the Crypt was also on. I have to imagine that somebody at HBO insisted that Dennis Miller be put in the movie, no matter what the movie was or how awful of a loving actor he is.

Dennis Miller was the original Bill Maher.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

So what's with all of the hype for Unsane? The whole time I was wondering when it get good and stop being dull as hell. Where you ever supposed to doubt her sanity or something, it felt so by the numbers on a path well threaded by other, better films. Seldom do I watch a horror film and not really care what's coming next because I know that there won't be any payoff, I've had farts that did that better than this film.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Windows 98 posted:

I’m just now watching his hosting of Ravager and was thinking how much more enjoyable the movie is with his commentary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
As much as I really enjoyed Phantasm III, and appreciated Phantasm for the first time (my first viewing of it was years ago and it didn't stick with me), I'm still reluctant to watch IV or Ravager. Like I heard Ravager is just plain bad and IV isn't great either.

Maybe Joe Bob can salvage them but yeah, right now finishing that Christmas marathon feels like an obligation. Like I need to get my teeth cleaned but I just keep putting it off.