Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
Sir, this is the internet, this is quite simply not done here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

"I don’t care if Biden beats Trump. I’m not offloading responsibility. If enough people feel similar to me, such as the large population of Muslim people in Dearborn, Michigan. Then he won’t"

Son of Rodney posted:

Nah I totally am serious, when I realize I'm wrong about something I try and change it.

But that’s no fun. I don’t come to this website for genuine personal reflection and the realization that as flawed human beings we must strive to become better.

I need you to double down, triple down, start posting unsourced bizarre articles, try to doxx the naysayers, and then beautifully melt down when some kind of bizarre sordid past emerges. (It turns out you’re banned from traveling to Greece and Italy solely due to anti-Roma racism, and you named your pet dog Gyppo the oval office).

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
i think its nice.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
It is, but

space uncle posted:

But that’s no fun. I don’t come to this website for genuine personal reflection and the realization that as flawed human beings we must strive to become better.

I need you to double down, triple down, start posting unsourced bizarre articles, try to doxx the naysayers, and then beautifully melt down when some kind of bizarre sordid past emerges. (It turns out you’re banned from traveling to Greece and Italy solely due to anti-Roma racism, and you named your pet dog Gyppo the oval office).

This would admittedly be funnier though

1stGear posted:

*credits play, GUEST STARRING RODNEY DANGERFIELD appears onscreen*

Lmao

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
he just dont get no respect.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

CheesyDog posted:

I'll have you know I have the unhealthy weekend binge drinking patterns of a fat powerlifter, not the unhealthy daily drinking patterns of a runner

Pancho Jueves
Aug 20, 2007

BEST FRIENDS!!

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

I put on my robe, and wizard shat.

null_pointer
Nov 9, 2004

Center in, pull back. Stop. Track 45 right. Stop. Center and stop.

McGiggins posted:

On the other hand, I really want to get another bus and go around offering random people free gear, and then just getting out and beating them to death for taking handouts, and not working to gain the gear themselves. Objectivist Bus is best bus.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Re: the American notion of gypsy has in my experience been largely "positive" connotations and implies something mystical or exotically beautiful but also distinctly feminine. I think a lot of American women adopting a sort of boho style would take it as a sincere compliment if you called them a gypsy, and I've had (white, of course) friends who have described themselves as such. Most Americans at least are more likely to think "tarot fortune teller in a caravan" than "thieving beggar" when they hear the word. I never even made the association between "gypped" and gypsy until well into my adult life.

null_pointer
Nov 9, 2004

Center in, pull back. Stop. Track 45 right. Stop. Center and stop.

Oh, god, please stop. Just post some funny quotes.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

My mom grew up in England in the 50s and told me how the gypsy girls would go around to all the houses selling flowers, and you had to buy the flowers from them because if you didn't their brothers and uncles would come by in the night later that week and rob you. Also they lived in a landfill.

Is there a like a European version of "heritage not hate" because it seems like hating on gypsies is definitely part of their heritage

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Blue Footed Booby posted:

It drives me nuts because you see hurr durr bigotry about Roma from people who wouldn't in a million years fall for the same rhetoric used to color all black folks or poor immigrants as criminals, but there's some weird disconnect with this particular group.

Poverty Goat has been unironically posting in the Heroin thread for like 10 years so he is not a reliable narrator

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Phil Moscowitz posted:

They’re called gypsies because they’re from Egypt.
:wrong: They're from India. And turkeys aren't from Turkey (or India, or Peru), either!

Content:

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Context

Dienes posted:

The r/relationships thread told me to share this here:

I briefly dated a virgin nerd in undergrad. He was sweet and very, very pretty but due to being horribly nerdy and having conservative helicopter parents hovering over him up until then, he never had a serious girlfriend.

He wanted to have sex but was painfully anxious about it. His friends suggested all sorts of things to him to help relax.- smoke some pot, have a couple shots, etc. One suggested music and he liked that suggestion.

He put on the original Tetris theme. I laughed at the time and thought he was being funny to relieve some anxiety. Except as we continued fooling around, he didn't turn it off. It kept playing, on loop, the whole time. Honestly after a couple minutes I stopped noticing it....right up until I noticed he was thrusting in time with it. That song was never meant to have a backtrack of grunts.

Since it was so helpful the first time, he wanted to play it every time. We compromised, meaning he didn't get to play it every time like he wanted but I still had to hear it more often than I ever wanted. For those wondering, no, he couldn't thrust with rhythm without Tetris playing. No, he would not listen to other music.

Yes, I did break up with him over the loving Tetris music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmCCQxVBfyM

Bruegels Fuckbooks posted:

so which came first, your custom title or this post?

Dienes posted:

Custom title? You mean Picard?

:stare: oh God

One of the greatest uses of a custom title in forums history. Click a link, it's a GIF.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

mllaneza posted:

Context

One of the greatest uses of a custom title in forums history. Click a link, it's a GIF.

:magical:

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
magical

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Postin' the gif for posterity:

:allears:

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Doesn't really sync to the music though, does it?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Somfin posted:

a Gypsy character with special skills involving fleecing idiots for cash, drinking too much (they are literally the only sourcebook with a statistical alcohol tolerance), getting bizarrely lucky, and hypnotising people with dancing.

This sounds like a bombass lifestyle to be perfectly honest.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

I love whoever did this with every drop of blood that pumps through my cold, shriveled heart.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

1stGear posted:

*credits play, GUEST STARRING RODNEY DANGERFIELD appears onscreen*

:emptyquote:

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

I come here expecting a full-on racist meltdown and instead I get a big dose of someone owning up their former shittiness and listening to their better angels instead. Luckily there is sexy Tetris to make me remember I'm on the internet :allears:

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
I knew some Romani. Very nice people. The guy did scale models of battlefields, the woman painted faces at local festivals. Well, that's my story.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Son of Rodney posted:

Oh boy, I should not have touched the poop. I will admit that seeing the replies has made me actually think about the topic again instead of defaulting to the knee-jerk (racist) reaction that comes naturally when talking about sinti and roma, and I'm doing some reading about them right now. It made me realize how deep-seated my own anti-roman prejudice actually is, as I don't see myself as a racist person at all and try hard in daily life to act against racism. I will say that americans maybe don't have a realistic view of the situation, and tend to oversimplify it, as the issues with the roman people are quite real and significant, but that doesn't excuse racism against them.

So I guess I learned something today.

hitler_face_slowly_melting_off_to_reveal_normal_person.gif

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

This sounds like a bombass lifestyle to be perfectly honest.

It's one thing for that to be a lifestyle, it's another for those to be inherent, explicitly genetic traits.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

I love the darker tip of the penis T-shaped block.

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

It wasn’t until I read these forums when I was like 17 or 18 that I realized that gypsy:

A: wasn’t the preferred nomenclature
B: was an actual ethnic group and not just a term for a group of traveling performers or other nomads

something awful: a place for learning

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Slippery posted:

I learned the limits of what it is possible for a man to do to his anus here. It's the kind of lesson that stays with you.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Limits? You still have much to learn.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Slippery posted:

What you learn from a year on the SA forums is basically equivalent to a year at a US college.

Breetai posted:

I learned the limits of what it is possible for a man to do to his anus here. It's the kind of lesson that stays with you.

I stand by my statement.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

These are not funny forum quotations

i mean as always none of them are etc. etc.

please stop the derail now ty ty

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Breetai posted:

Not a limit, a benchmark. A line in the sand. A challenge. To be better. To push the boundaries of what it is to be human and rage rage rage against those who would call them limitations.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

EmmyOk posted:

These are not funny forum quotations

i mean as always none of them are etc. etc.

please stop the derail now ty ty

You're gonna need a sprig of rosemary if you wish to fend off this curse.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Son of Rodney posted:

Oh boy, I should not have touched the poop. I will admit that seeing the replies has made me actually think about the topic again instead of defaulting to the knee-jerk (racist) reaction that comes naturally when talking about sinti and roma, and I'm doing some reading about them right now. It made me realize how deep-seated my own anti-roman prejudice actually is, as I don't see myself as a racist person at all and try hard in daily life to act against racism. I will say that americans maybe don't have a realistic view of the situation, and tend to oversimplify it, as the issues with the roman people are quite real and significant, but that doesn't excuse racism against them.

So I guess I learned something today.

I have been reading back on the thread and please keep in mind this is the reason you have not been harshly probated for the following because jesus christ

Son of Rodney posted:

it is quite hard to stay unprejudiced about them when literally every single interaction with them is them begging or attempting to pickpocket you

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

a funny forum quote for u all

that one where your man was walking to his death down a highway and admitted he wasn't brining a lightweight travel stove because he only ate pizza. ah it's great I can't find it but if you know it you can think about it now.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

EmmyOk posted:

a funny forum quote for u all

that one where your man was walking to his death down a highway and admitted he wasn't brining a lightweight travel stove because he only ate pizza. ah it's great I can't find it but if you know it you can think about it now.

:hmmyes: That's a good one, all right.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!
His hips were so bruised after 10 miles the park rangers had to rescue him from the bench he was dying on

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Is this the guy with the pram or wagon or something?

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Muerte, yeah. I can probs dig up the link if someone wants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Somfin posted:

It's one thing for that to be a lifestyle, it's another for those to be inherent, explicitly genetic traits.

Oh, absolutely. Positive stereotyping is still stereotyping. I just wanted to point out if that was supposed to make Romani sound bad it backfired, at least for me.