Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZorajitZorajit
Sep 15, 2013

No static at all...
Where's the other 70% of it gonna be?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Crow Jane posted:

We have a premiere date.
Pretty ugly poster

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Jeoh posted:

Glad it's been rated 3/10 before we even have a release date.

:same:

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Jeoh posted:

Glad it's been rated 3/10 before we even have a release date.

hosed up that it was Starz that gave that rating.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

April posted:

Seconding this. Am I the only one who thinks he sounds remarkably like Alan Rickman?

He does! I highly recommend his recent ish The Ocean at the End of the Lane, it's a quick listen and is very good, almost as good as Stardust

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Vegetable posted:

Pretty ugly poster

Aw mate, don't be so down on yourself, you probably have good features too.

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? Just put your lips together and blow...

Better set my DVR, I’m at work at 3:10pm

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

Opening scene of new season released:

https://mobile.twitter.com/GodsOnAmazon/status/1079224083844382720?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Meh

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Who will be playing Media now?

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Mierenneuker posted:

Who will be playing Media now?

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

welp im so loving in

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

counterfeitsaint posted:

I had pretty much given up on this show, but I have now ungiven up on it.

Bryan Fuller needs to stop jumping ship (or getting forced off the ship?) and stick to a single show. The dude directs some interesting stuff, but gently caress if he can keep his eggs in a basket.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Yestermoment posted:

Bryan Fuller needs to stop jumping ship (or getting forced off the ship?) and stick to a single show. The dude directs some interesting stuff, but gently caress if he can keep his eggs in a basket.

Studios need to realize that he is going to make some incredible poo poo, but it is going to be expensive as gently caress before they hire him.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
Eh, I'm not sure we can entirely blame the networks anymore. :shrug:

Fuller does amazing work and is an incredible auteur who knows how to pick his team and find talent, but I think he will never find success with a traditional network. Hopefully Netflix or Amazon will just give him $50M, no strings attached, out of their combined $18 billion 2019 programming budget for the slew of awards he will inevitably win on their behalf.
:homebrew:

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Fuller does amazing work and is an incredible auteur who knows how to pick his team and find talent, but I think he will never find success with a traditional network. Hopefully Netflix or Amazon will just give him M, no strings attached, out of their combined billion 2019 programming budget for the slew of awards he will inevitably win on their behalf.

He notorious for taking his sweetass time if he's not put on a choke chain.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Fuller does amazing work and is an incredible auteur who knows how to pick his team and find talent, but I think he will never find success with a traditional network. Hopefully Netflix or Amazon will just give him $50M, no strings attached, out of their combined $18 billion 2019 programming budget for the slew of awards he will inevitably win on their behalf.

Awards from who? Goons?

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Henchman of Santa posted:

Awards from who? Goons?

The Goonies.

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

Hopefully Netflix or Amazon will just give him $50M, no strings attached, out of their combined $18 billion 2019 programming budget

but what about the other half of the season

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

JawnV6 posted:

but what about the other half of the season

:downsrim:

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Was that even a joke? He wanted a budget of $10million an episode for season 2.

CaveGrinch
Dec 5, 2003
I'm a mean one.
Fuller made Hannibal on a shoestring budget.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

That's probably what Starz gave him for American Gods s1 and it still wasn't enough.

CaveGrinch posted:

Fuller made Hannibal on a shoestring budget.

He definitely worked better under constraints.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

He definitely worked better under constraints.

Maybe he'll learn that before he burns all his bridges and no one wants to work with him anymore.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
I hope the right people, who want to make big-money shows, see him as the guy who can slam dunk that kind of project based on the strength of season 1.

I also hope Season 2 is on par with 1, but that would also reduce the chances of the above happening.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Javid posted:

I also hope Season 2 is on par with 1, but that would also reduce the chances of the above happening.

Given the poo poo that Freemantle media was pulling behind the scenes this year, part of me is hoping not.

(I also think American Gods tanking would make Counterpart Season 3 is a lock for renewal, so that's another good reason.)

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Yeah I'm not sure all the blame can be put on Fuller anymore since they fired the showrunner after him, too.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Tom Clancy is Dead posted:

Yeah I'm not sure all the blame can be put on Fuller anymore since they fired the showrunner after him, too.

Didn't the season end up wrapping without a showrunner because no one wanted the job?

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

New teaser has been posted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QgT1X01HyQ

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

I'm really not a fan of that teaser format. I assume it's meant to be a large number of very short videos rather than one extremely disjointed one?

Looking forward to the next season despite the rumoured production difficulties though

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
If it's 75% as good as season 1 was it'll still be a great show.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

jinn/salim road trip? i'm into it

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

i say swears online posted:

jinn/salim road trip? i'm into it

Absolutely.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
I finally got around to watching this, having loved the book a long time ago. I have to say, I like how they're actually tying the interludes/side characters into the narrative.

Also Mad Sweeney is fantastic and I'm glad he got such an expanded role.

Nail Rat fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Mar 3, 2019

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Season 2 premiere in 2 hours. Trip report coming.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Lucky! 5 more days for us regular schlubs.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Wow I forgot what month it was. Didn't know it was so soon. I enjoyed last season so I hope this one's at least 3 quarters as good

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Episode 1 is, like the premiere of season 1, a bunch of weird stuff happening and I didn’t quite get a handle on why. I assume we will have things cleared up as we go along

Also I was sleepy and the audio in the theatre wasn’t great so it might make more sense when I watch it at home in a few days

This premiere was a much bigger production than Season 1, maybe because they’ve built an audience. The venue was much bigger, there was free popcorn and booze, there was a red carpet and social media influencers were invited. Unfortunately no Q&A which was really awkward because the actors were there and then slipped out at the end in full view of everyone, so everyone waited to see if there was a Q&a, but no, they just went home. Maybe the producers didn’t want to field any questions about Bryan Fuller, who knows.

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 10:49 on Mar 6, 2019

CaveGrinch
Dec 5, 2003
I'm a mean one.
https://tv.avclub.com/after-a-creat...source=Facebook

AV Club not thrilled with the first few episodes in comparison to last season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

CaveGrinch posted:

https://tv.avclub.com/after-a-creat...source=Facebook

AV Club not thrilled with the first few episodes in comparison to last season.

Sepinwall dislikes it as well.