Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Problematic Pigeon
Feb 28, 2011

Poque posted:

So what was the intended answer to the Dime Store question? Or was it just bad clue?

I think it was supposed to just be dime novel and not dime store novel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
The questions people get wrong never cease to amaze me.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Yeah, that FJ was as close to a gimme as you can possibly get, and I say that as someone who knows literally nothing about TV shows.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Poque posted:

So what was the intended answer to the Dime Store question? Or was it just bad clue?

"dime novel," and yes

Drone Jett
Feb 21, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
College Slice
LOL, Dave

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
When he got that daily double wrong my husband was like "well, he gave me what I wanted to see."

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Too many concussions for good ol' Diamond Dave :smith:

Drone Jett
Feb 21, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
College Slice
He ended his MMA career in 2010 with a four loss streak (for a career record of 3-4). “Retired MMA fighter” seems a questionable summary of his employment life.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
I just saw someone die a little on Wheel of Fortune.

Drone Jett
Feb 21, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
College Slice

Gaunab posted:

Sajak does that every night, though.

Drone Jett
Feb 21, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
College Slice
Ok, I saw it. One second away from $1 million on a very guessable clue will do that to you.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Alex was extremely not down with that guy's quidditch story

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Ugh quidditch

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
Evan was the worst and I'm glad he lost despite being from my city

Drone Jett posted:

Sajak does that every night, though.

lol

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Poque posted:

Alex was extremely not down with that guy's quidditch story

Iron Crowned posted:

Ugh quidditch

There was a Quidditch category like last week or the week before, too. Probably the latter, so at least a week ago he was reading clues regarding it. Didn't seem down with it then either.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Gaunab posted:

Sajack looked like he genuinely didn't want to show her that card.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

GhostStalker posted:

There was a Quidditch category like last week or the week before, too. Probably the latter, so at least a week ago he was reading clues regarding it. Didn't seem down with it then either.

The Quidditch category was during my wife’s game actually. She was yelling at the TV “why didn’t he get that stupid category!”

That category also didn’t do a great job at distinguishing that it was apparently on the US Quidditch league rules, vs the book. I had no idea there was a difference, but still, good lord.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

1glitch0 posted:

Sajack looked like he genuinely didn't want to show her that card.

What was the puzzle? I missed last night.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Duckman2008 posted:

The Quidditch category was during my wife’s game actually. She was yelling at the TV “why didn’t he get that stupid category!”

That category also didn’t do a great job at distinguishing that it was apparently on the US Quidditch league rules, vs the book. I had no idea there was a difference, but still, good lord.

Quiddich is the stupidest thing

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

AFewBricksShy posted:

What was the puzzle? I missed last night.

FLIPPING THROUGH PAGES

she figured it out about 3 seconds after the buzzer, which has to make it hurt even more

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Soothing Vapors posted:

FLIPPING THROUGH PAGES

she figured it out about 3 seconds after the buzzer, which has to make it hurt even more

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bezrJfi9ds

Welp.

Pikestaff
Feb 17, 2013

Came here to bark at you

I don't often watch Jeopardy but I have been these past few nights because Anneke is one of my old college buds and I've been having a lot of fun watching her make good use of her smarts :unsmith:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Another murder on Wheel

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Iron Crowned posted:

Another murder on Wheel

You can see a little part of Sajak die inside when he unveils a $1 million card.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.
Remember 8 or 9 years ago, when Sajak knew the wheel well enough that he was deliberately throwing $5000s on the final spin like 4 out of every 5 games

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Holy God, the far-right contestant on today's Jeopardy was annoying as hell, and you'll know why as soon as you watch Double Jeopardy. Dude would have had a chance to win if he weren't an idiot.

The Human Cow
May 24, 2004

hurry up
I was halfway through Double Jeopardy and couldn't figure out what you were talking about, and then it clicked and clicked and clicked and clicked and clicked...

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Timby posted:

Holy God, the far-right contestant on today's Jeopardy was annoying as hell, and you'll know why as soon as you watch Double Jeopardy. Dude would have had a chance to win if he weren't an idiot.

Far right? Whose that?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Zesty posted:

Far right? Whose that?

Not politically, but David on the right had no buzzer talent.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Ah. Just right then.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
He looked exactly like if Tan France had a baby with Jeff Goldblum

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Lmao what is this joke of a final jeopardy

Poque fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Sep 19, 2022

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
Jesus christ that was an easy FJ.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Twenty seconds before the clue popped up on the screen my husband shouted out "Calvin and Hobbes" and he's now very proud of his omnipotence.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

PT6A posted:

Jesus christ that was an easy FJ.

That was seriously a loving joke. Any moron could have gotten that.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
The clue "dim view of human nature" is ripped straight from the 10th Anniversary Book.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
I must admit that I barely know about Calvin and Hobbes so I would have missed this final jeopardy.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

DoctorWhat posted:

The clue "dim view of human nature" is ripped straight from the 10th Anniversary Book.

Yeah, that was easily the worst part.

HookShot posted:

Twenty seconds before the clue popped up on the screen my husband shouted out "Calvin and Hobbes" and he's now very proud of his omnipotence.

Yeah, me too. I was mainly curious how they were going to phrase the clue to avoid making it too obvious, and I guess we’ll never know :v:

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

PT6A posted:

Yeah, that was easily the worst part.

The question doesn't work because it can be answered by just anyone who knows the answer. :downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

HookShot posted:

on the two word world capitals final from back in december i said the answer right when they revealed the category. i couldn't believe they made it that easy (and one person still didn't get it).