Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
The Love Guru is very forgettable.
I saw the whole thing twice, I'm pretty sure I didn't fall asleep or anything but I can't recall anything but Myers in his outfit and bad accent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
It's not a film you laugh at. All you get out of it is the horrible context for lines you'd otherwise never even recognize as a reference in your everyday life.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

The only amusing thing about The Love Guru is all the nonsense BTS stuff that came out about Myers being a Kubrickian perfectionist on set of his dumbass dick n’ balls movie.

Violator
May 15, 2003

What was the idea behind it? To basically go through the different cultural stereotypes from around the world? Like Austin Powers lampooned British culture, so Indian culture was next? And he’d have a series of characters from around the world that would unite in a huge movie event? The Mike Myers Universe?

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Andorra posted:

What milestone will they have to reach for them to do Nothing But Trouble?

Never. Because nothing is worth rewatching that.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Andorra posted:

What milestone will they have to reach for them to do Nothing But Trouble?

Just wait for the next We Love Movies

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Violator posted:

What was the idea behind it? To basically go through the different cultural stereotypes from around the world? Like Austin Powers lampooned British culture, so Indian culture was next? And he’d have a series of characters from around the world that would unite in a huge movie event? The Mike Myers Universe?

Apparently Myers got like, deeply into Eastern Philosophy and became friends with Deepak Chopra. The Love Guru, weirdly, is like his... homage to all of that? The whole thing was a big passion project for him.

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

The Vosgian Beast posted:

Just wait for the next We Love Movies

I'll expect to see Zoo there at least

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Violator posted:

I don’t remember what they said?

They've mentioned multiple times not liking the two Raid movies. In both instances the complaint boiled down to "it was the same scene for 90 minutes" which is very ?????? to me since they're the only ones I've ever heard make that complaint about that movie but they're also completely united about it.

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
Chris and Steve don't like Dredd so all the guys are monsters in their own ways with action movie opinions.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
Is this a poem?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrvAnPKv4Ro

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Better be careful, Ernest Cline's sent a C&D to random people reading his stupid poem on youtube before.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

And it's live!

https://twitter.com/WHMPodcast/status/1083568523887235073

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

So I just got out of seeing Replicas, the new Keanu Reeves movie that got unceremoniously dumped into theaters with barely any marketing at all.

:staredog: :lol:

I don't want to jump the gun and say that this is 2019's The Book of Henry, especially since we're not even halfway through loving January, but it's similarly misguided and just completely batshit insane. It was so bad but I just couldn't help but laugh through most of it because of how crazy the choices the movie makes are.

A brief outline of what it's about :
Keanu works as a scientist at (what he thinks is) a biomed company. His wife and 3 kids are killed in a car crash. He's the lone survivor. He barely even sheds a tear for them before he decides to clone his family. Thomas Middleditch who plays his work buddy helps him out with this. Together they steal millions of dollars worth of research equipment from their company, and since Keanu doesn't have a generator at his house, he goes around the neighborhood stealing car batteries to hook up the equipment to. Their company only has 3 pods and Keanu has 4 people he wants to save, SO HE LITERALLY WRITES DOWN THE NAMES OF HIS DEAD FAMILY MEMBERS ON SHEETS OF PAPER, PUTS THEM INTO A BOWL AND RANDOMLY PICKS WHICH OF HIS KIDS GETS TO LIVE. HIS YOUNGEST DAUGHTER DOESN'T GET CHOSEN SO HE DELETES HER MEMORY OUT OF THE BRAINS OF HIS WIFE AND OTHER 2 KIDS.

And it gets even crazier from there. I just...I'm completely at a loss as to how this thing got made hahahahahaha :allears:

This is EXACTLY the kind of movie WHM would cover and have a loving field day with.

If you enjoy bad movies, absolutely go see this and do it soon because it'll probably leave theaters in a week or 2. There was literally one other person in the theater with me on opening night.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Replicas is extremely YMMV but I had a great time. It's Igor taking the abnormal brain played straight. Every decision is ridiculous but not unreasonable as a quick and easy solution. Also the sound design is hosed up so a few scenes sound like they are outdoors or you should be worried about birds flying through a window.

I believe it's out on VOD if you are not in America. Have a tall glass of water and watch with friends.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

I am getting pretty tired of Eric’s constant suicide jokes. His gimmick has evolved into this weird self-loathing thing that honestly makes me a little bit uncomfortable.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

On the other hand they’re pretty funny.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Invalid Validation posted:

I agree, but it's pretty in sync with my sense of humor, and I know a lot of people find that kind of stuff pretty distasteful.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Invalid Validation posted:

On the other hand, he look like shrek

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

GoutPatrol posted:

On the other hand, he look like shrek

On the other hand, you have to die anyway, why not just die as a baby?

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
[while discussing Thanos' snap] I'd love to just turn into dust.

painynumbs
Apr 1, 2011

The Vosgian Beast posted:

Better be careful, Ernest Cline's sent a C&D to random people reading his stupid poem on youtube before.
Lol. Someone should send that poem to the FBI

Apes-Ma
Aug 9, 2011

Your cage isn't getting any bigger.
What are people requesting for Listener Request Month? Almost Forgot about the whole thing.

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Apes-Ma posted:

What are people requesting for Listener Request Month? Almost Forgot about the whole thing.

Milk Money and Next are ones I desperately want.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I requested Gone With the Pope. I love exploitation and I miss A Side Order of Sleaze.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.
Going to call in with Robot Jox like I do every year. I used to watch it all the time as a kid. I'm afraid to watch it again to find out how bad it was, but from what I remember it should be perfect for the show

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
I called in Garden State. I want some Braff hate.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Apes-Ma posted:

A Little Piece of Heaven starring Kirk Cameron

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

clown shoes posted:

I called in Garden State. I want some Braff hate.
Now there's a movie I thought was great 15 years ago that I'm sure wouldn't hold up at all now and would be fun as hell to listen to them tear apart.

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
I'm probably going to call in Diamonds Are Forever. It's completely bonkers, so I think they'd have a lot to talk about

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Elderbean posted:

Milk Money and Next are ones I desperately want.

It is kind of amazing in a movie about time travel/future sight, suitcase nukes, worldwide assassin and terrorist networks, and the CIA that the absolutely most unbelievable thing is Jessica Beil and Nick Cage hooking up. Like, even in the film logic of the movie, it's unbelievable.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
Requesting Nightbreed because I love when they take on 90’s horror, and that movie thought it would be the Star Wars for horror.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Requested Paradise Alley because you get more Stallone impressions

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
I'm going to request Vibrations because the inciting incident of the movie is completely stupid. Not to mention the rest of the movie.

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

i requested mc kungfu's little known classic City Dragon, just like every year, thinking the boys will enjoy some kungfu 80s relationship drama

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Hopefully I'll remember to call in Hudson Hawk again.

I feel like I need to find a good Martin Cinemax III-level movie, too. Been too long since the guys did one of those.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
How about the Lifetime classic My Stepson, My Lover (1997)

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I just remembered a really dumb movie called Exit to Eden, think I’m gonna call that one in if I can remember.

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

I'm going to request Eve Of Destruction. Gregory Hines plays a tough-guy Colonel named Jim McQuade who is tasked with hunting down a haywire female Terminator before her nuclear-powered core melts down in the middle of New York City.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

I'd kinda love to see them die while watching Gods Not Dead