Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

DLC Inc posted:

"reach for the moon" seems apt since I'd say this engine that's fueling all their new poo poo is extremely good and RE2/7/DMCV are easily the best looking Capcom games to date.

if RE2 sells well then I have to assume RE3 is going to be fasttracked into production if it isn't already. It'd be interesting to see if they prioritize R3make or RE8 as the next in the series.

So apparently the RE2 demo is 3x more downloaded than the RE7 demo on steam. Nothing is guaranteed, it does bode well especially considering how hyped RE7 demo was by twitch streamers when it came out.

Also I agree, loving Capcom in the last 2 years. They really fixed a lot of their issues. Only SF5 and Marvel seem to be botched in some ways. SF5 they did improve it eventually but MvCi they probably didn't have much wiggle room with how tight Marvel are with their license. It's crazy how just a few years before that they were considered washed up, but they had 2 GOTY contenders with RE7, MHW. They even finally made a new Megaman game which was good, gave other games like Ace Attorney/Onimusha/Okami ports. Now if after RE2/DMCV, they tease a new Dragon's Dogma I would lose my poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

the way forward towards redeeming their fighting game division lies within doing a new Darkstalkers imo

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

I wouldn't mind another Umbrella Chronicles.

Please don't hurt me.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

Azubah posted:

Please don't hurt me.

Nah those are great games to play with friends.

Feels hollow on single player but it’s always a blast with a friend.

An update or remix would be outstanding but not sure what console

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I would in a heartbeat buy a new Operation Racoon City/Survivor game in this engine

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Azubah posted:

Please don't hurt me.

I wouldn't mind just HD versions of the existing ones. Loved those games.

And no, the PS3 version doesn't count.

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet!
Let's go, Team Outbreak HD update/remake on current gen consoles and PC!

E: Does anyone know when we can download the PC version of the full game prior to release day and wait for it to unlock? I might be without internet shortly before release day and uh... Yeah that would blow to not be able to play this when I booked time off specifically to do so :(

DeadButDelicious fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Jan 15, 2019

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

DLC Inc posted:

the way forward towards redeeming their fighting game division lies within doing a new Darkstalkers imo

But only with an interesting art style. No more Unreal engine muppets please.:barf:

Billy_Delicious
Sep 3, 2018
Game honestly cannot come quick enough, the RE3ake even more so. Nemesis is easily my favourite of the old school RE titles

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Ah well gently caress it I just bought RE4 to play while I wait for next Friday. Hook the Leon up to my veins.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Hrm whats that? Everyone is dead and Im actively being told by my superiors to derlict duty? Nah, better go into the office. Oh everybodys dead and youre bleeding out from a wound and telling me to leave you behind? Sorry, thats not protocol.

Leon S. Kennedy where the S stands for Standard Operating Procedure

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Eventually it stands for 'suplex' so it's fine

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Sakurazuka posted:

Eventually it stands for 'suplex' so it's fine

does he learn it in this game?

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

Rinkles posted:

No, the lets-try-to-appeal-to-a-wider-demographic batshit crazy doesn't start until much later

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Rinkles posted:

I hope so

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Rinkles posted:

I hope to god they retcon that in. G-virus-mutated William Birkin suplexes a car or something, camera cuts in close on Leon's face as his eyes go wide with awe

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Theres gonna be a scene where Ada says she can only ever marry a man who can suplex.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

So is there a cheap legit key that I can buy for this somewhere? Usually enhanced steam will list the cheapest place to buy the game but it isn't for this game for some reason.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I forgot that you could literally roundhouse kick people's heads into mist in RE4 right from the beginning.

I'm really enjoying this replay.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

tithin posted:

So is there a cheap legit key that I can buy for this somewhere? Usually enhanced steam will list the cheapest place to buy the game but it isn't for this game for some reason.

I bought the game off cdkeys.com a week ago, it had a 31% discount. I don't know if it's still there and if it applies to regions other than the UK.

edit: It's still there

It's a legitimate site, I get all my PC games from there and have been using it for years.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

How to make the perfect RE4 remaster

1) Update the art assets
2) By default, have all QTEs be hold button a la Sonys accessibility options.

Done

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich
Its that cd keys site legit? I'm sure i used them in a drunk/stoned haze to buy Witcher 3 like half price the day it came out and i always felt super guilty despite it working fine

Something about it feels so dirty

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

CrRoMa posted:

Its that cd keys site legit? I'm sure i used them in a drunk/stoned haze to buy Witcher 3 like half price the day it came out and i always felt super guilty despite it working fine

They buy physical keys at low retail/wholesale in third world countries then sell them to you is my understanding.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

CrRoMa posted:

It's completely legit and sells keys direct from publishers, unlike other actually scummy sites like G2A.

Don't let the name throw you off. The site has been around for years.

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich
Looks like meats back on the menu

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

It's completely legit and sells keys direct from publishers, unlike other actually scummy sites like G2A.

Don't let the name throw you off. The site has been around for years.

If that's true I've ignored cdkeys for no reason.

I also read that re2 is getting raytracing on pc? Could be cool and good.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
I always thought cdkeys was a step above g2a but not truly legit. Like not in the steal your credit card way or "selling key insurance like g2a" way.

More in the "we're selling out of region cdkeys for what it cost us to buy them and don't actually have agreements with publishers to sell those keys in the US/regions that cost more" not legit sorta way. Kinda like what cd projekt/gog had accused GMG of doing with witcher 3 keys back near launch. They buy 'em from some third party who got keys from the publisher and resell them.

edit: Like they're circumventing regional pricing by buying cheap keys from eastern europe or other areas. The keys are legit but it's something the publisher would shut down if they could (and some do by not letting those keys be activated out of the region. Capcom doesn't seem to care/notice too much I guess)

MagusDraco fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Jan 15, 2019

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich
Sounds morally questionable but also if you are charging different prices in different area then *shrug*

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

CrRoMa posted:

Sounds morally questionable but also if you are charging different prices in different area then *shrug*

Yeah pretty much. Like it ain't "we stole credit cards and bought some keys" scummy at least (which is what g2a is)

MagusDraco fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Jan 15, 2019

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

man the tram ride from hell is going to be so cool in this game assuming that boss battle is still in.

I'm foolishly hoping for the Brad zombie stuff to be in, complete with bonus costumes and Leon's modified gun aim. REMake 1's "one dangerous zombie" mode would be loving awesome here too.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
It's basically the same thing many people used to do when Nuuvem didn't enforce region locking by address checking your CC/Paypal credentials on ROW keys.
I almost went with CDKeys, but ended up wussing out for Game Billet. The difference in cost of ~$3.60USD wasn't enough savings for me to go for it this time.

CDKeys has a misunderstood past though. I was poking around before I made my purchase and found that the confusion is about G2A keys being revoked and people misremembering this and attributing it to CDKeys. One or more posts said it was an old piracy site that used their foot traffic to go legit reselling cheap keys for a profit.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

DLC Inc posted:

man the tram ride from hell is going to be so cool in this game assuming that boss battle is still in.

I'm foolishly hoping for the Brad zombie stuff to be in, complete with bonus costumes and Leon's modified gun aim. REMake 1's "one dangerous zombie" mode would be loving awesome here too.

Mr X will be dangerous enough.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

DeadButDelicious posted:

E: God I can hear each individual soundclip of that reload animation in my head. Red 9 for life.
A rare example of an actual clip in a video game.

Uh, well, outside all those WWII games that I don't play.

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo

acksplode posted:

I hope to god they retcon that in. G-virus-mutated William Birkin suplexes a car or something, camera cuts in close on Leon's face as his eyes go wide with awe

LEON: That's rad.

[view tutorial on 「Heat Actions」in the menu]

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

CrRoMa posted:

I don't think there's anything morally questionable about customers taking advantage of regional pricing, companies do it all the time by exploiting cheap labour which is far worse.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

I never liked the look of the Red 9 tbh. The Blacktail was more my style.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I want Resident Evil: Gaiden in this engine

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

I want to see Resident Evil Survivor in this engine with all the original voice acting intact

Barudak
May 7, 2007

When they remake Resident Evil 1 the next time they should include a feature where you read all the dialog for the game and when cutscenes play it uses your voice acting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I mean save everyone time and just let every line be a Jill sandwich.