Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

b-minus1 posted:

If mmt is lunches and flips scum we wil turbo you tomorrow

This is dumb. But:

Max posted:

Also MMT is playing into her scum meta. She's mostly commented on safe topics and hasn't made any hard calls about people's alignments based on how they are posting.

Sorry MMT, ILU but also die scum.

This is... inaccurate. I would argue that commenting on Keane's n0 paranoid cop claim isn't particularly safe.

On the other hand, I know I can't read you, and I try to remind myself to default to "never trust max". So:

##vote Max

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I mean sure she hasn't made any hard calls on alignment but neither had I (or a bunch of other people)?

It is possible that you're just scum who's seen an opening on a meta case.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

A lot of people haven't, but her meta is pretty rock solid.

SolusLunes posted:

This is... inaccurate. I would argue that commenting on Keane's n0 paranoid cop claim isn't particularly safe.
##vote Max

His cop claim was literally about her, she had to comment on it.

Murmur Twin posted:

I can imagine that Keane had a n0 cop, used it on me, got SCUM, but is unsure about it because his flavor implies that his sanity might be in question.

Because, as mentioned, I just played in a Pod game where I copped someone, got SCUM, but was unsure about it because my flavor implied that my sanity have been in question.

Murmur Twin posted:

Keane’s might be the first ever n0 cop claim that I’ve ever believed, even if it’s me as scum - the whole “flavor makes me question my sanity” thing feels detailed for a d1 fakeclaim, and the flavor of this game / fact that Pod just ran a game with insane cops with flavor clues makes it seem viable to me.

That said, I don’t really know what to do with that other than to make a note of it and continue playing mafia.

This is what she said. In all this, it's a fairly good summary of the situation. Beyond this, she isn't really bulldogging people about the way they are posting, or inferring people's motivations. So far she joke voted me, talked about the N0 cop and about the previous pod game. Not much else about what she thinks about other players though.

SolusLunes posted:

I mean sure she hasn't made any hard calls on alignment but neither had I (or a bunch of other people)?

Because I felt like focusing on her. It's interesting that you didn't wait to see her respond to this before taking sides though.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I mean, I'm also not voting her so include that in the "interesting" category of your response.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Also also, there are . . . 10 hours left in the day. We need to resolve the vote on someone and the current vote landscape is completely spread out.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Max posted:

I mean, I'm also not voting her so include that in the "interesting" category of your response.

I... apparently read her voting you in votefinder as you voting her. I'm good at things, I promise.

Max posted:

Because I felt like focusing on her. It's interesting that you didn't wait to see her respond to this before taking sides though.

And that's, of course, the thing I always seem to harp on people for.

I'm still suspicious of you but I had thought you'd voted her. ##unvote

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
I am down for a cashew uno lunch. Sure, lurker rules might take care of him, but zero posts?

Die.

##vote Kashuno

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
MMT doesn’t read particularly townie to me, Solus tripping over themselves to vote Max is a weird reaction

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
Gimme like three hours to get home from work and I’ll give the game effort, to this point nothing has really stood out but I’ll admit I’ve mostly been skimming on what has been a rather slow d1.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

b-minus1 posted:

If mmt is lunches and flips scum we wil turbo you tomorrow

What?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

28766f69642a2930 posted:

MMT doesn’t read particularly townie to me, Solus tripping over themselves to vote Max is a weird reaction

This. I also agree with Max on MMT and it was one of my smaller scum reads.

This post in particular stood out to me/pinged me, but it was also about her meta:

Murmur Twin posted:

:sadpeanut: :ohdearsass: :sadpeanut:

##vote Max just in case.

Fair enough.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Prince of Space posted:

Also I don't really get the whole point of claiming you're a cop.

This is CopCon we're talking about - we're ALL cops and cop-family here.

Just to get it out of the way before my other thing, this was the other minor post that had pinged me. I responded in a joking manner to it, but it really pinged me. Felt very performative.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Ok, I feel a little bad about this, but here we go.

KhediveRex posted:

As to the first point, Toal being defensive about something he prides himself on (setup spec) isn't outside the realm of the believable and doesn't necessarily make him scum. I think it's more likely to be a pride thing than a calculated move with a clearly defined agenda.

Above, you can see that KR is using the pronoun he for Toal. I happen to know this is wrong, so I noted it so I could correct him in thread.

There are no posts correcting this in thread in the intervening couple of hours, but he changes pronouns for his next post:

KhediveRex posted:

I think Toal made a bit of an rear end of theirself during the n0 cop discussion. Not as scum, just as flustered town.

---

I think this is a slip. I believe KR was corrected in scum chat and properly made the correction in his thought process going forward. That is why I feel really bad about this catch, because he was doing a good thing.

So we know someone corrected him outside of thread. One of the most likely people to correct him would of course be Toal, who we know was active in this period because they posted immediately before the above post. This one is a bit more iffy, because it is possible someone else would correct him. So not sure that I would act on it directly, but there you go.

##vote KR

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I spent the last 10 minutes or so thinking up a response to this.

This is a game with confessionals, that Podima is moderating. It's just as likely Rex posted their thoughts in there and Podima gave a correction. I don't think this is an avenue worth exploring at all.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

KB, what do you think about Rex's posts? Do you agree with their reasoning otherwise, or find it scummy?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

King Burgundy posted:

So I didn't really have any big scum feels, only a couple minor ones and then I caught up on the thread and something weird stuck out to me that potentially implicates one person and possibly a second.

But it is kinda a weird thing to catch someone on and I feel a bit bad about it so I'm debating whether or not to even bring it up.

I'll sleep on it.

I'm quoting this to illustrate something else here. You have no strong reads. Some stuff happened since this post was made, that you even said you agree with. Then you make your post about Rex looking at the use of a single word but say absolutely nothing about their behavior this game otherwise, and vote them. Bad.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

King Burgundy posted:

Ok, I feel a little bad about this, but here we go.

Above, you can see that KR is using the pronoun he for Toal. I happen to know this is wrong, so I noted it so I could correct him in thread.

There are no posts correcting this in thread in the intervening couple of hours, but he changes pronouns for his next post:

---

I think this is a slip. I believe KR was corrected in scum chat and properly made the correction in his thought process going forward. That is why I feel really bad about this catch, because he was doing a good thing.

So we know someone corrected him outside of thread. One of the most likely people to correct him would of course be Toal, who we know was active in this period because they posted immediately before the above post. This one is a bit more iffy, because it is possible someone else would correct him. So not sure that I would act on it directly, but there you go.

##vote KR

I really don't wanna punish people forgetting my pronouns right or acting like it's impossible or hard to not use the generic he him

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Not sure I agree with the conclusion, but I've definitely made connections like that as town and think KB's reasoning is coming from a town mindset.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Max posted:

I spent the last 10 minutes or so thinking up a response to this.

This is a game with confessionals, that Podima is moderating. It's just as likely Rex posted their thoughts in there and Podima gave a correction. I don't think this is an avenue worth exploring at all.

I dunno, Pod is pretty good about being a hands off Mod, so this doesn't seem like a real possibility to me. But it is interesting to me that you want to defend KR on this before hearing what they have to say on it.

Max posted:

KB, what do you think about Rex's posts? Do you agree with their reasoning otherwise, or find it scummy?

You already know the answer to this, because I posted as much. I don't really have any strong reads outside what I posted. So you know I'm null on them otherwise.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Max posted:

I'm quoting this to illustrate something else here. You have no strong reads. Some stuff happened since this post was made, that you even said you agree with. Then you make your post about Rex looking at the use of a single word but say absolutely nothing about their behavior this game otherwise, and vote them. Bad.

Clarify your stance so I can properly respond. Are you calling me scum here?

----

Toalpaz posted:

I really don't wanna punish people forgetting my pronouns right or acting like it's impossible or hard to not use the generic he him

I fully support this. I understand if no one follows me on this vote. It really feels like a smoking gun to me though, so I plan on staying there at this point unless KR convinces me otherwise.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

King Burgundy posted:

Clarify your stance so I can properly respond. Are you calling me scum here?

----

I fully support this. I understand if no one follows me on this vote. It really feels like a smoking gun to me though, so I plan on staying there at this point unless KR convinces me otherwise.

If you keep pushing this specific argument, yes. I can see a lot of avenues where KR would have corrected themselves. This is like smoke from a recently burnt out match stick, not a gun.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

King Burgundy posted:

You already know the answer to this, because I posted as much. I don't really have any strong reads outside what I posted. So you know I'm null on them otherwise.

You said absolutely nothing about Rex's big post of reads beyond this one thing.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I realize you're throwing something I said to Solus right in my face by pointing out that I'm defending KR, but this is a tremendously bad argument.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Max posted:

If you keep pushing this specific argument, yes. I can see a lot of avenues where KR would have corrected themselves. This is like smoke from a recently burnt out match stick, not a gun.

Yeah... I was hoping for something thrilling from KB but that was like the biggest scumslip stretch ever, especially with no casing really from their posting otherwise

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Not sure I agree with the conclusion, but I've definitely made connections like that as town and think KB's reasoning is coming from a town mindset.

I've made connections like that before as well, but I generally keep that under my hat and pursue that suspicion by actually engaging with the person to get them to spill more info about other players, or press them in general to see how they react.

KB has completely skipped this step

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Max posted:

Yeah, no.

So this post gives me another scum lean. There is no chance Max would see my post on KR and think that I was scum making up a case on this issue. He knows me well enough to know this was a really iffy subject for me to pursue for any reason and I wouldn't be making this up.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

KB, this is one of the worst cases I've ever seen you make.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I know you well enough that you'd actually, you know, scum hunt and press Rex on their thoughts about other players, or challenge them on their very large post about other players in this game. Again, nothing, you skipped straight to "Rex scum for this one reason."

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Max posted:

KB, this is one of the worst cases I've ever seen you make.

I mean, it's not a case. It's a scum slip gotcha. So.

Max posted:

I know you well enough that you'd actually, you know, scum hunt and press Rex on their thoughts about other players, or challenge them on their very large post about other players in this game. Again, nothing, you skipped straight to "Rex scum for this one reason."

I mean, if I had a cop result, this is how I would act, sure. But this was something I was uncomfortable connecting the dots on. So gathering more info to dump under this wasn't really something I wanted to do(admittedly I did consider it).

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

A poster to surpass Bifauxnen!

King Burgundy posted:

I think it's very considerate of you to pay close attention to pronoun usage. I understand why you've come to the conclusion you have. It is a wrong conclusion.

However, it may have opened up a line of inquiry that is actually helpful. So, good job in that regard.

I'll respond to you more fully when I've gotten a question answered.

Toalpaz, what do you think of KB's case?

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
Just noticed this: Max, when did you vote for Kashuno?

(The Votefinder update post in the prior page has zero votes for Kashuno, but the up-to-date Votefinder infographic in the OP currently has Max and Tobbs Gnawed listed as voting for Kashuno.)

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Max posted:

If we no-lunch day 1 it would be really on brand for a fraternity of cops to not prosecute one of their own. But that is intolerable. ##vote Kash

Eagerly awaiting what KB has to say.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
Thank you. Missed that somehow.

I am actually leery of anyone who would see the amount of effort that KhediveRex has already put into this ongoing CopCon investigation and think that they need to be forcibly removed.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

KhediveRex posted:

I think it's very considerate of you to pay close attention to pronoun usage. I understand why you've come to the conclusion you have. It is a wrong conclusion.

However, it may have opened up a line of inquiry that is actually helpful. So, good job in that regard.

I'll respond to you more fully when I've gotten a question answered.

Toalpaz, what do you think of KB's case?

Toalpaz posted:

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

Toalpaz posted:

See, this is an odd response in my opinion.

KB's case is predicated on the idea that you corrected me about your pronouns in a scum doc. You could easily shut his case down by telling the thread that you didn't.

Instead you're telling the thread that you don't want to vote me out over this case, while tacitly acknowledging that the case could be valid.

Town Toal knows the case isn't valid.

Scum Toal hedges while waiting to see if the case gains momentum.

##vote Toalpaz

Max
Nov 30, 2002

King Burgundy posted:

KB's case is predicated on you being corrected by someone in scum chat, not Toal.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

not Toal specifically, should read.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

KR, can you now clarify for me what happened between those two posts?

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I'm not admitting the case could be true or not, I think it's a weak case for a scum slip that's unlikely and I won't be voting on it. It is also premised on a distasteful and cynical view of the people here Imo, and I don't really want to vote on it in that case either. I don't know how you got the impression I was sitting on the fence on this.

I'm going to be actually engaging more later today. I'm just in a lot of games atm and have to manage my participation by deadlines basically.

Me saying 'I don't want to punish people for getting my pronouns right', to me, means I don't want to be voting on the case and I'm going to not engage with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

Max posted:

KB's case is predicated on you being corrected by someone in scum chat, not Toal.

That does change things a bit. But also, wouldn't Toal be the most likely party to correct me? I've never had someone who wasn't the person in question tell me which pronouns were best.

King Burgundy posted:

KR, can you now clarify for me what happened between those two posts?

I'd love to tell you there was something meaningful between the two. There wasn't. I was writing up a response to Keane that made reference to Toal. I used the generic "he". I started my next post, wrote "Toal made a bit of an rear end of himself", stopped to re-read it and wonder if it was too harsh. In the re-reading, I remembered that Toal uses gender neutral so, I changed it to theirself.

For what it's worth, I see where you're coming from. I assure you that you've read too much into it. But, like Tobbs, I think this wrong case comes from a town mindset. It has actually made you a lot less likely to be scum in my mind. Largely because I think scum would have strong hesitations about creating a case based on this. You seem to feel bad for bringing it up and there's no reason for scum to need to run with a case that they have misgivings about.

In that regard, I do find Max just a bit more suspicious now. Is the case weak? Sure. But nothing in it says scum to me and rounding on you as hard as they have is a touch outside of what I'd expect for town.