Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Impressive. Looks like he tanked an elder ring too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
You could probably sell the fishing rod for quite a bit to some schlub who wants to collect it for their standard stash.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Was a pretty good day for my casual self. First, got a Tombfist drop, which gave me 9.3ex. The most I've ever had at one time before was 3ex, so I bought myself a new hat with the Storm Brand enchant and the -9 lightning resist to close dudes.

Hit level 93. Prior high level in other leagues was 91.

Hit depth 200 (down to 218 before running out of sulphite), where my prior best depth was barely past 100.

Overall a pretty good night. I of course finished it off by dying stupidly. :v:

ThePineapple
Oct 19, 2009

cytoc posted:

I'm not a storm brand expert so take all of the below with a grain of salt (there might be something super obvious I'm missing). Your survivability looks fine, particularly with Loreweave and Elemental Aegis buffing everything further. At the end of the day, if you handle the mechanics well, you should be good.

A few cheap and easy changes that should help:
- Switch Multi-totem support for a lvl 1 20% quality culling strike
- Switch flame dash (if you're not using it) for a low level lightning golem (this is a personal choice, the attack and cast speed are nice when it's up, but the bosses may target it, which means that they're not targeting where you are moving from)
- Of your jewels only Eagle Heart and Ancient Leer seem decent for this fight, the other 3 could be upgraded
- Your flasks could be changed up, I think your jade flask in particular won't do a lot. Either ele support flasks or something to boost DPS or another life flask for more recovery from missteps

You could find small DPS upgrades by getting 20% quality on all of your supports and Herald of Thunder, but this will probably not going to make or break the fight. Also you could definitely upgrade your rings and amulet (especially the amulet), but once again, changes here are probably not going to make or break the fight.

Larger changes which will require additional re-gearing (probably not worth it IMO):
- Kaom's Roots can make a big difference surviving overlapping mechanics
- Level 20 Wrath in an Essence Worm will give a significant DPS boost at the cost of a small decrease in survivability

Thanks for the advice! I changed my flasks, switched to culling strike and upgraded one of the jewels. Managed to beat Uber Elder (first time ever!) with only two deaths. Storm brand feels much easier than Arc Totems for bossing because you actually have a lot more survivability, and your brands can't get killed like totems can.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

dyzzy posted:

I think there is less of a ceiling than you think, lots of gear slots could be improved. You're right that the helm can be made lots better with a rare, but also it probably wouldn't take much to buy or fossil craft upgrades for your off-hand and belt.

Enkor posted:

Gearwise, your life looks low. Using an ES helm, an off-hand weapon, and a vanguard belt base would all contribute.
Thanks guys, I made several changes based on your suggestions and I came out a lot tankier, and my clear speed even went up. I managed to improve my Uber to 25% but then just kept getting worse and worse at it, so I've parked that unless I can get my boot enchant done and roll up a helmet - I bought a Vortex enchanted base but my first fossil craft on it was trash and now I have to farm the mine or my currency.

cytoc
Apr 3, 2009

ThePineapple posted:

Thanks for the advice! I changed my flasks, switched to culling strike and upgraded one of the jewels. Managed to beat Uber Elder (first time ever!) with only two deaths. Storm brand feels much easier than Arc Totems for bossing because you actually have a lot more survivability, and your brands can't get killed like totems can.

Congrats, hopefully some of those suggestions helped a tad. Also hope he dropped you something decent (though seeing your character through killing uber elder is pretty rewarding all by itself).

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me.

DontMockMySmock posted:

Mjolner discharge jugg is pretty fun and good IMO

Yeah that's the one I was looking at. I want to spin and poo poo out lightning everywhere and be tanky while doing it and marauder looks like a good pick for it. I'm just punching everything with facebreakers until I can equip the gear for the build

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Finally got an inpulsa

Very fun seeing the mobs just pop

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

Ghostlight posted:

Thanks guys, I made several changes based on your suggestions and I came out a lot tankier, and my clear speed even went up. I managed to improve my Uber to 25% but then just kept getting worse and worse at it, so I've parked that unless I can get my boot enchant done and roll up a helmet - I bought a Vortex enchanted base but my first fossil craft on it was trash and now I have to farm the mine or my currency.

Yeah if you can get to 25 percent its absolutely within reach, whether you want to spend more frags on it or wait for an upgrade is up to you.

I don't remember the link off hand but there is a Uber Elder fight simulator out there that is actually pretty decent for practicing patterns.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

dyzzy posted:

Yeah if you can get to 25 percent its absolutely within reach, whether you want to spend more frags on it or wait for an upgrade is up to you.

I don't remember the link off hand but there is a Uber Elder fight simulator out there that is actually pretty decent for practicing patterns.

Lol this rules:

https://poesimulator.github.io/

devilmouse
Mar 26, 2004

It's just like real life.

If only my PoE was this performant :(

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
Just wanna give a quick shoutout to the ORB guy

ThermosAquaticus
Nov 9, 2013
Just had a Beauty through Death drop in Vaal Temple. My most valuable drop! Now, to wait for someone to actually buy it.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Where’s the best place to get cash, is it just grind syndicate?

I’m eyeing up a 40 ex RF helm, and I’ve got 10 ex to my name. I’d rather not have to run Research 15 times, as my eyes would bleed. I can do most content, can’t do Uber elder.

I need to figure out the best way to take advantage of the Elder/Shaper influence running up to Uber elder.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Wondering what order I should be shopping for upgrades on my RF Jugg - https://pastebin.com/AYTWjzja Run T14 no problem, everything but rares/bosses dies instantly. T15 is usually not bad either but some mods are a bit risky. Seemed to be lacking dps on t15 elder and still occasionally get one shot out of no where. 185 depth delve is no problem, am currently trying to push that deeper.

Have around 2.5ex at the moment to toss at it.

For fun here's my Heartbound loop cwdt meme cold occultist - https://pastebin.com/P06pHYGJ That I may throw some more currency at and finish off. Also want to try the frostbolt ice nova interaction at higher level to see how it compares.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

NitroSpazzz posted:

Wondering what order I should be shopping for upgrades on my RF Jugg - https://pastebin.com/AYTWjzja Run T14 no problem, everything but rares/bosses dies instantly. T15 is usually not bad either but some mods are a bit risky. Seemed to be lacking dps on t15 elder and still occasionally get one shot out of no where. 185 depth delve is no problem, am currently trying to push that deeper.

For fun here's my Heartbound loop cwdt meme cold occultist - https://pastebin.com/P06pHYGJ That I may throw some more currency at and finish off. Also want to try the frostbolt ice nova interaction at higher level to see how it compares.

What’s your poe character link from the website?

Found it.

I’m following this guide https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1985355

Your helm seems decent. Sort your flasks out, get one that increases damage. If you can afford it, reroll your kaoms to 40% damage.

How are your non fire resists, there’s diamond skin which’ll give you +15% resists. It’s only two points away.

May be best to spend some of your ex on running pures for more levels.

Oodles fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Jan 25, 2019

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

NitroSpazzz posted:

First of all, your flasks: Just throw all of them away and never look back. Good flasks are Sulphur/Basalt of Heat/Staunching/Warding, Witchfire Brew and Forbidden Taste and of course the all-mighty Quicksilver Flask of Adrenaline. You can also go for a Seething Divine Life Flask of Staunching, but with 2600 net regen you should not need a normal life flask.
Then you need a proper weapon. Balefire is not very good. Put your money into a better one, the easiest way would be a multi-modded shaped sceptre: Get a ilvl80+ shaped Void or Opal Sceptre, alt-regal-annul until you have Elemental Focus and nothing else (certain mods such as Burning Damage or Increased Fire Damage suffixes are also ok, but Elemental Focus is a must), then multi-mod Damage over time, Damage per Endurance Charge and Increased Fire Damage. The last prefix can be whatever you want, there's no real damage mod left.
Replace Increased Area of Effect and Efficacy with Arcane Surge and Swift Affliction. You lose ~20% area, but you gain a lot of damage.
Get Boots with movement speed and switch out Leap Slam for Shield Charge. I can only imagine how terrible Leap Slam must feel with no attack speed.

Bottom line: Your damage is really low right now, but you should not die anywhere. If you die on red tier elder as a 8000 life, 2600 regen jugg you will also die with mirror-tier gear. Learn the fight, learn when to move and what you can tank, because this is not something better gear will fix.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

Oodles posted:

I’m eyeing up a 40 ex RF helm, and I’ve got 10 ex to my name. I’d rather not have to run Research 15 times, as my eyes would bleed. I can do most content, can’t do Uber elder.

I need to figure out the best way to take advantage of the Elder/Shaper influence running up to Uber elder.

If you have 10ex you can reliably invest that into rolling t16 maps, or low level delving, or high tier delving for cities, or whatever the gently caress you want.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
btw whoever recommended 190 dps paradoxicas: they are fast closing in on 500 dps foils, so thanks for that

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...

ThermosAquaticus posted:

Just had a Beauty through Death drop in Vaal Temple. My most valuable drop! Now, to wait for someone to actually buy it.
Mine sold almost straight away at 5.5ex, fwiw. Also my most valuable drop!

remember
Nov 23, 2006

Oodles posted:

If you're looking for raw profit per hour, you're probably looking at syndicate, uber lab(enchanting a expensive base so something like a i84+ elder hubris circlet since you have money to invest) or some sort of super high investment t15 tower or elder map farming(something like monstrous treasure, strongbox sextant plus full sextant, and carto scarab).

You can also try just investing into crafting something like high ilevel abyss jewels but I don't really know how quick you would be turning a profit.

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

Finally got to maps this season, all excited to use the exalt that dropped on an early delve and promptly got choice paralysis. Spent 30 chaos on a half-decent 5-link and an amulet to even out resists and going to see how far that takes me.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Oodles posted:

What’s your poe character link from the website?
Found it.
I’m following this guide https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1985355
Your helm seems decent. Sort your flasks out, get one that increases damage. If you can afford it, reroll your kaoms to 40% damage.
How are your non fire resists, there’s diamond skin which’ll give you +15% resists. It’s only two points away.
May be best to spend some of your ex on running pures for more levels.

Wuxi posted:

First of all, your flasks: Just throw all of them away and never look back. Good flasks are Sulphur/Basalt of Heat/Staunching/Warding, Witchfire Brew and Forbidden Taste and of course the all-mighty Quicksilver Flask of Adrenaline. You can also go for a Seething Divine Life Flask of Staunching, but with 2600 net regen you should not need a normal life flask.
Then you need a proper weapon. Balefire is not very good. Put your money into a better one, the easiest way would be a multi-modded shaped sceptre: Get a ilvl80+ shaped Void or Opal Sceptre, alt-regal-annul until you have Elemental Focus and nothing else (certain mods such as Burning Damage or Increased Fire Damage suffixes are also ok, but Elemental Focus is a must), then multi-mod Damage over time, Damage per Endurance Charge and Increased Fire Damage. The last prefix can be whatever you want, there's no real damage mod left.
Replace Increased Area of Effect and Efficacy with Arcane Surge and Swift Affliction. You lose ~20% area, but you gain a lot of damage.
Get Boots with movement speed and switch out Leap Slam for Shield Charge. I can only imagine how terrible Leap Slam must feel with no attack speed.

Bottom line: Your damage is really low right now, but you should not die anywhere. If you die on red tier elder as a 8000 life, 2600 regen jugg you will also die with mirror-tier gear. Learn the fight, learn when to move and what you can tank, because this is not something better gear will fix.

Thanks for the feedback, fixed flasks and working on crafting a sceptre. Got a 98 roll doryani to use until I craft it. I may grab diamond skin as mentioned because my resists are low before endurance charges are factored in.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

remember posted:

If you're looking for raw profit per hour, you're probably looking at syndicate, uber lab(enchanting a expensive base so something like a i84+ elder hubris circlet since you have money to invest) or some sort of super high investment t15 tower or elder map farming(something like monstrous treasure, strongbox sextant plus full sextant, and carto scarab).

You can also try just investing into crafting something like high ilevel abyss jewels but I don't really know how quick you would be turning a profit.

I actually got a i84 elder hubris drop earlier.

Oh no, not monstrous treasure. I did that once and hated all the clicking.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Fruits of the sea posted:

Finally got to maps this season, all excited to use the exalt that dropped on an early delve and promptly got choice paralysis. Spent 30 chaos on a half-decent 5-link and an amulet to even out resists and going to see how far that takes me.

you seriously spent 30c on a 5 link and 100c for an amulet for the resists

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Goa Tse-tung posted:

you seriously spent 30c on a 5 link and 100c for an amulet for the resists

It sounds like 30c across both. And, also, lol that you think an ex is 130c right now.

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

Haha, 30c for both. That would have been funny and tragic though.

Exalts are around 190 atm.

I am pretty new though, my only other character got to 84 this summer. Would have played further but flicker strike was too much for the old laptop.

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

im judjing all goons cause they have bad leader, so a noral member is associated whith thoose crasy one

Personaly i would quit the goons if i was in cause of thoose crasy ppl
Clapping Larry
I have a "Corrupt an armour or weapon to have 30% quality" recipe via some Einhar business.

Will the corrupting randomly brick things like a vaal orb does, or is it just set quality to 30% and forget about changing the gear any more, which would be fine?

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
It makes it 30% and corrupts it.

It's absolutely not worth it considering you can get Hillock rank 3 to make an item 28% and leave it uncorrupted.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
At best, 30% quality vs 28% is 1.56% more damage. It's not a big difference.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I've got this game installing now, as a slight change of pace from diablo

Is there anything I should know at the start or can I just yolo it for my first dude

Social Media
Jan 21, 2010

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

I've got this game installing now, as a slight change of pace from diablo

Is there anything I should know at the start or can I just yolo it for my first dude

Just go for it. Everyone messes up their first build at one point or another

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
You should look up a build guide because if you go in blind you aren't going to be able to finish the campaign.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
these build guides are the wordiest fuckin shits i've ever seen goddamn, i dont even know what i should start reading

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

What do you like to play in Diablo? There's good beginner builds for any playstyle and I'm sure someone here could recommend a solid option or two for you.

The key thing to get right is the passive tree - the rest (gearing in particular) is easier to fix if you initially get it wrong and the choices you make during the campaign in that regard aren't permanent. Neither is the passive tree, but respecs are expensive af.

If you prefer to dive in and make a second character later once you are more familiar with the game systems, that's not the worst option as long as you're OK with your first character being guaranteed not to be able to progress into endgame (and maybe not even finish the campaign)

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

these build guides are the wordiest fuckin shits i've ever seen goddamn, i dont even know what i should start reading

The section they call leveling, since that'll tell you what passives to get. And figure out what the main spell is, when you'll get it, and what support gems it'll have.

The specific equipment won't matter until you're like 70-80s and anything else is easily/cheaply correctable if it doesn't line up.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Also just screw around with this guy and figure out the game so that you can :getin: the next league with us in March

Grimoire
Jul 9, 2003

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

They really loving are. And don't even get me started on the bullshit that is video guides.

So, you can ask here and we can give you a decent build. What's your fav diablo build? D2 Trapsin? We got an equivalent and they are strong right now. Whirly Barb? We got several flavors. Summoner, sniper dudes, auramancers/auradins, lightning sorc, we got em all. Just a couple notes: true melee is not in the best spot right now, but it'll clear the campaign and can be endgame viable albeit a slog.

My rec? Arc totems. Simple and strong and you can kite while dealing damage and observe boss patterns.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Grimoire posted:

They really loving are. And don't even get me started on the bullshit that is video guides.

So, you can ask here and we can give you a decent build. What's your fav diablo build? D2 Trapsin? We got an equivalent and they are strong right now. Whirly Barb? We got several flavors. Summoner, sniper dudes, auramancers/auradins, lightning sorc, we got em all. Just a couple notes: true melee is not in the best spot right now, but it'll clear the campaign and can be endgame viable albeit a slog.

My rec? Arc totems. Simple and strong and you can kite while dealing damage and observe boss patterns.

oh man you got a whirly barb? hit me with that whirly barb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grimoire
Jul 9, 2003

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

oh man you got a whirly barb? hit me with that whirly barb

Buddy we got whirly girls and boys a plenty.

Do you wanna:

1) Whirl for the sake of it
2) Whirl to trigger spells
3) Whirl to summon friends

edit: we don't just have whirly barb. We have whirly gladiators, and rangers, and assassins, and summoners. sometimes a whole bunch at once.

but here is a firey whirly barb https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2092338

edit 2: Once you've downloaded and set up do this, assuming you want a trad whirlybarb -ahem- CYCLONE MARAUDER

1) create your beefy boi in BETRAYAL LEAGUE (not delve jesus)
2) join /global 5555 (this is us)
3) beg for some starter gear
4) make your tree look like this. or thereabouts. should take a few acts.

5) Grab a big fuckoff axe or sword, slot molten strike and use that till lvl 12. Then get Sunder. Then keep going till you get Cyclone (act 3 I think)

Grimoire fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Jan 26, 2019