Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

Where are the tie-rod ends located on a camel?

Near the toes, I'd imagine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ProjektorBoy
Jun 18, 2002

I FUCK LINEN IN MY SPARE TIME!
Grimey Drawer

Farmdizzle posted:

Also, in Arizona, road-worthiness is an afterthought. I had to dodge a guy on Camelback once because he had probably completely *lost* a tie-rod end and was still driving on it, going somewhat straight but with his front left wheel pointed completely sideways.

In tech, they have "It compiles, ship it!"

In AZ we have "It smogs, register it!"

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Meanwhile, in New York State you can get failed on inspection if your windshield wipers have a tear

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

ProjektorBoy posted:

In tech, they have "It compiles, ship it!"

In AZ we have "It smogs, register it!"

The surprising thing is that Arizona has smog checks.

(Only in Tucson and Phoenix)

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Disgruntled Bovine posted:

Here's the rotary in question. The idiots mentioned above are entering from the bottom right lanes.

I like the fact it has an apex seal.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

Sigma posted:

Meanwhile, in New York State you can get failed on inspection if your windshield wipers have a tear

The divide between cars registered in NC and SC is enormous. We have yearly safety/smog inspections in NC, but just across the border it's run-what-you-brung. I see so many cars with only 1 or no brake lights and 9/10 times it's registered in SC.

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

Colostomy Bag posted:

I like the fact it has an apex seal.

That must be why it doesn't have turbo lane markings. Didn't want to blow out the apex seals.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Felt a sense of satisfaction yesterday. I helped someone push their car through a drive thru.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://i.imgur.com/i65SpsB.gifv

I never knew I needed a car with a retractible spoiler.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Thinking of getting a dashcam so that one day I too may upload a viral video (likely of me getting run over by a freight truck on I-35). Does the thread have any recommendations?

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Theres a big hole in the mid range area kind of like tools.

Blackvue is the best on the market, but it's expensive.

Otherwise just get the cheapest well rated one with a Sony image sensor.

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?

Alkydere posted:

Thinking of getting a dashcam so that one day I too may upload a viral video (likely of me getting run over by a freight truck on I-35). Does the thread have any recommendations?

From my researching, the Aukey Dual Dashcam gets very good reviews. I think the main thing is to get it from them in order to get the warranty.

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/CityAdrian/status/1088173713093058561

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
I live in a desert and will never have to deal with someone like that, but watching that makes me legit angry.

Get off the loving road :argh:

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

jesus loving christ

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

gently caress humanity, nuke us all.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof
These are the roads you share a pretzel with.

https://www.google.com/maps/@38.817721,-77.6410171,525m/data=!3m1!1e3

GnarlyCharlie4u fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Jan 24, 2019

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

But those are cool. :colbert:

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
Thats a diverging diamond right? I went through a few... it's pretty easy to figure out first time.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Adiabatic posted:

Thats a diverging diamond right? I went through a few... it's pretty easy to figure out first time.

The one here (the first in the country!) has signage that isn't quite aligned with the lanes, so they painted arrows on the lanes themselves to tell you where to go.

Those arrows are white.

Snow is also white.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Did this massive tard forget about wipers? :wtf:

NoWake
Dec 28, 2008

College Slice

BOOTY-ADE posted:

They're weighed down by the mass of snow that slid off the roof when they last hit the brakes. You can see them try to pop up.

Big life lesson to clear snow off of your entire car, not just the tank commander slit you gave yourself because you're in a hurry or just didn't wanna

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

I'm thoroughly confused; is the camera car supposed to go straight ahead, or veer to the left?

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Dagen H posted:

I'm thoroughly confused; is the camera car supposed to go straight ahead, or veer to the left?

This is rear view of camera car.

I got a live one:

That's not how 2 way streets are supposed to work.

GnarlyCharlie4u fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Jan 24, 2019

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
Ooooh.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Don't feel bad I was thinking the same drat thing. How the gently caress would those lanes know to go. :v:

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

BOOTY-ADE posted:

Two days ago we got a lot of snow, yesterday it rained a bunch. The snow was probably too heavy for the wipers.

E: I live in Ontario, the 401 is the province's main freeway and North America's busiest. This isn't an uncommon sight in winter here, most of us are lazy about getting the snow on the roof...

Fermented Tinal fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Jan 25, 2019

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Fermented Tinal posted:

most of us are lazy about getting the snow on the roof...

Yeah it's fuckin awesome to catch that roof load driving behind those people.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Get a brush that extends out further. You can get 99% of the snow with one of those without having to walk around the car a million times. No excuses even for the lazy.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I saw someone full on run a red light this morning, no hesitation at all. Me and a couple other cars were stopped in one lane, oncoming traffic had a left turn green and a semi was spooling up to make the turn. Then a car blows through at 45-ish. :iiam:

It surprised me so much that it made me wonder if I had spaced out and missed a green but then that would mean the semi was running the light.

Fuckin balls (or ovaries) of steel.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

xzzy posted:

I saw someone full on run a red light this morning, no hesitation at all. Me and a couple other cars were stopped in one lane, oncoming traffic had a left turn green and a semi was spooling up to make the turn. Then a car blows through at 45-ish. :iiam:

It surprised me so much that it made me wonder if I had spaced out and missed a green but then that would mean the semi was running the light.

Fuckin balls (or ovaries) of steel.

I have to come clean and admit I probably blew (well not really) drove through a read. Four way stop with signs for years. You get used to it and develop the usual 'look' out of habit coming back from grocery store near your house or whatever. So they put in a light and chances are based on habit and the zone-out probably went up to it. Looked both ways and went across. Funny thing is it is dawned on me a about a second later and I looked in my rear view mirror and the person behind me was still at the "sign".

Not my proudest moment and just goes to show how accidents can occur. But blowing through them...egads.

Anyways, coming clean. I'm not perfect.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Colostomy Bag posted:

I have to come clean and admit I probably blew (well not really) drove through a read. Four way stop with signs for years. You get used to it and develop the usual 'look' out of habit coming back from grocery store near your house or whatever. So they put in a light and chances are based on habit and the zone-out probably went up to it. Looked both ways and went across. Funny thing is it is dawned on me a about a second later and I looked in my rear view mirror and the person behind me was still at the "sign".

Not my proudest moment and just goes to show how accidents can occur. But blowing through them...egads.

Anyways, coming clean. I'm not perfect.

Definitely did the same thing once near Norwalk Raceway Park, a two-way stop I went through twice a week for years got converted to a light and one night I was totally on autopilot and treated it like a stop sign.

At least it's pretty much the safest way to blow a red light.

sleepy.eyes
Sep 14, 2007

Like a pig in a chute.
Took the turn onto my street last night and ran smack into my neighbors trashcan and tore off my passenger mirror. The can was sitting 3 feet into the road, but I'm still and idiot. :saddowns:

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

Haifisch posted:

Get a brush that extends out further. You can get 99% of the snow with one of those without having to walk around the car a million times. No excuses even for the lazy.

I have one of those extending foam ones and it's great.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

My complaint with car snow removal is there's no profit in them so basically every option out there is a wobbly lovely piece of plastic that needs replacing every fall. Where's the high end snow brush + ice scraper combos? :colbert:

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
I just drive 15 mph to the gas station 1/4 mile from my parking space and use the long squeegees they have there.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Javid posted:

I just drive 15 mph to the gas station 1/4 mile from my parking space and use the long squeegees they have there.

1/4 mile bird box challenge

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

TotalLossBrain posted:

1/4 mile bird box challenge

Saturday night at the dragstrip just got a lot more interesting

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

xzzy posted:

My complaint with car snow removal is there's no profit in them so basically every option out there is a wobbly lovely piece of plastic that needs replacing every fall. Where's the high end snow brush + ice scraper combos? :colbert:

Had one of these a few years ago, lost it, now it looks like they don't make them anymore. Dammit.

https://innovationfactory.com/products/icedozer-plus-2-0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

I ignore a red left turn signal near my house to get on the freeway when the light is green to go straight, but it's one that really doesn't need to be there. You can easily see there are no cars coming, so why sit there and wait for minutes.