Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Big fan of football me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
All the former Liverpool managers are banding together to help us to the title.

Little do they know that we can lose it without help from anyone

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

CyberPingu posted:

All the former Liverpool managers are banding together to help us to the title.

Are you prepared for Brodgers and Stevie G turning up together in a reliant robin on the last day demanding to be allowed to lift the trophy

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
That was a really satisfying match to see in person

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
you went and wrote ASHLEY OUT on the bathroom walls after 25 seconds, admit it

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Martial is supposedly signing a five year extension this week which is both cool and good.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Eau de MacGowan posted:

Are you prepared for Brodgers and Stevie G turning up together in a reliant robin on the last day demanding to be allowed to lift the trophy

I can't wait for the media pundit campaign for Liverpool to make Gerrard manager when Klopp departs, regardless of how well Gerrard has actually done at Rangers or anywhere else.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty

Brony Car posted:

I can't wait for the media pundit campaign for Liverpool to make Gerrard manager when Klopp departs, regardless of how well Gerrard has actually done at Rangers or anywhere else.
Personally, I hope we go for Giggsy.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Brony Car posted:

*Turns head slightly to look at Manchester United*

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc

Xabi posted:

Personally, I hope we go for Giggsy.

Hide yo kids.
Hide yo wife.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Poch is starting to unravel

quote:

“In the past couple of years, Liverpool have invested a lot of money,” the Argentine stressed to ESPN . “I need a washing machine, your wife asks you for a washing machine. Now I need a door, a lightbulb, a bed.

“But for us, due to a number of circumstances, we’ve tried to produce young players with great futures such as Harry Kane, Dele Alli, Eric Dier, Kieran Trippier or Harry Winks.

“We are creating players. But in this case, Liverpool need a defender, they get Van Dijk. They need a goalkeeper, who’s the best? Alisson!”

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

He's gone on that bit over the last few years about levels of the project. Every so often he does make analogies that are out there.

Basically he is kind of a crazy person

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
i mean he's not wrong. it is nice to have one jillion fake euros to go buy the best available player at a given position, and then have that player actually be good

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc

gtkor posted:

He's gone on that bit over the last few years about levels of the project. Every so often he does make analogies that are out there.

Basically he is kind of a crazy person

Or a non-native English-speaker.

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

Cannon_Fodder posted:

Or a non-native English-speaker.

So I used to believe this pretty strongly, that it was just a second language thing. But he is very, very into his own persona. I think he is more calculated than a lot of the other managers out there in regards to how his image is managed. You see this a bit when other team's supporters blast "the media" for loving on Poch despite no trophies.

He pretty clearly has a strategy and I'd say it works pretty well for him to an extent with both the media and supporters. He finds a way to say things and walk them back, and say things that get picked up just enough to make people stop pressuring the squad/the board.

As much as possible of course, since everyone can tell Spurs still aren't anywhere near the teams above them in terms of funds spent.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Salah is 2 goals away from 50 for Liverpool. Hes got 48 in 59. Fastest to reach 50 for Liverpool is Torres, who did it in 72.

drat.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

CyberPingu posted:

Salah is 2 goals away from 50 for Liverpool. Hes got 48 in 59. Fastest to reach 50 for Liverpool is Torres, who did it in 72.

drat.

Salah is good and strong, and he is my friend

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

A 'wife and her washing machine' analogy, clearly something a guy who manages his image very carefully would say, yes.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
at least wenger won loads of trophies smgdh

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread

Wengy posted:

A 'wife and her washing machine' analogy, clearly something a guy who manages his image very carefully would say, yes.

The odd mistake is to be expected when you're spending all your energies producing great young players like 28 year old, former Burnley right-back, Kieran Trippier.

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

Wengy posted:

He does have a history of saying stuff like this yes. I don't think he would think saying something like that is a problem.

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

gtkor posted:

He does have a history of saying stuff like this yes. I don't think he would think saying something like that is a problem.

That's my point, it outs him as a dumb misogynist (and not a savvy curator of his own 'image').

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
He's speaking to old football journalists so affecting the persona of a typical bloke with the ball and chain tucked away at home instead of a hip, forward-thinking foreigner can only endear him to them.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
He's lost the plot

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc

Wengy posted:

That's my point, it outs him as a dumb misogynist (and not a savvy curator of his own 'image').

Or he gave a pragmatic example that people could relate to, one of a household, which most people have, in a mostly male audience.

:iiam:

I bet he's an incel and we should be very upset by this. Let's connect the dots, sheeple.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
I hate it too when my wives ask for washing machines

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Cannon_Fodder posted:

Or he gave a pragmatic example that people could relate to, one of a household, which most people have, in a mostly male audience.

It can be both

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

When you're on Poch wages does your wife really still do the laundry? Surely you pay somebody to do it for you

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc

CyberPingu posted:

It can be both

it can, but that doesn't really mean that it must.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Vegetable posted:

Surely you pay somebody to do it for you

Yeah, his wife

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
i have a washing machine and also lots of other good stuff that i buy when I want

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001
Who amongst us hasnt coasted on a washer/dryer purchase for months if not years?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Maybe he should sell Kane to buy that washing machine like Pool did with Couts.

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

Diva Cupcake posted:

Maybe he should sell Kane to buy that washing machine like Pool did with Couts.

There has been a little bit of noise about Eriksen instead, given the delay in getting a new contract signed, and still probably providing a large fee. Not sure it works as well since Eriksen has less time on the contract...but it probably is something they at least have thought of at this point.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Reprisal posted:

Who amongst us hasnt coasted on a washer/dryer purchase for months if not years?

i would but my bitch wife wouldnt loving shut up about it

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

My dryer was built in 2002 and still going strong.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

My dryer was built in 2002 and still going strong.

what’s his name?

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

RideTheSpiral posted:

what’s his name?

Whirlpool

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
maybe it's time to hide behind the Southampton translator again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
The weirdest part in this hypothetical is that doors, lightbulbs, and beds are less of a priority to his imaginary wife than a washing machine.