Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What the hell happens next?
This poll is closed.
They literally set fire to the ring by accident 2 2.22%
They literally set fire to the ring on purpose 6 6.67%
Film 6 months of content accidentally using WWE prop belts 6 6.67%
Rehire Jeff Jarrett 23 25.56%
Start splicing in archival footage of AJ Styles and pretending it's current 23 25.56%
Accidentally switch the live Pop TV feed to the WWE Network 6 6.67%
Lose the keys to the production truck, film 6 months of content in the parking lot with a Samsung 7 7.78%
Sue a fan who flips the bird on air, lose all company rights to said fan 13 14.44%
Somehow everything gets good and they start making money (Comedy Option) 4 4.44%
Total: 90 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

poo poo, if they can get nice office jobs out of that then more power to 'em.

STONE COLD 64 posted:

now wwe can do that abyss/undertaker mania match they tried to book in 2006

gently caress, throw Sting in the mix and I'd watch it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
I'm never going to be dumb enough to say Impact is going to die because it's obviously IMMORTAL, brother. But I do feel like we will get the Team Challenge Series filmed in empty arenas/in front of green screens by the end of the year.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Yeah the rumors I read were that Abyss and Sonjay both would be just agents, but there's probably a little money in a couple one-off Abyss appearances as one of the only TNA guys that never appeared in WWE. Also an insider was telling me that Eli Drake was going to be signed around spring of last year so that's not shocking.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
This wrestling company barely exists and is on its last legs, yet it was somehow going to be able to sign Kenny Omega and Chris Jericho according to WO? Don't buy it at all, even with the Callis/Jericho friendship and creative control poo poo. Someone as image conscious as Jericho would only hurt his image appearing on the low rent wrestling show that comes on after airsoft gun competitions.

quote:

Callis was very close to deals with both Kenny Omega and Chris Jericho before AEW came in. The expectation before AEW is that Omega would work for New Japan and do 30 dates per year here, and Jericho would work here because he’s have so much input on his creative if he wanted to work another year with New Japan. Obviously if Jericho had decided to end New Japan, he’d have gone to WWE, and that would have negated working here

Also, I'm glad to see that Kahn is at least as smart as Toby Keith in that he knew buying Impact was an incredibly dumb idea:

quote:

By the time the first story broke about Bloom, Jim Ross and Jericho starting a promotion with Khan, none of that was accurate other than Khan still had interest, but only if the right talent was available, with the key being the Young Bucks not signing with WWE. Jericho had pitched the idea of Khan buying Impact rather than starting up a new promotion, but Khan wasn’t interested.

Tato fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Jan 24, 2019

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
It was nice of Jericho to try and make the sale happen, but yeah unless a billionaire is funding IMPACT Jericho will never work there (besides maybe a one-off)

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Screaming hip and cool

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/status/1088987537538981889

No Josh during breaks tonight as they're running a live event. Here's to hoping that archival footage is back instead.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

This is the same match/show that was airing this time last week.

I'm counting that as a bad sign. Maybe unfair but Josh Matthews last week pushed momentum.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

STAC Goat posted:

This is the same match/show that was airing this time last week.

I'm counting that as a bad sign. Maybe unfair but Josh Matthews last week pushed momentum.

Nah, that's fair. Last week was a terrible whiplash.

Edit: Oh hey, the pre-show is back at least?

J-Ro fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Jan 26, 2019

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Santino preshow is back. Good sign.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

That Swann / El Hijo Del Vikingo match should be fuuuuuuuun.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I've literally never heard of El Hijo del Vikingo (or Vikingo) so I'm coming in blind on him.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

GODDAMN

Edit: yo, y'all should check out Swann vs Vikingo.

Edit 2: Hmmm... this I could be ok with.

J-Ro fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Jan 26, 2019

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Cool match. Wacky submission. Moment of truth...

Don Callis chatting. BOOOOOOOOOOOO!

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

I know people don't care about Sami Callihan but I'm enjoying this Rich Swann story-line.

Edit: MELISSA!

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I always find it weird that Melissa Santos started wrestling badly in WOW.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

J-Ro posted:

I know people don't care about Sami Callihan but I'm enjoying this Rich Swann story-line.

Edit: MELISSA!

Agreed. I might not care about some of the players, but I really like that they're telling stories. Stuff feels like it's happening for a reason.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, the Sami/Swann story is alright. I guess ultimately I'm not a Sami fan but he's an effective heel foil when you have other players involved.

I kind of hope Kiera and Jodynne take Rosemary's spooky advice to leave the feud and move onto something else because it would be kind of cool if Impact had like 4 active storylines going in the women's division. I think I count 3 right now depending on where Taya goes as champ.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Holy gently caress that dropkick was brutal.

Edit: putting the belt on Taya before the Mexico trip was smart.

J-Ro fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Jan 26, 2019

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Its still bad but at least this guy seems to know what he's doing with Twitch and conversation with two people is marginally more interesting than Josh Matthews dicking around his house.

Which ironically Callis just made fun of.

edit: That seems like impractical workout gear, Scarlett.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Well then

https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/status/1089008944712945664

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

That was an ok show but the magic of that first episode is clearly dead.

Callis is now streaming with Scarlett Bordeaux and the other guy rage quit for some reason. I don't understand Twitch or social media. I'm old.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

That split-legged second rope spear was something I've never seen before, wtf.

This was a good wrestling show imho, opener was fantastic and so was Taya vs Keyra. All of the Rascalz got a chance to shine. Main event feud isn't groundbreaking by any means but I'm ok with all of the involved parties beating the poo poo out of each other.

STAC Goat posted:

Callis is now streaming with Scarlett Bordeaux and the other guy rage quit for some reason. I don't understand Twitch or social media. I'm old.

So last week was terrible with Josh slumped over on his couch. If they're leaning into this whole "let's watch Impact together and interact with us" deal (which it seems they are) - even though that's not my thing - I can dig that. Especially if they do switch the host for Melissa Santos.

J-Ro fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Jan 26, 2019

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, the show was probably better than "ok". I think I'm just bummed about the streaming commercials thing.

Rascalz were all good, Swann/Vikingo was good, and I kind of like the Moose/Kross thing even though I liked them more when they were Austin Aries' flunkies than their own men. But I've always been a sucker for twin tower shitkickers. And Impact's a good champ since he can wrestle a bunch of different heels with different styles. Doing these multiple rivals targeting him thing is a solid angle for awhile.

And I really like the women's division.

But god do I hate listening to people sitting alone on their laptops yelling and what that forces me to confront about myself.

edit: Jack Evans vs Hector Garza. This is the sort of thing I would have liked during commercials.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Jan 26, 2019

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
I said it late last year but between now and March is really key. The company simply isn't bringing in money.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

rovert posted:

I said it late last year but between now and March is really key. The company simply isn't bringing in money.

Not for nothing but you could have said this at any point in the last 13 years and it would have been true

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Diamante's gone

https://twitter.com/aerialmonroe/status/1090370724190175237

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

More shocking to me is the fact that Monroe wasn't signed by the WWE? I thought she was pretty good.

No beef between MLW and Impact:

https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/status/1090626568706277377

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

why the poo poo are they running a live event at 11PM on a thursday night

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

DJExile posted:

why the poo poo are they running a live event at 11PM on a thursday night

because it's Mania Weekend

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

sportsgenius86 posted:

because it's Mania Weekend

aaah didn't even think of that.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/FightfulWrestle/status/1091426735868923904

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/XtremeEffect/status/1091188107251204096

https://twitter.com/loppo3587/status/1091192551808397312

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Weird flex but ok.

We're ~25 minutes away from a new episode. More lucha! More Swann / oVe back-story! Probably more Josh Mathews during breaks :suicide:

https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/status/1091139107038867456

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I think MLW and Impact merging makes a lot of sense, but I doubt Court has the money to make that happen

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

loving lmao at both of these

nobody watches our show but we've got followers, dammit!!

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Jimmy Jacobs just hangs out shirtless with Don Callis and it's great. Everyone should check out the LAX & Daga vs Lucha Bros & Taurus, it was fantastic.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

added to the OP

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Yesterday's stream was the first 2019 Impact to fail to break 7000 peak viewers, peaking at 6397. This is down 2335 (or 26.7%) from last week, and down 1469 from the previous low two weeks ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Yesterday's stream was the first 2019 Impact to fail to break 7000 peak viewers, peaking at 6397. This is down 2335 (or 26.7%) from last week, and down 1469 from the previous low two weeks ago.

No one was watching it on my timeline and a lot of IMPACT wrestlers were out and about working on indie shows last night. Fully believe those figures.