Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Max posted:

I’m happy to kill someone tonight but spoiler, I’m killing who I feel like.

Max...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

CCKeane posted:

Right now I'd say I think Toalpaz is scummier than GK.

Gotta admit I don't see it.

Podima posted:

:cop: Final Votecount for Day 3 :cop:

KhediveRex (6): CCKeane, 28766f69642a2930, hambeet, Prince of Space, Asiina, Asiina, Max, Tobbs Gnawed
hambeet (2): CCKeane, Prince of Space, CCKeane, Prince of Space, Tobbs Gnawed, King Burgundy, Prince of Space, Prince of Space, Toalpaz, Toalpaz, Asiina, Toalpaz, Max, Asiina, Max, Tobbs Gnawed
Prince of Space (0): hambeet, Toalpaz, hambeet, Toalpaz, Toalpaz, Toalpaz
Asiina (0): Prince of Space, Prince of Space
CCKeane (0): 28766f69642a2930, 28766f69642a2930

Not Voting (3): Asiina, George Kansas, KhediveRex

With 11 cops still alive, it took 6 votes to ban someone from CopCon.

Thinking back on this vote and the shift off of Hambeet and onto town during a closish tie. With known scum Birb on the KDRex vote and coupled with Keane's result on him I think it would make Beet a good lunch. Either we win or we know how Keane's cop works exactly. This doesn't really fall into the Max plan though so I understand if we prioritize lunches differently.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

CCKeane posted:

Right now I'd say I think Toalpaz is scummier than GK.

Toalpaz posted:

I hope we receive GK's news a little earlier today so we can actually start playing some mafia

In the interest of "playing some Mafia" I was holding off on revealing this until we heard some Night action results from BottleKnight/George Kansas, but honestly I don't think we're going to hear from them:

Last night, using my Surveillance Cop abilities, I Tracked Toalpaz who was looking into George Kansas. Toalpaz's claimed Night Action from Night 4 checks out.

If any of the claimed Rookie Cops (CCKeane, BottleKnight/George Kansas, Toalpaz) are going to be an Activist-in-hiding, it's going to be BottleKnight/George Kansas.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

What, I’m a cop.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
I visited Asiina last night but my action failed. Catching up on the thread now.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

George Kansas posted:

I visited Asiina last night but my action failed. Catching up on the thread now.

Let's hear your Night 3 results, while you're at it.

Something tells me it also failed.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Prince of Space posted:

Let's hear your Night 3 results, while you're at it.

Something tells me it also failed.

I didn't realize there was a deadline on when to put in my action so I ended up not submitting an action N3.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
So, how does this 'Freely Bannable' stuff work for lurker rules?

Would we need to vote out George Kansas first, and then afterward we'd have the option to vote out a second person with an extended deadline?

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Prince of Space posted:

So, how does this 'Freely Bannable' stuff work for lurker rules?

Would we need to vote out George Kansas first, and then afterward we'd have the option to vote out a second person with an extended deadline?

Yeah. I believe I would get hammered (but my flip won't be posted until end of day) and then you can all vote out someone else as well.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

ok I'm caught up on the thread and I'm probably the most sus on beet. Having them literally say they wanted birb to kill them with their vengeful townie thing was weird. If I were town I would want to not die, even if I were the target of discussion, because I know I'm town and staying alive is good for the win. Actively wanting to die when you have a claimed town PR isn't good and that's probably who I most suspect atm.

Max is probably town. If he is SK, I just don't understand why you would claim what he claimed. Would not vote him.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
I've been pining for a beet lunch for ages.

I actually love beets.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

George Kansas posted:

Yeah. I believe I would get hammered (but my flip won't be posted until end of day) and then you can all vote out someone else as well.

Thanks. I wasn't sure if there would be a system involving a separate vote on you or not.

For what it's worth, you just being around and responding takes a load off my conscience.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Prince of Space posted:

Thanks. I wasn't sure if there would be a system involving a separate vote on you or not.

For what it's worth, you just being around and responding takes a load off my conscience.

i get this horrible thing where once i've started not looking at the thread for a very normal and fine reason for a bit, i feel guilty for doing so, and then that guilt kinda spirals, it's very stupid of my brain to do

i'm very bad about it but i'm working to get better!!

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

For what it's worth GK, I think it's scummy that you visited the doctor'd target on the night of a no kill. But then again idk why you would claim that as scum.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
So, here's Night 4's claimed results:

Officer Asiina, Neighbo(u)rhood Cop
Visited: n/a
Visited by: Tobbs Gnawed, George Kansas, Night-Killer?

Officer George Kansas, Rookie Cop
Visited: Asiina - failure due to Tobbs Gnawed
Visited by: CCKeane, Toalpaz

Officer CCKeane, Rookie Cop
Visited: George Kansas - failure due to Toalpaz
Visited by: n/a

Officer Hambeet, Election Cop
Visited: n/a?

Officer Max, Killer Cop
Visited: n/a?

Officer Prince of Space, Surveillance Cop
Visited: Toalpaz - success: Toalpaz visited George Kansas

Officer Toalpaz, Rookie Cop
Visited: George Kansas - failure due to CCKeane
Visited by: Prince of Space

Officer Tobbs Gnawed, Lenient Cop
Visited: Asiina - success, Asiina protected from Night-Kill

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Toalpaz posted:

For what it's worth GK, I think it's scummy that you visited the doctor'd target on the night of a no kill. But then again idk why you would claim that as scum.

Either way you look at it, George Kansas' night action failed due to Tobbs Gnawed.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Yeah and even though I succeeded I don't know I prevented the NK. It could have been withheld.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Prince of Space posted:

Either way you look at it, George Kansas' night action failed due to Tobbs Gnawed.

I'm not sure it's as ironclad as that, we don't know anything about unflipped scum and GK could have lied about what his action entailed.

I'm fine with flipping Beet first and maybe coming back to this tomorrow if we haven't won but like... scum lie about things... so...

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Yeah and even though I succeeded I don't know I prevented the NK. It could have been withheld.

Yeah it's possible.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Toalpaz posted:

Agreed, and agreed.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
Do we want to coordinate the Rookie Cops before tonight? We still don't know how accurate their results are.

Keep in mind Tobbs Gnawed, Lenient Cop, plans to protect Prince of Space (me) Night 5.

Here's an example:
Hambeet is voted off Day 5.
CCKeane, Rookie Cop, Investigates George Kansas
George Kansas, Rookie Cop, Investigates Toalpaz
Toalpaz, Rookie Cop, Investigates CCKeane
Max kills somebody?

Here's another example:
George Kansas is voted off Day 5.
CCKeane, Rookie Cop, Investigates Max
Toalpaz, Rookie Cop, Investigates Hambeet
Max kills somebody?

Here's yet another example:
George Kansas, Rookie Cop, Investigates CCKeane
Toalpaz, Rookie Cop, Investigates Asiina
Max kills somebody?

I suppose before we do all this planning it's important that we decide who to vote off today and whether we should have Max do their thing tonight.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I already have a town result on Asiina though fyi. Unless you really want me to investigate her twice.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Whatever is fine with me, if game doesn't end with beet then you can't broadcast your target POS. I am gonna doc you though so whoever you track, we'll have your results.

If we aren't trusting cop results then why not have all rookies withhold their actions?

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Toalpaz posted:

I already have a town result on Asiina though fyi. Unless you really want me to investigate her twice.

Ah, I didn't catch that earlier - bad example then!

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Prince of Space posted:

Here's yet another example:
George Kansas, Rookie Cop, Investigates Asiina
Toalpaz, Rookie Cop, Investigates CCKeane
Max kills somebody?

Mafia edit ^^^

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

If we aren't trusting cop results then why not have all rookies withhold their actions?

With a little management and coordination we can work out whose Rookie results can be trusted after tonight.

CCKeane has gotten 1 result, on Hambeet: "Scum"

Toalpaz has gotten 1 result, on Asiina: "Town"

George Kansas has gotten 0 results

Moving forward with this info:
- - -

We can vote off Hambeet today to determine how accurate CCKeane's Investigations are.

If Hambeet being voted off doesn't end the CopCon investigation, the following should occur:

Tobbs Gnawed will use their night action to let off Prince of Space tonight, and is therefore the likeliest target for the Night-Kill.

George Kansas should Investigate Asiina tonight so we can cross-check their results with Toalpaz's "Town" result on Asiina.

Toalpaz and CCKeane should decide between themselves who to Investigate out of the following people: George Kansas, CCKeane, Toalpaz, Max and (maybe) Tobbs Gnawed. Perhaps they should Investigate each other?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Max posted:

I’m happy to kill someone tonight but spoiler, I’m killing who I feel like.

Lol

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I'm fine with us investigating each other. That might be the simplest way to do things, but I do think Keane is town because I'm assuming the kill wasn't withheld.

I don't know what the best strategy is exactly.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:cop: Votecount for Day 5 :cop:

George Kansas (1): hambeet

Not Voting (7): Asiina, CCKeane, George Kansas, Max, Prince of Space, Toalpaz, Tobbs Gnawed

With 8 cops still alive, it takes 5 votes to ban someone from CopCon.
The current deadline is February 03rd, 2019 at 8 p.m. EST -- that's in about 1 day, 2 hours.

:cop: Asiina is ON NOTICE! George Kansas is FREELY BANNABLE! (Their flip will be posted at the end of the day.) :cop:

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

George Kansas posted:

ok I'm caught up on the thread and I'm probably the most sus on beet. Having them literally say they wanted birb to kill them with their vengeful townie thing was weird.

Lol, because he didn't actually have that power. Come on? Lynch bomb threat from scum caught at the night kill?

Never heard that one before.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Be patient, votefinder.

We're playing mafia here.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

hambeet posted:

Lol, because he didn't actually have that power. Come on? Lynch bomb threat from scum caught at the night kill?

Never heard that one before.

I can't believe DB pulled that off in pokemon mafia to dodge the d1 lunch.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I've been pining for a beet lunch for ages.

I actually love beets.

I love beets too, obviously.

You've been pining for this, not based on any actual scum hunting, but based on a result by keane that keane doesn't even believe anymore.

You say I've not been scum hunting, but I'm throwing shade. It's all perception because if the result didn't come up and I reengaged like I did when real life slowed down, you probably wouldn't be beat this dead horse so bad.

But instead this is just confirmation bias in action because nothing I say or do can change your mind. You've just viewing any new evidence or actions in your mind in a way that fits in with your existing beliefs of me being scum instead. But hey, you do you I guess. :sigh:

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Lol @ George Kansas not knowing there was a deadline for actions. If there is a final scum this is he.

I say if because we could end up in the position of all scum dead and the game keeps ticking because of an SK. We could already be at that point (idk I haven't acrually ran the numbers though).

So I'd think that would make Max a higher priority than me, you know, the person who has already killed town and who doesn't want to night kill the target town would agree on by majority as per asiina's plan (all super townie of Max BTW).

So I'll ##vote max because we need to eliminate all of the threats to CopCon. we can some back round for George tomorrow if required.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

hambeet posted:

Lol @ George Kansas not knowing there was a deadline for actions. If there is a final scum this is he.

I say if because we could end up in the position of all scum dead and the game keeps ticking because of an SK. We could already be at that point (idk I haven't acrually ran the numbers though).

So I'd think that would make Max a higher priority than me, you know, the person who has already killed town and who doesn't want to night kill the target town would agree on by majority as per asiina's plan (all super townie of Max BTW).

So I'll ##vote max because we need to eliminate all of the threats to CopCon. we can some back round for George tomorrow if required.

This is a scumpost

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

No it's not.

Bring some evidence, make a case. Don't just fling mud.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Because the last twenty four hours have been a bit on the stressful side and I'm still super tired, I'm going to back off now because I'm starting to get annoyed and I don't want to be rude to people here.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Why do you suddenly have a problem with me killing Kash?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

It feels like a scum post to me because having the crux of your argument be “he killed town come like 3 days after the fact is scum reaching to paint a target on not themselves.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Pretend I included a “ in there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

aslfdjlhadsjkhlawdsf

i was focusing on hunting scum then and didn't really worry too much about whether you were a town vig or sk, filing it away for later. now as we're at the pointier end and i've had time to think on it, and because luckily i'm still alive, i've brought it up again.

am i not allowed to bring up things from previous days? is there a time limit on when i can or cannot raise things? a statute of limitations? or is that only when it relates to you? don't bother to address what I've said, just continue to dismiss it as 'inconveniently timed'.

the fact of the matter is you don't have the conviction of someone like tobbs regarding my alignment. i feel that you don't care if i flip scum or town and i feel that's because you're probably the serial killer. the lynch doesn't matter to you, as long as it's not you.