Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

:chloe:

Bader is so loving lame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Well Scott Coker, you got Fedor to the finals this time. I hope it was worth it.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

CommonShore posted:

:chloe:

Bader is so loving lame.

He used to walk out to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhuE09XP-m4

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

1st AD posted:

He used to walk out to this:

His walkout on Saturday had the imperial march theme in it too.

He really wants people to get the reference in his nickname.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
Knocked out by a loving jab lmao.

Who told Ryan Bader was a jab is?

eshock
Sep 2, 2004

It was a lead hook.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
this looks p good so far, they just need to add 35 more fights for a true rizin card

https://twitter.com/shiroobi/status/1090873632513875968?s=19

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

King Mo vs Prochazka is apparently for the inaugural light heavyweight title

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
When’s the last time king mo even won a fight

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
He's lost his last two, but beat Rampage most recently back in 2017. I think he's also been out with injuries as well.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Coming into a cross-promotional championship match while on a losing streak in both promotions is pretty historically impressive.

eshock
Sep 2, 2004

It really seems like Ben10 is gonna get murdered.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

What are promotion's obsession with putting a title on King Mo? Is it the crown?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

coconono posted:

What are promotion's obsession with putting a title on King Mo? Is it the crown?

They want a light heavy champ, these two are available, and Mo beat Jiri 4 years ago

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

eshock posted:

It really seems like Ben10 is gonna get murdered.

That fight is rad as all hell.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://www.mmamania.com/platform/amp/2019/2/2/18208912/anthony-rumble-johnson-partners-up-with-bare-knuckle-fighting-championship-mma-ufc

Lol

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

Which is worse, actually fighting in a bare knuckle league, or NOT fighting for a bare knuckle league?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

Which is worse, actually fighting in a bare knuckle league, or NOT fighting for a bare knuckle league?

Johny Hendricks

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
So he's working for fighter relations of the company that stiffed all it's fighters? Interesting.

Or was that another bare knuckle league, gently caress, I can't keep track of the podunk freak show stuff.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

CRISPYBABY posted:

So he's working for fighter relations of the company that stiffed all it's fighters? Interesting.

Or was that another bare knuckle league, gently caress, I can't keep track of the podunk freak show stuff.

The company that stiffed all of its fighters was based in Casper, Montana. This one appears to be based in Mexico, so it's probably more reliable.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

CommonShore posted:

The company that stiffed all of its fighters was based in Casper, Wyoming. This one appears to be based in Mexico, so it's probably more reliable.

FTFY. There's no Casper in Montana, and Montana's MMA promotions are actually decent and fighter friendly for the most part.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

which is the one that Bec Rawlings fights for because she looks pretty healthy and well paid.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

FTFY. There's no Casper in Montana, and Montana's MMA promotions are actually decent and fighter friendly for the most part.

:doh:

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse

coconono posted:

which is the one that Bec Rawlings fights for because she looks pretty healthy and well paid.

That's the one Rumble is working with, Bare Knuckle FC is the "good one". The other one is World Series of Bare Knuckle or something like that, and Bas Rutten is president of whatever is left of it

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

https://twitter.com/PunchKickChill/status/1091854352053166081

:pcgaming: Moat fights ramping up the hype machine

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

This isn't even B-league really but is still loving hilarious

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKyr7qpHp6s Start at 2:40

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Brut posted:

This isn't even B-league really but is still loving hilarious

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKyr7qpHp6s Start at 2:40

Is there any context to that fight other than the ref not seeing the towel being thrown in and someone from the corner stupidly jumping in to try to stop it?

That sure escalated quickly for no reason if there isn't. Like Conor vs Khabib levels of quickly.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The ref didn't see the towel, and when the one fighter's corner visibly climbed the cage I assume the other fighter's corner did the same offscreen because they thought something stupid would happen, and the combination of it all caused something stupid to happen anyway

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Everyone rushed the cage but I didn't see any cornermen throwing punches in there or anything.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://www.skysports.com/more-sports/other-sports/news/29877/11631366/sky-sports-to-show-bellator-mma Sky Sports reached a deal with Bellator for live TV distribution in the UK and Ireland

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
There’s a Bellator event in Newcastle tomorrow that’s so prestigious that I can’t find any evidence that it’s airing in the US at all.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Boco_T posted:

There’s a Bellator event in Newcastle tomorrow that’s so prestigious that I can’t find any evidence that it’s airing in the US at all.

i would assume its exclusively on Da Zone

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

LobsterMobster posted:

i would assume its exclusively on Da Zone

For US viewers, it is going to be free on a previously-unknown "Bellator App", with no cable authentication required.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Bellator running regional spot shows further proves that MMA is the new pro wrestling.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Rigel posted:

For US viewers, it is going to be free on a previously-unknown "Bellator App", with no cable authentication required.

Is that just bellator.com/live ?

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Is there any context to that fight other than the ref not seeing the towel being thrown in and someone from the corner stupidly jumping in to try to stop it?

That sure escalated quickly for no reason if there isn't. Like Conor vs Khabib levels of quickly.

As far as I know it was just the towel, but if someone follows German MMA they can maybe provide more details.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Chris James 2 posted:

The ref didn't see the towel, and when the one fighter's corner visibly climbed the cage I assume the other fighter's corner did the same offscreen because they thought something stupid would happen, and the combination of it all caused something stupid to happen anyway

Brut posted:

As far as I know it was just the towel, but if someone follows German MMA they can maybe provide more details.

Thanks for the responses. I didn't know of there was extreme bad blood between the fighters or what the way it all went crazy.

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed
Jesus which crime boss(es) did Tenshin piss off?

https://twitter.com/MichaelBensonn/status/1094540491813781504?s=19

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
Let it be kickboxing this time :pray:

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

The Japanese tradition of matching their national heroes in unfavorable squash matches continues

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed
I hadn't thought about it until Kimbo's reply but Davis has been vocal about his problems with Mayweather (who is his promoter) so there is a nonzero chance if this somehow happens that Floyd is setting up Tank to get kicked to death.