Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

graventy
Jul 28, 2006

Fun Shoe
the memes feel like Elon is desperately trying to establish distance from it being an official channel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

graventy posted:

the memes feel like Elon is desperately trying to establish distance from it being an official channel.

Except ol'Lonny is posting Tesla/SpaceX shill stories inbetween the memes.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Is the tinfoil rocket rebuilt yet?

also basically Tesla didn't wire the battery pack correctly so some
of the bandoliers are open circuit
https://twitter.com/GatorInvestor/status/1092065169121906688

etalian has issued a correction as of 15:52 on Feb 3, 2019

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
For a brief moment in time, they created so much shareholder value.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

The fact that Tesla couldn't screen out open circuit defects/battery capacity QC escapes is sort of telling.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
the dates align pretty well with the production push that led to a whopping 17% 14% FPY on produced vehicles.

the fact that even 17% 14% was apparently optimistic is frankly hilarious.

infernal machines has issued a correction as of 17:38 on Feb 3, 2019

Teal
Feb 25, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

etalian posted:

Is the tinfoil rocket rebuilt yet?

also basically Tesla didn't wire the battery pack correctly so some
of the bandoliers are open circuit
https://twitter.com/GatorInvestor/status/1092065169121906688

I hope the control circuit still tried to juice it to the same total coulomb charge and so the batteries that were left connected correctly are now ruined

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

infernal machines posted:

the dates align pretty well with the production push that led to a whopping 17% FPY on produced vehicles.

the fact that even 17% was apparently optimistic is frankly hilarious.

I work in Quality and remember reading about different approaches to quality.

Tesla is basically the Soviet approach which was focused on did you meet your unrealistic production goals not if
they widgets produced were any good.

Morphix
May 21, 2003

by Reene
wtf

https://old.reddit.com/r/TeslaLounge/comments/amp4o9/nav_on_autopilot_experiences_on_salt_covered_roads/

Thankfully the big brains have a solution

Teal
Feb 25, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo
Do EVs/hybrids generally light up the tail lights when regen braking without the brake pedal getting touched?

Everyone knows the real brake check is downshifting hard and letting the gas go, which won't light the tail lights either.

(lol at them failing to engineer it)

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Teal posted:

Do EVs/hybrids generally light up the tail lights when regen braking without the brake pedal getting touched?

Everyone knows the real brake check is downshifting hard and letting the gas go, which won't light the tail lights either.

When software engineers try to run a hardware product line company.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Morphix posted:

Thankfully the big brains have a solution

quote:

GoTesla[S] 2 points 2 hours ago

Good point. I would have except I had car full of people.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

lmao at tthe whole family in the car gasping and going omg holy poo poo we almost just all died holy f*CK

and im in the driver's seat doing my best captain jean luc

coMPUTER: BUG REPORT: i braked and the car almost murdered everyone i love. love the car tho

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
elon make it so if you say computer tea earl grey hot , a picture of a steeping mug of tea pops up on the ipad

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

God this makes me irrationally angry

Like do these people think that cars should be driving in the road whose essential and legally required safety features are still WIP? Like wtf is wrong with them

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Teal posted:

This is speculation, so a pinch of salt here, but I wouldn't be surprised if the answer is no. It's analogous to engine/jake braking, which I believe (again, don't hold me to this) does not require the brake lights to be activated.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
can someone please stop the 40 year old CEO from doing memes, its making me sick

Anti Plum
Sep 15, 2007

iospace posted:

This is speculation, so a pinch of salt here, but I wouldn't be surprised if the answer is no. It's analogous to engine/jake braking, which I believe (again, don't hold me to this) does not require the brake lights to be activated.

I’ve heard the i3 does.

Morphix
May 21, 2003

by Reene

Lord Stimperor posted:

God this makes me irrationally angry

Like do these people think that cars should be driving in the road whose essential and legally required safety features are still WIP? Like wtf is wrong with them

It's still early days for Tesla

What I wonder is if Tesla has been loving with their 'data' on crashes to make it look like Autopilot was always off. Like who is your Insurance agency going to trust, you or Tesla, who said they have computer logs.

The gun battery thing was suspect as gently caress, and at this point I wouldn't put it past Tesla to try and cut some of their insurance rates and decrease warranty repair by sticking some of their owners with repair bills.

Jimong5
Oct 3, 2005

If history is to change, let it change! If the world is to be destroyed, so be it! If my fate is to be destroyed... I must simply laugh!!
Grimey Drawer
The newer Volt/Bolt turn on their brake lights over a certain deceleration threshold. The 1st gen volt did not because it didn’t decelerate hard enough to trigger the lights.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Tesla: How is battery capacity test formed?

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

Teal posted:

Yes. The threshold is usually 0.12G deceleration.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

drgitlin posted:

Yes. The threshold is usually 0.12G deceleration.

It's almost like real car companies already thought of this..

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

iospace posted:

Nope, every EV I’ve been in will light the brake lights if you’re slowing down by regen. I make a point of asking the engineers that question at each launch and the answer is always yes.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

drgitlin posted:

Nope, every EV I’ve been in will light the brake lights if you’re slowing down by regen. I make a point of asking the engineers that question at each launch and the answer is always yes.

Actual engineers realized this could be a issue and already came with a solution unlike tesla's guys?

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

etalian posted:

I work in Quality and remember reading about different approaches to quality.

Tesla is basically the Soviet approach which was focused on did you meet your unrealistic production goals not if
they widgets produced were any good.

Hey now at least the Soviet Union worked. Unlike Tesla.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Lmao Ol' Musky summoned Progenitus instead of just cheating it into play like everyone else who's ever played it. x'D

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Probably old news ITT, but the Fyre Festival doc is like a dress rehearsal for Tesla/Star Citizen

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

can't wait for elon to announce a music festival on mars and start selling tickets

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

they have excellent coverage... just no parts or supply chain to actually effect repairs

oh, and actually because of this no one wants to do repairs on teslas, so actually coverage is not so good in reality

they opened a new tesla workshop here like a year ago, it caught on fire the same day it opened.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Nebakenezzer posted:

Probably old news ITT, but the Fyre Festival doc is like a dress rehearsal for Tesla/Star Citizen

Is the Hulu or Netflix doc better?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Katt posted:

Hey now at least the Soviet Union worked. Unlike Tesla.

A yugo still works in cold weather climates?

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

etalian posted:

One of them is produced by the scammers the other one had to pay a scammer six figures for his testimony

They’re both worse

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003

etalian posted:

The Hulu doc paid Billy McFraudster to appear in it, even though he comes off looking like a criminal. the Netflix documentary was made by the scumbag social marketing team that helped promote the festival. you kinda have to watch both.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

it's scammers all the way down

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

can't wait for elon to announce a music festival on mars and start selling tickets
Tyre Festival.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

etalian posted:

A yugo still works in cold weather climates?

often just as well as it works in warm ones.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

drgitlin posted:

The Hulu doc paid Billy McFraudster to appear in it, even though he comes off looking like a criminal. the Netflix documentary was made by the scumbag social marketing team that helped promote the festival. you kinda have to watch both.

ill watch neither. all i remember about the coverage was a shitload of rich people being briefly exposed to the tamest version of mild, developed-world poverty and it becoming an international news event and high-profile class action lawsuit, and how it made me really glad i didn’t own a gun or have access to explosives. it’s probably not a state of mind that’s healthy for me to revisit.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

OMGVBFLOL posted:

ill watch neither. all i remember about the coverage was a shitload of rich people being briefly exposed to the tamest version of mild, developed-world poverty and it becoming an international news event and high-profile class action lawsuit, and how it made me really glad i didn’t own a gun or have access to explosives. it’s probably not a state of mind that’s healthy for me to revisit.

‘My dad’s private jet landed and there wasn’t any champagne on the runway as promised and then the villa didn’t have air conditioning and we had to eat cold cut sandwiches.’

I just want to hear their bones crack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003

red19fire posted:

‘My dad’s private jet landed and there wasn’t any champagne on the runway as promised and then the villa didn’t have air conditioning and we had to eat cold cut sandwiches.’

I just want to hear their bones crack.

There were no private jets, the organizers hired some charter planes. a whole bunch of people got scammed but the ones that really got fucker were all the locals who were working for the festival who got stiffed.