Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Also, ivara is queen of conservation if you want to do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

This is fixed now disregard.

Vegastar fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Feb 10, 2019

NORTH-HALL
Jan 15, 2005
"Barney comes to play with us whenever we may need him!"

Lightning Knight posted:

Well, if any of you desire to play on Xbox and require a carry, shoot me a PM or email (in my profile) and I’ll help you out. I’m almost MR 21. :)

Been forever since I last tried to find xbox goons. Did you have much luck?

I wish the capture the base phase of heists would work better and actually spawn that case thing you need more.

I'm Norfball in game.

mentalcontempt
Sep 4, 2002

Is there a discord for PS4 players? I’m on the PC/Switch discord but there don’t seem to be many PS4 players there. Almost wishing I’d started up on the Switch instead but I have no desire to repeat the grind.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

mentalcontempt posted:

Is there a discord for PS4 players? I’m on the PC/Switch discord but there don’t seem to be many PS4 players there. Almost wishing I’d started up on the Switch instead but I have no desire to repeat the grind.

Check the OP, there's a PS4 community you need to join.

Edit: to join the PS4 clan that is. How they communicate I don't know.

v1ld fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Feb 6, 2019

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
We communicate mostly by silence.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I am terrible at answering in game messages. I only realised this morning when I awoke the system from standby that someone had been asking for help clearing uranus.

The PS4 doesn't seem amazingly populated, truth be told.

KongGeorgeVII
Feb 17, 2009

Flow like a
harpoon
daily and nightly.
I'm playing on Ps4 but I only started a week ago so I'm a scrub. I'm also Australian which doesn't seem to sync up much with the goon clan I joined. The most other clan members I've seen on at once is 2.

Still, I'm having a blast playing the game. I haven't leaned into getting help yet, been farming up my own mods but I might at some point for some of the harder to get stuff. I'm probably going to drop some cash just to get an armour bundle and some colour palettes to make my warframe look pretty.

I've farmed up rhino and have been blowing things away with a Kohm (until it runs out of ammo). I hit a roadblock at Europa though because I can't seem to solo some of the defense missions. I'm not dying but I can't stop the defense target from dying, specifically the one you have to defend in the fight Chroma mission. I've just started building Frost though so in a few days I should be able to give it another go and in the meantime I'll be farming up MR, credits, endo and prime parts.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Raptor1033 posted:

We communicate mostly by silence.

Stern, very stern, silence.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Mesadoram posted:

Wow that is a giant patch... So does Fortuna change a lot?

It doesn’t change a lot per se, but it’s a really effective refinement of what they started with Plains of Eidolon. The advancement system is generally more fair and requires less grind, the map is larger, there’s more side activities, the bounty system is better implemented, kitguns are a bit easier to figure out than zaws, the area is much prettier, and the voice acting and storytelling has improved along with stuff like character models and animations.

NORTH-HALL posted:

Been forever since I last tried to find xbox goons. Did you have much luck?

I wish the capture the base phase of heists would work better and actually spawn that case thing you need more.

I'm Norfball in game.

Not really. I know of one other Xbox goon lol. I’ll add you when I wake up, I’m about to crash for the morning.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Lightning Knight posted:

The advancement system is generally more fair and requires less grind,
Also worth noting that if you're a veteran who transferred to switch, you can just buy rep by going to ticker, buying debt bonds with your vast unused piles of resources and credits, and then trading them directly for rep. Fortuna is way, way easier to grind through than Plains.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Lightning Knight posted:

It doesn’t change a lot per se, but it’s a really effective refinement of what they started with Plains of Eidolon. The advancement system is generally more fair and requires less grind, the map is larger, there’s more side activities, the bounty system is better implemented, kitguns are a bit easier to figure out than zaws, the area is much prettier, and the voice acting and storytelling has improved along with stuff like character models and animations.

My first impression is that it is pretty great. But I didn't finish the star chart or even start the plains so yeah... Should probably do that first.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Chilling Reload alert on PS4. YOU NEED THIS MOD, and it very rarely shows up on alerts.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Ha, I was looking in chat for it last night. Glad it was up and easy to get.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Mesadoram posted:

My first impression is that it is pretty great. But I didn't finish the star chart or even start the plains so yeah... Should probably do that first.

Yeah the open world areas are definitely not geared towards new players. Especially in Fortuna, it feels like enemies in Fortuna generally do more damage than similarly leveled enemies on the star chart.

There’s definitely stuff there for you and it’s worth doing lower tier bounties to get rep slowly but don’t stress about the open world zones, especially if you don’t have your skateboard yet.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Where all can I use my ArchWing? And how do I launch?

Also, as a not-Star Chart completer... should I/can I go after a K-Drive yet?

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Feenix posted:

Where all can I use my ArchWing? And how do I launch?

Also, as a not-Star Chart completer... should I/can I go after a K-Drive yet?

You can use your Archwing in Archwing missions, certain missions on Uranus and a spoiler location, and in open world areas. You need to get the segment for your foundry from a clan and the materials from POE.

K Drives, to my knowledge, can only be used in the open world zones. You can easily get one just by doing the introductory Fortuna quest.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Lightning Knight posted:

You can use your Archwing in Archwing missions, certain missions on Uranus and a spoiler location, and in open world areas. You need to get the segment for your foundry from a clan and the materials from POE.

K Drives, to my knowledge, can only be used in the open world zones. You can easily get one just by doing the introductory Fortuna quest.

Thanks for this.

To clarify, I have an Archwing. If I wanna use it in Fortuna or The plains, do I need something more? How do I deploy it?

[Ed] wait I think I got ya. I need launcher segments or something.

Feenix fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Feb 8, 2019

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Feenix posted:

Thanks for this.

To clarify, I have an Archwing. If I wanna use it in Fortuna or The plains, do I need something more? How do I deploy it?

[Ed] wait I think I got ya. I need launcher segments or something.

Yes, sorry, the launcher is for open world usage. It is no longer a consumable, build once and use.

Be warned that Archwing is vulnerable in the open world areas, you still have your standard weapons and enemies have a rocket that one hits you out of the Archwing back to the ground. You can break the lock by running or blinking on Itzal but it can’t be blocked by Amesha as far as I can tell.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

man that rugs really gonna tie the lander together

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

gently caress i love the synths in the fortuna soundtrack

My Crab is Fight
Mar 13, 2007
I started playing this on PS4 recently, I played this some years ago and didn't get on with it, but now i'm really liking the movement system and just how smooth it all is. Runs pretty well on ps4 pro too. My PSN is electricolor, I'll go looking for the warframe goons group as well. Currently my main frame is the Nezha, chakraming around is pretty fun.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I got a Riven mod for Pistol. I guess I have to do a melee stealth kill on like x number of unaware enemies without taking damage. Any tips on that?

Also, I don’t remember what this was like on PS4 but playing on Switch I notice that anytime I want to scale a wall or whatever I’m ALWAYS blocked by the tiniest lips or ledges. It’s annoying as gently caress.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
New to the game and started on Switch. Really looking forward to grinding this out with goons. I wanted to know if hammers were a good weapon and how to get them...I'm really fascinated by this game, I know there's some big story twist but I've never seen any spoilers on it at all, not sure how I find it let alone if I'm actually playing war within main questline. Also this thread needs more pretty princess screen shots.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I’m not super deep into the game but I have played a long time. Everything has weird, creepy art and aesthetics. Then you get used to it and the weirdest thing is you’re playing one day (today for me...) and you see a human-looking character and it looks so out of place. What’s up with that?

It seemed like a player but maybe it was an npc fighting on our side?? Plains of Eidolon

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Feenix posted:

I’m not super deep into the game but I have played a long time. Everything has weird, creepy art and aesthetics. Then you get used to it and the weirdest thing is you’re playing one day (today for me...) and you see a human-looking character and it looks so out of place. What’s up with that?

It seemed like a player but maybe it was an npc fighting on our side?? Plains of Eidolon
oh no :ohdear:

finish second dream

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
How's Baruuk? His playstyle looks interesting.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Feenix posted:

You have not yet mastered the anime, you are unprepared for such knowledge.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

i thought you weren't supposed to be able to see them before completing Second Dream

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

Bobby Deluxe posted:

i thought you weren't supposed to be able to see them before completing Second Dream

No, you can see them. Even on early maps people sometimes just stand around at the extraction point just showing off their anime space child and firing lasers at each other. It's just that outside of doing that most of the stuff you would use your kid for involves being invisible.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Now I feel bad for getting my lad out to recharge my energy on lith rifts.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Now I feel bad for getting my lad out to recharge my energy on lith rifts.

Eh, the average new player wouldn’t notice or be able to contextualize and DE also openly releases new relevant content and advertises it in patch notes at this point, we’re about 2 years past the fair spoiler warning and yet most people still have no idea so I think the community is doing well on that front.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Yeah I saw that a long time before I reached that point in the story and my reaction was "huh I guess there's human style skins?" There's like zero context for it otherwise unless as noted you're looking at patch notes and such (which I do not)

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I jist realised he might have been talking about the hostages.

mentalcontempt
Sep 4, 2002

Edit: never mind

mentalcontempt fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Feb 10, 2019

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Anyone on Switch have a spare Smeeta DNA imprint? I finally farmed the DNA to make one, just need one more to make the Smeeta.

Also, how do I imprint my Kavat's DNA?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
What’s the easiest way to find the little blue things I need to scan on Mars in order to open up Phobos Junction?

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

Feenix posted:

What’s the easiest way to find the little blue things I need to scan on Mars in order to open up Phobos Junction?

Ask in discord/clan chat if anyone has a loot radar mod you can have. There's pet versions, frame versions and a frame aura version, and they'll all highlight items on the minimap, including special icons for the somachord tones and cephalometric fragments.

Ironically, one of the rewards for that junction is the Warframe loot radar mod.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Vegastar posted:

Ask in discord/clan chat if anyone has a loot radar mod you can have. There's pet versions, frame versions and a frame aura version, and they'll all highlight items on the minimap, including special icons for the somachord tones and cephalometric fragments.

Ironically, one of the rewards for that junction is the Warframe loot radar mod.

I have aThief’s Wit mod on my frame. Upgraded it to like the number 28. Is that range? Feet? Meters? In any case if that’s the kind of thing I should be using I guess I just need to keep looking...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
I got a half off coupon and thought it would be cute to buy a Gravimag. Turns out the launcher comes from the Orb bounties lmao it’ll be awhile before I get my comedy ground Fluctus.