Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

The cursed part is I can’t really tell if that’s pro-trump or anti-trump

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Everyone that understood Watchmen versus Rorschach fans . jpg

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

chernobyl kinsman
Mar 18, 2007

a friend of the friendly atom

Soiled Meat

Blast of Confetti posted:

feeling proud over what a bunch of dead people you're related to and trying to get a piece of it is lame as gently caress lmao

everyone should be wholly divorced from their country and culture and ancestry and family. we should all be perfectly atomized individuals, isolated and detemporalized, eagerly serving the capitalist order at all times, with no connection to the past or the future

chernobyl kinsman fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Feb 11, 2019

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
na bro im just saying dont be dicks to immigrants because your granpappy came to america before them

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

chernobyl kinsman posted:

everyone should be wholly divorced from their country and culture and ancestry and family. we should all be perfectly atomized individuals, isolated and detemporalized, eagerly serving the capitalist order at all times, with no connection to the past or the future

Found the guy that thinks he's special because someone within a vague range of his skin tone once did something important.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Found the guy that thinks he's special because someone within a vague range of his skin tone once did something important.

Unless I am grossly misreading it then I think it is actually a proper indictment of late capitalist thought.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Unless I am grossly misreading it then I think it is actually a proper indictment of late capitalist thought.

This is how I read it

pseudosavior
Apr 14, 2006

Don't you do cocaine at ME,
you son of a bitch!

Blast of Confetti posted:

na bro im just saying dont be dicks to immigrants because your granpappy came to america before them

Weirdly enough, my immigrant grandfather had taken a strange hard-right anti-immigrant stance in his old age.
I'm not sure how much of it is bog-standard Fox News brain-poisoning and how much of it is him just being an old Scottish rear end in a top hat doing what old Scottish assholes do.

Unrelated:

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

Burt Sexual posted:

Cursed is the amount of money spent on that thing as a joke.

that's a paying audience so the city made a ton of money on that (honest, it looks like a street carnival but they cordon off the area and only let you in with a ticket)

Burt Sexual posted:

Can someone translate what the announcers are saying about it?

they explain the iconography and praise how well the God Emperor Trump float captured Trump's scowl; they contrast and compare with a different Trump float (!). they don't seem familiar with the source material. it's pretty neutral

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

noether posted:

I'm just saying that it's really hard to differentiate between folks who are poking fun at otherkin and such for their genuine ridiculousness, and trolls who are doing it to push an agenda or to express an underlying bigotry

Look, I know you weren't talking to me - but you sort of hit a nerve, and it's why I stopped posting earlier. Is it bigotry if I don't see the difference between identifying as a woman and identifying as a Fox? I'm not judging, and you can do whatever you want, but am I supposed to think one is normal, and the other is silly? Having people id as a different gender makes a TON of sense to me, from my personal experiences, from observing "gay" behaviors and the range of attractions I've seen and experienced.

But that doesn't make it "normal" or somehow "better" or more real than identifying as a fox. For example, the person who identifies as maxi-pad ( this was discussed earlier in the thread ) is somehow a joke, but now that they are in therapy and identifying as a woman, I'm supposed to say "How heroic!" glad everything worked out? If I think that someone who is trans-racial might have a mental illness - that's ok. But now if I tell you they are MTF, and they might have a mental illness, I'm trans-phobic and a bigot? ( again, talking about the same person, who is also poly, into-age play, and all the other tumblr crap that goes along with it ) I respect pronouns, I try not to be biased when making important decisions, and in general am all about live and let live.

Not agreeing with you, or asking you to justify something that seems logically off to me - doesn't make me a troll or that I'm trying to push some deep dark agenda. I'm not intolerant. I think if you feel you are in the "wrong" body, and you believe you are something that you physically do not appear to be - you might be suffering from body/gender dysphoria or a mental illness. If the way you choose to treat that condition is through changing your dress, speech, relationships or even surgery - I might not like it, or it might make me uncomfortable - but so what. That's my problem, not yours.

But if you see people making fun of otherkin, and are cool with that - but uncomfortable when people are poking fun at gays or straights, or trans, or blacks, or whatever - that is about you, and where you draw the line between You and Other. It's just a difference of degree. They are all people, and all jokes land somewhere. I mean, I'll quote that otherkin from a few pages back who had the best line ever, and wish it was my senior quote:

anyway, have some more cursed people doing cursed things to cursed children:

#generic cursed

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

pseudosavior posted:

Weirdly enough, my immigrant grandfather had taken a strange hard-right anti-immigrant stance in his old age.
I'm not sure how much of it is bog-standard Fox News brain-poisoning and how much of it is him just being an old Scottish rear end in a top hat doing what old Scottish assholes do.

This is really common. They see themselves as Americans who earned it. This is common with Latinos and other ethnic groups, and I think it explained why the left was confused on why they weren't up in arms about Trump calling illegal immigrants rapists and what not. They felt he wasn't talking about them.. he was talking about "those Mexicans" or whatever. I'm in a red state, and this is super common. Also 70 year old fox watchers aren't super into being self-reflective.

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

:ohno:

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Screaming Idiot posted:

He's in deep with Scientology and has been since his Fresh Prince days. He's not as out about it as some celebrities, but he's still involved with their cult.

That's depressing, he always seemed like the more levelheaded type of celebrity

YagotmeIdidit
Jan 10, 2018

How do we make geek uncool again?

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

lmao god drat

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Why did they even bother with those early promo shots of Smith dressed as the genie, when he's clearly 100% CGI and it's just his voice. I mean, I guess they mocapped his performance, but still. Those images looked terrible.

Because apparently he will be both. Read a thing that when he's blending in with people it will just be Will Smith and when he's genie he will be blue.

Don't know if that's true or not but I'm not gonna do the Goon thing and slam down assumptions after one trailer.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

The cursed part is I can’t really tell if that’s pro-trump or anti-trump

It's like "this bad thing actually looks kinda neat"

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

"Spending 10,000 years in Bel-Aire will you such a crick in the neck"

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Rubber ducky suicide machine??

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

kcroy posted:

Is it bigotry if I don't see the difference between identifying as a woman and identifying as a Fox? (a bunch of bigoted poo poo follows)

Yes, it absolutely is.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Who What Now posted:

Yes, it absolutely is.

Yeah, people can actually be women. They can't be foxes. Good enough for me.

Moose struck by lightning:

gently caress this texture.

http://imgur.com/gallery/r34Pouv

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Brawnfire posted:

Rock the casbah, rock the casbah

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Brawnfire posted:

I don’t think this has ever been confirmed as being from a lightning strike or some sort of disease. Pretty gnarly regardless.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Brawnfire posted:

please help, yesterday my gf took a poo poo on my moose after shaving it and now woke up to this. Should i be worried

Senior Management
Jul 3, 2011

Please don't post my EDC. I need to keep my tactical craisins a secret.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Brawnfire posted:

Fallout 4 retextures coming along nicely.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

The link isn't working.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Am prepared for day ruined, pls respond.

a peck of pickled peckers
Aug 3, 2014

I am your Redeemer! It is by my hand that you arise from the ashes of this world!

They let kids come to The Gathering?

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

a peck of pickled peckers posted:

They let kids come to The Gathering?

you know they do

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

https://twitter.com/slimyswampghost/status/1092655438246567941?s=21

:stare:

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Y'all are sending me back down an SCP wiki rabbithole.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Phlegmish posted:

That's depressing, he always seemed like the more levelheaded type of celebrity

yeah. Part of me hoped it was just some hollywood politics move, but when I saw his kids getting the ole scientology brain washing, I figured it was the real deal.

Senior Management posted:

Please don't post my EDC. I need to keep my tactical craisins a secret.

You have some interesting food options. I just go with a simple potassium delivery device as shown. I think I might add in the old bay spice though!

:nws: i.imgur.com/F6YDgJa.jpg :nws

YagotmeIdidit posted:

How do we make geek uncool again?

Pretty sure geek stopped being cool already. Sadly that duck will never work ( at least in the US ) due to GFCI outlets. You gotta use an extension cord.

I'm running low on curse

have some metacurse

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

much like the starwars prequels, the backstory in my mind was much better.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

kcroy posted:

have some metacurse

I want to give this nerd a wedgie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Squab is delicious.