Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

CCKeane posted:

What'd I miss?

mmhmmm suuuuuuuure :rolleyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Anon is a good vote as well.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Somberbrero posted:

I can't tell if beet is post shaming me or not

it would be cool if hum flipped scum bc that rhymes, but honestly I feel a little better about voting anon still

Humalong, scumalong.

Welcome to Tobbstown, population 1.

Names are important.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Hi I voted DB because I did not think the second rolling start called in this game would actually happen, but I still thought it was funny to vote someone probated.

KRex voted DB because they “hate day 1” which is usually a scummy thing to say I feel.

My biggest scum reads today are:

Binus for hopping from vote to vote without any real justification besides a “well the cases seem good” and that only after being called out on it.

KRex because their only content today has been a few jokeposts, a vote on DB, and now relentlessly pushing the case on me. It reads like scum trying to get in on a push early, not to mention accusing me of changing my argument so that when I flip town they can play it off as “well maybe if he had not been so evasive we would have known he wasn’t scum”.

One of the lurkers is probably scum. My pick would be either ASF or bowmore. My past experience with bowmore is that they never post anyway, and ASF tends to lurk even more than usual when scum.

Beyond that I have slight scum reads on Toalpaz for all the grasping at straws they’ve done today and Infinitum for what feels like a huge change in posting frequency. Scared scum? Maybe.

Right now I’m gonna ##vote binus as my best pick. I am fully prepared for the OMGUS accusation, but with how dodgy they’ve been about their alignment combined with the bad voting well after jokephase has ended I feel pretty certain about this.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Humalong, scumalong.

Welcome to Tobbstown, population 1.

Names are important.

Scumbrero?

Also Anon did show up once I started mentioning her name but didn't really say much. I think I'd rather hit ASF who's totally ghosted this game.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Toalpaz posted:

Scumbrero?

Also Anon did show up once I started mentioning her name but didn't really say much. I think I'd rather hit ASF who's totally ghosted this game.

I usually read Somber as scummy but I think he's on the level this game.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Somberbrero posted:

I can't tell if beet is post shaming me or not

it would be cool if hum flipped scum bc that rhymes, but honestly I feel a little better about voting anon still

Well sorta kinda. I just wanted a bit more out of you on humalong as it was a relevant topic and you had sort of commented on it.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Mr. Humalong posted:

Hi I voted DB because I did not think the second rolling start called in this game would actually happen, but I still thought it was funny to vote someone probated.

KRex voted DB because they “hate day 1” which is usually a scummy thing to say I feel.

My biggest scum reads today are:

Binus for hopping from vote to vote without any real justification besides a “well the cases seem good” and that only after being called out on it.

KRex because their only content today has been a few jokeposts, a vote on DB, and now relentlessly pushing the case on me. It reads like scum trying to get in on a push early, not to mention accusing me of changing my argument so that when I flip town they can play it off as “well maybe if he had not been so evasive we would have known he wasn’t scum”.

One of the lurkers is probably scum. My pick would be either ASF or bowmore. My past experience with bowmore is that they never post anyway, and ASF tends to lurk even more than usual when scum.

Beyond that I have slight scum reads on Toalpaz for all the grasping at straws they’ve done today and Infinitum for what feels like a huge change in posting frequency. Scared scum? Maybe.

Right now I’m gonna ##vote binus as my best pick. I am fully prepared for the OMGUS accusation, but with how dodgy they’ve been about their alignment combined with the bad voting well after jokephase has ended I feel pretty certain about this.

O rly

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I’m feeling pretty good about Somber, even if I think the case on AAI is bad. Also feel pretty good about flerp and Tobbs, which might be blasphemous to both of them.

I would not seriously vote Max today, either.

Everyone else is kinda null, although I feel ok about DB right now.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I usually read Somber as scummy but I think he's on the level this game.

With like four or so posts of content?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Mr. Humalong posted:

I’m feeling pretty good about Somber, even if I think the case on AAI is bad. Also feel pretty good about flerp and Tobbs, which might be blasphemous to both of them.

Ooh ooh do me

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

hambeet posted:

With like four or so posts of content?

I may be biased because I think AAI is scum.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Mr. Humalong posted:

To clarify, I think Somber is just misreading AAI’s usual posting style as an affectation. This is what I meant originally, but I’d like to state it in the clearest terminology possible.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

hambeet posted:

Ooh ooh do me

I refused to participate in Inf’s attempted rolling start you because you are the sun in my sky, the stars that guide me at night

The oasis in the desert of mafia

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
“Bad voting well after jokephase has ended”

Please explain

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I may be biased because I think AAI is scum.

I don't see how aais alignment would be indicative of sombreros outside of "they voted with me" but at least you are up front about it i guess.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Mr. Humalong posted:

I posted that because scum and SK play completely differently from each other. A SK would scum hunt and try to build town cred, a scum would coast and try to push bad votes on town (or purposely misinterpret posts to push a narrative), yet AAI has posted the exact same way in all 3 games. I thought that would be easy to interpret from my post but I guess not, so I’m sorry it was unclear. I would not vote AAI today because of a null tell such as their posting tone.

I would vote AAI for lurking, though.

this looks kinda hand wringy and damage controlish to me (im almost caught all the way up :toot:)

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
this is where im at ##vote humalong

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Mr. Humalong posted:

I refused to participate in Inf’s attempted rolling start you because you are the sun in my sky, the stars that guide me at night

The oasis in the desert of mafia

That's not what I meant but thanks.

:wink:

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

hambeet posted:

I don't see how aais alignment would be indicative of sombreros outside of "they voted with me" but at least you are up front about it i guess.

I mean it would be hilarious if AAI ended up being the vote and they were both scum, but yeah I don’t see it either.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

hambeet posted:

I'm making connections between unflipped players which is like a logical fallacy of mafia.

Hard habit to break honestly.

Gotta stick to my roots. Setup spec. Scum bus and buddy-up. A good scum's flip tells you nothing about their scumbros. Tunneliness is next to townliness.

gently caress yes it's dayquil o clock.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

hambeet posted:

That's not what I meant but thanks.

:wink:

You seem like the usual town beet right now, prodding other people for content. Slight town lean

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I'm sorry I'm trying but posting more than an hour after a Dayquil dose is gonna lead to errors in processing.

:hai:

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

b-minus1 posted:

“Bad voting well after jokephase has ended”

Please explain

https://www.votefinder.org/player/b-minus1

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Thanks

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Dick Bastardly posted:

this is where im at ##vote humalong

I'm glad you caught up on everything, demonstrably so, and then voted for the current fave.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Mr. Humalong posted:

You seem like the usual town beet right now, prodding other people for content. Slight town lean

Oh thanks. I was making a do me play on words but nm

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

hambeet posted:

Oh thanks. I was making a do me play on words but nm

Sir I have been single most of my life and missed every signal that my ex was about to bail on me for who she thought was a better opportunity do you think I can pick up on that kind of thing

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

hambeet posted:

I'm glad you caught up on everything, demonstrably so, and then voted for the current fave.

tbh the effort post is kind of putting a little doubt in my read

##unvote

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Quick reminder before deadline:

If I die N1 flerp is scum.

You may now return to your original programming.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I'm at work on my morning breakfast break, and I won't be around for deadline.

##vote Humalong

I think he's made a couple of weird meta arguments, particularly for D1, and poo poo like "one of the lurkers is likely scum wink wink lynch a lurker" stand out to me

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Infinitum posted:

I'm at work on my morning breakfast break, and I won't be around for deadline.

##vote Humalong

I think he's made a couple of weird meta arguments, particularly for D1, and poo poo like "one of the lurkers is likely scum wink wink lynch a lurker" stand out to me

There are like 7 lurkers and I voted for someone who is not lurking this is a lovely reason

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Woof, got to have a nice little discussion with the plant and complex controller about how they're gonna need to write off $1.25MM and it went a lot longer than I thought it might. Cool. Anyway I am here for ~40 minutes. I'll miss deadline but I'm gonna skim fast

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
hmm. i just read humalong's effort post again and it didn't ping me as flailing scum like it did the first time.

##unvote

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Reading humalong coming in and giving reads makes me feel better about him

But that drive by vote from inf is a yikes

##vote inf

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

AnAnonymousIdiot (2): Max, Max, Somberbrero, Tobbs Gnawed
chaoslord (2): bowmore, merk, CCKeane, b-minus1, Tobbs Gnawed, CCKeane, b-minus1, Tobbs Gnawed
Mr. Humalong (2): Max, Max, Max, Tobbs Gnawed, Max, Tobbs Gnawed, KhediveRex, Max, b-minus1, Dick Bastardly, Dick Bastardly, Infinitum, b-minus1, Max
Infinitum (2): Tired Moritz, Max
Dick Bastardly (2): Toalpaz, chaoslord, CCKeane, Mr. Humalong, Hal Incandenza, AnAnonymousIdiot, Tobbs Gnawed, KhediveRex, Tobbs Gnawed, Mr. Humalong, Toalpaz, Hal Incandenza, CCKeane, KhediveRex
CCKeane (2): Hal Incandenza, Hal Incandenza, Max, hambeet, Hal Incandenza, Max
b-minus1 (1): Max, Max, flerp, Infinitum, flerp, Mr. Humalong, Infinitum
Tired Moritz (1): xiw
A Sometimes Food (1): Toalpaz
Toalpaz (1): Max, Max, flerp
Tobbs Gnawed (1): merk, merk, CCKeane
hambeet (0): Infinitum, Infinitum
merk (0): Toalpaz, Toalpaz
flerp (0): Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed

Not Voting (3): A Sometimes Food, b-minus1, Dick Bastardly

With 20 alive, it's 11 votes to execute. The current deadline is February 13th, 2019 at 8 p.m. EST -- that's in about 1 hour, 33 minutes.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

b-minus1 posted:

hmm. i just read humalong's effort post again and it didn't ping me as flailing scum like it did the first time.

##unvote

Was there anything in particular that jumped out to you that caused you to change your mind or is it all gut?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

hambeet posted:

Well sorta kinda. I just wanted a bit more out of you on humalong as it was a relevant topic and you had sort of commented on it.

I wanted other people to engage with it more because I wasn't sure how I felt, I thought more interactions with be useful.

Sorry I'm not more engaged right now, been a v. busy day at work

Max
Nov 30, 2002

That's a hell of a spread with ~1 hours left.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

As the guy who's super suspicious I'd like to present my hot take on the top 5 people. Keep in mind I'm on a phone so I must be concise.

Dick Bastardly: joke vote. People are sticking to their vote for any tell.

Infinitum insightful pays attention to posts. Following "Town logic" he MUST be scum.

Chaoslord: being forgetful about who had what posting priveleges. A shame if unintentional; malicious if unintentional.

Humalong: not presenting his case well. Need to clarify with more words.

Self: fourth mafia going forward. Latest unique mafia game. Would love to play unique part of game without mafia part getting in the way.