Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Nm u

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
alright ##vote infinitum

Max
Nov 30, 2002

KhediveRex posted:

To answer your first question, in the last hour you can rely on scum pushing a town. Does that mean everyone campaigning in the last hour is bad? No, certainly. But it does mean scum can be found among the people with an axe to grind in the last hour.

AI's most recent string of posts is signature AI. It doesn't worry me even if it's more elaborate and esoteric than standard cases.

At the moment, Hum, DB or Bminus are some of my top picks. But, I'll vote whoever I need to to avoid a mislynch.

I am not aware of signature AI means, so I don't see why I should be assuaged by that.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I feel like a lot of people here are having trouble looking past their own intrinsic biases when it comes to getting that people may not know what they know.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Infinitum (5): Tired Moritz, Max, chaoslord, Max, Toalpaz, Max, Somberbrero
CCKeane (3): Hal Incandenza, Hal Incandenza, Max, hambeet, Hal Incandenza, Max, AnAnonymousIdiot
AnAnonymousIdiot (2): Max, Max, Somberbrero, Tobbs Gnawed, Max, Dick Bastardly, Max, Somberbrero
chaoslord (2): bowmore, merk, CCKeane, b-minus1, Tobbs Gnawed, CCKeane, b-minus1, Tobbs Gnawed
Mr. Humalong (2): Max, Max, Max, Tobbs Gnawed, Max, Tobbs Gnawed, KhediveRex, Max, b-minus1, Dick Bastardly, Dick Bastardly, Infinitum, b-minus1, Max
b-minus1 (1): Max, Max, flerp, Infinitum, flerp, Mr. Humalong, Infinitum
Tired Moritz (1): xiw
Toalpaz (1): Max, Max, flerp
Tobbs Gnawed (1): merk, merk, CCKeane
hambeet (0): Infinitum, Infinitum
Dick Bastardly (0): Toalpaz, chaoslord, CCKeane, Mr. Humalong, Hal Incandenza, AnAnonymousIdiot, Tobbs Gnawed, KhediveRex, Tobbs Gnawed, Mr. Humalong, Toalpaz, Hal Incandenza, CCKeane, KhediveRex, chaoslord, AnAnonymousIdiot
merk (0): Toalpaz, Toalpaz
A Sometimes Food (0): Toalpaz, Toalpaz
flerp (0): Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed

Not Voting (2): A Sometimes Food, b-minus1

With 20 alive, it's 11 votes to execute. The current deadline is February 13th, 2019 at 8 p.m. EST -- that's in about 28 minutes.

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

A poster to surpass Bifauxnen!

Dick Bastardly posted:

did you address this fact with the maf community and or the mod before this game started?

I wrote CPig and asked if the two of us as brothers would be allowed to play in the same game. He gave us a go ahead like it was no big deal. I asked if I should post it publically to the thread. He said it wasn't necessary.

We have avoided playing games together in the past to avoid any awkwardness. But we both found the premise of searching for things in this game delightfully curious.

If people are very not okay with us being relatives, please vote me and not AI. I'll hold it against no one.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

KhediveRex posted:

I wrote CPig and asked if the two of us as brothers would be allowed to play in the same game. He gave us a go ahead like it was no big deal. I asked if I should post it publically to the thread. He said it wasn't necessary.

We have avoided playing games together in the past to avoid any awkwardness. But we both found the premise of searching for things in this game delightfully curious.

If people are very not okay with us being relatives, please vote me and not AI. I'll hold it against no one.

It's not an issue, don't worry.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Here. Could get behind a finnidunk

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
I'm disappointed that we won't be able to do anything about Lurkers/Lurking Scum/ASF. If ASF's town scum do me a solid and kill them.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Well sheeit, if this is happening it's happening now.

##vote Infinitum

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Yeah, 25 minutes.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Toalpaz posted:

I'm disappointed that we won't be able to do anything about Lurkers/Lurking Scum/ASF. If ASF's town scum do me a solid and kill them.

WTH is this even

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
why is the deadline so early

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I’m here, just got home, catching up on these 20 posts

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Toalpaz posted:

huh?

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

There are no anti-lurker mechanics detailed in the OP from what I can see. I think that’s what Toalpaz is getting at?

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

scum cleaning up lurkers would be a courtesy to town so that we have a fun game :) what's not to understand?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Mr. Humalong posted:

There are no anti-lurker mechanics detailed in the OP from what I can see. I think that’s what Toalpaz is getting at?
not sure what that has to do with scum hunting

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
v0v that's how I always play as scum

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

KhediveRex posted:

this satisfies my query and i do not object (my opinion matters WAY less than the mod's in this case)

Max
Nov 30, 2002

bowmore posted:

not sure what that has to do with scum hunting

Who scum

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Y'all we really need to kick this pig, vote.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

15 minutes to deadline and lead vote is at 5-.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Infinitum (6): Tired Moritz, Max, chaoslord, Max, Toalpaz, Max, Somberbrero, Tobbs Gnawed
CCKeane (3): Hal Incandenza, Hal Incandenza, Max, hambeet, Hal Incandenza, Max, AnAnonymousIdiot
chaoslord (2): bowmore, merk, CCKeane, b-minus1, Tobbs Gnawed, CCKeane, b-minus1, Tobbs Gnawed
Mr. Humalong (2): Max, Max, Max, Tobbs Gnawed, Max, Tobbs Gnawed, KhediveRex, Max, b-minus1, Dick Bastardly, Dick Bastardly, Infinitum, b-minus1, Max
AnAnonymousIdiot (1): Max, Max, Somberbrero, Tobbs Gnawed, Max, Dick Bastardly, Max, Somberbrero, Tobbs Gnawed
Toalpaz (1): Max, Max, flerp
Dick Bastardly (0): Toalpaz, chaoslord, CCKeane, Mr. Humalong, Hal Incandenza, AnAnonymousIdiot, Tobbs Gnawed, KhediveRex, Tobbs Gnawed, Mr. Humalong, Toalpaz, Hal Incandenza, CCKeane, KhediveRex, chaoslord, AnAnonymousIdiot

With 20 alive, it's 11 votes to execute. The current deadline is February 13th, 2019 at 8 p.m. EST -- that's in about 15 minutes.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Oops sorry got distracted ##vote infi

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
you can deal with lurkers by voting them :shrug:

toal do you think that is a better option than voting for a player with scummy posts?

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
##vote infi

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
##vote Inf

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Infinitum (9): Tired Moritz, Max, chaoslord, Max, Toalpaz, Max, Somberbrero, Tobbs Gnawed, Hal Incandenza, flerp, Dick Bastardly
CCKeane (2): Hal Incandenza, Hal Incandenza, Max, hambeet, Hal Incandenza, Max, AnAnonymousIdiot, Hal Incandenza
AnAnonymousIdiot (0): Max, Max, Somberbrero, Tobbs Gnawed, Max, Dick Bastardly, Max, Somberbrero, Tobbs Gnawed, Dick Bastardly
Toalpaz (0): Max, Max, flerp, flerp

With 20 alive, it's 11 votes to execute. The current deadline is February 13th, 2019 at 8 p.m. EST -- that's in about 13 minutes.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

##vote inf

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
honestly, not 100% sure about why infi is taking the lead, but it seems like the best bet to avoid a no lynch

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
b minus, if not inf then who

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Dick Bastardly posted:

you can deal with lurkers by voting them :shrug:

toal do you think that is a better option than voting for a player with scummy posts?

I think killing lurkers day 1 has merit over active players despite how scummy they may or may not look. Often times scum are caught by accident or being inactive day 1 imo. People say dumb stuff all the time and especially with no history day 1 it can be hard to tell the difference between dumb town stuff, and scum stuff, and scum telling you dumb town stuff is a scum tell.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Dick Bastardly posted:

b minus, if not inf then who

with 10 mins to go that is...

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Infinitum (10): Tired Moritz, Max, chaoslord, Max, Toalpaz, Max, Somberbrero, Tobbs Gnawed, Hal Incandenza, flerp, Dick Bastardly, Mr. Humalong
CCKeane (2): Hal Incandenza, Hal Incandenza, Max, hambeet, Hal Incandenza, Max, AnAnonymousIdiot, Hal Incandenza
AnAnonymousIdiot (0): Max, Max, Somberbrero, Tobbs Gnawed, Max, Dick Bastardly, Max, Somberbrero, Tobbs Gnawed, Dick Bastardly
b-minus1 (0): Max, Max, flerp, Infinitum, flerp, Mr. Humalong, Infinitum, Mr. Humalong

With 20 alive, it's 11 votes to execute. The current deadline is February 13th, 2019 at 8 p.m. EST -- that's in about 10 minutes.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Anon Idiot or Rex u gunna hammer or what?

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
##vote infi

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

A poster to surpass Bifauxnen!
I'll hammer. What the hell. I killed momentum on AI, I'll take responsibility for the threads next best guess.

##vote infi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: Oh god! Infinitum is hammered!

Votecount for Day 1

Infinitum (12): Tired Moritz, Max, chaoslord, Max, Toalpaz, Max, Somberbrero, Tobbs Gnawed, Hal Incandenza, flerp, Dick Bastardly, Mr. Humalong, b-minus1, KhediveRex
Mr. Humalong (1): Max, Max, Max, Tobbs Gnawed, Max, Tobbs Gnawed, KhediveRex, Max, b-minus1, Dick Bastardly, Dick Bastardly, Infinitum, b-minus1, Max, KhediveRex
b-minus1 (0): Max, Max, flerp, Infinitum, flerp, Mr. Humalong, Infinitum, Mr. Humalong

Not Voting (1): A Sometimes Food

With 20 alive, it's 11 votes to execute. The current deadline is February 13th, 2019 at 8 p.m. EST -- that's in about 6 minutes.