Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Svensken posted:

I'm just in the clan for the GOATSE tag, hth

Do the youth of today even know what goatse is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm pretty sure anyone playing Path of Exile is either not a youth or someone who knows those things just as much as I know Battleship Potemkin.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Wafflecopper posted:

goatse is an old friend

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja

Wafflecopper posted:

Those who do not learn history are doomed to repeat it.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
how do you do fellow youths

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Back in my day we didn't have Minecraft or Fortnite. We would show each other pictures of a man's gaping anus for fun, and that's how we liked it.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

I don't think it's news but the official POE twitter account posted the countdown clock to 3.6.0 launch announcement:

https://twitter.com/pathofexile/status/1096511765938982912

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

No Safe Word posted:

I don't think it's news but the official POE twitter account posted the countdown clock to 3.6.0 launch announcement:

This is not specific to PoE, but I've become really miffed about so many things having scheduled announcements for a later date. Like, dude, you're announcing it now by telling me you're going to announce it later. Why this contrivance?

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Its because they first contact a number of press orgs and then schedule a simultaneous release.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

It will be an under water league with z axis movement and targeting

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Addamere posted:

This is not specific to PoE, but I've become really miffed about so many things having scheduled announcements for a later date. Like, dude, you're announcing it now by telling me you're going to announce it later. Why this contrivance?

It's called building hype so you get as many eyes on the reveal as possible.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

For this next league we are going turn based

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Phobophilia posted:

Its because they first contact a number of press orgs and then schedule a simultaneous release.

They could do that behind the screens, without the transparent attempt to build hype. I would prefer they do, because I'm not going to watch the drat thing either way.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Feldegast42 posted:

For this next league we are going turn based

Hillock to F-3.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I don't mind it when they do stuff like that because it's about the same as "hey we're working on stuff and we'll show it off soon" combined with "what the gently caress ggg when's the next league announcement plz".

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

I think it helps manage expectations and therefore reduces toxic commentary in gaming communities, somewhat.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Addamere posted:

Hillock to F-3.

I would say Atziri is just a better version of Dominus.

But he's already sitting at the Tower.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

pork never goes bad posted:

I think it helps manage expectations and therefore reduces toxic commentary in gaming communities, somewhat.

That's like trying to reduce the water content of the ocean.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

No Safe Word posted:

drat that owns, them calling it an expansion implies we’re actually getting more content. I genuinely expected another flashback type “all the previous leagues in one” placeholder league.

I have no idea what the gently caress they’re gonna do now tbh.

Also if they add more minion skills I want Phantasms but melee. :yayclod:

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
I mean it is probably gonna be sick, as usual, but they call literally all their new leagues expansions these days

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I don't know if it's actually an expansion as opposed to another regular league cycle, guess we'll find out soon. If it's an actual real expansion I'm going to laugh even more at all the dudes who were mad as gently caress that GGG took off some time for the holidays and let their dudes recharge.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

MMF Freeway posted:

I mean it is probably gonna be sick, as usual, but they call literally all their new leagues expansions these days

No I know I’m saying I didn’t expect a new league at all, so getting a new league is already surpassing my expectations lol.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Vasudus posted:

I don't know if it's actually an expansion as opposed to another regular league cycle, guess we'll find out soon. If it's an actual real expansion I'm going to laugh even more at all the dudes who were mad as gently caress that GGG took off some time for the holidays and let their dudes recharge.

The past six leagues have all been considered expansions, it's gonna be just like they were, and I doubt that this pattern is gonna change until 4.0

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

Arrhythmia posted:

The past six leagues have all been considered expansions, it's gonna be just like they were, and I doubt that this pattern is gonna change until 4.0

This is not quite accurate. In terms of size/complexity of content they are similar to expansions, but they are not considered one. An expansion is content that adds/changes the core game directly, such as the masters rework and GGG is usually very clear about that. Betrayal was called an expansion, Incursion was not.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
They did refer to incursion as an expansion, they basically use the terms interchangeably and it doesn't really matter since all the leagues in the past couple years have added plenty of content

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Sacrifice of the Vaal (Ambush/Invasion Leagues)
Forsaken Masters (Rampage/Beyond Leagues)
The Awakening (Tempest/Warbands Leagues)
Ascendancy (Perandus League)
Atlas of Worlds (Essence League)
Fall of Oriath (Harbinger League)
War for the Atlas (Abyss League)
Betrayal (Betrayal League)

Those were the expansions. So stuff like Breach, Delve, Incursion, etc. were introduced as non-expansions.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Lightning Knight posted:

No I know I’m saying I didn’t expect a new league at all, so getting a new league is already surpassing my expectations lol.

Oh yeah, you're new. This is normal ever since PoE hit 1.0...*googles*...5.5 years ago

:corsair:

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

whypick1 posted:

Oh yeah, you're new. This is normal ever since PoE hit 1.0...*googles*...5.5 years ago

How are they going to top Betrayal???

:ohdear:

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
GGG uses black magic to somehow top the previous league with like a 75% success rate.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

MMF Freeway posted:

They did refer to incursion as an expansion, they basically use the terms interchangeably and it doesn't really matter since all the leagues in the past couple years have added plenty of content
To be fair, Incursion, Delve, and Bestiary all turned out to just be us beta testing the Betrayal expansion.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Ghostlight posted:

To be fair, Incursion, Delve, and Bestiary all turned out to just be us beta testing the Betrayal expansion.

In that case you might as well call every league a beta test for new content/features/mechanics etc that may or may not be rolled into the base game

remember
Nov 23, 2006

Addamere posted:

They could do that behind the screens, without the transparent attempt to build hype. I would prefer they do, because I'm not going to watch the drat thing either way.

The supporter packs go on sale the day of the announcement and the old ones leave the store, so it's also a way to juice sales of the old supporter packs by letting you know when they leave the store.

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

Lightning Knight posted:

How are they going to top Betrayal???

:ohdear:

For one they can balance the Betrayal encounters with the rest of the content at the same level. Just about all my deaths since yellow league have been Betrayal encounters or corrupted blood stacks that I didn't see in time. The corrupted blood is on me but these Master encounters are way more difficult than the surrounding content.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

Corsair Pool Boy posted:

For one they can balance the Betrayal encounters with the rest of the content at the same level. Just about all my deaths since yellow league have been Betrayal encounters or corrupted blood stacks that I didn't see in time. The corrupted blood is on me but these Master encounters are way more difficult than the surrounding content.

Did you know that a possible implicit corruption on jewels is now "Corrupted Blood cannot be inflicted on you"?

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
At least in future leagues the syndicate won't be lurking in every map. Maybe they are overturned still but at least you aren't forced to engage.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
If they were undertuned you could just ignore them

Now you had to actually look and see which annoying munchkin was invading your game

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Corsair Pool Boy posted:

I can’t imagine, if Betrayal goes core, that it won’t be rebalanced to be more accessible the way Bestiary and Delve were.

Betrayal becoming a core part of the game does mean we’d be dealing with chaos damage a lot more, which makes me sad inside.

Marketed Gum
Jun 26, 2007

The actual betrayal content was the worst part of this otherwise great league, particularly the boss encounter. I also wasn't a fan of the targeted reward farming it made possible either.

I know it isn't going to happen but I wouldn't be sad at all if it never went core.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

please knock Mom! posted:

If they were undertuned you could just ignore them

Now you had to actually look and see which annoying munchkin was invading your game

You can already ignore them by just rotating through the encounters in a low-level map until you get a research, then leaving it uncompleted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

whypick1 posted:

The weirdest thing about PoE is that it feels to me like the game's been out for over a decade and I'm not sure if it's because of how much content has been made or if there's some other illusion at hand but whenever I see how old PoE is I get the weirdest feeling that "wait I wasn't playing this game, like, before League of Legends was out?"