Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fakeaccount
Jun 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

The Protagonist posted:

apprehended ∴ white

lol white people am I right!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Jose posted:

At least something good came out of it if 4 cops got shot

you know...
its really gonna suck when
on day, far from now,
I'm involved in a local election, or high level job consideration, and
someone finds and connects me to posts like these, but...

yeah, Jose. Yeah. I agree.

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
The irony for me is that Mrs. Genesplicer's school was having active shooter training when this was going on.

Asshole Rose
Dec 28, 2017

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

america's the best, gun control is wack, build the wall

Asshole Rose
Dec 28, 2017

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
OP Do you honestly believe you have made any kind of point or correlation worth talking about with this thread? What happened, one person died and 340,000,000 people should stop thinking about things like their own diet killing half of them, 70,000 medical malpractice deaths a year, 40,000 dead a year from car wrecks

Let us become obsessed with and terrified of the huge number: Like 274 Americans killed a year by rifles

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Woden
May 6, 2006

limp_cheese posted:

Its really sad that when I hear about these things my first thought is "Was anyone killed? If not is this really a mass shooting?" loving America. It happens so often I'm just numb to it, even when it happens in the next city over.

I hope everyone is ready for the usual song and dance. Thoughts and prayers, we can't do anything its too soon, the NRA freaks about people coming for your guns, their donations go up along with gun sales, then another one hppens in a few weeks and the cycle starts again.

Isn't the NRA is too busy fighting the Russia stuff and hosed financially these days?

onedayholiday
Dec 6, 2013

Grimey Drawer

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

limp_cheese posted:

Its really sad that when I hear about these things my first thought is "Was anyone killed? If not is this really a mass shooting?" loving America. It happens so often I'm just numb to it, even when it happens in the next city over.

I hope everyone is ready for the usual song and dance. Thoughts and prayers, we can't do anything its too soon, the NRA freaks about people coming for your guns, their donations go up along with gun sales, then another one hppens in a few weeks and the cycle starts again.

America can't get anything right, it's just loving America. You hit the nail on the head buddy. We need a country that is safe for our children, and the future children of earth. Let's check out our options.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

extra stout posted:

OP Do you honestly believe you have made any kind of point or correlation worth talking about with this thread? What happened, one person died and 340,000,000 people should stop thinking about things like their own diet killing half of them, 70,000 medical malpractice deaths a year, 40,000 dead a year from car wrecks

Let us become obsessed with and terrified of the huge number: Like 274 Americans killed a year by rifles

Lol what

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Yikes

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

CNN reporting 5 dead plus suspect, which means :siren: :toot: WE GOT A NEW 2019 RECORD BOYS :toot: :siren:

Fallen Hamprince fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Feb 16, 2019

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

in america everybody kills eachother and also, america has like, an 86% literacy rate, how crazy is that poo poo?

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

extra stout posted:

:discourse:

epsilon
Oct 31, 2001

extra stout posted:

Sir this is an Arby’s

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Just chillin' in the sink

My first attempt at photoshop (GIMP), I'm so sorry everybody.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Genesplicer posted:

The irony for me is that Mrs. Genesplicer's school was having active shooter training when this was going on.

As a tea-swilling limey, this sentence sounds like something from a dystopian sci-fi novel.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Genesplicer posted:

They’re having a debate about this around me. Some are saying having the kids participate, like elementary aged, is freaking them out too much.

PancakeTransmission
May 27, 2007

You gotta improvise, Lisa: cloves, Tom Collins mix, frozen pie crust...

Plaster Town Cop

extra stout posted:

Good point. Good thing the US never started a war over less than 1/10th of the vehicle accidents per year, killing hundreds of thousands of civilians in the process!

Asshole Rose
Dec 28, 2017

Caesar Saladin posted:

in america everybody kills eachother and also, america has like, an 86% literacy rate, how crazy is that poo poo?

onedayholiday
Dec 6, 2013

Grimey Drawer
https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2019/02/15/aurora-shooter-gary-martin/

The mass shooter who killed five people at the Henry Pratt company in Aurora Friday afternoon was identified as 45-year-old employee Gary Martin, Aurora police said during a news conference Friday evening
He was convicted of stabbing a woman in Mississippi in 1994

Asshole Rose
Dec 28, 2017

Fallen Hamprince posted:

CNN reporting 5 dead plus suspect, which means :siren: :toot: WE GOT A NEW 2019 RECORD BOYS :toot: :siren:

Twelve Batmans
Dec 24, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Hell of a tan.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I send my thoughts and prayers even though I’m an atheist.

Asshole Rose
Dec 28, 2017

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
Murica

Asshole Rose
Dec 28, 2017

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

I looked it up, we have quite a few more Auroras to get through here people

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Burt Sexual posted:

They’re having a debate about this around me. Some are saying having the kids participate, like elementary aged, is freaking them out too much.

Oh I thought the debate was if it was irony or coincidence

Asshole Rose
Dec 28, 2017

Milo and POTUS posted:

Oh I thought the debate was if it was irony or coincidence

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

thinkin' bout thos dogs

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

still with only six total fatalities, it's still very much an open question whether this shooting will be the deadliest of the month. no less than five of last year's US mass shootings had higher fatality numbers, with all but one of those hitting double digits

Asshole Rose
Dec 28, 2017

Fallen Hamprince posted:

still with only six total fatalities, it's still very much an open question whether this shooting will be the deadliest of the month. no less than five of last year's US mass shootings had higher fatality numbers, with all but one of those hitting double digits

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
expected the same tepid takes as always, got some funny shops instead, great thread

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
gently caress YOU AURORA / YOU TOOK MY ONLY FRIEND

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Fallen Hamprince posted:

still with only six total fatalities

"only six"

hey america are you guys doing okay

rear end in a top hat rose you are making me actually crack up with those pics though

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

:tandp:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Creamed Cormp posted:

expected the same tepid takes as always, got some funny shops instead, great thread

We were all waiting for you contribution and evaluation of the thread.