Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

why not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

KhediveRex posted:

I don't love this line of discussion ...:words:... So let's just make the info public.

um ok

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
night action madness nightmares
maybe i am scum

Cpig Haiku contest 2020 winner

bowmore posted:

if you get things for staying in place i don't see any reason to move from the riverbank

The riverbank has worse stuff and lower chance of finding the We Win Instantly thing.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

xiw posted:

The riverbank has worse stuff and lower chance of finding the We Win Instantly thing.
is there a chance it's only at the riverbank?

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
night action madness nightmares
maybe i am scum

Cpig Haiku contest 2020 winner

bowmore posted:

is there a chance it's only at the riverbank?

Yeah that's a good point I read the OP as saying it was more likely the secret's in more dangerous places but that is not stated.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

xiw posted:

Yeah that's a good point I read the OP as saying it was more likely the secret's in more dangerous places but that is not stated.
Yeah alright then i'll just chill here for now

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

xiw posted:

-> repeating the day one thing then toal, b-minus, bowmore leap in on it. Not much use as far as investigating the death - feels like more diversion from it. If Flerp hadn't flipped I'd be thinking chaoslord might be the one doing the tobbs kill (and i probably wouldn't want to post that yet) but I want to think more about what the point of this for chaoslord is compared to getting into all the interesting things that happened from the night.

The point of it was “I told DB I was going to do it and his probation was another short one.” “All the interesting things” is strange framing. Scum killed Keane, someone killed Tobbs, and Hal exited the game due to Keane’s death. Excusing the Hal thing, which doesn’t really count because it has nothing to do with an action on Hal, it was a fairly typical mafia night.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

b-minus1 posted:

Ok I just read through mountain chat again. Feel reasonably confident that max and beet are town and would like them to return to the mountain with me tonight.

Sure.

What happens in the mountains, stays in the mountains.

:wink:

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

bowmore posted:

yes, and my point still stands

I don't think you are, but okay.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

KhediveRex posted:

That means anyone unclaimed is hanging out in the quarry.

The complete list of players in the quarry has been long claimed

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

A poster to surpass Bifauxnen!

chaoslord posted:

The complete list of players in the quarry has been long claimed

Does it match what's listed below? If not, please feel free to edit.

KhediveRex posted:

river of losers
bowmore, TMor, Toalpaz, Keane, asf

mountain of awesomeness
ham, max, *tobbs*, flerp, hal, b-minus1, anon idiot

dessert of yumminess?
xiw

pretty cool cliffs
rex, somber

rockin' quarry
db, merk, clord, hum

cold embrace of death
Infi

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

KhediveRex posted:

Does it match what's listed below? If not, please feel free to edit.

Yeah it matches

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

chaoslord posted:

Yeah it matches

A thought has occurred: if tobbs and flerp had beef, and that flerp was an SK, and Tobbs was mafia, what's the likelihood that the mod has roles baked into what relations we have with one another?

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Ugh quote is not reply phone!

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

A thought has occurred: if tobbs and flerp had beef, and that flerp was an SK, and Tobbs was mafia, what's the likelihood that the mod has roles baked into what relations we have with one another?
that would mean CPig wouldn't have randomly generated the roles

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

Depends on the mod. Some mods will dish out roles and then make some changes if they are worried about particular players but with Cpig my guess is none. This is some inside baseball but once a year or two ago I wanted to play in a cpig game but didn’t feel like being scum so I PMed him and said “hey I’ll play if you can guarantee I’ll be Town” and he told me he doesn’t like to mess with the RNG. So very likely he just set up the roles, had them assigned, and called it good without changing a thing

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

chaoslord posted:

Depends on the mod. Some mods will dish out roles and then make some changes if they are worried about particular players but with Cpig my guess is none. This is some inside baseball but once a year or two ago I wanted to play in a cpig game but didn’t feel like being scum so I PMed him and said “hey I’ll play if you can guarantee I’ll be Town” and he told me he doesn’t like to mess with the RNG. So very likely he just set up the roles, had them assigned, and called it good without changing a thing

Or he just doesnt like you enough.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
cpig doesn't favour any of us.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Toalpaz posted:

cpig doesn't favour any of us.

well he made me 10 shot bullet proof... just sayin

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

sorry, to be clear, that was a joke bowmore.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

hambeet posted:

sorry, to be clear, that was a joke bowmore.

::jerkbag:

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

hambeet posted:

well he made me 10 shot bullet proof... just sayin

Wtf me too

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

[quote="bowmore" post="492621499"]
::jerkbag:
[/quote

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

i can't be too sure with you.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Afternoon goons, I'm up and catching up now.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

I don't think bowmore liked me putting him in loser squad.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

A Sometimes Food posted:

Afternoon goons, I'm up and catching up now.

I look forward to your reads. :)

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

##unvote

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
drat deadline is over 2 days away

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Hey Max do you want to talk anymore about your deal

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

bowmore posted:

max is probably town, more likely for town to have a day kill than scum

BUT who knows, still keeping an open mind there

This post doesn't say anything at all

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I was planning on staying in riverbank because I don't want to die but I'm willing to move somewhere more dangerous if people want me to.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

what's scum chat say?

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

hambeet posted:

what's scum chat say?

:ssj:

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

bowmore posted:

in light of flerps flip this post takes on a new light

I was curious what the new light lets you see in KDRex's post. Its easy to say something has changed about how you read KDRex's read, but what exactly has changed in light of flerp's flip?

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

AAI's flailing reminds me of my flailing as scum a few games back when I misread the thread and mixed in scum knowledge accidentally in my posts. Like it could be an innocent misread but it is really reminiscent of me loving up as scum a few games back.

Tired Moritz posted:

If you guys really want to kill one of the riverpeeps, then uhh, bowmore is the first person to push the narrative that keane accidentally scumslipped, followed by A Sometimes Food.

Not a fan of how bowmore was the first person to push for the riverbank kill. feels like a kiss assy and a bit pushy for Max to shoot someone else other than themselves.

I never pushed a narrative keane scumslipped. I noted Keane made a post in river chat that could have been read as a scumslip, but then noted it was unlikely he was killed for it as he was probably killed by scum. This constant misreading of my posts has got me self conscious. Were my posts that poorly worded or are people deliberately mischaracterising my posts?

Also

Tired Moritz posted:

tbh keane was probably killed by a townie, since he "scumslipped" in the chat.

You were the person to post this in the thread despite the fact the other nightkill was of scum and you should have assumed the Keane nk was by scum. Combined with AAI slipping that he assumed scum got blocked, I'm wondering if scum got blocked and both Moritz and AAI slipped up by posting with that in mind.

##vote Tired Moritz

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

A Sometimes Food posted:

AAI's flailing reminds me of my flailing as scum a few games back when I misread the thread and mixed in scum knowledge accidentally in my posts. Like it could be an innocent misread but it is really reminiscent of me loving up as scum a few games back.

Yeah I was just reading through Tobbs, and something that interests me is this push towards AAI. Is this scum bussing or just like... is this a push towards a weak player or scum bussing? He was early on AAI vote so it wasn't like a knife in the back hrm. Im inclined to think it was a random vote on a weak town player that Tobbs saw as an opportunity. But it wasn't a very extensive case.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I may be biased because I think AAI is scum.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

TBH I can see AAI as scum. He's trying to skate by on just mechanics content but the quote above came after quite a few players mentioned where they planned to go tonight. Not reading with a focus exclusively on mechanics = scum.

##vote AAI

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

votefinder posted:

:redhammer: Oh god! Infinitum is hammered!

Votecount for Day 1

Infinitum (12): Tired Moritz, Max, chaoslord, Max, Toalpaz, Max, Somberbrero, Tobbs Gnawed, Hal Incandenza, flerp, Dick Bastardly, Mr. Humalong, b-minus1, KhediveRex
chaoslord (2): bowmore, merk, CCKeane, b-minus1, Tobbs Gnawed, CCKeane, b-minus1, Tobbs Gnawed
CCKeane (2): Hal Incandenza, Hal Incandenza, Max, hambeet, Hal Incandenza, Max, AnAnonymousIdiot, Hal Incandenza
Tired Moritz (1): xiw
Mr. Humalong (1): Max, Max, Max, Tobbs Gnawed, Max, Tobbs Gnawed, KhediveRex, Max, b-minus1, Dick Bastardly, Dick Bastardly, Infinitum, b-minus1, Max, KhediveRex
Tobbs Gnawed (1): merk, merk, CCKeane
AnAnonymousIdiot (0): Max, Max, Somberbrero, Tobbs Gnawed, Max, Dick Bastardly, Max, Somberbrero, Tobbs Gnawed, Dick Bastardly
b-minus1 (0): Max, Max, flerp, Infinitum, flerp, Mr. Humalong, Infinitum, Mr. Humalong
hambeet (0): Infinitum, Infinitum
Dick Bastardly (0): Toalpaz, chaoslord, CCKeane, Mr. Humalong, Hal Incandenza, AnAnonymousIdiot, Tobbs Gnawed, KhediveRex, Tobbs Gnawed, Mr. Humalong, Toalpaz, Hal Incandenza, CCKeane, KhediveRex, chaoslord, AnAnonymousIdiot
merk (0): Toalpaz, Toalpaz
A Sometimes Food (0): Toalpaz, Toalpaz
Toalpaz (0): Max, Max, flerp, flerp
flerp (0): Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed

Not Voting (1): A Sometimes Food

With 20 alive, it's 11 votes to execute. The current deadline is February 13th, 2019 at 8 p.m. EST -- that's in about 6 minutes.

Idk it could have been a scumbus because it's only the second vote before AAI posted something else and picked up some more heat and 2 votes.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

A Sometimes Food posted:

You were the person to post this in the thread despite the fact the other nightkill was of scum and you should have assumed the Keane nk was by scum. Combined with AAI slipping that he assumed scum got blocked, I'm wondering if scum got blocked and both Moritz and AAI slipped up by posting with that in mind.

##vote Tired Moritz

if you're in the riverchat, and you saw keane dropping scummy suspicious posts in the chat, wouldn't it be logical that a townie with a night kill would shoot keane immediately instead of giving him the chance to weasel his way out? compared to the chance of having scum somehow managing to kill the jester who also happened to make pushy "scumslips"?

don't call me out for having trust that the riverbank peeps are actually townies that killed the obvious target.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

if you're in the riverchat, and you saw keane dropping scummy suspicious posts in the chat, wouldn't it be logical that a townie with a night kill would shoot keane immediately instead of giving him the chance to weasel his way out? compared to the chance of having scum somehow managing to kill the jester who also happened to make pushy "scumslips"?

don't call me out for having trust that the riverbank peeps are actually townies that killed the obvious target.

Except there's no reason to trust our "riverbank peeps" and the other nightkill was scum, so assuming Keane was killed by townies, is assuming scum had no nk. Which is knowledge town wouldn't normally have.

Also accusuing me of lacking loyalty to our one night unconfirmed masonry is some loving disingenuous poo poo.